PDA

View Full Version : Rivers is done

DPG21920
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
I did not want to see it from a guy whom I believed in, but he's done. He has a noodle arm and can't make any throws downfield. He's never been a big cannon, but now he really can't throw down field at all. It's all lofted 50/50 balls and his WR's are no longer talented enough to win them with his diminished arm strength and accuracy.

He cemented his legacy tonight: a tough guy who never belonged in the elite convo with guys like Brees or anyone else that could never get it done despite having ridiculous talent around him. He had built in excuses all the time (although he was not an over the top excuse guy himself) and now I realize he was not nearly as good as I thought it was.

Sad because I like Philip and really thought he had "it", but he just doesn't and no longer is a QB that can be even remotely relied upon.

TIMMYtoZO
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
:lol at people thinking that piece of shit would have done a better job with the Giants than Elite Manning.

DPG21920
10-15-2012, 11:19 PM
BTW - I learned I am a Chargers fan tonight. I was on the fence somewhat but seeing how much this loss bothered me compared to the Cowboys, definitely a Chargers/Rivers fan.

vander
10-15-2012, 11:22 PM
BTW - I learned I am a Chargers fan tonight. I was on the fence somewhat but seeing how much this loss bothered me compared to the Cowboys, definitely a Chargers/Rivers fan.

pretty terrible life choice right there

DPG21920
10-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I agree - but what can you do?

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Trust me, you do NOT want to go down that road, tbh....

Avante
10-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I cannot believe how many of you here put sooooooooooooooooooooo much into..."a"...game. Incredible! It simply doesn't work that way. One week it's..."Russell Wlson sucks he can't"... following week he's beating Tom Brady? That must be it for Brady he did lose to a rookie...hahaha!!!!!! How many INT's did Manning throw vs Atlanta, well hell that must be it....hahahaha!

People people people....give things some fucking time. These players don't get bad because of..."a"...game. They don't get fantastic because they had ..."a"...great game.

Calm down, look at the big picture.

Fabbs
10-16-2012, 01:17 AM
I wonder if his knee is whacked too.
Moving real slow*, limping.

Slower then usual.

Fabbs
10-16-2012, 01:21 AM
I did not want to see it from a guy whom I believed in, but he's done. He has a noodle arm and can't make any throws downfield. He's never been a big cannon, but now he really can't throw down field at all. It's all lofted 50/50 balls and his WR's are no longer talented enough to win them with his diminished arm strength and accuracy.

He cemented his legacy tonight: a tough guy who never belonged in the elite convo with guys like Brees or anyone else that could never get it done despite having ridiculous talent around him. He had built in excuses all the time (although he was not an over the top excuse guy himself) and now I realize he was not nearly as good as I thought it was.

Sad because I like Philip and really thought he had "it", but he just doesn't and no longer is a QB that can be even remotely relied upon.
The short throws he was hitting 85% tonight. Also this makes it so the O line does not have to hold as long. 3 of the 4 ints were moron Norv long ball calls.
Rivers can throw it just as far as Manning. Mannings playcalling was vastly superior to Norvrons.
Esp the Fumble 6. Bolts were on 33 yard line with 3rd and 8. Denver would probably concede anything short of the 1st down, which would leave a chip shot field goal and 27-7.
Instead Norvron calls for another long pass requiring the line to hold 4+ seconds.

TheSanityAnnex
10-16-2012, 01:35 AM
I cannot believe how many of you here put sooooooooooooooooooooo much into..."a"...game. Incredible! It simply doesn't work that way. One week it's..."Russell Wlson sucks he can't"... following week he's beating Tom Brady? That must be it for Brady he did lose to a rookie...hahaha!!!!!! How many INT's did Manning throw vs Atlanta, well hell that must be it....hahahaha!

People people people....give things some fucking time. These players don't get bad because of..."a"...game. They don't get fantastic because they had ..."a"...great game.

This "a" game cost me 500. This team is pathetic. I'm about done.

Avante
10-16-2012, 02:01 AM
This "a" game cost me 500. This team is pathetic. I'm about done.

I've picked up on a new tool, teams heading into a bye week are losing. In this case both teams were heading into a bye week. One sucked in the first half the other in the second half.

I will be staying away from teams heading into a bye week.

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 07:37 AM

It's been multiple years of this shit from Philbilly Rivers, so no, it's not just "a" game.... yet another shitful take from Avante, per par...

DD
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
DPG, there's a recently vacated Bills-fan opening if you want it. They offer a nice package of perpetual disappointment and crippling depression.

johnsmith
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
I've picked up on a new tool, teams heading into a bye week are losing. In this case both teams were heading into a bye week. One sucked in the first half the other in the second half.

Cool, you can couple that with the other tools that help you to win 1/3 of the time. lol.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Cool, you can couple that with the other tools that help you to win 1/3 of the time. lol.

:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 12:40 PM
:lol

Chris
10-16-2012, 02:28 PM
pretty terrible life choice right there

:lol

DontStopBelieving
10-16-2012, 08:24 PM

:lol :lol

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Chargers and Cowboys should seriously consider swamping QBs. Maybe a change in scenery will do them good. God bless

vander
10-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Chargers and Cowboys should seriously consider swamping QBs. Maybe a change in scenery will do them good. God bless

yeah that could work

for the Chargers anyway