PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan goes to soup kitchen, stirs controversy

InRareForm
10-16-2012, 02:16 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politicsnow/la-pn-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photos-20121016,0,1653357.story

clambake
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
damn. he washed dishes at camp and mitt had to sell stock.

yukon men.

RandomGuy
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't be the first politician to use poor people as a prop. Won't be the last.

Ryan is probably genuinely concerned about the poor, from what I understand. Too bad for him he is in the party that almost universally despises poor people, because it comes off as highly disingenuous, despite his personal thoughts/feelings.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM
"Ryan is probably genuinely concerned about the poor"

Catholic Ryan's sociopathic safety net destruction is objected to even by the conservative Catholic Bishops.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Soup kitchen operator blasts Ryan photo op: ‘He did nothing’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Paul-Ryan-photo-op-screenshot.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/15/soup-kitchen-operator-blasts-ryan-photo-op-he-did-nothing/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Gecko/Ryan, as is typical with Repugs in general, know their base falls for this kind of schtick, which they think flatters their side as "compassionate, Christian conservatives". For everybody else, it's an insult.

DarrinS
10-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't be the first politician to use poor people as a prop. Won't be the last.

Ryan is probably genuinely concerned about the poor, from what I understand. Too bad for him he is in the party that almost universally despises poor people, because it comes off as highly disingenuous, despite his personal thoughts/feelings.

Dems are the ones who really care about the poor (their votes).

jack sommerset
10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Dems are the only people that can help the poor. God bless

RandomGuy
10-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Dems are the ones who really care about the poor (their votes).

Case in point.

Do you think poor people can't see through the obvious pandering?

RandomGuy
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
It is funny that you don't even see the implied insult.

The party of rich white guys, by rich white guys, for rich white guys isn't fooling anyone. The Super PAC donation patterns make that abundantly clear, even if the rich white guys are staying anonymous.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Case in point.

Obviously,the Repugs think they can lie to and fool a lot of the people enough of time to win office.

eg, Gecko's litany of lies in the first debate, a great TV "performance" of style over content.

That his performance gave him such huge boost in the polls proves the Repugs are right, Americans are fucking gullible and ignorant.

ploto
10-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Washing clean dishes and acting like you helped at a soup kitchen after the work was all done. :lol

rascal
10-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Nothing more than a photo op to try to portray a caring for the poor compassionate side.

Spurminator
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8516915/paul-ryan-vice-presidential-candidate-confuses-brandon-weeden-colt-mccoy-cleveland-browns-practice

:lol

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Wrong thread

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 07:51 AM
No CC appearance in here? I'm shocked.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Case in point.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IFWT-OBAMA-SOUP-1.jpg

lebomb
10-18-2012, 08:51 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jeM0okIzDYM/0.jpg

ploto
10-18-2012, 09:33 AM
You might want to be smarter about the photos you choose if you are actually trying to make some point. On a day when others sought to destroy, we choose to build. Once again, Sept. 11 will be a National Day of Service and Remembrance, and at Serve.gov every American can make a commitment to honor the victims and heroes of 9/11 by serving our neighbors and communities.

U.S. President Barack Obama with daughter Malia Obama participate in a service project to commemorate the 9/11 anniversary at DC Central Kitchen September 10, 2011 in Washington, DC. The First Family packaged meals that will go to organizations such as DC Public Schools, Covenant House Washington, and New Endeavors by Women.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/IFWT-OBAMA-SOUP-1.jpg

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
lol CowboyCuck with the one on none layup attempt and misses

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 10:09 AM
You might want to be smarter about the photos you choose if you are actually trying to make some point. On a day when others sought to destroy, we choose to build. Once again, Sept. 11 will be a National Day of Service and Remembrance, and at Serve.gov every American can make a commitment to honor the victims and heroes of 9/11 by serving our neighbors and communities.

U.S. President Barack Obama with daughter Malia Obama participate in a service project to commemorate the 9/11 anniversary at DC Central Kitchen September 10, 2011 in Washington, DC. The First Family packaged meals that will go to organizations such as DC Public Schools, Covenant House Washington, and New Endeavors by Women.

So basically he was doing that before the election?

That *is* a funny conservafail.

Latarian Milton
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
the hot bitch standing next to him might explain why he went there and seemed to enjoy his time imho

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM
lol CowboyCuck with the one on none layup attempt and misses

Same shit. pandering photo op. 2 points.

Fabbs
10-18-2012, 11:36 AM
didn't bust in uninvited.
didn't wash already washed dishes.

much different shit.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM

Though he didn't wash already washed dishes. :lmao

ploto
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
the hot bitch standing next to him might explain why he went there and seemed to enjoy his time imho
If you are referring to the female to his right wearing white, that is his daughter.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:04 PM
So basically he was doing that before the election?

That *is* a funny conservafail.

He has been running for re-election for 3 years now. This was only a month ago. No difference at all. They both were doing it for the photo op.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Though he didn't wash already washed dishes. :lmao

If you look at the pot he is holding in his hand and washing it is clearly dirty.

You guys don't think the guy at the food bank might be an obama supporter with an axe to gring looking for his 15 minutes of fame?

z0sa
10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
WGAF?

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
If you look at the pot he is holding in his hand and washing it is clearly dirty.

Oh Yea? Looks pretty clean

M2WVJNxOpvY

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
BTW, if you actually read the article posted by the OP the guy came back and admitted that Ryan family did work and that Ryan did wash dirty dishes.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh Yea? Looks pretty clean

M2WVJNxOpvY

Thats generally what happens after you wash it fucktard.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Look at CC flounder in his conservafail. :lol

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Look at the fucking idiot hallucinating again.

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
He has been running for re-election for 3 years now. This was only a month ago. No difference at all. They both were doing it for the photo op.

Meh, fair criticism, IMO, although I have no evidence either way that either Ryan or Obama genuinely don't care. Quite frankly, as I stated before I think both do.

Which is why I don't put much stock in such things.

If they were genuinely concerned, and acted on such impulses, others would make a big deal out of it, and take pictures, for whatever reason, and publish those pictures for whatever reason.

They have stated that they are genuinely concerned.

Do you have evidence (i.e. contradictory statements) that they weren't concerned about poor people?

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Thats generally what happens after you wash it fucktard.

:lol awkwardly washing an already clean dish
:lol pandering

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Meh, fair criticism, IMO, although I have no evidence either way that either Ryan or Obama genuinely don't care. Quite frankly, as I stated before I think both do.

Which is why I don't put much stock in such things.

If they were genuinely concerned, and acted on such impulses, others would make a big deal out of it, and take pictures, for whatever reason, and publish those pictures for whatever reason.

They have stated that they are genuinely concerned.

Do you have evidence (i.e. contradictory statements) that they weren't concerned about poor people?

Don't argue with me, argue with all these other fucktards making a big deal about the Ryan family doing it. I just pointed out that Obama did the same thing but the retarded ankle biters just won't give it up. It's politics. It's photo ops. it's a non-issue.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Look at the fucking idiot hallucinating again.

They say choose you battles wisely yet you decide to not only post shit from a national day of remembrance 9/11/2011 initiative that you clearly did not look to see where it was from and then you try to equate it to a Ryan's photoop but you then proceed to continue to try and defend it/him.

Really WGAF in the first place but you not only make an ass out of yourself but continue to do so out of what I can only guess is machismo hubris ie stupidity. that's not me hallucinating here, you do have several people laughing at you. Carry on by all means though

clambake
10-18-2012, 12:21 PM
he did it first!!!!!

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Don't argue with me, argue with all these other fucktards making a big deal about the Ryan family doing it. I just pointed out that Obama did the same thing but the retarded ankle biters just won't give it up. It's politics. It's photo ops. it's a non-issue.
http://www.earthshirts.co.uk/ekmps/shops/balconygroup/images/team-red-squirrel-t-shirt-[2]-347-p.jpg

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
They both were doing it for the photo op.

The statement implies that they would only do such things, if there were a photo-op involved, and not if they got no benefit out of it (i.e. they would not help if there were no pictures)

You would appear to be assigning motive, without evidence.

Cynicism may be all well and good, but it is hardly unarguable. If that is not what you are implying (i.e. they would not have helped if there were no pictures taken), then you should clarify.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
The statement implies that they would only do such things, if there were a photo-op involved, and not if they got no benefit out of it (i.e. they would not help if there were no pictures)

You would appear to be assigning motive, without evidence.

Cynicism may be all well and good, but it is hardly unarguable. If that is not what you are implying (i.e. they would not have helped if there were no pictures taken), then you should clarify.

Honestly? I think Obama and Ryan are both pretty busy running for office. I seriously doubt they would have taken time out of their busy schedules 1-2 months before the election to volunteer in a soup kitchen if there weren't reporters or cameras there.

*shrug* I guess you could call me cynical.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Honestly? I think Obama and Ryan are both pretty busy running for office. I seriously doubt they would have taken time out of their busy schedules 1-2 months before the election to volunteer in a soup kitchen if there weren't reporters or cameras there.

Though Obama started as a community organizer...:lol CosmicCuck

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Though Obama started as a community organizer...:lol CosmicCuck

I try not to hold that against him, fucktard.

BTW Community Organizer =/= Dishwasher at soup kitcken

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Go CosmicMonkeyboy Go

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM

a month versus 14 months hmmm. I think it's big bird time

ueZ6tvqhk8U

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 01:22 PM
In other news, Tagg Romney wants to take a swing at Obama. :lol "Tagg"

ploto
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
This was only a month ago. No difference at all.

Try a year and a month ago

ploto
10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
In other news, Tagg Romney wants to take a swing at Obama. :lol "Tagg"
“You want to rush down to the stage and take a swing at him, but you know you can't do that because, well, first because there’s a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because that's the nature of the process.”

Romney has taken on a larger role in the campaign in recent weeks, speaking at more events and reportedly advising his father on strategy.

Might want to rethink that! :lol

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Try a year and a month ago

OK, but he was running for reelection then too. moot point. you guys trying to say "my guy did it out of the goodness of his heart and your guy did it for political reasons" are totally full of shit. they both did it for political photo ops.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
OK, but he was running for reelection then too. moot point. you guys trying to say "my guy did it out of the goodness of his heart and your guy did it for political reasons" are totally full of shit. they both did it for political photo ops.

There was a national initiative on 9/11/2011 for the ten year anniversary, hack. Obama was taking part in that.

What was Ryan in the soup kitchen for?

DMX7
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Washing clean dishes? lol, this is so stupid it hurts my head.

LnGrrrR
10-18-2012, 08:42 PM
I will say that this part of the article...

Ryan also talked with homeless individuals outside the kitchen, but members of the media were barred from listening in on those discussions.

Gives me a higher opinion of him.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Ryan supporters mad at soup kitchen, pulling funding

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/18/soup-kitchen-paul-ryan-photo-donor_n_1980541.html

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Ryan supporters mad at soup kitchen, pulling funding

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/18/soup-kitchen-paul-ryan-photo-donor_n_1980541.html

When will people learn... Don't piss off donors!

Republicans donate more than democrats I bet. Democrats seem to think charity is to be funded by tax payers. Not private people.