PDA

View Full Version : Coburn's 'Waste Book' details $19 billion in eye-opening government expenses

ducks
10-16-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/coburn-waste-book-details-1-billion-in-eye-opening-government-expenses/?test=latestnews

could have usede that to pay it on princial of debt but lets tax the rich more because they can afford it

RandomGuy
10-16-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/15/coburn-waste-book-details-1-billion-in-eye-opening-government-expenses/?test=latestnews

could have usede that to pay it on princial of debt but lets tax the rich more because they can afford it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png/800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png

19/3598= 0.0052807115063924

1/2 of 1 percent.

Deficit last year was over 1000 billion.

Let's cut out all the fraud in the book.

Then what?

I wish people like you would be concerned with what matters as opposed to the emotional feel good bullshit.

The real problems for us grown ups have to do with a lot more than 0.5% of the budget. Come back when you can give me something that might top 1%.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 02:45 PM
$19B??

F-35 = $1,500,000,000,000 and counting! :lol

ducks brings the hammer down on govt waste and fraud! :lol

George Gervin's Afro
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2b/U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png/800px-U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png

1/2 of 1 percent.

Then what?

I wish people like you would be concerned with what matters as opposed to the emotional feel good bullshit.

The real problems for us grown ups have to do with a lot more than 0.5% of the budget. Come back when you can give me something that might top 1%.

lol

Spurminator
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
:lmao 19 billion. I'm about 100% sure there's not a single weapon or aircraft mentioned in this guy's book.

baseline bum
10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
LOL scrambling for the nickels under the couch when rent is due instead of selling the Mercedes.

coyotes_geek
10-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Sure, it's chump change, but that doesn't make it not worth doing. Cutting $19 billion here is still $19 billion less we're going to end up having to cut out of entitlements.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Sure, it's chump change, but that doesn't make it not worth doing. Cutting $19 billion here is still $19 billion less we're going to end up having to cut out of entitlements.

Suddenly 19 billion is chump change.

rjv
10-16-2012, 03:53 PM
i still think it's amazing no one ever mentions anything about free trade and international capital flow, or funding wars entirely on the international cash flow coming from the trade deficit, or how one of the biggest expenditures in the health care industry is what we pay for administrative costs

coyotes_geek
10-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Suddenly 19 billion is chump change.

Both true and depressing...

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:01 PM
"at a time when "23 million of our fellow Americans do not have good jobs," Coburn notes"

What has Coburn :lol and his Repug accomplices done in the past few years to create jobs?

johnsmith
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
"at a time when "23 million of our fellow Americans do not have good jobs," Coburn notes"

What has Coburn :lol and his Repug accomplices done in the past few years to create jobs?

What have you done?

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
What have you done?

Just as much as you have.

So cannot answer:

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:07 PM

So cannot answer:

Capt. Tautology begs the question. Lol simpleton.

johnsmith
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM

So cannot answer:

Difference is that I don't get on a high horse and pretend I'm somehow smarter than everyone else.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Capt. Tautology begs the question. Lol simpleton.

Th'Pusher
10-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Ya. The jobs angle just doesn't work. I realize it's an emotional hot button, but the reality is, putting an end to that waste will ultimately lead to more job losses.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:10 PM
I've created more jobs in the last 30 years than you will in a lifetime.

Fuck off, simpleton.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Fuck off, simpleton.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:23 PM

I dunno. Ask 'em. Your question. You have no answer, apparently.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Fuck off, simpleton.

You're talking about me, you're talking about you.

I'm talking about Coburn. GFY

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
As I said. Your question. Go ask em, simpleton.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Looks to me like Coburn is spreading the blame across both sides of the aisle. But of course, you ignore that and go straight to your talking points.

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
That would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Looks to me like Coburn is spreading the blame across both sides of the aisle. But of course, you ignore that and go straight to your talking points.

where does Coburn accept responsibility for the Repugs blocking any Dem attempts to stimulate job creation, while proposing NOTHING of the Repugs' own brilliant ideas?

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
where does Coburn accept responsibility for the Repugs blocking any Dem attempts to stimulate job creation, while proposing NOTHING of the Repugs' own brilliant ideas?

Perhaps you need to read the OP again without thinprogress.borg interpreting the words.

It's about Govt. waste.

the context he offers, which you immediately seized upon in your predictable manner, is less than secondary to the points he raises.

boutons_deux
10-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Coburn and his fellow Repugs, dancing to the VRWC/conservative tune, created the deficit he hates so much not by financing robosquirrels and lack of oversifht, but by cutting taxes on the 1% and corporations, and deregulating the financial sector going back 35 years. The Repugs Iraq and Afganistan wars, both botched, added a few more $Ts.

but go after all them deficit-amplifying robosquirrels! :lol

TeyshaBlue
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
lol deflection by conflation. lol simpleton.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM

1/2 of 1 percent.

Then what?

I think it's rather short sighted of people to complain about a cut because it doesn't do the job.

We need every cut we can find. If it takes finding 199 more cuts that size, then that's what it takes.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Sounds better than Culburn's Waste Book, which consists of "5 > 4" and "TOSB" repeated over and over again.....

dbestpro
10-17-2012, 03:15 PM
, but the reality is, putting an end to that waste will ultimately lead to more job losses.

Sounds like a politician. Have you ever thought about running for office?

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I think it's rather short sighted of people to complain about a cut because it doesn't do the job.

We need every cut we can find. If it takes finding 199 more cuts that size, then that's what it takes.

I didn't complain about making cuts, goober.

I said "lets do all the cuts in the book".

What I did complain about, was someone worrying about cuts that don't make that much of difference. If you want to fix things, don't waste effort trying to pick up penny when someone is waving a hundred dollar bill in your face.

Are you trying to say we should waste our time on things that don't make a difference?

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
What I did complain about, was someone worrying about cuts that don't make that much of difference. If you want to fix things, don't waste effort trying to pick up penny when someone is waving a hundred dollar bill in your face.

Are you trying to say we should waste our time on things that don't make a difference?

Every Six Sigma/ISO 9000 program I've ever been a part of starts with low hanging fruit.

Th'Pusher
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a politician. Have you ever thought about running for office?

I was not suggesting that the cuts were not justified. I was simply pointing out the reality that should those cuts be imposed, it would lead to more job losses so Mr Coburn's comments about spending this money when people are out of work is flawed logic. Unless, of course he thinks that the government is crowding out the private sector...we just need to return that cash to the private sector and the people working on these meaningless projects will be swooped up!

DMC
10-18-2012, 11:08 AM

When was Coburn the POTUS?

When you get that information, please let me know.

Boutons type reponses:

The USADA has overwhelming evidence that Lance Armstrong doped.

Boutons: How many races has the USADA :lol won?

Th'Pusher
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM
When was Coburn the POTUS?

When you get that information, please let me know.

Boutons type reponses:

The USADA has overwhelming evidence that Lance Armstrong doped.

Boutons: How many races has the USADA :lol won?

Are you suggesting congress does not propose or approve fiscal policy?

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
DMC thinks the President is a divine right king/dictator. In fact, most Americans seem to think that way, that the Pres can do simply anything by himself, like lower the price of gas, or, or, or whatever Americans don't like. simpleton fucktards

jack sommerset
10-18-2012, 11:33 AM
DMC thinks the President is a divine right king/dictator. In fact, most Americans seem to think that way, that the Pres can do simply anything by himself, like lower the price of gas, or, or, or whatever Americans don't like. simpleton fucktards

Brother, do you have any more links that can back this one up? I would like to read more about this. God bless

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 11:40 AM

lol simpleton.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Brother, do you have any more links that can back this one up? I would like to read more about this. God bless

link? ME! Americans really think these "debate" charades mean anything, get swayed by a Gecko con job riddled with LIES. Americans, like yourself, are fucking simpletons thinking we live in kingdom.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Oh, now we're talking about you?

lol simpleton.

jack sommerset
10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
link? ME! Americans really think these "debate" charades mean anything, get swayed by a Gecko con job riddled with LIES. Americans, like yourself, are fucking simpletons thinking we live in kingdom.

I dont think we are in a kingdom, brother. I was hoping you had some links to back up your theory. Like a survey, a poll, YouTube of a discussion on the topic that the dmc thinks the president is king/dictator that can do whatever he wants. Obama had control of the house/Senate two years and he still couldnt get things done. It's been well documented so I'm wondering if you have any references to support your idea. God bless

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 12:19 PM
" links to back up your theory."

I don't need no stinkin theory.

Even Gecko is trashing Barry on his record, as if Barry, or any President, were SOLELY, PRIMARILY responsible for everything that has happened, AND that the world reset on 20 Jan 2009, so we should forget Jan 2001 to Jan 2009.

And Gecko loves to LIE "When I'm President, I will ...." as he were going to be SOLELY, PRIMARILY responsible as King of America.

jack sommerset
10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
" links to back up your theory."

I don't need no stinkin theory.

Even Gecko is trashing Barry on his record, as if Barry, or any President, were SOLELY, PRIMARILY responsible for everything that has happened, AND that the world reset on 20 Jan 2009, so we should forget Jan 2001 to Jan 2009.

And Gecko loves to LIE "When I'm President, I will ...." as he were going to be SOLELY, PRIMARILY responsible as King of America.

Brother, I hear you. Obama said the same thing when he was running, now he says "as president I will......." I don't take that as statements that they are kings or dictators. That's what they are suppose to say. Then they are suppose to work with others in order to accomplish those promises they make. We know Obama doesn't play well with others thus is why our deficit has doubled instead of being cut in half. You think that Americans think our president is king or dictator is your opinion. God bless

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Every Six Sigma/ISO 9000 program I've ever been a part of starts with low hanging fruit.

Indeed.

A lot of it has already been plucked though. Every president since Clinton has tried to cut out the pork and ear marks.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Why didn't Coburn list oil and gas subsidies and taxbreaks as wasteful and needing to be cut? :lol

Is there any oil and gas in his Oklahoma?

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Indeed.

A lot of it has already been plucked though. Every president since Clinton has tried to cut out the pork and ear marks.

You start at the bottom and work your way up. If you pick the higher hanging fruit first, they complain that their are easier pickings.

baseline bum
10-18-2012, 02:18 PM
The easiest pickings would be our constant field trips into the Middle East, which actually are an enormous part of government waste.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:44 PM
The easiest pickings would be our constant field trips into the Middle East, which actually are an enormous part of government waste.
So ask the Obama administration to stop. Our job should have been over already.

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
So ask the Obama administration to stop. Our job should have been over already.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg/220px-Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg/220px-Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg
LOL...

Relentless.

When you are old and grey, you will still blame ongoing events on Bush. Won't you?

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I accept the reality that multiple past presidencies are affecting the now.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I accept the reality that multiple past presidencies are affecting the now.
In some ways, it happens. Still, why haven't we left the Middle east yet? Wasn't Obama going to put a stop to all this, instead of making things worse? Libya comes to mind and a catastrophic mistake my him.

DMC
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Are you suggesting congress does not propose or approve fiscal policy?
The President is the ultimate responsible party when things happen or don't happen, just as a coach is with a team.

If his attempts get blocked, that's his problem to deal with. That's why I never voted for Ron Paul, he could never get anything done.

So of course congress has to approve budgets, but the President is still liable for the deficit or surplus. Certainly no one here is giving congress credit for the surplus in Clinton's era.

baseline bum
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
LOL...

Relentless.

When you are old and grey, you will still blame ongoing events on Bush. Won't you?

Yes, partly. The state our nation is in wasn't done by any one president, but by nothing but shitty presidents over the past 30 years.

DMC
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
1. Show me where I have stated anything close to that.

2. You have not met most Americans

You're just a chimp sitting in a cage flinging shit and pretending you aren't in the same cage as the other monkeys.

DMC
10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, partly. The state our nation is in wasn't done by any one president, but by nothing but shitty presidents over the past 30 years.

I agree with this with the caveat that we put them there.