PDA

View Full Version : In your honest, non-biased opinion ... who won the debate tonight? (10/16)

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM
try to give an honest vote on what you saw tonight. do not base it on your political views.

baseline bum
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Both sucked donkey dick tbh

O.J. Simpson
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Try not to attack the first post person who says Obama.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Romney lost it so Obama won by default

FYM
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Obama

SA210
10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Goldman Sachs

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Obama slightly....not overwhelmingly but slightly...

BradLohaus
10-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Guess debates are now a total alpha male contest, instead of just partially.

BradLohaus
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
So what's the best way to poll anymore? Internet, phone, in person... they all seem more flawed than not. Strange times.

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Nbadan's vote has been disregarded due to obvious bias.

he has shown his bias by voting Democratic straight ticket in all three of the polls and has consistently been one of the very first people to cast their vote in an attempt to boost the Democratic side score.

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Their only flawed when they go against Democrats...

ElNono
10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
as stated, only watched the last 15 mins... so I'm abstaining on this one

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 10:43 PM

he has shown his bias by voting Democratic straight ticket in all three of the polls and has consistently been one of the very first people to cast their vote in an attempt to boost the Democratic side score.

Common Horton...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUbFa77Ng8

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Juggity's vote has been disregarded due to obvious bias as well. he has also voted straight Democrat.

ElNono
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM

You cancelling TheMachine vote too?

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 10:46 PM
You cancelling TheMachine vote too?

getting there

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 10:46 PM
TheMachine's vote has been disregarded due to obvious bias for voting straight Republican.

Juggity
10-16-2012, 10:49 PM
BRHornet, disenfranchising voters, adding "Draw" options, par/per :lol

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:03 PM
BRHornet, disenfranchising voters, adding "Draw" options, par/per :lol

your bias was completely obvious and you were shut down. the funny thing about people like you is that if there wasn't a "D" and a "R" next to the candidates names in the voting booths then you wouldn't know who to vote for.

............. well nevermind. I'm sure Jay-Z would tell you.

AussieFanKurt
10-16-2012, 11:04 PM
son you're unbelievably biased to republican so shouldn't your opinion be discounted too

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
son you're unbelievably biased to republican so shouldn't your opinion be discounted too

son I am the creator of these polls and my vote is automatically disregarded .... hence why I haven't voted in them.

I can give my opinion though and I think the Republicans have won 2, the Democrats have won 1. Also I am not biased to the Republicans, I am biased to those who will benefit me personally.

AussieFanKurt
10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
son I am the creator of these polls and my vote is automatically disregarded .... hence why I haven't voted in them.

I can give my opinion though and I think the Republicans have won 2, the Democrats have won 1. Also I am not biased to the Republicans, I am biased to those who will benefit me personally.

fair enough son, good call. do you vote every election?

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
BRHornet... the "BR" stands for Butthurt Republican....

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:16 PM
BRHornet... the "BR" stands for Butthurt Republican....

and "Clipper Nation" stands for ignorant bigot

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 11:16 PM
and "Clipper Nation" stands for ignorant bigot

:lmao

Please explain how I'm an ignorant bigot, tbh...

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
:lmao

Please explain how I'm an ignorant bigot, tbh...

you made an ignorant assumption referring to me as a "butthurt Republican". that is ignorant and offensive.

lakerhaterade
10-16-2012, 11:19 PM
BR is fuming tonight sons

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 11:22 PM
you made an ignorant assumption referring to me as a "butthurt Republican". that is ignorant and offensive.

You're a deeply partisan Republican, and you're throwing out people's votes (CLEARLY butthurt)... you're behaving like your boy Willard at the RNC, tbh....

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:22 PM
BR is fuming tonight sons

son how so?

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:24 PM
You're a deeply partisan Republican, and you're throwing out people's votes (CLEARLY butthurt)... you're behaving like your boy Willard at the RNC, tbh....

son again with an extremely ignorant assumption. so the fact that I have preached out against Obama means that I am a "partisan Republican"? son I have also disregarded votes for those who have been voting Republican straight ticket. you know not what you speak of.

FromWayDowntown
Binders full of women, FTW TBH

da_suns_fan
Both candidates acted like macho douche-bags.

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Both candidates acted like macho douche-bags.

this. pretty shitty debate overall TBH

lakerhaterade
10-16-2012, 11:25 PM
son how so?
You're disenfranchising other votes based on YOUR bias.

Who do think won son? And why? Let's see if we can get a "biased" answer out of you.

Clipper Nation
10-16-2012, 11:26 PM
son again with an extremely ignorant assumption. so the fact that I have preached out against Obama means that I am a "partisan Republican"? son I have also disregarded votes for those who have been voting Republican straight ticket. you know not what you speak of.
Son, you disregarded one vote for a straight-ticket Repug and that was only after someone called you on it, tbh....

:lol Butthurt Republican
:lol Bounty-Cheats Ref-Whiner

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:29 PM
You're disenfranchising other votes based on YOUR bias.

Who do think won son? And why? Let's see if we can get a "biased" answer out of you.

son I removed both Democrat and Republican straight ticket votes. get your facts straight before spewing ignorance.

who do you think won? or should I even bother to ask considering your bias? personally I feel this debate could have gone either way. I don't think that it was Obama's "best debate of his presidency" as one fool on MSNBC mentioned an hour ago. I think they both came across pretty shitty and both of them dodged several questions. this one was a draw for me.

CitizenDwayne
10-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Kinda hard to pick one here...learned nothing new, each candidate kept saying the same old shit (which was to be expected).

Can't imagine undecideds have been swayed by this debate much.

Although I believe Romney (like Biden in his "victory" over Ryan) came off like a major dick at some points.

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Son, you disregarded one vote for a straight-ticket Repug and that was only after someone called you on it, tbh....

son again you know not what you speak. oh and LOL at you going to the coward way excuse of "well someone else called you out" ... when? where? and about what? you mean maybe someone who votes straight Democratic called me out? what the hell are you talking about?

TheProfessor
10-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I think Obama won on several fronts. He looked more comfortable without the podium and settled into the town-hall style well, whereas Romney seemed ill at ease toward the beginning. Obama brought some substance on policy achievements and then swung to attack Romney more effectively, like the math on Romney's tax plan. And Romney had a a couple of superficial gaffes that will get replayed over and over ("binders full of women," "acts of terror"). I don't think Obama came near to undoing the progress Mitt made on the first debate, so it will still be close.

lakerhaterade
10-16-2012, 11:43 PM
son I removed both Democrat and Republican straight ticket votes. get your facts straight before spewing ignorance.

who do you think won? or should I even bother to ask considering your bias? personally I feel this debate could have gone either way. I don't think that it was Obama's "best debate of his presidency" as one fool on MSNBC mentioned an hour ago. I think they both came across pretty shitty and both of them dodged several questions. this one was a draw for me.
son your republican bias is obvious by default of your posting on this site. you're the one being ignorant. Why do you lie to yourself son?

now for who won, it's a matter of perspective. I think Obama won by default of Romney fucking up. That's just me though.

So far, the won-loss ratio for Dems is 2-1 (w/l) and vice versa for the Republican party.

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:46 PM
son your republican bias is obvious by default of your posting on this site. you're the one being ignorant. Why do you lie to yourself son?

so hating on Obama means Republican bias? son are you truly that ignorant and close minded?

son if that is truly how you feel then you're a perfect example of what is wrong with the mindsets of people voting. if there wasn't a "D" and a "R" next to the candidates names then you wouldn't have a clue who to vote for.

lakerhaterade
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
so hating on Obama means Republican bias? son are you truly that ignorant and close minded?

son if that is truly how you feel then you're a perfect example of what is wrong with the mindsets of people voting. if there wasn't a "D" and a "R" next to the candidates names then you wouldn't have a clue who to vote for.

:lol I'm voting third party this time around son, but clever attempt on the failure to paint me as an ignorant voter.

BRHornet45
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
:lol I'm voting third party this time around son, but clever attempt on the failure to paint me as an ignorant voter.

lol sure you are son. nice try though

kamikazi_player
10-17-2012, 01:15 AM

:lol

Jacob1983
10-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Tie. They pretty much tried to sell the same amount of bullshit. And I want a dollar for every time that Romney and Obama say the word "folks". Obama says it a lot more.

And for the record, Obama did not end the war in Iraq. Iraq ended the war in Iraq because they got tired of America and would no longer offer immunity to U.S. Armed Forces so America got the fuck out of Iraq.

scott
10-17-2012, 09:03 AM
What a stupid fucking post from a stupid fucking poster.

Who let all this garbage in? Isn't there a sneaker trading forum these guys can hang out in somewhere?

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Binders full of women, FTW TBH

Here is what the huffpost said about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leah-anthony-libresco/binders-full-of-women_b_1972404.html

Mitt Romney's comment about "binders full of women" comment by Mitt Romney that got a lot of snark during the debate last night (and instantly spawned a contemptuous tumblr, Twitter and Facebook page). Here's exactly what he said in reply to a question about the pay gap for women:
ROMNEY: Thank you. And important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.
And I -- and I went to my staff, and I said, "How come all the people for these jobs are -- are all men." They said, "Well, these are the people that have the qualifications." And I said, "Well, gosh, can't we -- can't we find some -- some women that are also qualified?"

ROMNEY: And -- and so we -- we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women's groups and said, "Can you help us find folks," and they brought us whole binders full of women.

I was proud of the fact that after I staffed my Cabinet and my senior staff, that the University of New York in Albany did a survey of all 50 states, and concluded that mine had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America.

There are a lot of things about Romney I don't like, but what he did to address sexism was excellent, and I'm frustrated it's being treated as a laugh line by other liberals. What he did was (sadly) pretty remarkable:
Romney noticed they weren't thinking of hiring women
He assumed this indicated a problem with his team's process instead of evidence that no qualified women existed
He realized he and his team didn't know how to find well-qualified women
So he turned to womens' groups for guidance
And then he hired women!
Most organizations don't make it very far past step one. They assume the dearth of qualified women is a fact about the world, not evidence of their own bias or problems in the pipeline. Even though, just this month, another study came out showing that men and women rate a sample resume as less qualified if there's a woman's name at the top of the page.

But even the good groups can derail at Step 4. Where Romney turned to women for data (in binders), plenty of HR people just throw up their hands and decide, since they don't know how to solve the problem, it must not be their responsibility.

I would be thrilled if more individuals showed the kind of initiative and leadership on gender issues that Romney did when he was staffing his cabinet in Massachusetts. But it's because a lot of people fall short of his example that I support Barack Obama and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

If companies are being systematically sexist (whether though negligence or deliberately), they're hurting women and they're hurting themselves. But market incentives aren't strong enough to make people work through the problem the way that Romney did. Government action can help put the pressure on solve the pay gap and hiring gap problems.

It's great that Romney did such a good job reaching out to women, and he deserves praise, not snark for his efforts. But if he wants to win the votes of women and other feminists, he needs to show that he's willing to lead by more than example.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
except, allegedly, that's not really the way it went down

What actually happened was that in 2002 — prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration — a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.

They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/41055_Romneys_Binders_Full_of_Women_Yet_Another_Li e

dbestpro
10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Obama won be default because he looked so poorly in the first debate. Romney was the same so he did not get a bounce this time because it was expected. In the end its not about winnig the debate, but rather did they move the needle on undecided voters. For example one could say Obama won the debate, but Romney scored big on the economy. If an undecided voter felt the economy was the key issue then the might vote for Romney.

When a debate is close like this in politics it is important to remember what key issues are supported by the undecided voters and who did best on that issue. If this were chess Obama may have taken Romney's pawns and knights, but Romney took Obama's queen and a bishop. Obama is ahead on pieces taken, but is he really ahead?

BRHornet45
10-17-2012, 03:31 PM
lol sure you are son. nice try though

So son did you even catch on to what I did right there? ...

I immediately fired back accusing you of voting for Obama right after you accused me of voting Republican (or having a bias for hating on Obama). You throw a stone I throw one back. You're one of the biggest Obama fan boys on this board. I am surprised to hear you're voting against your boy and for a third party candidate. If true then props

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
"Romney was the same"

no, Gecko got slapped around and stepped all over himself. Like true highschool bully cutting off a gay guy's hair, Gecko folds when he gets push back.

Latarian Milton
10-17-2012, 04:23 PM
you vote never counts no matter if you vote for democrat or a 3rd party. you know the win will go to either the democrats or republicans

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Since there was no initial premise, there was no debate. I thought Obama spoke more freely while Mitt just quilted together worn out stump phrases. When Mitt tried to go it on his own he failed miserably and didn't have the wherewithal to recover.

Premise: Obama should be the next President

Mitt: I should be the next President instead.

Can two people have premises in a debate? Doesn't one person make a premise and the other person argues against it?

This wasn't a debate at all. This was rhetoric which is a technique of persuasion or so I've heard.

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I was waiting for Romney to give an altar call at one point, when he got all quiet speaking and lovey dovey and damn near passed around an offering plate and started singing "Lamb of God".

TheMACHINE
10-17-2012, 06:41 PM
"Obama did better than his last debate. He didn't look down or fall asleep. Therefore he won the debate" -Democrat

TheMACHINE
10-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Romeny: "Hi, my name is Mitt Romey"
Obama: "You lie!"
Candy: "Obama is correct, lets just say your name isnt Mitt Romney"

ploto
10-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Reuters poll of registered voters

Obama 48%
Romney 33%

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 09:18 PM
TAGG ROMNEY: Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him. But you know you can’t do that because… Well, first there is a lot of Secret Service between you and him but also because this is the nature of the process.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/10/17/1038161/tagg-romney-says-he-wants-to-take-a-swing-at-obama/

SA210
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
TAGG ROMNEY: Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him. But you know you can’t do that because… Well, first there is a lot of Secret Service between you and him but also because this is the nature of the process.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/10/17/1038161/tagg-romney-says-he-wants-to-take-a-swing-at-obama/

I take more offense to Obama bombing innocent women and children.

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
In my honest, non-biased opinion I will have to put my anti Obama aside for a bit. Romney was the clear victor. God bless

SA210
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Ben Swann always able to see past the bs lol

Reality Check: Did President Obama Call Benghazi Attack "An Act Of Terror" The Day After?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSlud3DLZtA

TheMACHINE
10-18-2012, 02:43 AM
it was an act of terror caused by a spontaneous riot due to a viral video.

howbouthemspurs
10-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Obama wasnt asleep this time so he won the debate.. ..He finally called out Romney on all his lies. Romney said the exact same things he did in the last debate... Had nothing to add but more lies. Obama is going to win this election. Obama has most the blacks, mexicans and women on his side. Romney just has a bunch of self entitled white conservative men on his.... I think Obama has the majority.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 06:13 AM
it was an act of terror caused by a spontaneous riot due to a viral video.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jmSzcq3DCJQ/ToipAekAVkI/AAAAAAAAAvY/TLQF3oVLzjU/s1600/WhatDoYouLiveUnderARock.png

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Jon Stewart reviewed Tuesday's debate last night on The Daily Show, and with Libya attack, the one spot Mitt Romney could've had "an ace in the hole," Romney flubbed and ended up looking like Wile E. the Coyote the Coyote to Barack Obama's roadrunner.

Romney asked why the U.S. didn't know it was a terrorist attack. Obama responded by saying he told the American people the day after the attack that it was an act of terrorism, which was good and forceful "but still does not fully explain the colossal confusion-fueled f**k-ups that were Benghazi." Romney still had a chance...that is, "as long as Romney doesn't inexplicably walk into some weird, nitpicky semantic trap that hadn't even really been set."

Romney seemed to doubt that Obama said it was an act of terror at all. Obama's response? Please proceed, Governor. "There's your first clue," Stewart said. "When you're feel you're about to spring what you, Governor Romney, think is the checkmate moment of the debate, and your debate opponent says to you, 'Please, proceed,' 'Hold on, are you trying to open that door? Let me open it wider. The door you appear to want to walk through.

"You might want wonder if, a la Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner, that door your opponent your door is pointing to is merely paint on a rock." And indeed, Romney got fact-checked: Moderator Candy Crowley confirmed that Obama said it was an act of terror.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wile E. Romney... sooper genyus.

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
ROFL... "The Second Debate, now including the president" graphic... ala "new and improved"

http://news.yahoo.com/jon-stewart-obama-allowed-romney-proceed-wall-132427421.html

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wile E. Romney... sooper genyus.

Did John Stewart miss the part where Candy Crowley admitted the next day she was wrong?

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 01:39 PM
That's why he does the "news" on the comedy channel.