PDA

View Full Version : Binders full of Women trending

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5YT3zXCIAEIeJi.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0ntkc5B01rj8amio1_500.gif

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:36 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/47418_10151111360263920_1909810495_n.jpg

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:40 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0mneiRPv1rj8amio1_400.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbp6wpnVAy1rbqocfo2_400.jpg

Spurminator
10-16-2012, 11:41 PM
This is a pretty desperate meme. If this is the worst thing Romney said in the debate I imagine it can't have gone too poorly for him.

Trainwreck2100
10-16-2012, 11:43 PM
it wasn't the worst it was just hilarious

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:46 PM
You over-estimate low-info independents

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0m0qMFyN1rj8amio1_500.gif

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Meanwhile..

http://i50.tinypic.com/25031v7.jpg

Nbadan
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
ROWLEY: Governor Romney, pay equity for women?

ROMNEY: Thank you. An important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.

And I — and I went to my staff, and I said, “How come all the people for these jobs are — are all men.” They said, “Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.” And I said, “Well, gosh, can’t we — can’t we find some — some women that are also qualified?”

And — and so we — we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women’s groups and said, “Can you help us find folks,” and they brought us whole binders full of women.

I was proud of the fact that after I staffed my Cabinet and my senior staff, that the University of New York in Albany did a survey of all 50 states, and concluded that mine had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America.
Now one of the reasons I was able to get so many good women to be part of that team was because of our recruiting effort.

Not a true story.

What actually happened was that in 2002 — prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration — a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.

They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/33756576903/mirror-of-mind-the-binder

Juggity
10-17-2012, 12:51 AM
This is a pretty desperate meme. If this is the worst thing Romney said in the debate I imagine it can't have gone too poorly for him.

It's trending because it's funny, not because it's the worst thing Romney said in the debate. It's an indication of how weird and out of touch he is. Just a completely bizarre phrase that only could have come from the mouth of Mitt Romney.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 01:48 AM
I find it ironic given all of the play Fox News gave last week to the idea that Biden's rudeness turned off female voters.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 04:40 AM
"Just a completely bizarre phrase"

The trees are just the right height

I like to fire people

Corporations are people, my (stupid, little) friend.

ploto
10-17-2012, 07:32 AM
The offensive part is his saying he needed someone to give him binders full of women in order to find women qualified to be in his cabinet, as if he nor anyone in his administration knew any qualified women themselves.

Capt Bringdown
10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0s6i9wez1rj8amio1_1280.jpg

http://bindersfullofwomen.tumblr.com/

Capt Bringdown
10-17-2012, 08:32 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0ovbfBOd1rj8amio1_1280.jpg

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
The offensive part is his saying he needed someone to give him binders full of women in order to find women qualified to be in his cabinet, as if he nor anyone in his administration knew any qualified women themselves.affirmative action for underqualified women, sounded like. seemed patronizing reading from the transcript, but I didn't watch the debate.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 08:40 AM
"affirmative action for underqualified women, sounded like"

more like, negatory inaction against qualified women he can't see because he and the right-wing are blinded by their shriveled-dick misogyny.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
or perhaps, misremembered:

What actually happened was that in 2002 -- prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration -- a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor. They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/the-binder-story-was-another-lie.html

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 08:52 AM
The offensive part is his saying he needed someone to give him binders full of women in order to find women qualified to be in his cabinet, as if he nor anyone in his administration knew any qualified women themselves.

Going out of your way to fill your openings with an underrepresented minority sure sounds like affirmative action to me.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 09:11 AM
"underrepresented minority"

... sounds like discrimination to me.

I do admit that dubya affirmative-actioning underqualified/incompetent/embarassing Alberto Gonzalez may be why Repugs hate affirmative action so much. :lol

But Gonzo WAS a man, so what could go wrong? :lol

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
What a stupid thing to criticize him for. Here is what the huffpost (not exactly a bastion of republicans) had to say about it...

Mitt Romney's comment about "binders full of women" comment by Mitt Romney that got a lot of snark during the debate last night (and instantly spawned a contemptuous tumblr, Twitter and Facebook page). Here's exactly what he said in reply to a question about the pay gap for women:

ROMNEY: Thank you. And important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.
And I -- and I went to my staff, and I said, "How come all the people for these jobs are -- are all men." They said, "Well, these are the people that have the qualifications." And I said, "Well, gosh, can't we -- can't we find some -- some women that are also qualified?"

ROMNEY: And -- and so we -- we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women's groups and said, "Can you help us find folks," and they brought us whole binders full of women.

I was proud of the fact that after I staffed my Cabinet and my senior staff, that the University of New York in Albany did a survey of all 50 states, and concluded that mine had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America.

There are a lot of things about Romney I don't like, but what he did to address sexism was excellent, and I'm frustrated it's being treated as a laugh line by other liberals. What he did was (sadly) pretty remarkable:
Romney noticed they weren't thinking of hiring women
He assumed this indicated a problem with his team's process instead of evidence that no qualified women existed
He realized he and his team didn't know how to find well-qualified women
So he turned to womens' groups for guidance
And then he hired women!
Most organizations don't make it very far past step one. They assume the dearth of qualified women is a fact about the world, not evidence of their own bias or problems in the pipeline. Even though, just this month, another study came out showing that men and women rate a sample resume as less qualified if there's a woman's name at the top of the page.

But even the good groups can derail at Step 4. Where Romney turned to women for data (in binders), plenty of HR people just throw up their hands and decide, since they don't know how to solve the problem, it must not be their responsibility.

I would be thrilled if more individuals showed the kind of initiative and leadership on gender issues that Romney did when he was staffing his cabinet in Massachusetts. But it's because a lot of people fall short of his example that I support Barack Obama and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.

If companies are being systematically sexist (whether though negligence or deliberately), they're hurting women and they're hurting themselves. But market incentives aren't strong enough to make people work through the problem the way that Romney did. Government action can help put the pressure on solve the pay gap and hiring gap problems.

It's great that Romney did such a good job reaching out to women, and he deserves praise, not snark for his efforts. But if he wants to win the votes of women and other feminists, he needs to show that he's willing to lead by more than example.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 09:29 AM
except, that's not what happened. MassGAP put the binders together pre-election, then gave them to Romney upon his election. The governor's memory seems to be faulty here.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
except, that's not what happened. MassGAP put the binders together pre-election, then gave them to Romney upon his election. The governor's memory seems to be faulty here.

Oh my..they kicked his door in and tied him up and made him read them? Then they made him appoint all those women? Damn. Surprised we didn't hear about it then.

Spurminator
10-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah maybe this is me being out of touch but I don't really see what's especially funny or offensive about any of this. Just strikes me as a coordinated effort to create a funny catch-phrase to easily sway opinion of the debate.

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 09:36 AM
There's also the irony of a Mormon talking about having binders full of women. I don't think many people got that but its there also. I don't think its a huge gaffe but its definitely the type of thing that will become a meme. I don't believe it hurts him.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah maybe this is me being out of touch but I don't really see what's especially funny or offensive about any of this. Just strikes me as a coordinated effort to create a funny catch-phrase to easily sway opinion of the debate.

Agreed

I also think it's stupid for the Republicans to be laughing about Obama saying "yours is bigger than mine..."

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh my..they kicked his door in and tied him up and made him read them? Then they made him appoint all those women? Damn. Surprised we didn't hear about it then.MassGAP is a bipartisan group. Mitt probably let them in.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Romney Adviser: Romney Would Have Opposed Lilly Ledbetter In 2009 (http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/17/1032001/romney-adviser-romney-would-have-opposed-lilly-ledbetter-in-2009/)

Romney avoided the question, instead choosing to talk about how he made an effort to hire women during his governorship (a claim later contested (http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/talkingpolitics/archive/2012/10/16/mind-the-binder.aspx) by Massachusetts women’s advocacy groups). Soon after the debate, however, senior Romney adviser Ed Gillespie told the Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-lilly-ledbetter_n_1973446.html) that, while Romney would not repeal the Lilly Ledbetter Act, he “was opposed to it at the time” and would not have signed it.

This admission was the most definitive position on pay equity the campaign has released. Romney has long refused to disclose (http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/05/30/492009/romney-refuses-to-say-if-he-supports-paycheck-fairness/) his stance on equal pay initiatives like the Lilly Ledbetter Act or the failed Paycheck Fairness Act, which sought to protect employees from wage discrimination based on gender or ethnicity.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/10/17/1032001/romney-adviser-romney-would-have-opposed-lilly-ledbetter-in-2009/

LnGrrrR
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I just think its funny that Romney supports affirmative action.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
I just think its funny that Romney supports affirmative action.

I think Romney as President would be much more moderate and will try to find compromises with Democrats. The Romney he had to project in the primaries against that clown car full of other challengers was probably an aberration IMHO.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM
"will try to find compromises with Democrats"

The primary problem is not Pres Gecko, but House and Senate Repugs taking extreme positions that they will not compromise.

The Pres is not in that loop, the Repug Congress will continue its march towards extremism. Gecko wouldn't get bills to sign or veto (he vetoed 700+ in MA as gov) due to the corruption and paralysis of Congress.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Pure speculation, CC. it's just as plausible that he'll have to continue catering to the clown car known as the US House of Representatives

clambake
10-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I think Romney as President would be much more moderate and will try to find compromises with Democrats. The Romney he had to project in the primaries against that clown car full of other challengers was probably an aberration IMHO.

what does that have to do with his affirmative action while he was gov.?

Trill Clinton
10-17-2012, 11:07 AM

yea i found that very disrespectful towards women. i don't see how any woman can vote for this clown.

wait yea i do....

lebomb
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Im waiting for Mitt to clearly state he sat next to a couple of Niggras in elementary school, therefore he supports affirmative action 47% of the time.

dbestpro
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Not a true story.

What actually happened was that in 2002 — prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration — a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.

They did the research and put together the binder full of women qualified for all the different cabinet positions, agency heads, and authorities and commissions. They presented this binder to Governor Romney when he was elected.

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/33756576903/mirror-of-mind-the-binder

.....and Gov. Romney threw in the trash and didn't hire a single female. Not. The fact is he did hire from the list to a point where he had more female hires in admin positions that any other state, and that is what is key.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Romney suggested he was responsible for the binders being compiled. That was misleading at a minimum.

dbestpro
10-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Romney suggested he was responsible for the binders being compiled. That was slightly misleading, but is a minimum point.

fixed.

Winehole23
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Romney being a reflexive liar certainly isn't a minimum point. Might even be a qualification.

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 11:51 AM
.....and Gov. Romney threw in the trash and didn't hire a single female. Not. The fact is he did hire from the list to a point where he had more female hires in admin positions that any other state, and that is what is key.

As David S. Bernstein explains (http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/talkingpolitics/archive/2012/10/16/mind-the-binder.aspx), it's bullshit:

What actually happened was that in 2002 -- prior to the election, not even knowing yet whether it would be a Republican or Democratic administration -- a bipartisan group of women in Massachusetts formed MassGAP to address the problem of few women in senior leadership positions in state government. There were more than 40 organizations involved with the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus (also bipartisan) as the lead sponsor.

I have written about this before, in various contexts; tonight I've checked with several people directly involved in the MassGAP effort who confirm that this history as I've just presented it is correct -- and that

Romney's claim tonight, that he asked for such a study, is false.

Got that? Mitt Romney didn't go out of his way to look for women. He didn't ask for anyone's help. He didn't say, "My goodness, where are the women?"

The women came to him. They told him he needed to hire more women. And you know what he did, right?

Secondly, a UMass-Boston study found that the percentage of senior-level appointed positions held by women actually declined throughout the Romney administration[.]

Mitt Romney doesn't love women. He didn't go out of his way to hire them. He didn't give a good goddamn about filling his cabinet with women. And he still hasn't told us whether he supports equal pay for equal work.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/17/1145627/-About-Mitt-Romney-s-binders-full-of-women-Guess-what-It-s-BS?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos %29&utm_content=Google+Reader

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 01:42 PM

Etch-a-sketch time.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Etch-a-sketch time.

LOL etch-a-sketch Obama's promises vs. his actions...:lol

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Maybe Mitt carries his etch-a-sketch in a binder.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Only stupid people didn't know what he was talking about. Every executive in the world that has taken applications/resumes/interviews keeps a binder or file folder on the applicants.

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Only stupid people didn't know what he was talking about. Every executive in the world that has taken applications/resumes/interviews keeps a binder or file folder on the applicants.

I have a feeling there are binders of women under the mattresses of many around the world.

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I thought romneys answer on women was better than obamas. Romney has a proven record. As gov he had more women that any other state in the union. God bless

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Tbh, Willard's probably hiding his 2000-2009 tax returns in one of them woman binders, between Newt's fifth wife and twelfth mistress....

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Tbh, Willard's probably hiding his 2000-2009 tax returns in one of them woman binders, between Newt's fifth wife and twelfth mistress....

I'm guessing they are locked away with Obama's birth certificate. God bless

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 03:18 PM
The birth certificate has been online for years now, B... Satan damn...

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
The birth certificate has been online for years now, B... Satan damn...

The original? God bless

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Might as well raise the white flag when you go birther.

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Might as well raise the white flag when you go birther.

I'm not a birther nor do I care about seeing Romneys tax return. God bless

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm not a birther nor do I care about seeing Romneys tax return. God bless

that rings pretty hollow just like your feigned piety when you make a response about Romney not releasing his return with a birther comment.

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:00 PM
The trendy thing with phrases is fucking stupid. No one remembers the issues, just the one liners and memes. Fat ass stupid Americans.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
The trendy thing with phrases is fucking stupid. No one remembers the issues, just the one liners and memes. Fat ass stupid Americans.

they hardly discuss the issues. Nietzsche was right in that regard.

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Im waiting for Mitt to clearly state he sat next to a couple of Niggras in elementary school, therefore he supports affirmative action 47% of the time.

lebads

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Mr. Romney's Version of Equal Rights

It has dawned on Mitt Romney that he has a problem with female voters. He just has no idea what to do about it, since it is the result of his positions on abortion, contraception, health services and many other issues. On Tuesday night, he bumbled his way through a cringe-inducing attempt to graft what he thinks should be 2012 talking points onto his 1952 sensibility.

In the midst of their rancorous encounter at Hofstra University, President Obama attacked Mr. Romney for vowing he would end federal support of Planned Parenthood and for criticizing the provision in the health care law that requires employers - except churches and religiously affiliated institutions - to provide insurance coverage for contraceptives.

Clearly agitated, Mr. Romney said in response, "I'd just note that I don't believe that bureaucrats in Washington should tell someone whether they can use contraceptives or not, and I don't believe employers should tell someone whether they could have contraceptive care or not. Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives."

Perhaps his notes were scrambled and Mr. Romney was merely trying to say that the issue is who pays for contraceptives, not whether women can use them. But his remarks underscore how hard it must be to remember where he stands at any given moment, since his positions change so frequently.

In any case, you cannot untangle questions of funding from questions of access. Mr. Romney's stated zeal to "defund" Planned Parenthood is either a rote ideological posture, or a belief that it is right to end the federal support that makes it possible for many poor women to get access to mammograms, cervical cancer screening, family planning and other services. As Mr. Obama said: "That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country. And it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work."

Having fumbled that one, Mr. Romney made things worse when he tried to talk about equal opportunity for women, which was made much harder by his opposition to the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. He told a strange tale of his early days as governor of Massachusetts when he "had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men." He said he went to his staff about it and was told that "these are the people that have the qualifications."

So far, not so terribly bad.

But then he started a slow, painful slide into one of the most bizarre comments on this issue we've ever heard, which became an instant Internet sensation. "We took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet," Mr. Romney said, sounding as if that were a herculean task. An appeal to women's groups, he said, "brought us whole binders full of women."

This was important, he said, because "I recognized that if you're going to have women in the work force that sometimes you need to be more flexible. My chief of staff, for instance, had two kids that were still in school."

At this point we could practically hear his political consultants yelling "Stop!" :lol

But Mr. Romney did not. "She said, I can't be here until 7 or 8 o'clock at night. I need to be able to get home at 5 o'clock so I can be there making dinner for my kids and being with them when they get home from school."
Flexibility is a good policy. But what if a woman had wanted to go home early to study Spanish? Or rebuild an old car? Or spend time with her lesbian partner? Would Mr. Romney have been flexible about that? Or if a man wanted similar treatment? True equality is not satisfied by allowing the little lady to go home early and tend to her children.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=985329&f=28&sub=Editorial

Gecko's best hope is that Americans' famous amnesia stays active through 6 November. :lol

LnGrrrR
10-17-2012, 04:57 PM

I'd like to think that, but I haven't seen him up stand up to any of the extremer members of his party, and I just don't think he would in office either.

DMC
10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Mr. Romney's Version of Equal Rights

It has dawned on Mitt Romney that he has a problem with female voters. He just has no idea what to do about it, since it is the result of his positions on abortion, contraception, health services and many other issues. On Tuesday night, he bumbled his way through a cringe-inducing attempt to graft what he thinks should be 2012 talking points onto his 1952 sensibility.

In the midst of their rancorous encounter at Hofstra University, President Obama attacked Mr. Romney for vowing he would end federal support of Planned Parenthood and for criticizing the provision in the health care law that requires employers - except churches and religiously affiliated institutions - to provide insurance coverage for contraceptives.

Clearly agitated, Mr. Romney said in response, "I'd just note that I don't believe that bureaucrats in Washington should tell someone whether they can use contraceptives or not, and I don't believe employers should tell someone whether they could have contraceptive care or not. Every woman in America should have access to contraceptives."

Perhaps his notes were scrambled and Mr. Romney was merely trying to say that the issue is who pays for contraceptives, not whether women can use them. But his remarks underscore how hard it must be to remember where he stands at any given moment, since his positions change so frequently.

In any case, you cannot untangle questions of funding from questions of access. Mr. Romney's stated zeal to "defund" Planned Parenthood is either a rote ideological posture, or a belief that it is right to end the federal support that makes it possible for many poor women to get access to mammograms, cervical cancer screening, family planning and other services. As Mr. Obama said: "That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country. And it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work."

Having fumbled that one, Mr. Romney made things worse when he tried to talk about equal opportunity for women, which was made much harder by his opposition to the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. He told a strange tale of his early days as governor of Massachusetts when he "had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men." He said he went to his staff about it and was told that "these are the people that have the qualifications."

So far, not so terribly bad.

But then he started a slow, painful slide into one of the most bizarre comments on this issue we've ever heard, which became an instant Internet sensation. "We took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet," Mr. Romney said, sounding as if that were a herculean task. An appeal to women's groups, he said, "brought us whole binders full of women."

This was important, he said, because "I recognized that if you're going to have women in the work force that sometimes you need to be more flexible. My chief of staff, for instance, had two kids that were still in school."

At this point we could practically hear his political consultants yelling "Stop!" :lol

But Mr. Romney did not. "She said, I can't be here until 7 or 8 o'clock at night. I need to be able to get home at 5 o'clock so I can be there making dinner for my kids and being with them when they get home from school."
Flexibility is a good policy. But what if a woman had wanted to go home early to study Spanish? Or rebuild an old car? Or spend time with her lesbian partner? Would Mr. Romney have been flexible about that? Or if a man wanted similar treatment? True equality is not satisfied by allowing the little lady to go home early and tend to her children.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=985329&f=28&sub=Editorial

Gecko's best hope is that Americans' famous amnesia stays active through 6 November. :lol

Do you have the ability to put together a paragraph or do you just regurgitate other sources? Can't you just make a low level program that does that automatically so we don't have to see your user name?

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
The original? God bless

Do you have your original birth certificate? And I mean the original one and not a forged one damnit.

djohn2oo8
10-17-2012, 05:06 PM
LOL etch-a-sketch Obama's promises vs. his actions...:lol

Lol Romney the King of flip flops. Drink that red koolaid

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 05:11 PM

That can be said of many things....TV shows, movies, books, etc. If you don't remember the issues you are not paying attention.

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM

I was thinking the Obama dog-grilling meme had legs. It didn't.

There's a joke in there somewhere fighting to get out.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 05:18 PM
I was thinking the Obama dog-grilling meme had legs. It didn't.

There's a joke in there somewhere fighting to get out.

:lol

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Romney tying his dog to the roof on a long road trip was funnier and trendier...

http://stdoa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Romney_dog_car32.jpg
http://stdoa.ca/will-crategate-derail-romneys-presidential-bid/

Seamus rode in a carrier on the roof of the family's Chevrolet Caprice station wagon for the 12 hour trip

A Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey found that 74% of Democrats, 66% of Independents, and 63% of Republicans consider it inhumane to put a family dog in a kennel on the roof of a car. The poll did not mention the windshield. The poll also found that 35% of voters would be less likely to vote for Romney because of the Seamus incident, whereas 55% of voters said that it would not affect how they vote.[23] As of September 2012, New York Times columnist Gail Collins had mentioned the Romneys' car trip more than 70 times.[24][25] [26]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

Latarian Milton
10-17-2012, 05:37 PM
its a social regression to give women even more rights than what they already have. bitches already have roughly the same rights as men in the society, the rights to vote, to work, to drink alcohol and to seek random sex outside of marriage etc... but they still want more. their greed will keep driving them towards the feminist end and eventually they'll reach a stage where they will rule the world in a matriarchal society, the complete upside down version of what it should be. they want to overthrow the men-dominated society and makes us all their slaves tbh.

it's a dick and a brain that makes a man different than a woman IMHO

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 05:38 PM
My dog is jealous. Crazy bitch rides in the front but hangs her head outside the window.

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Do you have your original birth certificate? And I mean the original one and not a forged one damnit.

Yes sir. God bless

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 05:50 PM
that rings pretty hollow just like your feigned piety when you make a response about Romney not releasing his return with a birther comment.

It shouldn't. God bless

DMC
10-17-2012, 06:25 PM
That can be said of many things....TV shows, movies, books, etc. If you don't remember the issues you are not paying attention.

No, mainstream doesn't want anyone to think about the issues. They want them to think of cool phrases to put on T-shirts.

Capt Bringdown
10-18-2012, 02:04 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1qn5pe021rj8amio1_400.jpg

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Binders and Big Bird. Welcome to Idiocracy.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Romney tying his dog to the roof on a long road trip was funnier and trendier...

http://stdoa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Romney_dog_car32.jpg
http://stdoa.ca/will-crategate-derail-romneys-presidential-bid/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney_dog_incident

" The poll did not mention the windshield." lol

DarrinS
10-18-2012, 09:32 AM

this

DarrinS
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree with Mark Halperin

GgIaw0MeLJc

khwwR3d-7uQ

ploto
10-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Maybe in and of itself - but in the larger context, they both are representative of and consistent with his views on women and the poor.

ploto
10-18-2012, 09:41 AM
khwwR3d-7uQ

How dare they take what Romney said and claim it is what he meant!

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Maybe in and of itself - but in the larger context, they both are representative of and consistent with his views on women and the poor.

You left out the IMO.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 09:43 AM
When you build memes, the larger context is intentionally discarded.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Gecko's "Binders of Wimmen" brings his Mormon anti-women ethic to forefront, as if his/Repug misogyny hadn't already pushed the female vote to Barry. Gecko is one stupid motherfucker.

btw, Anne Coulter says women's suffrage was a huge mistake and women should denied the vote.

JoeChalupa
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes sir. God bless

Pics, not photoshopped or I call BS.

djohn2oo8
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM

The context was how awkward he was when talking about women.

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:32 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/47418_10151111360263920_1909810495_n.jpg

hehehehehehehe.

Funny.

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:36 PM

A bit of context:

The Governor didn't really act on his own to get women in his administration as governor.

That was pushed as a pledge on both him, and his Democratic opponent in the race by a bi-partisan group seeking to increase women's participation in government.

I won't hold his ham-handed phrasing against him, but the larger point underlying this is that he is claiming it was his priority and his alone that made it happen.

He is, in essence, taking credit for something he didn't do. Shocking in a politician, I know.

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
A bit of background:

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/mitt-romney-binders-full-of-women-hofstra-massgap.php

The advocacy group that provided Mitt Romney’s 2002 Massachusetts gubernatorial team with the “binders full of women” Romney referenced in Tuesday night’s presidential debate says the Republican presidential nominee didn’t exactly have the facts right when he told the tale at Hofstra University.

The binders of prospective female appointees that Romney claimed to have had compiled upon being elected to the top job in the Bay State a decade ago were actually made without his guidance before he won, officials with MassGAP, an advocacy group focused on getting more women into top Massachusetts government jobs, said Wednesday.

“While MassGAP is a nonpartisan effort, its organizers feel it is imperative to set the record straight about the efforts it spearheaded in 2002 and the results of that effort,” Marissa Szabo, associate director of the MA Women’s Political Caucus (lead sponsor of MassGAP) told TPM Wednesday.

Here’s how Romney told the story on the debate stage Tuesday.

“We took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet,” he said. “I went to a number of women’s groups and said, ‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”

DarrinS
10-18-2012, 01:43 PM
A bit of background:

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/mitt-romney-binders-full-of-women-hofstra-massgap.php

The binders of prospective female appointees that Romney claimed to have had compiled upon being elected to the top job in the Bay State a decade ago were actually made without his guidance before he won, officials with MassGAP, an advocacy group focused on getting more women into top Massachusetts government jobs, said Wednesday.

So?

RandomGuy
10-18-2012, 01:47 PM
So?

:lmao

Th'Pusher
10-18-2012, 01:47 PM
So?
So he's a liar?

Clipper Nation
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
So?

So Willard should stop fronting like he gives a fuck about women, tbh...

DarrinS
10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
So he's a liar?

So, this MassGAP group approach Romney and not the other way around? Mmmmkay. That should be a dagger in the next debate. :lol

DarrinS
10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
So Willard should stop fronting like he gives a fuck about women, tbh...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/suskind-book-female-advisers-in-obama-white-house-sidelined-and-ignored/2011/09/16/gIQAAOSSXK_print.html

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Right-Wing Media Opponents Of Affirmative Action Silent On Romney's Binders Full Of Women Mitt Romney revealed his gender-conscious hiring policies as governor of Massachusetts -- based on "binders full of women" -- during the October 16 presidential debate, a comment that was immediately recognized as an endorsement of affirmative action by several commentators in the media. But The Wall Street Journal editorial page and other conservative media outlets that have harshly condemned such affirmative action policies have yet to fully address Romney's statement.

Contrary to Mark Shields' joking "prediction," The Wall Street Journal editorial board has not commented on Romney's support of affirmative action as of this posting, even though it recently called (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444004704578030241264251974.html) on the Supreme Court to "reclaim [its] constitutional and moral bearings" by rejecting a University of Texas Law School admissions policy which takes race into account in order to promote student body diversity.

The National Review Online also ignored the substance of Romney's debate comments and instead claimed the anecdote was unremarkable (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/330780/ignore-gender-gap-editors), in contrast to their past objection to affirmative action on the basis of both gender (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/84533/gop-plank-civil-rights-and-affirmative-action/roger-clegg) and race (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/329956/one-country-one-standard-editors). National Review Online and The Wall Street Journal should note that Kerry Healey, Romney's Lieutenant Governor from 2003 to 2007 and a current surrogate (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/10/romney-surrogates-dance-around-equal-pay-immigration-position.php) for his campaign, further told Fox News that the "binders full of women" program amounted to a so-called quota system in which hiring targets were linked to the percentage of women in the Massachusetts population.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/18/right-wing-media-opponents-of-affirmative-actio/190738

Drachen
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Review section. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B001B0CTMU/ref=aw_d_crstars_office-products

Agloco
10-18-2012, 09:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JAhFb.jpg