PDA

View Full Version : Obama's closing argument a thing of beauty

lebomb
10-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Not exact quotes below, but close enough:

Romney......"I want to help 100% of america." The president......"niggra you said 47% are entitled to hand outs behind closed doors." The president spelled out who that 47% was......war vets, college students, retired individuals.....peoples mothers and fathers.

The president put an Anderson Silva brazilian jiu-jitsu knee to the pie hole on Romney with his closing argument.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Gecko's 47% slander to his 1% gang and Gecko as felony tax evader hiding his criminal tax records should be enough to kill his chances.

But 10Ms of Americans are ignorant, irrational, biased, superficial as fuck.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
That was a Crowley slow pitch intentionally staged as the last question with no chance of rebuttal.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
:lmao

I still don't like the statist, but I respect him for how he ETHERED that other statist prick Willard, tbh....

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
That was a Crowley slow pitch intentionally staged as the last question with no chance of rebuttal.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Romney had just brought that shit up when the guy gave him a clear chance to address the 47% idea. Mitt pretty much came when he heard the question because he thought he'd get a chance to address the 47% thing. And he did. Obama just did it better.

gameFACE
10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Obama put a hole in the Romney hot gas balloon. He could have brought up the 47% several places in the debate. But where and how he used it got major scoreboard.

From what I can find on the internets, Crowley is a Republican FWIW.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Interesting that you guys think the closing was so wonderful just because he got in his 47% shot. Whatever. Just looks like blue team rooting for blue team IMHO.

QUESTION: Hi, Governor. I think this is a tough question. To each of you. What do you believe is the biggest misperception that the American people have about you as a man and a candidate? Using specific examples, can you take this opportunity to debunk that misperception and set us straight?
ROMNEY: Thank you, and that's an opportunity for me, and I appreciate it.
In the nature of a campaign, it seems that some campaigns are focused on attacking a person rather than prescribing their own future and the things they'd like to do. In the course of that, I think the president's campaign has tried to characterize me as — as someone who's very different than who I am.
I care about 100 percent of the American people. I want 100 percent of the American people to have a bright and prosperous future. I care about our kids. I understand what it takes to make a bright and prosperous future for America again. I spent my life in the private sector, not in government. I'm a guy who wants to help with the experience I have, the American people.
My — my passion probably flows from the fact that I believe in God. And I believe we're all children of the same God. I believe we have a responsibility to care for one another. I — I served as a missionary for my church. I served as a pastor in my congregation for about 10 years. I've sat across the table from people who were out of work and worked with them to try and find new work or to help them through tough times.
I went to the Olympics when they were in trouble to try and get them on track. And as governor of my state, I was able to get 100 percent of my people insured, all my kids, about 98 percent of the adults. I was able also to get our schools ranked number one in the nation, so 100 percent of our kids would have a bright opportunity for a future.
ROMNEY: I understand that I can get this country on track again. We don't have to settle for what we're going through. We don't have to settle for gasoline at four bucks. We don't have to settle for unemployment at a chronically high level. We don't have to settle for 47 million people on food stamps. We don't have to settle for 50 percent of kids coming out of college not able to get work. We don't have to settle for 23 million people struggling to find a good job.
If I become president, I'll get America working again. I will get us on track to a balanced budget. The president hasn't. I will. I'll make sure we can reform Medicare and Social Security to preserve them for coming — coming generations. The president said he would. He didn't.
CROWLEY: Governor...
ROMNEY: I'll get our incomes up. And by the way, I've done these things. I served as governor and showed I could get them done.
CROWLEY: Mr. President, last two minutes belong to you.
OBAMA: Barry, I think a lot of this campaign, maybe over the last four years, has been devoted to this nation that I think government creates jobs, that that somehow is the answer.
That's not what I believe. I believe that the free enterprise system is the greatest engine of prosperity the world's ever known.
I believe in self-reliance and individual initiative and risk takers being rewarded. But I also believe that everybody should have a fair shot and everybody should do their fair share and everybody should play by the same rules, because that's how our economy's grown. That's how we built the world's greatest middle class.
And — and that is part of what's at stake in this election. There's a fundamentally different vision about how we move our country forward.
I believe Governor Romney is a good man. Loves his family, cares about his faith. But I also believe that when he said behind closed doors that 47 percent of the country considered themselves victims who refuse personal responsibility, think about who he was talking about.
Folks on Social Security who've worked all their lives. Veterans who've sacrificed for this country. Students who are out there trying to hopefully advance their own dreams, but also this country's dreams. Soldiers who are overseas fighting for us right now. People who are working hard every day, paying payroll tax, gas taxes, but don't make enough income.
And I want to fight for them. That's what I've been doing for the last four years. Because if they succeed, I believe the country succeeds.
When my grandfather fought in World War II and he came back and he got a G.I. Bill and that allowed him to go to college, that wasn't a handout. That was something that advanced the entire country. And I want to make sure that the next generation has those same opportunities. That's why I'm asking for your vote and that's why I'm asking for another four years.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82484_Page8.html#ixzz29ZFzmL7S

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Obama put a hole in the Romney hot gas balloon. He could have brought up the 47% several places in the debate. But where and how he used it got major scoreboard.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DarrinS
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM

Juggity
10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

She might well be a Republican. On CNN she's even handed.

Not to mention the fact that the "liberal bias" long assumed by conservatives is actually an imagined bias. (http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2447)

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
If Obama didn't shit all over Willard, why is CosmicCowboy so butthurt about it? :lol

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
If Obama didn't shit all over Willard, why is CosmicCowboy so butthurt about it? :lol

Who is butthurt? I agreed that the Crowley/Obama tag team won by a nose...

gameFACE
10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
There are quite a few CNNer's and other political correspondents on major networks who are Republican. Always has been. It's always funny to hear the right claim all this media bias. Basically, bitching about the moderator = your side lost.

lebomb
10-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Who is butthurt? I agreed that the Crowley/Obama tag team won by a nose...

Well hell, Mitt was cutting off the president continuously, and also kept talking past him time allowed. What was she supposed to do with a bully like him?

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Well hell, Mitt was cutting off the president continuously, and also kept talking past him time allowed. What was she supposed to do with a bully like him?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://www.highsnobiety.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_stussy_t19_sunglasses.jpg.jpg

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Sure CC. Everyone who sees it different than you is looking through blue colored glasses. You've obviously got the objective view here. :tu

I'm pretty sure Clippers has the darkest blue glasses of all.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Sure CC. Everyone who sees it different than you is looking through blue colored glasses. You've obviously got the objective view here. :tu

I'm pretty sure Clippers has the darkest blue glasses of all.

Shit, Manny...they were both stepping all over each other and Obama actually got 4 minutes and 18 seconds more talking time than Romney, so lebombs assertion was fucking retarded.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Who is butthurt? I agreed that the Crowley/Obama tag team won by a nose...Your second sentence answers your question.

lol ConspiracyCowboy.

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Shit, Manny...they were both stepping all over each other and Obama actually got 4 minutes and 18 seconds more talking time than Romney, so lebombs assertion was fucking retarded.

Lebomb went to UTSA. We set the bar a bit lower for him.

But seriously, I don't think Crowley was there trying to help anyone. I thought she was a terrible moderator and I wish she would have told both of them to STFU quite often. She was unable to stop either from talking on several occasions.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Your second sentence answers your question.

lol ConspiracyCowboy.

Any reasonable person could see it which explains why you didn't.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2012, 11:02 AM
:cry

lebomb
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Lebomb went to UTSA. We set the bar a bit lower for him.

At least I went somewhere............. :rolleyes

Anyhow.......yeah Obama talked longer during his allotted time, but Mitt used Obamas time as well talking over him.

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 11:07 AM
At least I went somewhere............. :rolleyes

Anyhow.......yeah Obama talked longer during his allotted time, but Mitt used Obamas time as well talking over him.

LOL I'm just fucking with you. I hadn't made a UTSA joke in years. It was due.

lebomb
10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
LOL I'm just fucking with you. I hadn't made a UTSA joke in years. It was due.

Gotdayumit Manny!!!! :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 11:55 AM

works for me :toast

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I remember when many didn't think much of debates at all.

johnsmith
10-17-2012, 12:34 PM

When was that?

MannyIsGod
10-17-2012, 01:47 PM

They're still incredibly scripted events. You don't think those questions last night were vetted? You don't think the candidates knew beforehand exactly what those questions where? These events are like bowling with bumpers. What about the other candidates running for President? Why isn't Ron Paul or Gary Johnson (among others) allowed into the events?

Don't mistake discussion of the scripted events as a sign that aren't very poor as an actual "debate".

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 02:28 PM
"Why isn't Ron Paul or Gary Johnson (among others) allowed into the events?"

because they'll NEVER be elected to the WH

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
When was that?

Back when I used to make threads about the debates and many would say they are staged, don't matter, blah, blah, blah.

JoeChalupa
10-17-2012, 02:35 PM
They're still incredibly scripted events. You don't think those questions last night were vetted? You don't think the candidates knew beforehand exactly what those questions where? These events are like bowling with bumpers. What about the other candidates running for President? Why isn't Ron Paul or Gary Johnson (among others) allowed into the events?

Don't mistake discussion of the scripted events as a sign that aren't very poor as an actual "debate".

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not the nominees. Correct or not they are not. And I don't think Obama or Romney's responses were totally scripted. Yeah, they, the debate organizers, will want to know someone isn't going to ask a dumb question like are you wearing boxers or shorts tonight? The debates DO have an effect on the votes and the polls show that. At least I think they do.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are not the nominees. Correct or not they are not. And I don't think Obama or Romney's responses were totally scripted. Yeah, they, the debate organizers, will want to know someone isn't going to ask a dumb question like are you wearing boxers or shorts tonight? The debates DO have an effect on the votes and the polls show that. At least I think they do.

?????????

Gary Johnson is on the ballot for President in all 50 states.

jack sommerset
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Back when I used to make threads about the debates and many would say they are staged, don't matter, blah, blah, blah.

Bump us a old debate thread you started. Let's see what the tone was like. God bless

dbestpro
10-17-2012, 03:31 PM
There are quite a few CNNer's and other political correspondents on major networks who are Republican. Always has been. It's always funny to hear the right claim all this media bias. Basically, bitching about the moderator = your side lost.

That reminds of the old days is sports when every team would say that they had at least one minority.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 03:40 PM

You sound like a Suns fan.

Wild Cobra
10-17-2012, 03:40 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://www.highsnobiety.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_stussy_t19_sunglasses.jpg.jpg
Those must also include hindsight blockers as a standard feature, since blue team never learns from the past.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Those must also include hindsight blockers as a standard feature, since blue team never learns from the past.

F25jYyU1u1o

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2012, 04:21 PM

You sound like a Suns fan.

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's funny when they show a black person who says "I voted for Obama 4 years ago" as if we didn't know and as if Obama's skin color changed in the last 4 years. This is especially true for those people who didn't even know who his running mate was or what he stood for.

gameFACE
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
That reminds of the old days is sports when every team would say that they had at least one minority.
Yeah, that's like Juan Williams at Fox. CNN has Crowley, David Gergen, Alex Castellanos and Ari Fleischer among others. That's why they're more likely to get a debate moderator from there over one-sided Fox.

Clipper Nation
10-17-2012, 04:51 PM

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4d621f54ccd1d58539070000-256-192/george-hw-bush.jpg

http://www.gossipcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/george-w-bush_240.jpg

http://whatwouldspideydo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/jeb-bush1.jpg?w=640