PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Leandro Barbosa has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics

ace3g
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent guard Leandro Barbosa has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

baseline bum
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that LnGrrrR

LkrFan
10-17-2012, 03:48 PM
They're guard rotation is deep now. Let's see what Doc does with their minutes.

Venti Quattro
10-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Their guard rotation is deep now. Let's see what Doc does with their minutes.

Leetonidas
10-17-2012, 04:08 PM
And the Cs continue to stock up on mediocre or washed up talent while passing themselves off as "deep"

Venti Quattro
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
And the Cs continue to stock up on mediocre or washed up talent while passing themselves off as "deep"

They're deep...in the grave.

AussieFanKurt
10-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Is Barbosa a dud these days? I remember how good he was with PHX, haven't seen him since

Leetonidas
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
he was absolute garbage in Indy, I'm sure Pacerfan is glad to have that sack of shit off their team. he looked terrible in olympic play also, dude is long removed from his 6MOY days

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 04:54 PM
They're guard rotation is deep now. Let's see what Doc does with their minutes.

I wanted Barbs..but now I have to realize it wasn't god's will for it to happen...There must be a good reason he wasn't guided our way...I'm sure they're are bigger plans in store for us via a mid-season trade..I suspect Calderon or another nice addition before long to back up Nash

Latarian Milton
10-17-2012, 05:57 PM
you can't afford to have someone like barbosa in your locker room if you still want to win something imho, dude is a scrub and a cancer who'll kill the team's chemistry in the end, both in and outside of the court

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 06:58 PM
you can't afford to have someone like barbosa in your locker room if you still want to win something imho, dude is a scrub and a cancer who'll kill the team's chemistry in the end, both in and outside of the court

He wouldn't be a cancer on my team...Kobe would have kicked his ass and if that didn't work he would authorize Metta to unleash some of his Peace elbows...

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
He was never more than a below average player who D'antoni and Nash made look good in the regular season. He's been absolute garbage for years now.

racm
10-17-2012, 07:51 PM
JET makes Barbosa redundant IMO, because Terry at least knows how to shoot and when to shoot.

LnGrrrR
10-17-2012, 11:36 PM
We sttttaaaaaccckkkkkeeeed with a shitty 8-15 rotation

LnGrrrR
10-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear that LnGrrrR

:toast :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2012, 01:36 AM
barbosa is a fkn scrub who thinks his a franchise player or first option on offense, dude never passes the ball, explains why his been on so many teams, let alone the wanker is hated on the NT

LkrFan
10-18-2012, 04:17 AM
I wanted Barbs..but now I have to realize it wasn't god's will for it to happen...There must be a good reason he wasn't guided our way...I'm sure they're are bigger plans in store for us via a mid-season trade..I suspect Calderon or another nice addition before long to back up Nash
I wanted Barbosa as well. Although he's not the 2006 Barbosa that used to light up Fish, he still would be an upgrade over Blake.

Not sure if Calderon is coming or not. Him and Pau are good friends who has played together (chemistry), so I'm sure LA would get him if given the chance.

One guy I do want to make the squad is CDR. I think he'd be huge off our bench. Between him and Meeks, Kobe should be fresh come playoff time. He is instant offense and soon Meeks' 3s should start falling with regularity as he gets more comfortable in the Princeton.

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2012, 06:09 AM
I wanted Barbosa as well. Although he's not the 2006 Barbosa that used to light up Fish, he still would be an upgrade over Blake.

Not sure if Calderon is coming or not. Him and Pau are good friends who has played together (chemistry), so I'm sure LA would get him if given the chance.

One guy I do want to make the squad is CDR. I think he'd be huge off our bench. Between him and Meeks, Kobe should be fresh come playoff time. He is instant offense and soon Meeks' 3s should start falling with regularity as he gets more comfortable in the Princeton.

^ I agree with that assessment. Barbs to Boston ain't a bad pick-up for them...I think Boston will knock Miami off this yr...Miami may have picked up Allen and Lewis but Boston has made some quiet and underrated acquisitions this past summer that I think is more impressive than Miami...Here's why:

Look for Chris Wilcox to put up decent numbers and help KG out in the post...he had health issues last season but when he played he played well... He's a solid back-up big-man, way better than Miami's starting center if you ask me and poised to have a break-out yr. now that he's healthy. Miami is panicking by attempting to slide Bosh to the 5 but it won't work...Bosh has no ass to be banging down low with those big men...(no pun) :lol

Don't forget about Brandon Bass...dude is very solid...even if you just include Bass and Wilcox they're better than Miami's big bodies...

They picked up Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, and don't forget that Jeff Green is back...even if you exclude Jeff Green being back Jason Terry and Courtney Lee >>> Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Terry and Lee are a very nice balance of offense and defense whereas Allen plays no defense and Lewis is literally washed up...

Jeff Green is back and healthy and even though he didn't play last year he's ready now he's a career 14 pts and 5 rbs player...He's a good defensive player and will body Lebron he will give Miami problems

Boston still has a Big 3 and as long as Paul Pierce is healthy going down the stretch they should beat Miami this year...because Rondo and KG are some freaks...Wade has long had problems with Rondo and Rondo comes back with a Chip on his shoulder and something to prove for his All-star snub and his Olympic team snub...plus I think Wade's knee isn't 100% and it will likely be a problem again given his reckless style of play.

KG will feast down low on Miami just like he did last year..This fucking guy never seems to age...in this modern era KG is my 2nd All-time fave player behind Kobe...I respect that dude to the utmost...and the fact that I met him at a Pimping Ho's weekend in Vegas some yrs back don't hurt either :lol

Lebron should win his 4th MVP but it won't be enough...he falls to Boston this year..that's if Indiana doesn't get him first...because after all they barely squeaked by Indy last year....still have to wait to see what NY, Brooklyn, Philly, and Chicago (when Rose returns) will do...

racm
10-18-2012, 06:53 AM
That guy Sullinger's solid too. A bit undersized, but his low-post game should complement KG, tbh...

rayjayjohnson
10-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Didn't barbosa knock up Mrs Nash?

rayjayjohnson
10-18-2012, 07:07 AM
...or was that j rich?

LkrFan
10-18-2012, 07:09 AM
^ I agree with that assessment. Barbs to Boston ain't a bad pick-up for them...I think Boston will knock Miami off this yr...Miami may have picked up Allen and Lewis but Boston has made some quiet and underrated acquisitions this past summer that I think is more impressive than Miami...Here's why:

Look for Chris Wilcox to put up decent numbers and help KG out in the post...he had health issues last season but when he played he played well... He's a solid back-up big-man, way better than Miami's starting center if you ask me and poised to have a break-out yr. now that he's healthy. Miami is panicking by attempting to slide Bosh to the 5 but it won't work...Bosh has no ass to be banging down low with those big men...(no pun) :lol

Don't forget about Brandon Bass...dude is very solid...even if you just include Bass and Wilcox they're better than Miami's big bodies...

They picked up Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, and don't forget that Jeff Green is back...even if you exclude Jeff Green being back Jason Terry and Courtney Lee >>> Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Terry and Lee are a very nice balance of offense and defense whereas Allen plays no defense and Lewis is literally washed up...

Jeff Green is back and healthy and even though he didn't play last year he's ready now he's a career 14 pts and 5 rbs player...He's a good defensive player and will body Lebron he will give Miami problems

Boston still has a Big 3 and as long as Paul Pierce is healthy going down the stretch they should beat Miami this year...because Rondo and KG are some freaks...Wade has long had problems with Rondo and Rondo comes back with a Chip on his shoulder and something to prove for his All-star snub and his Olympic team snub...plus I think Wade's knee isn't 100% and it will likely be a problem again given his reckless style of play.

KG will feast down low on Miami just like he did last year..This fucking guy never seems to age...in this modern era KG is my 2nd All-time fave player behind Kobe...I respect that dude to the utmost...and the fact that I met him at a Pimping Ho's weekend in Vegas some yrs back don't hurt either :lol

Lebron should win his 4th MVP but it won't be enough...he falls to Boston this year..that's if Indiana doesn't get him first...because after all they barely squeaked by Indy last year....still have to wait to see what NY, Brooklyn, Philly, and Chicago (when Rose returns) will do...

Good stuff Kool. i've been saying this all summer - even before they picked up Barbosa. Boston really helped themselves this summer. They also have good enough trade chips now to land other pieces later if need be. They were not healthy last year, otherwise I doubt Miami rangs. Boston's perimeter is strengthened and Miami is a perimeter oriented team.

If LBJ plays PF, good luck with scoring down low v. KG. I won't even talk about PP v. Battier. Rondo is better than Chalmers and Cole. Miami would be stupid to put LBJ on KG so I see him abusing Bosh.

Team speed is what killed Boston v. Miami. With Jet, Barbosa, Bradley, and Lee igniting their fast break I don't see that as a major advantage for Miami anymore. The gap is closing between them two teams. If those two rooks (Sullinger and Fab Melo) play even halfway decent to keep KG fresh, Miami is in trouble.

Raven
10-18-2012, 07:13 AM
pure scrub... then again, he's just signed for depth at pg so it's a non-issue

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Good stuff Kool. i've been saying this all summer - even before they picked up Barbosa. Boston really helped themselves this summer. They also have good enough trade chips now to land other pieces later if need be. They were not healthy last year, otherwise I doubt Miami rangs. Boston's perimeter is strengthened and Miami is a perimeter oriented team.

If LBJ plays PF, good luck with scoring down low v. KG. I won't even talk about PP v. Battier. Rondo is better than Chalmers and Cole. Miami would be stupid to put LBJ on KG so I see him abusing Bosh.

Team speed is what killed Boston v. Miami. With Jet, Barbosa, Bradley, and Lee igniting their fast break I don't see that as a major advantage for Miami anymore. The gap is closing between them two teams. If those two rooks (Sullinger and Fab Melo) play even halfway decent to keep KG fresh, Miami is in trouble.

^ this... I didn't even really think about this one...but you're right...Boston has a very good balance of youth, speed, skill, and veteran leaderhip the same as our team...KG will abuse Lebron..did you see what happened in the Olympics during the gold medal game when they put Lebron on Gasol...Gasol beasted on Lebron like a thanksgiving turkey.. I was like aww shit...:lol

They will try to put Wade on Rondo and as per the usual Rondo will rip Wade a new asshole..just watch....my main thing is that Boston has the Bigs and the Backcourt, and the bench to beat Miami...Barbosa last yr in Indy gave Miami fits...even if just one of Miami's big 3 gets into foul trouble they're done... with all of the off-season improvements by Eastern contenders it will be very competitive...

LkrFan
10-18-2012, 07:43 AM
^ this... I didn't even really think about this one...but you're right...Boston has a very good balance of youth, speed, skill, and veteran leaderhip the same as our team...KG will abuse Lebron..did you see what happened in the Olympics during the gold medal game when they put Lebron on Gasol...Gasol beasted on Lebron like a thanksgiving turkey.. I was like aww shit...:lol

They will try to put Wade on Rondo and as per the usual Rondo will rip Wade a new asshole..just watch....my main thing is that Boston has the Bigs and the Backcourt, and the bench to beat Miami...Barbosa last yr in Indy gave Miami fits...even if just one of Miami's big 3 gets into foul trouble they're done... with all of the off-season improvements by Eastern contenders it will be very competitive...
:lol

LkrFan
10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I feel kinda dirty giving Celtic Scum any props, but as long as LeBron is one and _irk (I meant one and d:lolne) it's worth it to me. Then Kobe can join Magic in an incredible feat: beat the Celtics twice in the Finals. :)

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
I feel kinda dirty giving Celtic Scum any props, but as long as LeBron is one and _irk (I meant mean d:lolne) it's worth it to me. Then Kobe can join Magic in an incredible feat: beat the Celtics twice in the Finals. :)

I know old school cats like my pops and his buddies will call treason on it but I agree with you...even though I respect them the old loyalties for what those 80's Lakers team done is no longer my battle...and was to a small degree before my time...I'm fighting a new fight...for a new generation...Magic has 5 titles and Kobe has 5 with a good chance to get 6 and 7...

I want to see Kobe beat Boston 1 more time and then beat Lebron to close out his career for # 7...those are the two titles that I want the most...and in that order...

racm
10-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Lakers/Celtics: Classic matchup tbh... Superteam vs superteam is boring for that very reason...

Koolaid_Man
10-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Lakers/Celtics: Classic matchup tbh... Superteam vs superteam is boring for that very reason...

^ this....there's always room on the bandwagon...just lemme know how you want to play it :toast

FYM
10-18-2012, 12:46 PM
:toast :lmao

why a fan of the greatest nba franchise has his shit pushed by some random small team fans ?

Leetonidas
10-18-2012, 08:15 PM
why a fan of the greatest nba franchise has his shit pushed by some random small team fans ?

lol 1 title in over two decades

LnGrrrR
10-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Who the fuck are you?

LnGrrrR
10-18-2012, 10:22 PM

:lol Still more recent than yours :lol

Mori Chu
10-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Trust me, Laker fans. You didn't want Barbosa. He's infuriating. He never learned proper shooting form, so his shot comes from his chin and is easily bothered or blocked. Sometimes he can hit open 3s and pull-up jumpers, but if anybody is near him it's a brick. And he drives to the basket completely out of control. He often loses the ball or turns it over or takes a crappy shot, just generally makes a bad decision. The main thing he had going for him back in Phoenix was supreme athleticism and hustle, so he'd often beat his man to the hoop. But age and injury and mileage is starting to take that away from him, and without it, there really isn't much left. Not the worst player in the league, but really not an upgrade.

Oh, and he's really not a PG. Teams try to run him as their backup PG, but even in spot minutes, he can't be the primary ballhandler. He doesn't make good decisions, as I said. So if you give him the ball and ask him to create, you're going to see a lot of bad possessions. And he's too undersized to guard SGs, so you almost can't have him out there unless the other team has a midget SG. No thanks.

FYM
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM

lol 4 titles

FYM
10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Who the fuck are you?

and u ?

LnGrrrR
10-19-2012, 09:20 PM
and u ?

Far be it from me to question the man with a total of 17 posts to his name. Surely, your fandom is unquestioned, whereas mine must be fairweather, given my unwillingness to defend Leandro Barbosa at all turns.

FYM
10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Far be it from me to question the man with a total of 17 posts to his name. Surely, your fandom is unquestioned, whereas mine must be fairweather, given my unwillingness to defend Leandro Barbosa at all turns.

With 17 posts you can imagine I'm not familiar with this forum therefore I don't know you. My and u ? is legitimate, present yourself I'll do the same. You're the one who asked.

Bottom line is: our Celtics dominate nba, with your 19 608 posts you should dominate this board

Venti Quattro
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM

:lmao Len Bias

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
With 17 posts you can imagine I'm not familiar with this forum therefore I don't know you. My and u ? is legitimate, present yourself I'll do the same. You're the one who asked.

Bottom line is: our Celtics dominate nba, with your 19 608 posts you should dominate this board

:lol Stick around kid, you'll learn. I'm pretty much the only C's fan on this board for the last 3 years, now that Bostonguy has probably killed himself after the last Super Bowl.

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
:lmao Len Bias

How much is Kobe still owed on his contract? :lmao

FYM
10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
:lol Stick around kid, you'll learn. I'm pretty much the only C's fan on this board for the last 3 years, now that Bostonguy has probably killed himself after the last Super Bowl.

sure thing grandpa, sure thing

Koolaid_Man
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Magic, Kobe, Shaq 10
Bird, KG, Allen, Pierce, Rondo 4

Kobe 5
KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo 1

Magic 5
Bird 3

Kobe 5
Bird 3

Kobe 5
Shaq 4

Venti Quattro
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Where is that Celtics fan who claimed that he has the most fresh fashion sense for clubbing? :rollin

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Where is that Celtics fan who claimed that he has the most fresh fashion sense for clubbing? :rollin

fucking illuzion.... that guy *smh*

Latarian Milton
10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
lngrrrr seems to be more interested in posting in the political forum instead of the NBA forum so even though hes posted alot on this site, he isn't always known as a high-profile celtic fan but more often as a political expert, similarly said about mouse tbh

FYM
10-20-2012, 11:02 AM
lngrrrr seems to be more interested in posting in the political forum instead of the NBA forum so even though hes posted alot on this site, he isn't always known as a high-profile celtic fan but more often as a political expert, similarly said about mouse tbh

What you are saying is that there is no real Celtics fan on this forum.

Leetonidas
10-20-2012, 11:31 AM
lol 4 titles

:lol thinking 11 of the celtics titles mean anything

Leetonidas
10-20-2012, 11:32 AM
:lol Still more recent than yours :lol

"yours" :lol

FYM
10-20-2012, 11:35 AM
:lol thinking 11 of the celtics titles mean anything

:lol thinking that even with -11, the Celts still shit on the spurs
:lol thinking 99 and 07 mean something

FYM
10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
:lol spurs fans

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Really Lee? That's the best smack you've got? "Ooh he said yours instead of the Spurs LOLOLLOLLOL he thinks he's part of the team!LOLOL"

Latarian, it's an insult to compare me to Mouse.

And FYM, you should prove your bonafides before you start talking shit, tbh

FYM
10-20-2012, 05:30 PM
And FYM, you should prove your bonafides before you start talking shit, tbh

I need a diploma or something to talk shit ? nice to know tbh. 19,616 posts and I feel you never talked shit to anybody and I also feel lakers fans talk shit to you with little reaction... not a great example to follow.

D12
10-20-2012, 06:11 PM
:lol Celtics

You fucks are so done, I don't know why Ainge doesn't consider blowing up the team up. Give that nigga KG a chance to win with the Lakeshow instead of having his carcass deteriorate in that franchise.

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I need a diploma or something to talk shit ? nice to know tbh. 19,616 posts and I feel you never talked shit to anybody and I also feel lakers fans talk shit to you with little reaction... not a great example to follow.

Tbh, only one of us is looking foolish, and it's not me.

FYM
10-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Tbh, only one of us is looking foolish, and it's not me.

I do hope for you tbh :lmao

LnGrrrR
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
So whose troll are you anyways? :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Considering the hate he gets, did a pretty good job tonight... I guess? Will he keep it up

TimDunkem
10-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Barbosa is just doing what he always does; make people believe you don't suck early on, then become a complete non-factor later on.

He'll return to form soon.