PDA

View Full Version : LOL sad but true

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 03:44 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img843/2935/gaspp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/gaspp.jpg/)

ElNono
10-17-2012, 03:50 PM
A broken image link is certainly sad... don't know about true though :lol

TeyshaBlue
10-17-2012, 03:52 PM
http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/134491021173820.png

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:11 PM
better?

boutons_deux
10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
CC and his ignorant bubba ashholes blaming Barry for WORLD oil prices. US oilcos, innocent as ... Dinesh d'Souza :lol

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
So what? People were freaking out just as much then as now when it went to 2.00 a gallon. It's like fucking a chick in the ass. it's not that your in there, it's the sudden, forceful way you got there. Once you're there she's going to bitch and moan about it (mostly moan) but soon it's ok just don't go further and if you back out a bit, what a great deal she now has.

Maybe over the top though.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:16 PM
CC and his ignorant bubba ashholes blaming Barry for WORLD oil prices. US oilcos, innocent as ... Dinesh d'Souza :lol

Ignorant fucking Boutons claiming I claimed cause and effect when I did nothing of the sort.

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Seriously? You realize gas prices were about the same as they are now before the bottom fell out of the economy. I realiz e your a staunch red teamer but at least display a modicum of intellectual honesty.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
You need to get out of your trailer more Boutons.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 04:19 PM
In 6/2008 gas prices were at an all time high of $4.21. Miraculously they plummeted to $1.86 come 10/28

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

I was kind of stunned when I looked it up. Go American politics Go!

BRHornet45
But but but its Bush's fault!

CosmicCowboy
Jeezus you grumpy fucks. Just a little afternoon humor someone e-mailed me and I passed along. I know there was no direct cause and effect between his election and gas prices. A lot of other fucked up shit, but not gas prices.

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Ignorant fucking Boutons claiming I claimed cause and effect when I did nothing of the sort.

so you think that it is sad that the world economy has recovered enough since early 2009 to drive up demand for oil and the price of gas?

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
so you think that it is sad that the world economy has recovered enough since early 2009 to drive up demand for oil and the price of gas?

:lmao

You believe this is a supply/demand issue?...:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
Jeezus you grumpy fucks. Just a little afternoon humor someone e-mailed me and I passed along. I know there was no direct cause and effect between his election and gas prices. A lot of other fucked up shit, but not gas prices.

:cry

then why did you make it such that someone else had to mention it.

ElNono
tbh, I thought that was one of the highlights for Barry last night... When he goes "well, the economy went to shit and you got those prices... ...so maybe if you elect governor romney you'll see those prices again" :lol

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Lit might actually be funny if the republican nominee for president was not trying to insinuate cause and effect to moron voters. Shit like this simply perpetuates the lie.

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:23 PM
:cry

then why did you make it such that someone else had to mention it.

I see stupid is back.

ElNono
10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Gas was definitely $4/gallon back in July 2008... short memory is short

Latarian Milton
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
high gas prices will force more customers to choose japanese cars over american ones which will in return hurt the US auto industry even more. the US government is now the owner of america's biggest auto maker which's also the biggest of the world as well, hence the government won't ever allow such a high price of gas like it once was

FuzzyLumpkins
10-17-2012, 04:30 PM
I see stupid is back.

You can call me stupid all you like but we both know that's not true.

OTOH, we do know that you vote for tax cuts for yourself, claim money for golf carts from programs that you claim are wasteful, complain about people that get WIC/AFDC/etc, and then plan your impending retirement around having Medicare and Social Security.

So you go ahead and call me stupid and I will call you a greedy, self righteous blight on the American landscape.

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
:lmao

You believe this is a supply/demand issue?...:lol

are you suggesting the price of gas is not driven by supply and demand?

CosmicCowboy
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
are you suggesting the price of gas is not driven by supply and demand?

Not true supply, but artificial supply

Th'Pusher
10-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Ok. But that really has nothing to do with my point. World economies recovered demand returned and prices went back to where they were and stabilized. The republican nominee for POTUS was suggesting this was a result Barak obama's policies which as you know, is a lie. Just like your joke in the op.

DMC
10-17-2012, 04:49 PM

Correct, because, as the President stated, people sit on the reservoir of oil until they decide to offer it. Same with diamonds tbh. Diamonds though are a luxury, heating and transportation isn't. Those who control the valves make sure we pay a premium (no pun intended) for fuel so they get the max. It's like charging 10 bucks a bag for ice after a natural disaster (which was outlawed). Big oil raises their prices based on anything in the world they can use as a reason to get more money, but it doesn't drop as quickly as it rises. I am all for capitalism but we need to recognize it for what it is. It's not supply vs demand, but ration vs ability to afford. They keep it just above the comfort level, and after we get settled they raise it again. If they ever drop it 20 cents we act like we got to sleep in the main house.