PDA

View Full Version : isn't this something despots do ?

rjv
10-17-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/16794/jill-stein-arrest-why-the-cpd-shutting-out-third-party-candidates-like-gary-johnson-matters

symple19
10-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Yep...It's sickening

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
v_Bfecor9Fs

It was the police blocking them on their way in.

VtMQACb-PSA

z0sa
10-18-2012, 11:48 AM
The two party system sucks. At this point, I'm at the cynical asshole stage where every person who says "I'm a proud Republican/Democrat" pisses me off to some degree.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Generation Y had a huge grass roots level backing for Paul. He and thus they were marginalized. By choice of their candidate its pretty obvious that they have a strong anti-establishment spirit but now you have galvanized that feeling.

This is the product of the same two forces. As much as the wealthy and their organizations pay the parties to influence the votes, the parties themselves influence our society such as to entrench themselves. All of the questions are approved thats why the audience members read them off cue cards.

And people use this to evaluate who they should vote for. All the while I bet most people could not tell you 5 pieces of legislation that Ryan voted for or how he voted while he was in the senate.

rjv
10-18-2012, 01:40 PM
The two party system sucks. At this point, I'm at the cynical asshole stage where every person who says "I'm a proud Republican/Democrat" pisses me off to some degree.

:lol yeah, that pretty much describes me to a tee.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
It's also something any militarized local police force does.

baseline bum
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM

I think it's inevitable once someone gets out of high school and away from the "US is the greatest in everything!" propaganda that gets spoonfed in US History and Government classes in grades 7-12. When you're young and dumb you buy all the propaganda about how you have real choice when casting your ballot and how the other nations around the world are the corrupt ones.