PDA

View Full Version : God Loves Romney

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 06:55 PM
A friend who goes to Cornerstone church recently tweeted that Romney was God's candidate..So a vote for Romney is a vote for God...

Anyway, it got me thinking if many Christians, like the fine folks at Cornerstone, really know anything about Romney's Mormon faith and his version of "God" they will vote for in November thanks to Hagee..

This is not intended as an attack on Mormonism or religion, just facts...

According to Mormons, a deviation from the original principles of Christianity, known as the Great Apostasy began not long after the ascension of Jesus Christ.[125] It was marked with the corruption of Christian doctrine by Greek and other philosophies,[126] with followers dividing into different ideological groups.[127] Mormons claim the martyrdom of the Apostles[128] led to a loss of Priesthood authority to administer the church and its ordinances.[129] Mormons believe that God restored the early Christian church through Joseph Smith. In particular, Mormons believe that angels such as Peter, James, John, and John the Baptist appeared to Joseph Smith and others and bestowed various Priesthood authorities on them. Mormons believe that their church is the "only true and living church" because of the divine authority restored through Smith. Mormons self-identify as being Christian,[130] while many Christians, particularly white evangelical Protestants, disagree with this view.[131] Mormons view other religions as having portions of the truth, doing good works, and having genuine value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormons

Bartleby
10-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Mormon Jesus came to America. That's all that matters.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Mormon Jesus came to America. That's all that matters.

God? The Original American?

The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement, which adherents believe contains writings of ancient prophets who lived on the American continent from approximately 2200 BC to AD 421.[1][2] It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi

Mormon was originally written in otherwise unknown characters referred to as "reformed Egyptian" [4] engraved on golden plates. Smith claimed that the last prophet to contribute to the book, a man named Moroni, buried it in a hill in present-day New York and then returned to earth in 1827 as an angel,[5] revealing the location of the book to Smith and instructing him to translate and disseminate it as evidence of the restoration of Christ's true church in the latter days.

Joseph Smith Jr. said that when he was seventeen years of age an angel of God, named Moroni, appeared to him,[11] and said that a collection of ancient writings, engraved on golden plates by ancient prophets, was buried in a nearby hill in Wayne County, New York. The writings described a people whom God had led from Jerusalem to the Western Hemisphere 600 years before Jesus’ birth. According to the narrative, Moroni was the last prophet among these people and had buried the record, which God had promised to bring forth in the latter days. Smith stated that he was instructed by Moroni to meet at the hill annually each September 22 to receive further instructions and that four years after the initial visit, in 1827, he was allowed to take the plates and was directed to translate them into English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
lame attempt on an attack on someone's religion. now i'm not mormon myself and don't agree with it but i'm electing a president not a priest and o'nigga is muslim anyway. america is supposed to be about freedom of expression, shame on you for this you trash. slimy unamerican scum.

Bartleby
10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Romney could say he worships Kang and Kodos for all I care, but I do find it funny when conservatives get all butthurt about ad hominem attacks.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
ame attempt on an attack on someone's religion. now i'm not mormon myself and don't agree with it but i'm electing a president not a priest and o'nigga is muslim anyway. america is supposed to be about freedom of expression, shame on you for this you trash. slimy unamerican scum.

Your retarded.....Would you say the same if Obama were a Muslim?

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Besides, Hagee semi-regularly comes out of his 1% Dominion shadows to openly campaign for Netanyahu, Israel and Mitt Romney...

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Nice attempt at a straw man slimeball, I dislike obama because of 112 tomahawk cruise missiles hitting libya, the rise of the muslim brotherhood in libya and egypt and subsequent killing of our ambassador as a direct result, slow gdp growth and therefore lower incomes, etc. I'm more worried about him stomping on our civil liberties and the constitution via NDAA, cybersecurity bills aimed at cracking down on free speech on the internet, renewal of the patriot act, and our continued descension into a police state, the federal reserve continuing to print up all the money out of thin air to buy our houses with, corporate cronyism (think GE) etc than i am his fucking religion. Scum.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Nice attempt at a straw man slimeball, I dislike obama because of 112 tomahawk cruise missiles hitting libya, the rise of the muslim brotherhood in libya and egypt and subsequent killing of our ambassador as a direct result, slow gdp growth and therefore lower incomes, etc. I'm more worried about him stomping on our civil liberties and the constitution via NDAA, cybersecurity bills aimed at cracking down on free speech on the internet, renewal of the patriot act, and our continued descension into a police state, the federal reserve continuing to print up all the money out of thin air to buy our houses with, corporate cronyism (think GE) etc than i am his fucking religion. Scum.

So you dislike Obama because your misinformed......how is that any different than Hagee associating a vote for Romney as a vote for God?

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
"misinformed"

Taking a page out of your boy's book, just randomly saying i'm lying as some sort of throwaway line? Everything in that post is 100% truth. Why can't you Obama supporters just be honest, ever?

Nbadan
You didn't answer my question though....I don't think you would like Obama so much if he were Muslim...

Clipper Nation
Yet you're sticking up for Willard whose agenda is the exact same?

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
You didn't answer my question though....I don't think you would like Obama so much if he were Muslim...

See post #8 for my answer.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:45 PM
I dislike obama because of 112 tomahawk cruise missiles hitting libya

So you liked Gaddafi? Ever heard of Lockerbie? Are you a terrorist?

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
the rise of the muslim brotherhood in libya and egypt

So your against Democracy....

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah I'm a terrorist because I support the constitution and bill of rights, and dislike being taken over by foreign banks and having them print up 40 billion each month out of thin air to buy up our houses and rent it right back out to us as slaves.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
slow gdp growth and therefore lower incomes,

So you support lower taxes for the rich and more debt...

Juggity
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM

If you had all of these complaints to begin with, why didn't you state them at the outset of this thread rather than bringing in the racial epithets:

o'nigga

Saying things like that, people might think you have a simpler, more archaic reason for hating Obama.

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:49 PM
So your against Democracy....

Everyone knows muslim brotherhood = democracy.

did you somehow get a hold of obama's scripted list of retorts? how many faulty assumptions did you have to make in order to link my post to that^?

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah I'm a terrorist because I support the constitution and bill of rights, and dislike being taken over by foreign banks and having them print up 40 billion each month out of thin air to buy up our houses and rent it right back out to us as slaves.

So, inflation hitting you hard or what? pretty low in my parts

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Just don't get laid off and miss a payment or a chinaman owns your house. Maybe you can get an ObamaHouse. You realize the private federal reserve has stakeholders from around the globe right? Am I just talking to the wall here or do you actually follow any of what I'm saying? All I see is lies and random throwaway lines coming out of your mouth..this thread isn't going very well for you.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Everyone knows muslim brotherhood = democracy.

One could have said the same things about the Whigs or Federalists..

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Just don't get laid off and miss a payment or a chinaman owns your house. Maybe you can get an ObamaHouse.

Wells Fargo would own my house....but I own 2 others which are paid....so what?

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Oh look he just compared the founding fathers to radical islam. Did liberal media teach you that the founding fathers were bad and that the government is God? Maybe what you were getting at in the OP is that a vote for Obama = a vote for big govt = a vote for God. See I can string shit together too. Slime.

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Wells Fargo would own my house....but I own 2 others which are paid....so what?

With 40 billion out of thin air going to the banks in exchange for the lein on your house that may not last very long tbh.

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh look he just compared the founding fathers to radical islam. Did liberal media teach you that the founding fathers were bad and that the government is God? Maybe what you were getting at in the OP is that a vote for Obama = a vote for big govt = a vote for God.

Who said they were bad? Although, being that there were at least a few people who supported staying with England maybe there was some animosity at the founding fathers....maybe a little...

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
So you dislike Obama because your misinformed......how is that any different than Hagee associating a vote for Romney as a vote for God?

^:lmao why is it so easy for Mavs>Spurs to get owned....man I need to get in on tha action

Nbadan
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
With 40 billion out of thin air going to the banks in exchange for the lein on your house that may not last very long tbh.

I like low growth and inflation.....give me 2% every year....

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh look he just compared the founding fathers to radical islam. Did liberal media teach you that the founding fathers were bad and that the government is God? Maybe what you were getting at in the OP is that a vote for Obama = a vote for big govt = a vote for God. See I can string shit together too. Slime.

If I were you I'd stop while behind only 100 pts..This Nbadan guy is killing you softly...

carry on I love seeing this...you don't have a clue and yet you persist...

mavs>spurs
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm not arguing with the homosexual laker fan troll of a spur fan. Homeland Security is a way better troll than this one tbh.

Koolaid_Man
10-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I like low growth and inflation.....give me 2% every year....

Hey you may not know this about the moron (Mavs>Spurs) you're arguing with but he just got a job last month...and he's earning as a community college grad about 35k/ yr...he's like Joe the Plumber...making 40k/yr with fanciful dreams he'll hit the 250k mark someday

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-17-2012, 08:17 PM
So you liked Gaddafi?
Gaddafi was a secular leader who kept terrorism out of Libya and made Libya more modern than it ever was/would have been. I'll take Gadaffi's secular dictatorship over a country run by radical clerics.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Geez, m>s with the full barrage of Alex Jones throwaway lines with some good ol' racism thrown in.

lol completely missing the point that radical Islam rose in no small part due to secular dictators.

DMC
10-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Any belief system that invokes a sense in the numinous and specifies a lifestyle that reflects that sense is no different than any other. Sane adults who profess a belief in the supernatural have no business being in charge of nation. People want to issue a pass to Christianity and it's bastardizations with the excuse that it's a passive belief, that followers won't act on those beliefs in times of crisis. So in essence what is being said is those who are being chosen to lead don't have courage of their convictions and that they are prone to say things for effect and will never actually do what their professed belief indicates they should.

Then we bitch about liars in politics.

DMC
10-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey you may not know this about the moron (Mavs>Spurs) you're arguing with but he just got a job last month...and he's earning as a community college grad about 35k/ yr...he's like Joe the Plumber...making 40k/yr with fanciful dreams he'll hit the 250k mark someday

ES is back in the political forum. The prodigal son has returned.

Nbadan
10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
http://images.christianpost.com/full/56141/church-in-the-valley.jpg

.That marquee standing outside a non-denominational church has become the talk of the town in Leakey — about 90 miles northwest of San Antonio.

The Church in the Valley is run by Pastor Ray Miller. Miller declined an interview but did say the sign was solely his idea. He said he changes the sign weekly and this isn't the first bold statement to be displayed.

The pastor said he feels strongly about the upcoming presidential election and feels the message on the marquee speaks for itself.

Since it is a church, it is classified as a non-profit organization. That means, by law, it can not endorse a political candidate... (Video in article)

DMC
10-20-2012, 12:55 AM
http://www.says-it.com/images/page/churchsigns/photos/God%27s-favorite-word-is-come.jpg

ploto
10-20-2012, 08:58 AM
How about Billy Graham - who up until yesterday had Mormonism listed on his website list of cults. Apparently politics beats out actual beliefs.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed language labeling Mormonism a “cult” from its website after the famed preacher met with Republican nominee Mitt Romney and the association pledged to help his presidential campaign...

Romney met with Graham and his son, Franklin, in the elderly evangelist’s North Carolina home. After the meeting Graham said he was impressed by Romney’s business career and his strong moral convictions.

According to Romney campaign spokesman Rick Gorka, Graham told the Republican nominee, “I’ll do all I can to help you.” Romney later held a campaign rally in nearby Asheville.

Meanwhile, however, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s website continued to call Mormons members of a “cult” along with Unitarians, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Scientologists, Spiritists and members of the Unification Church.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/19/3875016/billy-grahams-site-scrubs-mormon.html

boutons_deux
10-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Neoconservative Jingoism Plus Mormon Delusion Equals Perpetual War

The danger to our military families posed by having a man in the White House whose knowledge of the world seems to only extend to avoiding military service, tax shelters, investing in Chinese sweat shops and a stint as a missionary in France, comes from the fact that to be a good Mormon one has to be jingoistic and combative about foreign policy.

If Romney is a good Mormon he also believes that anyone endorsing models of life outside of Mormon/American xenophobic boundaries is warned in the Book of Mormon in (2 Nephi 10:16) as follows:

"And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles. And I will fortify this land (the USA) against all other nations. And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God. For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish..."

In other words from the Mormon "perspective" too bad for the country or person who embraces non-US models of government outside the United States. Too bad for those unaware of the "fact" that they are "fighting against God and His Zion" if they disagree with American policy. And since those not like us are fighting against God when they take on America then naturally they must be dealt with very harshly.

For Mormons no rules of history apply to America. Foreign affairs are a theological statement, not a pragmatic fact-based exercise. In fact America has an obligation to not be bound by any international law let alone to learn from history.

In No Apology: The Case for American Greatness (http://www.amazon.com/No-Apology-Case-American-Greatness/dp/B0045JK6EC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350562239&sr=1-1&keywords=No+Apology%3A+The+Case+for+American+Great ness), Romney writes: "I am one of those who believes America is destined to remain, as it has been since the birth of the republic, the brightest hope of the world."

Translation: Romney is yet another neoconservative shill for nationalistic adventurism but with a ramped-up Mormon twist. Romney's two books, No Apology and Believe in America, tell us that only a "strong America" can make the world safer and more prosperous.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/neoconservative-jingoism-plus-mormon-delusion-equals-perpetual-war?paging=off

Most of Gecko foreign policy advisers are hard-core neocons spoiling to go after Iran (aka: Iran's oil), militarily, not just diplomatically or financially.

boutons_deux
10-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Christians delisting Mormonism, Inc from their list of cults.

Billy Graham's Romney Endorsement Backfires -- 'Mormonism Is a Cult' Meme Could Reach Millions

designations of Mormonism as non-Christian or a "cult" are extremely offensive to Mormons. According to (http://mormonvoices.org/422/cult-a-classic-false-claim) the Mormon Voices website,

"Use of such a term [cult] to describe Mormonism is highly offensive to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "Cult" carries the connotation of dangerous, even violent groups whose beliefs are irrational and whose practices are immoral and lawless (Koresh and the Branch Davidians, Heaven's Gate, Aum Shinrikyo, and The People's Temple are all prominent examples) . The term cannot be applied to Mormons unless it is so broadly defined that its use could be applied to virtually any religious body.

Like racist language, the use of the word "cult" to describe a religion usually tells us very little about the religion, but a great deal about the person using the word."

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/brucewilson/billy-grahams-romney-endorsement-backfires-mormonism-cult-meme-could-reach?page=entire%2C1

Like Wall St execs, uh pitiful victims, whining about being called "fat cat bankers", Mormons, Inc Can't Handle The Truth that Mormon, Inc is a weird, fringe, made-up NON-Christian, anti-Biblical cult. Joe Smith "found" some more books to complete the Bible? :lol

Nbadan
10-26-2012, 12:46 AM
magine for a moment that Barack Obama had never attended Jeremiah Wright’s church in Chicago and had decided to attend services, and proselytize for, a black separatist, nationalist church that refused to allow whites to participate in crucial religious services because white people had been condemned by God for their iniquity in the ancient past and had been for ever marked white so black Americans would know instantly to keep their distance. In fact, the definition of white in this black supremacist church was just one drop of white blood in a black person. It was Nazi-like in its racist precision and exclusion. Whites were denied the rites that made a person a full member of the church. Even blacks with a tiny strain of white DNA were kept from full participation.
Imagine further that backing this racist church was not a youthful folly on Obama’s part, but a profound commitment – that he went on a mission abroad to convert Christians to a new religion based on black racial supremacy, and has often said that the most important thing in his entire life to this day is a church whose sacred scripture declares white people to be cursed by God for their past sins – and the sign of this curse is their white skin.
A simple question: Do you think this issue would not come up in a general election or a primary? If Obama was subjected to news cycle after news cycle of clips of Obama’s actual former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, can you imagine the outrage if Obama had actually been a part of a black supremacist church – that denied whites equal access to the sacraments – for over a decade in his adult life?
I raise this because it is a fact that Mitt Romney belonged to a white supremacist church for 31 years of his life, went on a mission to convert Christians and Jews and others to this church, which retained white supremacy as a doctrine until 1978 – decades after Brown vs Board of Education, and a decade after the end of the anti-miscegenation laws.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/tonyjones/2012/10/24/let-me-repeat-mitts-mormonism-matters/

Also, in 1978, the D.O.J. threatened to end it's tax-exempt status

If the L.D.S. Church continued to 'ban' blacks from it's temples and priesthood (I.e. 'going to the 'right' heaven and being able to be God's in/on their own planet, being 'sealed' for eternity to their (Earthly) families, etc.).

Things changed in a hurry then.

I''ve even read where white "Saints" would deliberately donate as much blood as they could to individually hurry along blacks and Native Americans to quickly become "white and delightsome" (as specified in at least one of their Bibles as the mark of being worthy to be Holy to God.)
This, at least in Utah, was a pretty common thing.

I just wonder if white women's blood was able to perform the same miracle... probably not, as no woman of any color can attain the priesthood even now in the L.D.S. Church, while men of color have been able to since 1978.

Wild Cobra
10-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Were you a fly on the wall, and have factual evidence?

Even if Gaddafi was involved back then, he wasn't the same man shortly before his death as he was back then. We interfered with a civil war that lead to even more deaths than if we stayed out of it. The people are less free today than before. Libya may no longer be the most prosperous nation in Africa.

Wild Cobra
10-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Gaddafi was a secular leader who kept terrorism out of Libya and made Libya more modern than it ever was/would have been. I'll take Gadaffi's secular dictatorship over a country run by radical clerics.
I agree. At least Libya was on a path that could have lead to democracy. Not likely now.