PDA

View Full Version : LOL...Damn, Romney was right...

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Obama really does have Cayman Trusts and Chinese investments in his pension account...:lol

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/oct/17/mitt-romney/romney-says-obama-also-has-investments-chinese-com/

ElNono
10-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Was there any doubt?

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I honestly thought he was bullshitting and just trying to deflect Obamas talking point...

Mitt Romney
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Obama really does have Cayman Trusts and Chinese investments in his pension account...:lol

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/oct/17/mitt-romney/romney-says-obama-also-has-investments-chinese-com/

But don't forget that my Trust is much, much bigger and that I still own 51% of Bain Capital. Greed is good my friend.

Mitt Romney
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I honestly thought he was bullshitting and just trying to deflect Obamas talking point...

I never BS.

z0sa
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol pretty funny if not entirely ironic since its just his pension.

ElNono
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM

The problem for Romney is that he's the one playing the "tough on China" card. All that said, I'm pretty sure neither get to pick where their retirement funds invest money at.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 01:28 PM
The problem for Romney is that he's the one playing the "tough on China" card. All that said, I'm pretty sure neither get to pick where their retirement funds invest money at.

I'll agree with that.

rjv
10-18-2012, 01:46 PM
neither one has any intention of "getting tough" on china. romney himself said he even wants more free trade and i'm sure he'll continue to grant subsidies to off shore companies. romney also endorses the TPP pacific rim free trade policy (as does obama) and he mentions nothing of NAFTA which has cost even more american jobs than free trade with china has (approximately 3 million).

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 01:58 PM
"neither get to pick where their retirement funds invest money at."

I'm VERY SURE felony tax evader Gecko, and his team of tax consultants and his high-net-worth mgmt bankers, know where his hidden wealth is stashed overseas.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
I had no doubt about it being true. This will be a big sting when liberals/democrats see in more and more in the news and political commercials. This is what they have been trained to hate.

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
I had no doubt about it being true. This will be a big sting when liberals/democrats see in more and more in the news and political commercials. This is what they have been trained to hate.

You gotta be kidding. he gets a pass. "He doesn't make decisions for the Illinois pension system"

Th'Pusher
10-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Didn't Romney pull this same little gotcha trick with Newt in the primaries? Pretty much anyone with a diversified 401k or Ira is going to have investments in a Chinese company. Obama got no tax advantage from his Cayman island account. There is no doubt Romney did.

ElNono
10-18-2012, 02:21 PM
You gotta be kidding. he gets a pass. "He doesn't make decisions for the Illinois pension system"

And that would be a true statement.

ploto
10-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Let's see:

Buying out companies, laying off US workers, and shipping their jobs to China

is somehow equivalent to

Having a state-run pension that owns mutual fund shares that have foreign investments

ElNono
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
^ AFAIK, Romney's investments in China are no different than Barry's.

rjv
10-18-2012, 02:35 PM
indirectly, wasn't this romney's way of saying you have no right to complain about free trade to china if you buy TV's from wal-mart ?

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Let's see:

is somehow equivalent to

Having a state-run pension that owns mutual fund shares that have foreign investments
That's what happens when US policy makes it cheaper to buy foreign goods. Don't blame those who see it and make money that way. If not them, someone else would have. Blame the policy makers that allowed it to happen.

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
That's what happens when US policy makes it cheaper to buy foreign goods. Don't blame those who see it and make money that way. If not them, someone else would have. Blame the policy makers that allowed it to happen.

That's all fine and dandy but let's not pretend the concept is incredibly ethical nor has it ever been.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:51 PM
That's all fine and dandy but let's not pretend the concept is incredibly ethical nor has it ever been.
You only hear the bad from your liberal keepers. Most of their venture capitalist investments did in fact save the companies. Companies that would have failed without someone taking a chance.

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:52 PM
You only hear the bad from your liberal keepers.

:lol Do I live in a zoo?

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 02:54 PM
:lol Do I live in a zoo?
Probably.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
"US policy makes it cheaper to buy foreign goods."

what policy is that and what policies would you replace it with?

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Probably.

a8ZSdicyD2Y

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 03:02 PM
"US policy makes it cheaper to buy foreign goods."

what policy is that and what policies would you replace it with?
Really?

I have made several points over the years. If you are not going to remember a single one, should I waste my time repeating myself? And to you? Someone who always does nothing more than act like a troll?

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Really?

I have made several points over the years. If you are not going to remember a single one, should I waste my time repeating myself? And to you? Someone who always does nothing more than act like a troll?

Do You Own Research

ElNono
10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Really?

I have made several points over the years.

I'm pretty sure you suggested tariffs on imported goods, among other things. Is that a tacit admission that the free market shouldn't be free when it favors China?

CosmicCowboy
10-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Let's see:

is somehow equivalent to

I keep hearing this "shipped jobs to china" accusation. Has anyone come up with a specific example of jobs being shipped to China by Bain while Romney was running Bain? BTW Obamas job czar, Jeffrey Immelt has shipped a shitload of jobs to China.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 10:11 PM
CC...

Liberals don't care about the truth.

They can't handle the truth!

DMC
10-18-2012, 11:36 PM
We need a poor president. Someone who invested in America and lost it all in Enron or some other scam.

Wild Cobra
10-19-2012, 12:05 AM
We need a poor president. Someone who invested in America and lost it all in Enron or some other scam.
Why would we want someone that stupid?

WARRIORNATION
10-19-2012, 12:40 AM
obama has done nothing but add almost 6trillion to the national dept!!! obama had the house and senate his 1st 2 years in office and did nothing for jobs or the economy!!! wake the f-up folks! obama took a bad economy and made it worse! fast and furious scandal, the Benghazi continuing cover-up etc.... give someone else a chance to get this country straight!

Latarian Milton
10-19-2012, 12:54 AM
^ great point! its true that dude took over a huge mess of shit from the bush administration but instead of doing something good to mitigate the troublesome situation, he sat on it and blamed bush for everything.

Jacob1983
10-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Obama can't blame the drone attacks on Bush because that is all Obama. Obama uses drones. Bush used waterboarding. However, Obama is a hero. The same people that bashed Bush for the war in Iraq blindly support Obama even though he's Bush on steroids when it comes to fighting the war on terror.

DMC
10-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Why would we want someone that stupid?

Sarcasm

Why bash people who made good investments? However, why bash a country and a system when you are investing personally in both?

DMC
10-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure you suggested tariffs on imported goods, among other things. Is that a tacit admission that the free market shouldn't be free when it favors China?

Imposing tariffs /= not free market

China has imposed tariffs on imported goods.

China /= free market

DMC
10-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Do You Own Research

Coming from someone who's every other post is a regurgitated article :lmao