PDA

View Full Version : DOMA ruled unconstitutional - again

MannyIsGod
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
:( :( :( Judicial activism :( :( :(

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/18/justice/new-york-appeals-court-doma/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Th'Pusher
10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Supreme Court to decide this session?

z0sa
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
There's no way it is constitutional. None. Christians need to get over it already and look to their Bibles:

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Jacob1983
10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Why not just let marriage be a state and local issue?

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Boner and Repugs made it a Federal issue.

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
It automatically becomes a federal issue, by constitution. At least I believe that is the interpretation.

Article. IV.

Section. 1.

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Section. 2.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

MannyIsGod
10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Because the constitution provides every citizen with equal protection above the rights of states.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Because the constitution provides every citizen with equal protection above the rights of states.

'zactly.

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM

'sceptin homos.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Why not just let marriage be a state and local issue?Why involve government in marriage at all?

Wild Cobra
10-18-2012, 04:01 PM
That's what we need to do. Get government out of marriage, and other aspects of out private lives.

dbestpro
10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
The solution lies in the government, both federal and state, getting out of the marriage business. All unions at the state and fed level should be considered a civil union. Marriages should be rituals performed in churches. If you belong to a gay church and you are wed under the beliefs of that church, then so be it. To do this any other way will always infringe the religious beliefs of one over another. By the government not recognizing anything but civil unions it fixes the constitution issue, as well.

boutons_deux
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
"By the government not recognizing anything but civil unions it fixes the constitution issue"

The French laugh at this American childish theatre. They get married in Church (or not), which isn't recognized and then get married before a civil authority for legal recognition. Everybody's happy, God and Caesar.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
"By the government not recognizing anything but civil unions it fixes the constitution issue"

The French laugh at this American childish theatre. They get married in Church (or not), which isn't recognized and then get married before a civil authority for legal recognition. Everybody's happy, God and Caesar.

Oh good. Something else the french think that I don't give a flying fuck about.

mavs>spurs
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
big win for some of you guys in this thread

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Why involve government in marriage at all?

this. marriage is a religious institution.

TeyshaBlue
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
this. marriage is a religious institution.

The legal fences around marriage, ie taxes and benefits seem to pull the Fed into the process.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
The legal fences around marriage, ie taxes and benefits seem to pull the Fed into the process.

Yeah. It is a widespread cultural institution. I can see the necessity given the joint raising of children.

MannyIsGod
10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
big win for some of you guys in this thread

Yup. Its a big win for any American who supports equal rights. :lol homophobic child.

DMX7
10-18-2012, 08:27 PM

Why not just let slavery be a state and local issue?

mavs>spurs
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Yup. Its a big win for any American who supports equal rights. :lol homophobic child.

homosexual obese sycophant

FuzzyLumpkins
10-18-2012, 08:34 PM

you posture so much as being an macho alpha male that you come across as a weak beta homosexual. if you weren't so blatant it wouldn't come across as as much of an act.

MannyIsGod
10-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Try harder. Maybe it'll work!

Latarian Milton
10-19-2012, 01:01 AM
marriage is a federal issue because of interstate marriages which are very common these days, and which would otherwise be impossible due to the discrepancies of marriage laws between different states.

Jacob1983
10-19-2012, 02:21 AM
The only reason why homos want to be able to get married is because of money. They want the same tax breaks and handouts that straight married couples. It's not about equality. If it was about equality, homos would support polygamy. Homos are just butt hurt(yep, I said it) because they are not getting tax breaks, handouts, and benefits from Uncle Sam.

I laugh when people use the "slavery should be an issue for the states" argument when someone says that marriage and abortion should be left up to the states. Slavery would never get on a ballot in America, bitch.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2012, 04:03 AM
The only reason why homos want to be able to get married is because of money. They want the same tax breaks and handouts that straight married couples. It's not about equality. If it was about equality, homos would support polygamy. Homos are just butt hurt(yep, I said it) because they are not getting tax breaks, handouts, and benefits from Uncle Sam.

I laugh when people use the "slavery should be an issue for the states" argument when someone says that marriage and abortion should be left up to the states. Slavery would never get on a ballot in America, bitch.

They want the same thing but its not about equality?

boutons_deux
10-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Jacob is vet, explains a lot.

Jacob1983
10-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Homos are hypocrites and borderline bigots if they gladly support gay marriage but look down on and don't support polygamy. Homos are suppose to be for equality and tolerance. I don't see equality and tolerance if they look down on polygamy and polygamy enthusiasts.

Spurminator
10-19-2012, 11:49 PM
The only reason why homos want to be able to get married is because of money. They want the same tax breaks and handouts that straight married couples. It's not about equality.

It seems like you're trying the Troll thing but you're only marginally good at it. Consider that my way of giving you the benefit of the doubt and not taking you for a really stupid person.

ChumpDumper
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
So Jacob is either against equality or for bestiality.

Jacob1983
10-20-2012, 01:11 AM
It's 2012, brah. Do whatever makes you happy. I was just saying that gay people just want tax breaks, benefits, and handouts from Uncle Sam just like straight people get if they ar married. I say give them that shit and that be the end of it. No more bitching about marriage and the family unit.

ChumpDumper
10-20-2012, 03:37 AM
It's 2012, brah. Do whatever makes you happy. I was just saying that gay people just want tax breaks, benefits, and handouts from Uncle Sam just like straight people get if they ar married. I say give them that shit and that be the end of it. No more bitching about marriage and the family unit.So you're for gay marriage, you just want to bitch about gays for no particular reason.

Trainwreck2100
10-20-2012, 05:47 AM
So you're for gay marriage, you just want to bitch about gays for no particular reason.
he's most likely saying give them what they want but don't call it marriage

Jacob1983
10-21-2012, 04:24 AM
I'm saying that on the contracts or legal documents, it can be labeled as "marriage" but don't expect every American to accept two homos as a married couple. Yes, it's harsh and bigoted but it's true. I don't give a shit if homos get married but in my mind when I picture a wedding, I view a man as the groom and a woman as the bride. If that makes me a minion of Satan, then guilty as charged. Besides, a marriage is a contract to begin with. The only reason why most people get married is because of legal shit and benefits. They want their piece of the pie.

ChumpDumper
10-21-2012, 05:14 AM
I'm saying that on the contracts or legal documents, it can be labeled as "marriage" but don't expect every American to accept two homos as a married couple. Yes, it's harsh and bigoted but it's true. I don't give a shit if homos get married but in my mind when I picture a wedding, I view a man as the groom and a woman as the bride. If that makes me a minion of Satan, then guilty as charged. Besides, a marriage is a contract to begin with. The only reason why most people get married is because of legal shit and benefits. They want their piece of the pie.So much straw....

Edward
10-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I like how Gaycob claims to not care about gay marriage yet every post of his about gay marriage is laced with angry diction that makes it obvious the thought of gay marriage makes him sick.

MannyIsGod
06-26-2013, 10:15 AM
And again.