PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scout "Perversion" Files Released

ploto
10-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Again and again, decade after decade, an array of authorities — police chiefs, prosecutors, pastors and local Boy Scout leaders among them — quietly shielded scoutmasters and others accused of molesting children, a newly opened trove of confidential papers shows.

At the time, those authorities justified their actions as necessary to protect the good name and good works of Scouting, a pillar of 20th century America. But as detailed in 14,500 pages of secret "perversion files" released Thursday by order of the Oregon Supreme Court, their maneuvers allowed sexual predators to go free while victims suffered in silence...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas/article/Perversion-files-show-locals-helped-cover-up-3960532.php#ixzz29iRvtIr0

Wild Cobra
10-19-2012, 12:06 AM
The controversy over their release is that most of these are unsubstantiated allegations, and amount to many innocent people being slandered.

ploto
10-19-2012, 09:28 AM
The controversy over their release is that most of these are unsubstantiated allegations, and amount to many innocent people being slandered.

Defending the pedophiles. I bet you were a boy scout.

TeyshaBlue
10-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Defending the pedophiles. I bet you were a boy scout.

I was. I find this incredibly sad and repulsive.

WC has a bit of a point. There's alot of unfiltered data in those files.

boutons_deux
10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
WC in general always defends the institution, the organization, over the individuals in the organization. Right-wingers in general, esp the JINO SCOTUS, are similar. They love to talk about freedom or liberty, but they demand abolute conformity to the establishment. Any true free thinking, or any challenge to the establishment, is subversive, is to be criminalized or, even better, crushed.

Just like the Catholic church, the (Boy Scout) organization (its predatory pedophile scout leaders) was much more important than any individual (Boy Scout). The similarities are astounding, and predictable.

What organization will be exposed next? Girl Scouts?

Halliburton, the US military, just rape away, the victim becomes the criminal, the organization must survive (and pay for you own rape kit).

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
The collusion with law enforcement is shocking. WTF?

ploto
10-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Just like the Catholic church, the (Boy Scout) organization (its predatory pedophile scout leaders) was much more important than any individual (Boy Scout). The similarities are astounding, and predictable.

I try really hard not to think this way, but I can not help but notice this in male-dominated institutions, like Penn State football.

DMC
10-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I try really hard not to think this way, but I can not help but notice this in male-dominated institutions, like Penn State football.

Most institutions have historically been male dominated. Name a few female dominated institutions.

ploto
10-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Most institutions have historically been male dominated. Name a few female dominated institutions.

Convents. I am curious to know if there is the same abuse perpetrated by and covered up by nuns. Would Mother Superior respond the same way? I do not know.