PDA

View Full Version : Al Smith Dinner

TheMACHINE
10-19-2012, 12:09 AM
MSNBC: "wha! wha! Romney was too mean! wha!":(

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2012, 06:07 AM
:lol

Romney was funnier. Which in itself was hilarious considering the hundreds of millions the Obama campaign has spent trying to paint him as this boring, stiff, out of touch rich guy.

ploto
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
From what I have seen, Romney mostly made fun of Obama while Obama could actually make fun of himself and Romney, but I have not seen it all.

I thought this was pretty funny:

"After my foreign trip in 2008, I was attacked as a celebrity because I was so popular with our allies overseas. I have to say, I'm impressed by how well Governor Romney has avoided that problem." — Obama

DarrinS
10-19-2012, 09:25 AM
From what I have seen, Romney mostly made fun of Obama while Obama could actually make fun of himself and Romney, but I have not seen it all.

I thought this was pretty funny:

"After my foreign trip in 2008, I was attacked as a celebrity because I was so popular with our allies overseas. I have to say, I'm impressed by how well Governor Romney has avoided that problem." — Obama

Funnier (if not somewhat creepier)

I particularly want to apologize to Chris Matthews. Four years ago, I gave him a thrill up his leg. This time around, I gave him a stroke.

TeyshaBlue
10-19-2012, 09:25 AM
"I went shopping in some stores in mid-town today. Governor Romney went shopping for some stores in mid-town today." -Obama.:lol

CosmicCowboy
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I watched it live. That one fell flat. You don't talk about stroking a guy in a room full of priests.

mercos
10-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I thought Obama's opener was his best. "Everybody take your seats before Clint Eastwood starts yelling at them!"

TheMACHINE
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I thought Obama's opener was his best. "Everybody take your seats before Clint Eastwood starts yelling at them!"

But his delivery sucked.

TheMACHINE
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Double post

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
:lol

dbestpro
10-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Humor is a great way to start to try to get people on the same side................................As long as they don't try to keep score.

Wild Cobra
10-21-2012, 03:34 PM

Did you see the difference at the 2008 dinner?