PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best SGs in the league

irishock
10-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I can think of electrifying D-Wade, silky smooth James Harden, all-around vet Manu Ginobili, and money-shot Monta Ellis.

elemento
10-19-2012, 04:09 PM
You forgot Eric Gordon and JJ tbh.

rayjayjohnson
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
ellis has too many downsides to be top tier.

purplengold
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
sg spot weak as fuck, ppl dun create shots well today n that was da thing that made sg what it was. justa undersized ppl or people thata drive to the basket mo than doin mid-range.

InRareForm
10-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Eric Gordon top ppg for SG this year.

Raven
10-19-2012, 05:18 PM
while they are good in some things, like creating their own shot, i don't like the bryant and ellis type of sg so the rankings ae debatable... while the first place has obviously been in Wade's hand for years now, i'd say the next are Ray Allen, Manu and Harden.

Koolaid_Man
10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I can think of electrifying D-Wade, silky smooth James Harden, all-around vet Manu Ginobili, and money-shot Monta Ellis.

This is all that matters to me..

Dwight
Kobe
Pau
Nash
Artest

stop being mad about it guy...we scored Dwight and Nash....get over it...enjoy your team and let me enjoy mine

purplengold
10-19-2012, 06:02 PM
This is all that matters to me..

Dwight
Kobe
Pau
Nash
Artest

stop being mad about it guy...we scored Dwight and Nash....get over it...enjoy your team and let me enjoy mine

wat team he got?

Koolaid_Man
10-19-2012, 06:15 PM
wat team he got?

my bad..dat maggot don't got no team no moe

Latarian Milton
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
most niggas quit playing as SG in their early teens seeing MJ dominating the shit out of the league at this position

AussieFanKurt
10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
:lol Harden.

Bynumite
10-19-2012, 08:15 PM

Chokers and TOSBs. I can see why you didn't include Kobe in that group of players tbh.

rayjayjohnson
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
my bad..dat maggot don't got no team no moe
you are such a faggot

JohnnyMax
10-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Kobe or Wade

They have been considered top 5 players for most of their careers

Leetonidas
10-20-2012, 01:57 PM
lol at Lakerfan still parroting the term "TOSB" :lol considering the Lakeshow has 3 of them in the starting lineup...

baseline bum
10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
1. Dwyane Wade
2. James Harden
3. Eric Gordon
4. Joe Johnson
5a. Ray Allen
5b. Rapist ballhog

Chris
10-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Gary Neal
Mike Miller off the bench

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 04:01 PM
lol at Lakerfan still parroting the term "TOSB" :lol considering the Lakeshow has 3 of them in the starting lineup...

:lol

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 04:03 PM
1. Cornerstone
2. D-Whistle
3. Joe Johnson
4. Ray Allen
5. Big Shot Billups

Chris
10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
JJ Barrea :lol

LakaFan
10-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Spurs fans sure were riding on Harden's dick after the WCFs and now... :lol

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 07:42 PM
1. Cornerstone
2. D-Whistle
3. Joe Johnson
4. Ray Allen
5. Big Shot Billups
who the fuck is cornerstone?

TimDunkem
10-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Wade
Kobe
E. Gordon
Ginobili
J. Johnson
Harden
Ellis
Allen
Jamal Crawford
....uh....Ben Gordon?!

The SG position is definitely weak in today's NBA.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
1. D-wade
2. Harden
3. Manu
4. Kobe
5. who gives a shit

Harden will take the number one spot this year

irishock
10-20-2012, 08:00 PM
who the fuck is cornerstone?

Kobe Bryant.

irishock
10-20-2012, 08:07 PM
1. D-wade
2. Harden
3. Manu
4. Kobe
5. who gives a shit

GTFO Thunder fan

Bryant #4? WTF is that. We're talking TOP SGs, not GOAT Bench warmers

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Kobe Bryant.

cornerstone of what? the prosecutors' case?

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 08:17 PM
1. D-wade
2. Harden
3. Manu
4. Kobe
5. who gives a shit

'Thunder Up' is right there with 'Go Pack, Go' as the lamest rally call tbh

racm
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Sounds like something from P:lolwer Rangers, tbh :lmao

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:26 PM
GTFO Thunder fan

Bryant #4? WTF is that. We're talking TOP SGs, not GOAT Bench warmers

Stop letting your bitterness from the relocation of the supersonics cloud your judgement.

This thread is for current times. Not the last 5-10 years.

My list stands. And it's better than yours.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Thunder up is an awesome rally call. Why do you think we have the best homecourt? Thunder up, baby. Thunder up. You don't know what it feels like to go to a basketball game until you attend a Thunder home game.

The Nuggets homecourt can't hold a candle to the Thunder homecourt. These are things that are well known.

racm
10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Thunder up is an awesome rally call. Why do you think we have the best homecourt? Thunder up, baby. Thunder up. You don't know what it feels like to go to a basketball game until you attend a Thunder home game.

The Nuggets homecourt can't hold a candle to the Thunder homecourt. These are things that are well known.

When your competition for major sports in the entire state is....

what, the Sooners? :lmao :lmao

No wonder a hick state like yours latched onto the monkeyballer and the Al-Qaeda sleeper agent.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:33 PM

No wonder a hick state like yours latched onto the monkeyballer and the Al-Qaeda sleeper agent.

Keep the attempted insults flowing. So much for being a class organization with classy fans. Spurfans are as obnoxious as they come.

Too bad the hurt will continue this year and the next and the next. It's the end of the line for you guys.

TimDunkem
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM

:lol

Latarian Milton
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
beard nigga ain't a top SG by any means tbh.

racm
10-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Keep the attempted insults flowing. So much for being a class organization with classy fans. Spurfans are as obnoxious as they come.

Too bad the hurt will continue this year and the next and the next. It's the end of the line for you guys.

Class doesn't win you rings, tbh. Nasty does.

I don't recall any Thunder player willing to trip or hipcheck an opponent. It took Joey Crawford enacting Lord Stern's orders for you to get to the Finals, all because his darling KD had a movie coming out :cry

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Son, your crowd is a bunch of old white people, tbh..... Utah, Portland, LAC have WAY better homecourts, tbh....

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Class doesn't win you rings, tbh. Nasty does.

I don't recall any Thunder player willing to trip or hipcheck an opponent. It took Joey Crawford enacting Lord Stern's orders for you to get to the Finals, all because his darling KD had a movie coming out :cry

lol you still think the Thunder were gifted a finals berth? Beating the spurs four straight games and getting to the finals and it's because of Stern. Keep crying a river.

racm
10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
lol you still think the Thunder were gifted a finals berth? Beating the spurs four straight games and getting to the finals and it's because of Stern. Keep crying a river.

Osama bin Harden didn't call all those offensive fouls and non-calls on the goaltends, tbh... but hey, if the league can hype up the second coming of Mark Eaton by calling goaltends as blocks, sure why not.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Son, your crowd is a bunch of old white people, tbh..... Utah, Portland, LAC have WAY better homecourts, tbh....
You obviously are talking out of your ass. You're getting that perception simply because all you do is watch Thunder games on TV. Come to a game. That'll change your perception.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Osama bin Harden didn't call all those offensive fouls and non-calls on the goaltends, tbh... but hey, if the league can hype up the second coming of Mark Eaton by calling goaltends as blocks, sure why not.

If its rigged why do you keep watching? As a matter of fact, why do you care about the Spurs seeing as that they won't get to the finals due to rigged contests?

Stop crying.

racm
10-20-2012, 08:54 PM
If its rigged why do you keep watching? As a matter of fact, why do you care about the Spurs seeing as that they won't get to the finals due to rigged contests?

Stop crying.

I'm still waiting for Chimpbrook to win a Finals MVP against LeBron James. How about that?

thunderup
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm still waiting for Chimpbrook to win a Finals MVP against LeBron James. How about that?

Sure. Whatever floats your boat. Continue to try to be a fan. But don't bitch about it.

Latarian Milton
10-20-2012, 09:11 PM
not sure about the stern's involvement in the games but a thunder vs. heat series was definitely more interesting to watch than a series between spurs and heat would tbh.

racm
10-20-2012, 09:13 PM
not sure about the stern's involvement in the games but a thunder vs. heat series was definitely more interesting to watch than a series between spurs and heat would tbh.

Mostly because the Thunder would have provided the prerequisite monkeyball...

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 10:14 PM

son, The Can is right up there with that dumbass named arena of yours.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Mostly because the Thunder would have provided the prerequisite monkeyball...

What the hell is monkeyball?

thunderup
10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
son, The Can is right up there with that dumbass named arena of yours.

Chesapeake Arena is an applicable name given the area and state.

Pepsi center, on the other hand, :lmao

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 10:18 PM
:lmao named after a major source of pollution

racm
10-20-2012, 10:30 PM
:lol at thunderfan for not knowing what Clay Bennett's buddies even do to make money
rayjayjohnson: I heard The Can's a pretty fun place.

thunderup
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Clay Bennett is a self-made, respected man.

Don't know about all the hate.

rayjayjohnson
10-20-2012, 10:55 PM
:lol at thunderfan for not knowing what Clay Bennett's buddies even do to make money
rayjayjohnson (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19589): I heard The Can's a pretty fun place.

wouldn't know myself, being in another country, but thinking of making a stop there next year

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Clay Bennett is a bitch-made, resented man.

fify

racm
10-20-2012, 11:51 PM
wouldn't know myself, being in another country, but thinking of making a stop there next year

Yeah, I was thinking of putting Denver, CO on my to-visit list if I go to the USA... next to NYC, SA, and Ohio

rayjayjohnson
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
NYC is my second favourite city in the world. It's a fucking wonderland there.

TDMVPDPOY
10-21-2012, 12:16 AM
joe johnson is one overrated hack that keeps on appearing on alot of posters top5 SG list, i dont get whats so good about his game for a clown who was earning on a max contract who didnt deliver

racm
10-21-2012, 12:20 AM
joe johnson is one overrated hack that keeps on appearing on alot of posters top5 SG list, i dont get whats so good about his game for a clown who was earning on a max contract who didnt deliver

Because he's the only other guard who pads stats in the Leastern Conference?

DMC
10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
If Kobe mattered as a SG, the Lakers wouldn't have acquired Pau and Howard. Kobe is the name, but as far as being effective in winning games, he's probably more of a detriment than an asset. Otherwise his surplus shot attempts wouldn't be an issue with the team. I expect a lot of "what I've done" talk from him this year instead of "what I am doing" talk.

purplengold
10-21-2012, 11:41 AM
that like sayin if jordan matter as sg then bulls wouldn't getta pippen

DMC
10-21-2012, 11:44 AM
that like sayin if jordan matter as sg then bulls wouldn't getta pippen

If the Bulls went out and got Hakeem, Bird and maybe a Joe Dumars, then I would say Jordan didn't matter enough to merit his addition to best SGs since he's not being effective enough to make positive impact.

However, we are now seeing Wizards Kobe, not Bulls Kobe.

purplengold
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Pippen make a huge impact on bulls team lead by one person so sayin it knock against Kobe ta get gasol be dumb because lakers just be 1 man team until gasol added. Kobe old n not age too well so lakers not building around him anymo n dat don't mean he dun matter but that lakers building alongside him instead of under

by yo logic Manu never mattered becuz of how good duncan is

Latarian Milton
10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
If Kobe mattered as a SG, the Lakers wouldn't have acquired Pau and Howard. Kobe is the name, but as far as being effective in winning games, he's probably more of a detriment than an asset. Otherwise his surplus shot attempts wouldn't be an issue with the team. I expect a lot of "what I've done" talk from him this year instead of "what I am doing" talk.
its never a bad thing to have as many superstars on your team as you can possibly have, as long as they don't include cancers like marbury and kobe is by no means a marbury-style player despite his ego. lakers were a marginal playoff team when kobe was the only star player on this team, while pau's record might be even worse knowing he hadn't even won a single game in the playoffs during his memphis tenure