PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Yankees go from here?

NYsportsfan
10-19-2012, 04:15 PM
I am curious to know what you guys think the Yanks need to do next given their current situation.

The Yankees are in a rough spot. They don't have anyone to take over the reigns as captain when Jeter retires (lol Cano) and they have some nasty long terms deals they are currently stuck with.

1.) Trade Arod to Miami and offer to pay 95% of that hideous deal. His time with NY is done.

2.) Let Nick Swisher walk. His postseason performances say enough.

3.) Get rid of Curtis Granderson.

4.) Resign Ichiro/Kuroda to 1 year deals along with other players to those types to ride out the farewell season for Jeter/Rivera and possibly Pettite. After the rest of the core 4 members are gone a year from now, the Yanks will have to really start over.

5.) Resign Soriano. This is a no brainer.

6.) Let Robinson Cano play out the final year of his deal. After his pathetic display this postseason, his future with the Yankees could be in doubt. He doesn't always hustle and give it his all. He is a talented player who can hit, but he doesn't go all out like Jeter. He will be 30 years old soon and was learning under Jeter, so he has no excuse. This is not the guy to lead the Yanks.

Their starting pitching is actually pretty damn good and could be better if Nova improves and Pineda gives a shit. The bullpen is rock solid so it all hinges on them keeping Soriano. This is one area the Yanks are in excellent shape. This is all I could think of off the top of my head.

symple19
10-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I sincerely hope a small meteor strikes their facility in Fla during spring training when everyone, including the front office, is there.

AussieFanKurt
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Don't care about NY, its great to see a team with such a massive payroll sucking so badly. Even the A's took it to five games vs the Tigers with a $49mil payroll.

I'm sure they will make drastic changes most likely on impulse and not logic

Reck
10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Dont really care where they go from here but you obviously have no clue of what you're talking about.

All your points are down right retarded.

Reck
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't care about NY, its great to see a team with such a massive payroll sucking so badly. Even the A's took it to five games vs the Tigers with a $49mil payroll.

I'm sure they will make drastic changes most likely on impulse and not logic

Changes on impulse? wtf

NYsportsfan
10-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Dont really care where they go from here but you obviously have no clue of what you're talking about.

How are they retarded?

Reck
10-19-2012, 08:49 PM
How are they retarded?

You want to get rid of every player that makes the Yankees good for starters. And you want to keep someone who is at the tail end of his career.

Ichiro will only get you hits here and there. He's not a player you should put any stock on, specially to carry you through rough patches.

If they let Cano leave the Yankees that will be one move they will live to regret. I can promise you that.

They had a shitty postseason, get over it.

And lol Nova and Pineda.

Seriously do you want me to keep going? Did you just recently started watching Baseball? Serious question..

Chris
10-19-2012, 08:52 PM
They might actually have to utilize a farm system like most teams do, but I doubt it. Yankees will always cherry pick talent across the MLB and offer them copious amounts of money. It's a system that works for them, and it will
always work until there is a salary cap.

NYsportsfan
10-19-2012, 09:08 PM
You want to get rid of every player that makes the Yankees good for starters. And you want to keep someone who is at the tail end of his career.

Ichiro will only get you hits here and there. He's not a player you should put any stock on, specially to carry you through rough patches.

If they let Cano leave the Yankees that will be one move they will live to regret. I can promise you that.

They had a shitty postseason, get over it.

And lol Nova and Pineda.

Seriously do you want me to keep going? Did you just recently started watching Baseball? Serious question..

A shitty postseason? How about last year? Arod/ Swisher/Granderson etc are swing for the fence type of players. I would rather take my chances on a bunch of young kids than go with a team that will have 5 bats guaranteed to choke. Did you just follow baseball? You realize homerun or bust players fail in the postseason, right? I said to keep Ichiro/Kuroda for 1 year since they actually showed up. Also since Jeter and Rivera will be around 1 more year, I wouldnt mind keeping 2 other postseason performers. Cano is a lazy fuck who relies on talent and not on effort. His performance in this postseason is unacceptable. The fact that he outchoked Arod and Swisher is a disgrace. If Cano had Paul O'Niel's mindset, he wouldn't have batted like he did this year. He wouldn't jog to first base when he should be hustling. I don't want someone who has effort issues. I watched the games, so I would know. You only look at the stat sheets. No wonder why so many people shit on you.

lefty
10-19-2012, 09:14 PM
We buy titles (but not this year lol )

you mad ?

Reck
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
A shitty postseason? How about last year? Arod/ Swisher/Granderson etc are swing for the fence type of players. I would rather take my chances on a bunch of young kids than go with a team that will have 5 bats guaranteed to choke. Did you just follow baseball? You realize homerun or bust players fail in the postseason, right? I said to keep Ichiro/Kuroda for 1 year since they actually showed up. Also since Jeter and Rivera will be around 1 more year, I wouldnt mind keeping 2 other postseason performers. Cano is a lazy fuck who relies on talent and not on effort. His performance in this postseason is unacceptable. The fact that he outchoked Arod and Swisher is a disgrace. If Cano had Paul O'Niel's mindset, he wouldn't have batted like he did this year. He wouldn't jog to first base when he should be hustling. I don't want someone who has effort issues. I watched the games, so I would know. You only look at the stat sheets. No wonder why so many people shit on you.

Yup, butthurt response from a noob. Nuff said.

BTW I live in New York and often watch them play. Check some of my prediction about the Yankees on this section and just stfu.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2012, 09:40 PM
well this is a random thread, a noob that starts in the mlb forum

NYsportsfan
10-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Yup, butthurt response from a noob. Nuff said.

BTW I live in New York and often watch them play. Check some of my prediction about the Yankees on this section and just stfu.

Using the noob card as a comeback. Real nice. You are the dumbass suggesting they keep Arod (has been worthless in the postseason sans 2009), Swisher (2 for 37 with RISP), Granderson (declining, strikes out a lot, batted .230 with his long ball approach), Cano (batted worse than all the above hitters, blowing bubble gum bubbles before going to bat during this postseason, laughing and joking during the ALCS, etc). Then you say Pineda ( Didn't even throw a pitch for the yanks) and Nova (inconsistent but will be entering his 3rd year) are done when they have room to grow. Why is resigning Soriano retarded? Who else are they going to get to replace Rivera when he retires, jackass?

I want hitters who do all the little things like bunt, single, work the count, advance the runner etc. The Yankees have been missing that since 2001. Maybe if your dumbass watched the games, you would know this.

Reck
10-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Using the noob card as a comeback. Real nice. You are the dumbass suggesting they keep Arod (has been worthless in the postseason sans 2009), Swisher (2 for 37 with RISP), Granderson (declining, strikes out a lot, batted .230 with his long ball approach), Cano (batted worse than all the above hitters, blowing bubble gum bubbles before going to bat during this postseason, laughing and joking during the ALCS, etc). Then you say Pineda ( Didn't even throw a pitch for the yanks) and Nova (inconsistent but will be entering his 3rd year) are done when they have room to grow. Why is resigning Soriano retarded? Who else are they going to get to replace Rivera when he retires, jackass?

I want hitters who do all the little things like bunt, single, work the count, advance the runner etc. The Yankees have been missing that since 2001. Maybe if your dumbass watched the games, you would know this.

So you are a retard, a shitty troll and cant read.

Nice combo.

I didn't say keep AROD. I talked about your stupid bulletpoints being idiotic, which they are btw.

I talked about you saying the Yankees should let Cano expire, I talked about Nova reaching his peak which he has, I talk about Ichiro not being the go to guy etc. All which are valid points.

How long do you need to wait for a pitcher to reach his peak? If Nova hasn't gotten his shit together by now he wont at all. This is called the Major Leagues for a reason.

If you want to see bunts and boring shit like that then go watch the National League, jackass.

I'm done with you.

NYsportsfan
10-19-2012, 10:33 PM
I talked about you saying the Yankees should let Cano expire

I don't see you coming to his defense when I call him a lazy, heartless fuck who relies on talent on not effort. You just say letting him expire would be retarded.

I talked about Nova reaching his peak which he has, I talk about Ichiro not being the go to guy etc. All which are valid points.

How long do you need to wait for a pitcher to reach his peak? If Nova hasn't gotten his shit together by now he wont at all. This is called the Major Leagues for a reason.

Cliff Lee is an example. R.A Dickey is another. Some pitchers take longer than others. Nova is only in his 2nd year. Oh, and I never called Ichiro a go to guy, dumbass. I said resigning him to a 1 year deal only wouldn't be a bad move. I also trust his bat way more than Granderson's or Swisher's.

If you want to see bunts and boring shit like that then go watch the National League, jackass.

Bunts and boring shit like that helped win the Yankees 4 titles in 5 years from 96-00, dumbfuck. You and your love for homerun baseball which ALWAYS fails in the postseason. That type of baseball is a winning strategy. You call me out for not knowing anything, then say liking homerun baseball is the way to go. You are a fucking moron.

NYsportsfan
10-20-2012, 11:46 AM

I didn't say keep AROD. I talked about your stupid bulletpoints being idiotic, which they are btw.

I'm done with you.

You also contradicted yourself there, dumbass. Typical of you to say you are done with this argument when you are backed into a corner. Next time you want to call me out for knowing something about my team, you should just shut the fuck up and not look like a dumbass in the process. And you wonder why so many on this board think you are a dumbfuck of a poster.

Reck
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
You also contradicted yourself there, dumbass. Typical of you to say you are done with this argument when you are backed into a corner. Next time you want to call me out for knowing something about my team, you should just shut the fuck up and not look like a dumbass in the process. And you wonder why so many on this board think you are a dumbfuck of a poster.

Is like glutton for punishment over here.

I certainly didn't contradict myself because I never once mentioned anything about Rodriguez, rather I talked about the Yankees as a team. And I specifically mentioned ONLY Ichiro, Cano, Nova, Pineda in that ordered.

And I see you also implied that I love "Homerun Baseball."

How many other idiotic shit are you going to spew? Where in here did I say anything about liking homeruns over something else? Retarded, shitty troll, cant read and a pretentious fuck.

Just stop it ok, you're not worth anybodies time here. Do yourswelf a favor and hop on your original username and give up the trolling business because you are pathetic at it.

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Is like glutton for punishment over here.

I certainly didn't contradict myself because I never once mentioned anything about Rodriguez, rather I talked about the Yankees as a team. And I specifically mentioned ONLY Ichiro, Cano, Nova, Pineda in that ordered.

And I see you also implied that I love "Homerun Baseball."

How many other idiotic shit are you going to spew? Where in here did I say anything about liking homeruns over something else? Retarded, shitty troll, cant read and a pretentious fuck.

Just stop it ok, you're not worth anybodies time here. Do yourswelf a favor and hop on your original username and give up the trolling business because you are pathetic at it.

:lol just stop it

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:21 PM
:lol just stop it

You're now entering massive butthurt status. :lol

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:23 PM
You're now entering massive butthurt status. :lol

:lol only thing butthurt around here is a red sox fan trying to get attention in the majors

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
:lol only thing butthurt around here is a red sox fan trying to get attention in the majors

Just a few days ago you didn't even know I was a Red Sox fan. You found out I was a Red Sox fan and you go on a massive butthurt raging rant. :lol

:lol Jealous of my team for being succesfull and having more rings recent and otherwise while you have to settle for championships Tigers won when you weren't even born most likely.

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Just a few days ago you didn't even know I was a Red Sox fan. You found out I was a Red Sox fan and you go on a massive butthurt raging rant. :lol

:lol Jealous of my team for being succesfull and having more rings recent and otherwise while you have to settle for championships Tigers won when you weren't even born most likely.

:lol admitting as a Sox fan after detroit fan points out he has more cards to play with than the yanks
:lol lack of self-esteem

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
:lol admitting as a Sox fan after detroit fan points out he has more cards to play with than the yanks
:lol lack of self-esteem

:lol Not knowing when to give up
:lol Cant handle facts so goes for personal attacks
:lol talking about low self esteem and making a butthurt thread about me and the Red Sox
:lol Damaged psychic

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
:lol Not knowing when to give up
:lol Cant handle facts so goes for personal attacks
:lol talking about low self esteem and making a butthurt thread about me and the Red Sox
:lol Damaged psychic

:depressed

Clipper Nation
10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
The Yanks should really consider gutting their payroll and using the low-cost Moneyball system from now on, tbh....

AussieFanKurt
11-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Kuroda worth $15m?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8657316/hiroki-kuroda-new-york-yankees-agree-one-year-deal