View Full Version : Romnesia

ploto
10-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Great set up for the final punch line.

8BBEXB1Wf9c

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I thought Romneys response was more effective

Romney said. “The Obama campaign has become the incredible shrinking campaign. This is a big country with big opportunities and great challenges, and they keep on talking about smaller and smaller things.”

Riddler
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM

lol not really. Obama finally did what his campaign aimed to do this whole time. Call Romney out for his flip flops, effective tag him as someone who'll say anything but will take a different position often.

Riddler
10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
http://twitter.com/search/%23Romnesia

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 11:27 AM
lol not really. Obama finally did what his campaign aimed to do this whole time. Call Romney out for his flip flops, effective tag him as someone who'll say anything but will take a different position often.

In other words, play to the base with two weeks left...smart?

boutons_deux
10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
In other words, play to the base with two weeks left...smart?

Gecko's shifting, contradicting positions on everything except "I'm Entitled To Be President" are his own doing, have nothing to do with Barry playing to Barry's base.

Confronting Gecko on his variable positions, not evolving since he switches in every direction, and policies and LIES is simply good politics.

And since when is any politician playing to his VOTING/FINANCING base something negative?

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
:lmao

And :lol at Willard's horrid, unfunny attempt at responding to that ether, tbh.... he should have pulled a Drake and just pretend it never happened...

jack sommerset
10-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Obamaboloney. God bless

Juggity
10-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Damn, I love that preexisting condition line :lol

Whoever wrote this speech was pretty clever.

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 01:39 PM
And since when is any politician playing to his VOTING/FINANCING base something negative?

If you're an incubent and you have to make an effort appeal to the base two weeks before the election, well it isn't a positive thing.

Th'Pusher
10-20-2012, 01:43 PM
If you're an incubent and you have to make an effort appeal to the base two weeks before the election, well it isn't a positive thing.

How is calling Romney a flip flopped playing to his base? Obama had been painting him as an extreme conservative, until the first debate when Romney did an about face which has dictated a change in messaging to a flip flopped. Not sure how that is playing to his base though.

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 02:02 PM
How is calling Romney a flip flopped playing to his base? Obama had been painting him as an extreme conservative, until the first debate when Romney did an about face which has dictated a change in messaging to a flip flopped. Not sure how that is playing to his base though.

Doing an old tired Jeff Foxworthy schtick is only going to appeal to the base. Real undecideds (the ones he should be going after) respond more to positive message about the next 4 years not comedy routines. It's amazing to me that Obama hasn't put forth a positive agenda for the future to get undecides to swing his way. It can be complete bullshit but anyone who is still undecided at this point is dumb enough to fall for whatever sounds good to them.

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 02:58 PM
ploto you should just stop posting unless it's a pic of your tits tbh

DarrinS
10-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Big bird
Binders
Romnesia

Serious campaign

Riddler
10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Big bird
Binders
Romnesia
Serious campaign
Voter Suppression. Serious campaign.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Posturing and downplaying by red team aside, this is well played by Obama's campaign.

Once you get past the fact that the US electorate is not very bright or interested in details this wraps the issue in something easy to consume with a catchy tagline, "Romnesia." Romney has been all over the place and even red team knows this because not one red teamer has gone and pointed out any of the 6 or so specific incidences of "Romnesia" were incorrect. Romney changes his positions as much as you or I change our clothes.

You can try and downplay this as insignificant but in a campaigning environment where issues are secondary to character then trust is at or near the top of important character traits. Obama has a slick packaged indictment of Romney's trustworthiness that he can invoke in 3 syllables. This also is not limited to his base. You think independents don't care that Romney vacillates on his positions?

And of course Romney tries to downplay it like it's significant but really Obama has made a full term of not doing what he said he would. Romeny's inept campaign dropped the ball on that one too.

Are the Romnesia ads out yet? I want to see Darrin and the red teamers gnash their teeth.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Big bird
Binders
Romnesia

Serious campaign
Having to buy voting machines in certain states to make it a somewhat close election
Cheating his way to the nomination
Switching his entire platform based on the audience

Serious campaign

Riddler
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM

BTW, you know the Romnesia was a damn effective line when the Romney campaign doesn't even deny it.

InRareForm
10-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Pretty good.

ChumpDumper
10-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Doing an old tired Jeff Foxworthy schtick is only going to appeal to the base. Real undecideds (the ones he should be going after) respond more to positive message about the next 4 years not comedy routines. It's amazing to me that Obama hasn't put forth a positive agenda for the future to get undecides to swing his way. It can be complete bullshit but anyone who is still undecided at this point is dumb enough to fall for whatever sounds good to them.It's amazing to me that you don't know negative campaigning works.

Romnesia is a win. A small win, but it has a good beat and people can dance to it.

Drachen
10-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I smiled at the romnesia line, I laughed a little at the big finish. Thought it was clever.

SA210
10-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Just another stupid catch-phrase that diverts attention from real issues like poverty, war crimes, NDAA, etc. Of course the people bit. lol

Riddler
10-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Just another stupid catch-phrase that diverts attention from real issues like poverty, war crimes, NDAA, etc. Of course the people bit. lol

Oh yeah? Diverts people from the issue of a multiple choice candidate?

mavs>spurs
10-21-2012, 11:35 AM
calling him "Robme" is a lot better than this shitty saying

boutons_deux
10-21-2012, 11:55 AM
RomneyDon'TCare for his own health plan to replace ObamaCare was brilliant and true.

Drachen
10-21-2012, 12:20 PM
doesnt flow well, is not brilliant.

boutons_deux
10-21-2012, 12:36 PM
doesnt flow well, is not brilliant.

... describing your own thought processes?

Drachen
10-21-2012, 03:25 PM
LOL, ok, BD, I guess you think it does flow well. Good for you.

Drachen
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
calling him "Robme" is a lot better than this shitty saying

Robme is good too, but it doesn't really address the subject of his back and forth positions on the same subject.

boutons_deux
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
It's INFECTIOUS!

Rubio Develops ‘Romnesia’ While Trying To Explain Romney’s Position On Contraception (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10/21/1055041/rubio-defends-romney-contraception/)

RUBIO: Well, I think that’s a general statement about most employers. But there are a handful of employers that have conscientious objections to it, like the Catholic Church. No one is talking about contraception or preventing people from gaing access to contraception.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10/21/1055041/rubio-defends-romney-contraception/

TX Repugs have declared they are waging war on contraception

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2012, 06:02 PM
It's INFECTIOUS!

Rubio Develops ‘Romnesia’ While Trying To Explain Romney’s Position On Contraception (http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10/21/1055041/rubio-defends-romney-contraception/)

RUBIO: Well, I think that’s a general statement about most employers. But there are a handful of employers that have conscientious objections to it, like the Catholic Church. No one is talking about contraception or preventing people from gaing access to contraception.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10/21/1055041/rubio-defends-romney-contraception/

TX Repugs have declared they are waging war on contraception

why do you link tp here bout? It loses you credibility. it's like you don't even consider your audience when you post. Posting things from that source gives everyone the same credibility as someone posting Fox News gives it to you: it gets tuned out. You get nothing but ridicule and you do the opposite of persuade. What is your goal here?

boutons_deux
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
why do you link tp here bout? It loses you credibility. it's like you don't even consider your audience when you post. Posting things from that source gives everyone the same credibility as someone posting Fox News gives it to you: it gets tuned out. You get nothing but ridicule and you do the opposite of persuade. What is your goal here?

Are you claiming that TP misquoted Rubio to make him look like he doesn't know WTF nor Gecko can keep their contraception, etc stories straight?

GFY

ploto
10-21-2012, 10:51 PM

The irony about the whole situation that brought alot of this to a head is that in the case of Georgetown University -- the employees whose insurance is actually at least partly paid for by the university have contraception coverage while the students who are required to pay for this insurance themselves do not have it.

In San Antonio, many Catholic institutions actually provide contraception coverage in their health insurance benefits already, including a large Catholic Hospital system.

Jacob1983
10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Isn't this kind of ironic for Obama? He's calling out Romney for flip flopping and for being similar to Dubya yet Obama is similar to Bush and has done a lot of the same things that Bush did as president. Bush used water boarding. Obama uses drones. Bush used the Patriot Act. Obama uses the Patriot Act and the NDAA. Obama has used more executive orders in his first term than Bush used in his 1st term. Barry, come on. Cut the bullshit and man up to your failures and mistakes. You have served Bush's 3rd term and are hoping to serve the 4th term of Bush.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Isn't this kind of ironic for Obama? He's calling out Romney for flip flopping and for being similar to Dubya yet Obama is similar to Bush and has done a lot of the same things that Bush did as president. Bush used water boarding. Obama uses drones. Bush used the Patriot Act. Obama uses the Patriot Act and the NDAA. Obama has used more executive orders in his first term than Bush used in his 1st term. Barry, come on. Cut the bullshit and man up to your failures and mistakes. You have served Bush's 3rd term and are hoping to serve the 4th term of Bush.

That's why in the other thread I said that Romney's campaign dropped the ball. He tried to downplay it but elections these days are about character and personality with aissues a distant thrid. In that type of environment, trust is huge. Well, that means it is significant. What would have served Romney better was to say that Obama has no business talking about changing positions and then making the laundry list of his failed campaign promises.

Instead the only thing Romney brings up is the budget deficit and thats not a hard counter: tax cust and two wars one of which obama ended. At the end of the day, Romney's campaign is terrible.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Are you claiming that TP misquoted Rubio to make him look like he doesn't know WTF nor Gecko can keep their contraception, etc stories straight?

GFY

No, that's not what I am saying, loon. What I am saying is that your citation regardless of content is counterproductive. You would be better served finding another report on the speech and making the argument yourself. Thinkprogress just brings you ridicule. I am trying to give you suggestions on making a more compelling case.

Jacob1983
10-22-2012, 01:35 AM
This last debate is going to be a joke because Romney and Obama basically have the same foreign policy.

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 05:16 AM
No, that's not what I am saying, loon. What I am saying is that your citation regardless of content is counterproductive. You would be better served finding another report on the speech and making the argument yourself. Thinkprogress just brings you ridicule. I am trying to give you suggestions on making a more compelling case.

Any ridicule from you and other assholes here I take as compliments, esp when you and others trash the source rather than respond to the source's bitch slapping Repugs and their paymasters.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 05:18 AM
This last debate is going to be a joke because Romney and Obama basically have the same foreign policy.

Except when it comes to trade which is what the most important portion of foreign policy. Also the rhetoric would be far different. Romney is GOP stooge and they are always on the sabre rattling tip. Obama is always being slammed for being conciliatory. He tries not to estrange Russia and China. The GOP has been doing that systemically since Reagan. Nixon via Kissinger were at least saavy if not ethical or moral.

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 05:22 AM
"trade which is what the most important portion of foreign policy"

Gecko won't do shit "day one" about China currency manipulation because US CoC and the UCA are vehemently against it.

And All War All The Time Everywhere, garrisoning the planet, has become much more important then actually selling stuff. US's biggest "trade" is capital flows, money games, not "stuff".

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Any ridicule from you and other assholes here I take as compliments, esp when you and others trash the source rather than respond to the source's bitch slapping Repugs and their paymasters.

then what is your purpose here? mental masturbation? for all my dickishness at least i attempt to make what i say compelling to the intellect. you are pretty much a douchebag that talks to himself and then gets up in arms when people make fun of you for it.

its like when i said what you are doing os the same as the local 'conservatives' posting shit from fox news. you don't give that any credence regardless of content. I am just saying that people do that for your shit too. you get comments about it from multiple people everyday followed by ridicule. its not persuasive and i really do not see what the point is of you posting it.

no one is going to take you seriously while that site makes up half of your citations. change your news feed and look up your news rahter then being force fed it and then trying to forcefeed us.

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 08:52 AM
When I'm ridiculed by right-wingers, I know I'm right, because they're always wrong.

When some right-winger assholes want to fight me in person, I'm absolutely sure I'm right.

Keep it up, guys. Yr attention and encouragement is always welcome (and confirming!).

johnsmith
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Lol at Boutons thinking he's mocked for content of posts rather then him just being a douche......

Lol, no one likes you.

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Lol at Boutons thinking he's mocked for content of posts rather then him just being a douche......

Lol, no one likes you.

johnsmith, another dickless right-wing asshole who wants to fight me. :lol (and he wants my mother dead!)

johnsmith
10-22-2012, 10:57 AM
johnsmith, another dickless right-wing asshole who wants to fight me. :lol (and he wants my mother dead!)

I still wish you'd show me where I wanted your mother dead.....I mean, I'm glad she's gone and everything but I don't remember ever wishing it.

And you're the one that brings up fighting all the time.....I don't really get if you are wanting to or what?

And lol that still no one likes you.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
When I'm ridiculed by right-wingers, I know I'm right, because they're always wrong.

When some right-winger assholes want to fight me in person, I'm absolutely sure I'm right.

Keep it up, guys. Yr attention and encouragement is always welcome (and confirming!).

I'm not a right winger.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
I still wish you'd show me where I wanted your mother dead.....I mean, I'm glad she's gone and everything but I don't remember ever wishing it.

And you're the one that brings up fighting all the time.....I don't really get if you are wanting to or what?

And lol that still no one likes you.

petty much?