PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh -- Abortions are unnecessary to save the life of a woman

ploto
10-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Republican Rep. Joe Walsh told reporters Thursday that it is not necessary to perform an abortion on a woman to save her life.

"There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing, with advances in science and technology," Walsh said. "'Health of the mother' has become a tool for abortions anytime, for any reason.

Walsh, a freshman elected in 2010 with Tea Party support, is in a tight battle for re-election against Democrat Tammy Duckworth, a former Veterans Affairs official.

The Chicago Tribune said reporters asked whether Walsh was saying it is never medically necessary to conduct an abortion to save a woman's life and the congressman responded, "Absolutely."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/343668/3/Illinois-congressman-Life-of-mother-a-phony-excuse-in-abortion-debate

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-20-2012, 09:19 AM
This is just typical bible thumping tea party science :lol

"Rape victims get in the way of our pro-life agenda......lets come up with a theory where 'legitimate rape' never results in pregnancy!"

"The life of the mother being in jeopardy gets in the way of our pro-life agenda.......lets come up with a theory where technology makes it so the mother's life is never in jeopardy!"

Latarian Milton
10-20-2012, 10:51 AM
there're in fact many methods for rape victims to prevent themselves being impregnated, like contraceptive pills and douche, and the chance of pregnancy will be very small if they take this actions in time imho. they forfeited their rights to prevent it happening when they chose not to take any contraceptive measures at all after getting raped, like having unprotected sex with their BFs or husbands hoping they don't get impregnated unexpectedly.

Agloco
10-20-2012, 10:58 AM
smh. Some people get lost in the moment and suffer delusions of grandeur.

ChumpDumper
10-20-2012, 12:00 PM
there're in fact many methods for rape victims to prevent themselves being impregnated, like contraceptive pills and douche, and the chance of pregnancy will be very small if they take this actions in time imho. they forfeited their rights to prevent it happening when they chose not to take any contraceptive measures at all after getting raped, like having unprotected sex with their BFs or husbands hoping they don't get impregnated unexpectedly.You're a real hit with the ladies, aren't you?

boutons_deux
10-20-2012, 12:14 PM
"prevent themselves being impregnated, like contraceptive pills and douche,"

TX Repugs admit they War on Contraception (for poor women, not their wives and daughters).

douching is not a reliable contraceptive, even if EVER works at all.

sounds like your school had no sex ed other than "don't screw". :lol

Spurminator
10-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Dude should just stick to playing guitar and shut up about social issues.

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 01:46 PM
there're in fact many methods for rape victims to prevent themselves being impregnated, like contraceptive pills and douche, and the chance of pregnancy will be very small if they take this actions in time imho. they forfeited their rights to prevent it happening when they chose not to take any contraceptive measures at all after getting raped, like having unprotected sex with their BFs or husbands hoping they don't get impregnated unexpectedly.

Yeah these rape victims are such whiners. I wish these rape victims would take personal responsibility. They know they might get raped but don't bother to carry a rape douche on them at all times. Then instead of taking personal responsibility they take their anger out on the innocent rape babies.

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah these rape victims are such whiners. I wish these rape victims would take personal responsibility. They know they might get raped but don't bother to carry a rape douche on them at all times. Then instead of taking personal responsibility they take their anger out on the innocent rape babies.

how hard is it to go to the store on your way home from the police station and buy a fucking morning after pill :rollin

i'd even support government paid for morning after pills for rape victims wayyyyyyyyyyyy before i ever supported government paid for abortion. i ain't paying a couple g's for you to go be a slut and kill babies, but i'll sure support preventing such a shitty mother from ever conceiving one.

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 02:12 PM
i'd also support forced sterilization of women found to be in the country illegally who come in to have a baby. people don't realize how much money has been wasted over the years by 30-40 million anchor baby births at 15,000 cost per child. sterilization should also be a stipulation to qualify for government child assistance or claiming children to apply for food stamps.

some people just shouldn't be having children, i think this is something that everyone can agree on. let's try to nip it in the bud before killing a child who has already been conceived.

SnakeBoy
10-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I guess I should've used blue

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
my post took the sarcasm into account and addressed yours for what you really meant. they may not should carry rape douches, but seriously how hard is it to stop by the store on the way home from the police station and buy a morning after pill? same shit.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-20-2012, 04:09 PM
lol calling rape victims sluts

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 04:43 PM
i'm calling women who get fucked and have abortions sluts, not rape victims. it's pretty easy for a rape victim to get a morning after pill and not ever get pregnant from a rape tbh.

DMX7
10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
how hard is it to go to the store on your way home from the police station and buy a fucking morning after pill :rollin

i'd even support government paid for morning after pills for rape victims wayyyyyyyyyyyy before i ever supported government paid for abortion. i ain't paying a couple g's for you to go be a slut and kill babies, but i'll sure support preventing such a shitty mother from ever conceiving one.

lol, you ain't paying shit. Your poor ass is probably taking more from the gov than it is and ever will pay in.

dbestpro
10-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Pure idiot comment. Even if you believe this it is not something you say when you want to win a politcal office.

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
lol, you ain't paying shit. Your poor ass is probably taking more from the gov than it is and ever will pay in.

gmafb you've seen my paycheck? you know how much i'm going to make? i barely graduated college and i'm already doing just fine, if this interview with AIG goes well i'll be able to buy you within 5 years.

DMX7
10-20-2012, 05:57 PM
gmafb you've seen my paycheck? you know how much i'm going to make? i barely graduated college and i'm already doing just fine, if this interview with AIG goes well i'll be able to buy you within 5 years.

Better vote for those lower tax rates son because your big bad self is going straight to the 1%. :lmao

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
getting a half million dollar piece of commercial real estate willed to me eventually isn't a bad start, along with a degree and family connections in high places (think working directly for billionaires). yeah what i'm doing right now hasn't paid huge dividends yet because I've barely graduated and only put in about a month of work but give it time, it's a good entry level opportunity at a big company. why are you randomly insulting strangers on the internet whom you know nothing about and are probably more financially set than yourself anyway? just bored on a saturday?

Bartleby
10-20-2012, 08:17 PM
i barely graduated college

Not surprising.

Latarian Milton
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
i'd also support forced sterilization of women found to be in the country illegally who come in to have a baby. people don't realize how much money has been wasted over the years by 30-40 million anchor baby births at 15,000 cost per child. sterilization should also be a stipulation to qualify for government child assistance or claiming children to apply for food stamps.

some people just shouldn't be having children, i think this is something that everyone can agree on. let's try to nip it in the bud before killing a child who has already been conceived.
that would provoke the feminists even more tbh. any child born in the US is naturally granted US citizenship which's why the foreign bitches want to give birth to their children in the US, that needs to be fixed sooner rather than later imho

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM

I'd be in support of sterilizing you.

Agloco
10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
getting a half million dollar piece of commercial real estate willed to me eventually isn't a bad start, along with a degree and family connections in high places (think working directly for billionaires). why are you randomly insulting strangers on the internet whom you know nothing about and are probably more financially set than yourself anyway? just bored on a saturday?

Significant pieces of the puzzle were just filled in. This explains quite a bit about your takes in most of these threads and your generally shitty disposition towards various predicaments other people find themselves in.

Juggity
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
i'd also support forced sterilization of women

^ A good reason to discount every other opinion you hold :lol

rascal
10-20-2012, 11:05 PM
These guys should just stay away from making comments on abortion.

mavs>spurs
10-20-2012, 11:40 PM
^ A good reason to discount every other opinion you hold :lol

then keep spending your paychecks on illegal immigrants and her 15 kids faggot. at 15,000 a piece per birth and no health insurance.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 11:53 PM
:lol Devoted Alex Jones listener
:lol Somehow still thinks that the federal government should have the power to sterilize people

Jeff Van Gundy
10-21-2012, 12:20 AM
:lol at people taking m>s seriously. His political opinions are just as terrible as his basketball takes.

mavs>spurs
10-21-2012, 12:25 AM
:lol Devoted Alex Jones listener
:lol Somehow still thinks that the federal government should have the power to sterilize people

:lmao paul bot still crying like 6 months later bc ron paul didn't win the nomination, then makes fun of alex jones whom ron paul is ironically always coming on his show. how does that work? i wanted ron to win it too but you need to get over it tbh.

DMC
10-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Life's been good to him so far.

Spurs da champs
10-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Not surprising.
:lmao

Joe Walsh barely payed his child support & he wants to talk about saving kids? :nope

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Along with Walsh and other Repug Warriors on Women, which includes the War on Contraception (Repugs are obsessed with vaginas), there's this asshole:

"King, who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, criticized the seminal Supreme Court decision of Griswold v. Connecticut, which overturned a state ban on the sale of contraception.

As to whether he was “personally against” the sale of contraception, King said “I’ve not taken a position on the sale of contraceptives at all.” "

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/10/21/1056071/rep-steve-king-wont-say-if-he-believes-contraception-should-be-legal/

Mitt Romney
10-22-2012, 11:08 AM
getting a half million dollar piece of commercial real estate willed to me eventually isn't a bad start, along with a degree and family connections in high places (think working directly for billionaires). yeah what i'm doing right now hasn't paid huge dividends yet because I've barely graduated and only put in about a month of work but give it time, it's a good entry level opportunity at a big company. why are you randomly insulting strangers on the internet whom you know nothing about and are probably more financially set than yourself anyway? just bored on a saturday?

Give that willed property away and make it on your own like I did.

cantthinkofanything
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM

WOW. Just think what you could accomplish if you still had your foreskin.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
:lmao paul bot still crying like 6 months later bc ron paul didn't win the nomination, then makes fun of alex jones whom ron paul is ironically always coming on his show. how does that work? i wanted ron to win it too but you need to get over it tbh.
Tbh, Ron just takes pity on Alex J:lolnes.... prediction-wise and takes-wise, Ron is like a mix of TIMMY2ZO and timvp, and Alex J:lolnes is like Avante, tbh...

CitizenDwayne
10-22-2012, 11:51 AM
What do Glenn Frey and Don Henley think about abortion, though?

Trill Clinton
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
don't see how a woman can vote for the republican party, smh.

boutons_deux
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Romney Supports Woman’s Right to Choose What She Makes for DinnerWith just hours to go until the third and final Presidential debate, Republican nominee Mitt Romney today voiced his support “for a woman’s most precious right: to choose what she makes for dinner.”

In a bid designed to close the gender gap in the race, the former Massachusetts Governor pledged “on Day One” to give women full control over meal planning and preparation.

“Pot roast, meatloaf, duck a l’orange—as long as it’s piping hot and on the table when her husband comes home, I don’t care what a gal makes,” he told supporters.

Mr. Romney also unveiled his latest immigration proposal, which would allow immigrants to become citizens “by going to fight in Iran.”

The nominee’s campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, said that tonight Mr. Romney hopes to improve upon his performance in the second debate, in which he slipped and told the truth three times.

“That was surprising for Mitt,” he said. “But even Michael Jordan missed a layup now and then.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2012/10/romney-supports-womans-right-to-choose-what-she-makes-for-dinner.html#ixzz2A3GFd5Ub