PDA

View Full Version : Piston thanks and good bye (sort of)

JamStone
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, now that it's been a few days and it's a little more settled down in here, I thought I'd take the time to say thanks for the fun basketball discussions and having me and other Piston fans spend a little time on your message board. Kori Ellis and whoever else run this board, you all should be very proud of this site.

I will stop by from time to time, but in the boring summer months, I don't expect to come by too often, especially on another team's forum.

To SequSpur, ducks, and Tim_Duncan21, and those other Spurs fans who were so blatantly disrespectful of the Pistons before the finals began and during and after the first two games talking sweep and how the Pistons were the worst team the Spurs faced in the playoffs ... well, I hope the series opened your eyes a little bit. You get the last laugh, but in the future, if the Spurs are lucky enough to make more NBA Finals (and I'm sure they will), I hope you show a little more respect to the opposing teams you face in the Finals. Sometimes it's easy to take for granted the success. But, just remember, your team won't always make it.

Congratulations again, and hopefully, we can do this next year, and the next year, and the next ... Have a good summer enjoying the championship.

Experiment2100
06-26-2005, 10:38 PM
To SequSpur, ducks, and Tim_Duncan21, and those other Spurs fans who were so blatantly disrespectful of the Pistons before the finals began and during and after the first two games talking sweep and how the Pistons were the worst team the Spurs faced in the playoffs ... well, I hope the series opened your eyes a little bit.

Sequ's eyes were always open he just can't see. We gotta get him some phone books or a box.

whottt
06-26-2005, 10:50 PM
LOL Sequ trashes the Spurs worse than any does any opponent...that's just Sequ.

I am one of the ones that began to get disrespectul later in the series...mainly because I wasn't in the mood for intelligent discussion...and there were a butt load of Pistons fans here...My primitive territorial instincts got the best of me...especially after we lost game 6...I was no longer capable of unbiased intelligent discussion and was in flagwaving homer mode..

I can't speak for anyone else...but generally, people with good takes do well here regardless of their team, when it's not during a game 7 of the NBA finals...

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for posting. Hopefully you'll spend some time here this summer too. Draft, summer league, and free agency time is fun here.

slayermin
06-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Mad Props to the Pistons.

Regardless of whatever I posted in a drunken stupor, I have respect for Detroit and the Pistons. You guys never give up. The lesson the Spurs learned by playin a hardened team, like your team, is invaluable.

Pistons were a worthy champion and this years finals was probably the best ever. I would even say it was better than 83-84 finals, though I am probably being a bit of a homer if I claim that too loudly.

T Park
06-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Props to the PIstons.

Prob the best defending champion since the Bulls.