PDA

View Full Version : Heat: LeBron is better than Jordan

rayjayjohnson
10-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Hear me out.

MJ revolutionized the game. He was a once in a generation player. He inspired the next generation of kids, predominantly the African American community who possessed the physical gifts for the game. He made the NBA.

Thing is, the next generation, those kids he inspired to play ball, they're all in the league now, and LeBron is the cream of that special crop.

Think about who he played against:
- 91 Lakers, on the tail end of a dynasty with a bunch of soon-to-be retirees (much like today's Lakers)
- 92 Blazers, one good player
- 93 Suns, probably the best competition they had, but really built around an undersized PF
- 96 Sonics, Kemp was a flash in the pan, though this team underachieved.
- 97/98 Jazz, with the most criminally overrated PF in history, and a good PG, but PGs don't win shit. Same applies to the Sonics.

LeBron would have smoked at least 4 of those teams with his rubbish 07 Cavs team. And he's not even 30.

MJ was great, and he indirectly made Bron, as well as the league right now that is staaaacked with talent. LeBron is better than MJ, because of MJ.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2012, 04:24 AM
he benefited from mass propaganda marketing

dude played against bullshit SGs at his position...

rayjayjohnson
10-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Precisely.

The NBA now is reaping the benefits of that propaganda. Every kid I knew in white bread suburban Australia wanted to play in the NBA when Jordan was big. I can't imagine how big it was in the US

racm
10-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Son, he's the reason Nike has a stranglehold on :lobt: trophies, tbh...

TE
10-22-2012, 05:29 AM
This thread will get a lot of Kobe AND Lebron fanboys riled up.

rayjayjohnson
10-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Kobe isn't better than Jordan tho. Lebron is.

scanry
10-22-2012, 05:45 AM
This thread will get a lot of Kobe AND Lebron fanboys riled up.

Don't think so, every one is a Lebron fan right now and were MJ fans before. :lol

rayjayjohnson
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Everyone should be a Bron fan. He's a beast, amazing to watch and he's not a massive douche canoe like The Rapist

TE
10-22-2012, 06:20 AM
Kobe isn't better than Jordan tho. Lebron is.

Regardless, this site will still have some Kobe fanboys that will try to put Kobe into the conversation...a conversation he should not be part of

AussieFanKurt
10-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Everyone should be a Bron fan. He's a beast, amazing to watch and he's not a massive douche canoe like The Rapist

mate while he has been acceptable of late, he is overal a massive douche

Ace
10-22-2012, 06:58 AM
LeBron could end up being better than Jordan but definitely wouldn't say he is at this point. He has a lot of work to do before he can be considered in that conversion. He will improve from last year but how much is yet to be seen.

baseline bum
10-22-2012, 07:01 AM
LeBron is nowhere near as good as Jordan attacking the basket. The 07 Cavs would have only beaten one of those Jazz teams maybe, though his 2012 Heat would likely smoke everyone but the 96 Sonics (that'd be a really good matchup) and perhaps the 93 Suns.

lefty
10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Hear me out.

MJ revolutionized the game. He was a once in a generation player. He inspired the next generation of kids, predominantly the African American community who possessed the physical gifts for the game. He made the NBA.

Thing is, the next generation, those kids he inspired to play ball, they're all in the league now, and LeBron is the cream of that special crop.

Think about who he played against:
- 91 Lakers, on the tail end of a dynasty with a bunch of soon-to-be retirees (much like today's Lakers)
- 92 Blazers, one good player
- 93 Suns, probably the best competition they had, but really built around an undersized PF
- 96 Sonics, Kemp was a flash in the pan, though this team underachieved.
- 97/98 Jazz, with the most criminally overrated PF in history, and a good PG, but PGs don't win shit. Same applies to the Sonics.

LeBron would have smoked at least 4 of those teams with his rubbish 07 Cavs team. And he's not even 30.

MJ was great, and he indirectly made Bron, as well as the league right now that is staaaacked with talent. LeBron is better than MJ, because of MJ.

Still much better competition than Lebron ever faced

Old fart Celtics :lol
Chucking Thunder :lol
Losing to the overrated Magic in the ECF :lol
Losing to the M:lolvs :lol

And Lebron (well all the perimeter players nowadays) benefit from :

- no hand checking rule anymore : easier path to the basket

- the retarded defensive 3 second violation rule; big men were waiting for MJ in the paint once he was able to get past his defender despite the hand check ; now Lebrons, Kobez, Wadez, DUrantz can go to the basket without worrying about big men waiting for them

- The refs didnt blow the whistle back then; sure MJ benefited from a few calls here and there, but today he would avarage 50 FT's/game and average 75 ppg

God dam Rayrayjohnson you are so fucking retarded :lmao

purplengold
10-22-2012, 09:20 AM
bron gotta be betta than kareem, magic n bird before he betta than jordan. you insultin the greatness dat came before da goat

Bynumite
10-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I won't even mention Jordan's accolades and Finals performances. Sorry but a player with subpar footwork, post game and midrange game when compared to Jordan, can't be better than Jordan.

Yesterday, "Olajuwon is overrated". Today, "Lebron is better than Jordan". Can't wait for tomorrow to read another new and exciting thread, i suggest "Lebron is a better passer than Magic."

scanry
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
If Bron rings again (or maybe two), would you Lakers fanboys put him above Kobe though? I actually have him right behind Kobe right now and he's only 27, so he could very well end up with 4-5 Reg season MVPs and 2-3 Finals MVP.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2012, 09:52 AM
MJ revolutionized the game, and the Kang is RE-revolutionizing it.... he's gonna be the undisputed G.O.A.T. by the time he retires, tbh.......

Kidd K
10-22-2012, 10:11 AM
LeBron isn't better than Jordan. Vastly inferior scorer, inferior defender, a hell of a lot less clutch, but is a better passer and slightly better of a rebounder.

LeBron is also playing in a very weak eastern conference yet only has a single title to show for it. . .2 years after fleeing to Miami to play with the second best player in the eastern conference and a top 10 player from the conference.

Jordan, on the other hand, skull fucked the two best teams from the late 80's, and the two best rising teams of the early 90's, then the best team from both conferences for the late 90's. When Jordan had the ball late, you expected the Bulls to win. When LeBron has it, you only expect great things if he's playing a guy who he has a huge mismatch against. Jordan would destroy top defenders. LeBron gets shut down by them (a 37 year old Bruce Bowen annihilated LeBron on DEFENSE on the biggest stage of all, during an era where playing tough defense is penalized with fouls, not rewarded)

LeBron is nowhere near as good as Jordan attacking the basket. The 07 Cavs would have only beaten one of those Jazz teams maybe, though his 2012 Heat would likely smoke everyone but the 96 Sonics (that'd be a really good matchup) and perhaps the 93 Suns.

No way, those Jazz teams were very potent. I hated those Jazz teams, but if this is what people think now, then they have to go into the underrated category.

scanry
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM
LeBron isn't better than Jordan. Vastly inferior scorer, inferior defender, a hell of a lot less clutch, but is a better passer and slightly better of a rebounder.

LeBron is also playing in a very weak eastern conference yet only has a single title to show for it. . .2 years after fleeing to Miami to play with the second best player in the eastern conference and a top 10 player from the conference.

Jordan, on the other hand, skull fucked the two best teams from the late 80's, and the two best rising teams of the early 90's, then the best team from both conferences for the late 90's. When Jordan had the ball late, you expected the Bulls to win. When LeBron has it, you only expect great things if he's playing a guy who he has a huge mismatch against. Jordan would destroy top defenders. LeBron gets shut down by them (a 37 year old Bruce Bowen annihilated LeBron on DEFENSE on the biggest stage of all, during an era where playing tough defense is penalized with fouls, not rewarded)

No way, those Jazz teams were very potent. I hated those Jazz teams, but if this is what people think now, then they have to go into the underrated category.

All they (Spurs) had to do in 07 was collectively stop Lebron, which they did. Bowen was 35 to be exact and played great defense on Bron, but that was a bad team. Even Jordan couldn't get past the Pistons in the 80's and he had Pippen for those 3 years. Don't forget that 2004-2007 Pistons team still played great defense.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Still much better competition than Lebron ever faced

Old fart Celtics :lol
Chucking Thunder :lol
Losing to the overrated Magic in the ECF :lol
Losing to the M:lolvs :lol

And Lebron (well all the perimeter players nowadays) benefit from :

- no hand checking rule anymore : easier path to the basket

- the retarded defensive 3 second violation rule; big men were waiting for MJ in the paint once he was able to get past his defender despite the hand check ; now Lebrons, Kobez, Wadez, DUrantz can go to the basket without worrying about big men waiting for them

- The refs didnt blow the whistle back then; sure MJ benefited from a few calls here and there, but today he would avarage 50 FT's/game and average 75 ppg

God dam Rayrayjohnson you are so fucking retarded :lmao

the problem with the pathetic east, even the strong or contending teams have no business gettin their shit pushed back in during the earlier rounds of the playoffs, remember the celtics gettin pushed by the lame hawks to 6-7 game series...makes no fkn sense..

Kidd K
10-22-2012, 10:29 AM
All they (Spurs) had to do in 07 was collectively stop Lebron, which they did. Bowen was 35 to be exact and played great defense on Bron, but that was a bad team. Even Jordan couldn't get past the Pistons in the 80's and he had Pippen for those 3 years. Don't forget that 2004-2007 Pistons team still played great defense.

He was 36 actually, not 35. I was thinking of how old Bowen was against Kobe the next year in 2008. My mistake on that, but yeah, he wasn't 35. His birthday's June 14th, 1971. Game 4 was on June 14th, 2007, making him 36 to the day. I was a year off on his age, not 2.

TDMVPDPOY
10-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I won't even mention Jordan's accolades and Finals performances. Sorry but a player with subpar footwork, post game and midrange game when compared to Jordan, can't be better than Jordan.

Yesterday, "Olajuwon is overrated". Today, "Lebron is better than Jordan". Can't wait for tomorrow to read another new and exciting thread, i suggest "Lebron is a better passer than Magic."

u tellin me the stupid league and its propaganda media had no one to pushed for mvp, but to give it to the same guy for consecutive years?

Raven
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
he still has a lot to do before he can be compared to MJ, he's already far above bryant however.

Brazil
10-22-2012, 10:47 AM
great thread :tu will read it again

Ace
10-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Kidd k is a fucking idiot.

scanry
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
mate while he has been acceptable of late, he is overal a massive douche

Kobe, Garnett, Melo, Amare, Deron, Westbrook, heck even Wade. Now those players are egoistic douches. Cleveland is the only victim of Bron, but hey it's Cleveland.

Clipper Nation
10-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Bron is not a douche, he had terrible PR advice and said a few stupid things, it happens, tbh.... it's funny how he still gets more hate for a charity TV special than Food Stamps gets for demanding a trade on draft day, raping a chick, snitching on a teammate, blowing up the '04 Lakers single-handedly, crying for a trade on Stephen A.'s show, demanding on camera that the Lakers ship Bynum's ass out, etc.

Juggity
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Bron is not a douche, he had terrible PR advice and said a few stupid things, it happens, tbh.... it's funny how he still gets more hate for a charity TV special than Food Stamps gets for demanding a trade on draft day, raping a chick, snitching on a teammate, blowing up the '04 Lakers single-handedly, crying for a trade on Stephen A.'s show, demanding on camera that the Lakers ship Bynum's ass out, etc.

:tu

Bynumite
10-22-2012, 12:40 PM
The huge Chosen One tattoo on his back, Lebron's post Mavs Finals "People going back to their miserable lives" speech, announcing a trade on a 1+ hour tv special, quitting on the Cavs vs Boston in the 2nd round. Not 1, not 2, not 3 etc.

Just some of the douche moves by Lebron off the top of my head, but flopcityfan being a huge Lebron nuthugger will simply call those "terrible PR advice" :lmao

Clipper Nation
10-22-2012, 12:42 PM
:lol Crynumite
:lol Pretending that a tattoo and a TV special are the same as raping, snitching, crying for a trade on draft day, and throwing countless teammates and coaches under the bus
:lol Claiming that an injured LeBron quit against the Celtics while conveniently leaving out the time Food Stamps quit on his team against the Suns
:lol Whining about "not 1, not 2, not 3" but forgetting how Food Stamps guaranteed he would lead the league in scoring his rookie year, but ended up being a marginal bench player that season

Bynumite
10-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Not defending Kobe, just saying Lebron's a douche, that's it.

Juggity
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
The huge Chosen One tattoo on his back, Lebron's post Mavs Finals "People going back to their miserable lives" speech, announcing a trade on a 1+ hour tv special, quitting on the Cavs vs Boston in the 2nd round. Not 1, not 2, not 3 etc.

Just some of the douche moves by Lebron off the top of my head, but flopcityfan being a huge Lebron nuthugger will simply call those "terrible PR advice" :lmao

The thing about Lebron is that he has made an attempt to refute his own bad decisions and learn from them. If he could take back the things he said out of frustration after losing the 2011 finals, and if he could prevent himself from buying into the media hype that labeled him the "chosen one," you could plausibly see him doing so. That's just what great players do. They learn from their own mistakes.

Kobe, on the other hand, has done precisely the opposite. He doesn't apologize for his teamkilling behavior, and in fact over the years he has only grown more committed to that technique. Were it not for Lakers management, Kobe would be ringless. For the past 2 years, he has singlehandedly caused his team to fall out of the playoffs via volume shooting.

At this point, he's close to being more of a liability than an asset. He certainly was that in the immediate post-Shaq, pre-Gasol years, when he was allowed to be the team leader and failed miserably. I sincerely doubt that Lebron will ever get to the point where he becomes more of a liability than an asset — his passing and rebounding game is just too strong.

scanry
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
:lol Crynumite
:lol Pretending that a tattoo and a TV special are the same as raping, snitching, crying for a trade on draft day, and throwing countless teammates and coaches under the bus
:lol Claiming that an injured LeBron quit against the Celtics while conveniently leaving out the time Food Stamps quit on his team against the Suns
:lol Whining about "not 1, not 2, not 3" but forgetting how Food Stamps guaranteed he would lead the league in scoring his rookie year, but ended up being a marginal bench player that season

The goods tbh. :lol

Didn't know about the rookie year scoring thing. :wow

whitemamba
10-22-2012, 01:14 PM
rayjay- the most butthurt denver fan ive ever seen lol

scanry
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM

Fair enough. The players respect Kobe more than Lebron though, or atleast it was till last season. Now that he has rung, expect the a$$ kissing this coming season. Popovich will start the trend. He always does that, he did it to Shaq, Kobe, Nash, Dirk and now Lebron.

stretch
10-22-2012, 01:34 PM
It's hard to say he is flat out superior to MJ right now, but I think if someone were building a team, and had to choose whether to build the team around Lebron or MJ, I would have no issues with anyone taking Lebron before MJ. His size, versatility, and ability to dominate 4 different positions both offensively and defensively is something that no player has ever been able to do. And he is still getting better. If he continues developing his post game, and his jumper continues to become more consistent, then I don't think there is a doubt in my mind that he will be > MJ when it's all said and done.

Killakobe81
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Not yet but he's gaining on MJ but he needs to get close in titles. If Kobe got 6, I would still clearly favor MJ ... Same for Tim, Shaq etc. LeBron gets 6 he has a very strong case maybe with just 5

Clipper Nation
10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Didn't know about the rookie year scoring thing. :wow
Actually, I was wrong.... Food Stamps actually guaranteed that he would lead the Lakers in scoring AND be the best player in the league his rookie year.... :lmao

Agloco
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
MJ revolutionized the game. He made the NBA.

Brevity.....the soul of wit.

Malik Hairston
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Peak Jordan > Peak Lebron..91 or 92 Jordan, to be exact, is the only player that has a clear-cut advantage over 2012 Lebron IMO..

Jordan's killer instinct and aggressiveness was superior, as was his explosiveness and mid-range shooting touch..prime Jordan's post game wasn't as advanced as revisionist historians lead us to believe, the difference is negligible..as great as Lebron was in 2012, Jordan's metrics during his runs in 91 and 92 are mind-boggling, tbh..

James's defense was clearly better IMO, I'm surprised that there are many skeptics in that regard of the argument..Lebron anchored Miami's defense, while routinely guarding the opposing best player..while MJ was an elite defensive player, his sidekick was arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all-time..

Furthermore, having Phil Jackson as your coach, along with Tex Winter, is just a little more beneficial than Erik Spoelstra, tbh:lol..

Proxy
10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
So you're going to penalize MJ for not playing against as much talent as Lebron... but completely ignore the fact that Lebron is getting his hardware with an all-star team... good argument

irishock
10-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Both are equally as big of a douche, but Bryant is more fun to watch than LeBron. I'd take fundamental footwork over athletic dunks any day of the week.

HeatChamps
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Lebron is the better overall player. The game isn't just about how much you score. Lebron owns basicallly every other category to the game.

Tuddy
10-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Still cant shoot

Latarian Milton
10-22-2012, 09:57 PM
u guys tend to forget how good jordan was in his time and maybe you're all too young to watch him play actually? jordan could pretty much score at will despite double/triple team and i never saw personally lebron dominating the game the same way jordan did. bron might be stronger than MJ but is not nearly as quick and/or agile as him, and dude's low-post game is also overrated due to the fact that there aren't as many good low-post defenders in today's game as was in MJ's time.

daspurs
10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Im curious, Lebron made this faggot spoelstra looked good. Can you imagine had he had Phil Jackson as his head coach, Off rip in his third year in the league? You guys keep forgetting Jordan and Kobe had arguably the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson. Lebron has had Silas, Mike Brown and Spoelstra.. AND MADE THEM ALL LOOK GOOD!

scanry
10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Im curious, Lebron made this faggot spoelstra looked good. Can you imagine had he had Phil Jackson as his head coach, Off rip in his third year in the league? You guys keep forgetting Jordan and Kobe had arguably the greatest coach of all time in Phil Jackson. Lebron has had Silas, Mike Brown and Spoelstra.. AND MADE THEM ALL LOOK GOOD!

There's nothing to argue about that. Phil is the GOAT.

IMO, 1989 - 1998 Phil > 1999 - 2004 Phil > 2006 - 2011 Phil.

daspurs
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Your right. But people brush him off when talking about Kobe or MJ like he had no effect.

Sean Cagney
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
he benefited from mass propaganda marketing

dude played against bullshit SGs at his position...

Stop it........

BTW Bron is not there yet, he has a ways and then a ways to go before he is considered better than Jordan. He has one playoff run where he does well and now he is better? Last year he was a bum and only had 2ppg in the 4th Q of the finals and a choker (Heads all over were saying it), one year doesn't make you the best.

HeatChamps
10-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Lebron>Kobe>Jordan. But Wilt is the GOAT.

Venti Quattro
10-22-2012, 11:55 PM

lolomg why haven't you killed yourself yet

rayjayjohnson
10-23-2012, 01:28 AM
So you're going to penalize MJ for not playing against as much talent as Lebron... but completely ignore the fact that Lebron is getting his hardware with an all-star team... good argument

Pippen was better than wade. Jordan had his help, which means even more in his talent-poor era

rayjayjohnson
10-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Both are equally as big of a douche, but Bryant is more fun to watch than LeBron. I'd take fundamental footwork over athletic dunks any day of the week.

:lol fgt

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2012, 02:07 AM
dunno whats worst then growin up in an era every clown wanted to be like mike, or the kobe fans who in denial his robin

Calispursfan11
10-23-2012, 02:19 AM
I think Lebron is still significantly behind Jordan, maybe not in pure skill or athleticism, but Jordan had a killer instinct that no one else has had since. The closest anyone has come to Jordan in that respect is Kobe, but still not quite. Lebron is nowhere near as killer as either of Jordan or Kobe and while most players in the NBA are fantastically skilled athletes, greatness must come from mentality first and foremost. This is the greatest edge that Jordan has over Lebron at this point. I'm not sure Lebron will ever get there.

Calispursfan11
10-23-2012, 02:21 AM
lolomg why haven't you killed yourself yet

He's got the list assbackward tbh...

Calispursfan11
10-23-2012, 02:22 AM

Wilt got the most tail of all four of those mentioned tbh...

Andrew Bynum
10-23-2012, 02:33 AM
LeBron's already better than Kobe, I know that for sure.

Sean Cagney
10-23-2012, 02:45 AM

You are an f in idiot, thats all.........

Sean Cagney
10-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Pippen was better than wade. Jordan had his help, which means even more in his talent-poor era

Every NBA champion has their help, if not they would not be champions! Some lead their team though and are the best on the court at all times and just have that IT! THe one you want to pass the ball to at the end of the game and will make the play! Some have that IT! Lebron before this year did not have that IT a few times on END! He got that IT this year and got his title, before that he faded out a few times and dissapeared! He now has that IT as of last year, now lets see him do that for years on end int he postseason like JORDAN DID on END before he is near him! Until then you are speaking bullshit.

Check your little top performances in the postseason from years, you see MJ has godly numbers quite a few years in the postseason, never scored beneath 20 in the finals in ANY GAME! Do that years on end then we can talk bro, until then you are just selling some bullshit that one idiot or two will buy and speak on in here becuase they are a Heat fan nor never saw MJ play like that other clown in here who posts on Spurstalk alot...... No name mentioned.

rayjayjohnson
10-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Be more agro.

You kind of made my point, MJs numbers will always look good, because he was playing against garbage. Bron isn't, but his numbers still stack up

Latarian Milton
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM
it might be easier to score in the old school NBA than today's and it's also true that jordan's scoring stats were a bit overrated. dude averaged like 30pt a game over his career but he was a below average 3pt shooter, shooting well below the .300 mark from downtown for most seasons in his career.

but it wasn't just his scoring that made him great imho. dude's prominence also included his strong influence on the game and his leadership, plus he has the superb ability to read the game which enables him to know the best way to help his team and lead the team to success, so you never saw jordan launching stupid shots that he knew he couldn't make when the team was trailing and in urgent need for points.

Bynumite
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Be more agro.

You kind of made my point, MJs numbers will always look good, because he was playing against garbage. Bron isn't, but his numbers still stack up

MJ played against garbage? But Lebron isn't? :lmao

Dude plays in the weakest conference against old man and teams riddled with injuries and no star power.

He basically gets the red carpet treatment all the way to the Finals.

thunderup
10-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Lebron is by no means better than Jordan.

OP is the typical new age basketball fan jumping on to bandwagon a player on a different team.

purplengold
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Be more agro.

dem celtics didn't stop Jordan from scorin ova 60 n he play closer to da basket in 80s so he had bigs ta deal with n he tore most of them up

stretch
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM

OP is the typical new age basketball fan jumping on to bandwagon a player on a different team.

lol thunder fan talking about bandwagon fans when they are currently the biggest bandwagon team in the NBA, right along with the Lakers. Only difference is that the Lakers understandably have bandwagon fans. Thunder gets bandwagon fans because they are a "swag" team, which is retarded.

Clipper Nation
10-23-2012, 12:22 PM

OKC is the typical hick-ass college sports market jumping on to bandwagon the team they stole...

rayjayjohnson
10-23-2012, 03:08 PM

did you even read it, nub?

scanry
10-23-2012, 08:19 PM
OKC is the typical hick-ass college sports market jumping on to bandwagon the team they stole...

Give them a few years and see how they respond. They most often just lose interest like the Tennessee Titans, KC Chiefs and Min Timberwolves.

HeatChamps
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
You are an f in idiot, thats all.........
I take it you agree with my post. :toast

Sean Cagney
10-23-2012, 11:59 PM
I take it you agree with my post. :toast

Your post is basically backwards, MJ, Kobe and then Lebron....... So yeah I agree it's ass backwards until Lebron wins more than one title and has more than one postseason where he dominates and shows up in the finals and does not shoot 38% and score 2 PPG in the 4th Q, MJ would NEVER EVER have done that in the finals. I give Lebron a pass in the Spurs finals as he was way overmatched, but the last finals and the season he quit out there before he left Cleveland he was a bitch, period.

MJ and his finals numbers and overall playoff numbers were rediculous, match that and get atleast 3 or 4 rings and then we talk about it. Until then you are not saying shit.

Be more agro.

You mean garbage as in HOF guys like Magic, Dumars, Isiah, Bird and so on? Hakeem as well. Yeah garbage he played against, a day and age where you could foul the hell out of guys and not go to the line! A time where D was actually allowed to beat you up! YEP against garbage, the 90's was just horrible! I mean nobody good played then! MJ's numbers stood up in any era, hell even around 40 he put up huge numbers with the WIZ at times! That is against the guys you praise today or around that! 40 pts and 50 pt games at around 40! Yeah you have a point! Over 20ppg in his later years where most were on a wheelchair and still at a good PCT shooting! Yep he is looking good only because of the 90's!!!!!!!!!!

jdiggy0424
10-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Jordan is/was/will always be the best. Come off it already.

Sean Cagney
10-24-2012, 12:04 AM

These dudes are obviously kids reading some bs or trying to hard to hate nowadays, seriously they did not watch him play and I know it from their posts, period. BTW to me it's still Kobe >>>>>>>> Bron, saw too many playoff games where he went off and showed the most clutch ability since MJ, heads forget now it seems. Bron has a long ways to go, period.

rayjayjohnson
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Kobe? Clutch? And you try to support your argument with stats. lol fgt

100%duncan
10-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Not yet B, not yet.

stretch
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Incorrect.

These dudes are obviously kids reading some bs or trying to hard to hate nowadays, seriously they did not watch him play and I know it from their posts, period. BTW to me it's still Kobe >>>>>>>> Bron, saw too many playoff games where he went off and showed the most clutch ability since MJ, heads forget now it seems. Bron has a long ways to go, period.

lol revisionist history

:cry jordan never missed shots, had mistakes on defense, and was completely flawless :cry

:cry kobe had a ton of clutch moments, even though i forgot that 80% of the time in the clutch he did not come up big :cry

Durantula35
10-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Dominate scoring ability, clutch and still young, Durant is the closest to Jordan and that will be obvious in two years. He's still young and only getting better.

thunderup
10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Dominate scoring ability, clutch and still young, Durant is the closest to Jordan and that will be obvious in two years. He's still young and only getting better.
Smart man right here.

RudyRay
10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
LeBron is great but to say he's better than Jordan makes me laugh! There is no comparison. Did you even watch MJ play in his prime or did you just look at highlights? NOBODY could stop Jordan. LeBron not quite there yet...

Proxy
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM

If you're going to try and compare players from different eras, hardware and stats are the most telling thing imo. Talking about the opponent's talent level is completely subjective. You've also ignored that the rules are different.... it's all relative.

ambchang
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Looking for a finals game where Jordan scored 8 points.

This thread is like sitting thru a Miami special eds class

Venti Quattro
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I like this LeBron Edition Samsung Galaxy Note II.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5-muA6CIAEpTSf.jpg