PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: GM Survey: Pop's the best?

jjktkk
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Thinking of you Fabbs. Enjoy. :toast

Who is the best head coach in the NBA?

1. Gregg Popovich, San Antonio -- 80.0%
2. Doc Rivers, Boston -- 13.3%

Also receiving votes: Rick Adelman, Minnesota; Erik Spoelstra, Miami

Last year: Gregg Popovich -- 42.3%

http://www.nba.com/news/2012-13-gm-survey/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

InRareForm
10-22-2012, 03:52 PM
The GM's missed the memo that Derrick Rose is hurt lol

lefty
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Best coach my ass

Matt B:lolnner

ABC
10-22-2012, 07:41 PM
From the same survey:Which player makes the most of limited natural ability? 1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 34.5%
2. Shane Battier, Miami -- 10.3%
3. Marc Gasol, Memphis -- 6.9%

Also receiving votes: Ryan Anderson, New Orleans; Matt Bonner, San Antonio; Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Roy Hibbert, Indiana; Jared Dudley, Phoenix; Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City; Danny Green, San Antonio; Chuck Hayes, Sacramento; Kris Humphries, Brooklyn; Paul Millsap, Utah; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Steve Novak, New York; Luis Scola, Phoenix; Anderson Varejao, Cleveland

spurs108
10-22-2012, 09:46 PM
From the same survey:Which player makes the most of limited natural ability?

1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 34.5%

Also receiving votes: Ryan Anderson, New Orleans; Matt Bonner, San Antonio; Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Roy Hibbert, Indiana; Jared Dudley, Phoenix; Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City; Danny Green, San Antonio; Chuck Hayes, Sacramento; Kris Humphries, Brooklyn; Paul Millsap, Utah; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Steve Novak, New York; Luis Scola, Phoenix; Anderson Varejao, Cleveland

Kevin Durant??

TD 21
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM
This survey is a perfect example of how many idiots there are running teams . . .

- The Nuggets got a vote to win the West, but not the Spurs

- Anthony got a vote for MVP, but not Howard or Paul

- Bryant nearly tripled Wade for top SG (and Durant somehow got a vote as a SG)

- James wasn't even close to unanimously being top SF

- Nowitzki was ranked 2nd amongst PF's (and Duncan somehow got a vote as a PF)

- Sullinger (1st) and Lillard (T-4th) are somehow considered "sleepers"

- Ibaka and Kirilenko received votes for best international player

- Bryant received a vote for best perimeter defender

- Garnett, a mediocre shot blocker and good, but not great, post defender, received votes for top interior defender

- The Lakers and Spurs received votes for best defensive team

- Adelman and Spolestra received votes for best coach

- Karl, (who has no discernible offense, other than to "attack) supposedly runs the best offense, while Brooks (no discernible offense whatsoever) also received a vote

- The Spurs, finished T-4th in most exciting team (so much for purists/knowledgeable fans loving the way they play)

- The Heat (3rd) and Lakers (also received votes), supposedly have elite home court advantages

- Durant somehow finished ahead of Howard in most athletic player

- Nash, arguably the greatest shooter of all time, didn't finish top 3 amongst pure shooters

- Love was named best offensive rebounder, even though it's statistically proven that he's not

- Ginobili finished 6th for best basketball IQ

- Billups received a vote for taking a shot with the game on the line (but Ginobili and Pierce didn't)

Chucho
10-22-2012, 11:17 PM

Leetonidas
10-22-2012, 11:40 PM
This survey is a perfect example of how many idiots there are running teams . . .

- The Nuggets got a vote to win the West, but not the Spurs

- Anthony got a vote for MVP, but not Howard or Paul

- Bryant nearly tripled Wade for top SG (and Durant somehow got a vote as a SG)

- James wasn't even close to unanimously being top SF

- Nowitzki was ranked 2nd amongst PF's (and Duncan somehow got a vote as a PF)

- Sullinger (1st) and Lillard (T-4th) are somehow considered "sleepers"

- Ibaka and Kirilenko received votes for best international player

- Bryant received a vote for best perimeter defender

- Garnett, a mediocre shot blocker and good, but not great, post defender, received votes for top interior defender

- The Lakers and Spurs received votes for best defensive team

- Adelman and Spolestra received votes for best coach

- Karl, (who has no discernible offense, other than to "attack) supposedly runs the best offense, while Brooks (no discernible offense whatsoever) also received a vote

- The Spurs, finished T-4th in most exciting team (so much for purists/knowledgeable fans loving the way they play)

- The Heat (3rd) and Lakers (also received votes), supposedly have elite home court advantages

- Durant somehow finished ahead of Howard in most athletic player

- Nash, arguably the greatest shooter of all time, didn't finish top 3 amongst pure shooters

- Love was named best offensive rebounder, even though it's statistically proven that he's not

- Ginobili finished 6th for best basketball IQ

- Billups received a vote for taking a shot with the game on the line (but Ginobili and Pierce didn't)
the Lakers will be a defensive force this year, Nash and all. The Spurs on the other hand... :lol

spurs1990
10-22-2012, 11:54 PM
This one I liked. Shows how vaunted that 2006 team was.

http://i.imgur.com/tRRyh.png

ColinB
10-23-2012, 04:53 AM
From the same survey:Which player makes the most of limited natural ability?

1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 34.5%

"Best white player"

Raven
10-23-2012, 06:00 AM
making productive players out of neal, leonard, green and bonner is no simple task tbh.. adelman is also very good, and rivers and tbd of course, but the rest is horrible..

PublicOption
10-23-2012, 09:19 AM
1. David Stern is the best coach, because he coaches the refs and they are undefeated.

Seventyniner
10-23-2012, 10:08 AM

So if >70% of GMs pick a single team to win it all, bet on Miami. Got it.

Fabbs
10-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Thinking of you Fabbs. Enjoy. :toast
Enjoyed it!

Not as much as TD 21s followup tho. :toast

dunkman
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Well, the Spurs stole the '03 title from LA. But the '06 failure is hard to explain, it went down to one bad play. After the C's added Ray Allen and KG, they were the favorites for the '08 title, not sure why the GM's picked the Spurs.

Gagnrath
10-23-2012, 10:52 PM
making productive players out of neal, leonard, green and bonner is no simple task tbh.. adelman is also very good, and rivers and tbd of course, but the rest is horrible..

I understand the difficulty making productive players out of Bonner, and to a lesser extent Neal, (though he has offense coming out his ears) I am less sure how it is tough with Leonard, a very athletic small forward with good size and good rebounding instincts, he is productive on defense and put-backs even with no offense run for him, and isn't completely a waste as a jump-shooter, green a moderately athletic shooting guard with decent handles, and a good if somewhat streaky jumpshot, both are above average man on man defenders. While I credit Pop to some extent for making green look worthy of a starting role, being a productive bench guy wouldn't take much, and leonard has the natural athleticism that it would be hard to not see him finding a role on some team or other.

Fireball
10-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Kevin Durant??

KD has no limit of natural ability ...

Raven
10-24-2012, 07:00 AM
I understand the difficulty making productive players out of Bonner, and to a lesser extent Neal, (though he has offense coming out his ears) I am less sure how it is tough with Leonard, a very athletic small forward with good size and good rebounding instincts, he is productive on defense and put-backs even with no offense run for him, and isn't completely a waste as a jump-shooter, green a moderately athletic shooting guard with decent handles, and a good if somewhat streaky jumpshot, both are above average man on man defenders. While I credit Pop to some extent for making green look worthy of a starting role, being a productive bench guy wouldn't take much, and leonard has the natural athleticism that it would be hard to not see him finding a role on some team or other.

you have to think about where did they start and what they were before pops took them under his tutelage ..

dunkman
10-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Bonner was serviceable in Toronto, Neal went undrafted largely because of his legal problems but he was a top scorer in various Euro leagues, Leonard was higher pick who was already good as a rookie.

Pop can take credit for Green imo. Pop gets the job done, the Spurs constantly over-achieve season after season. The only time they disappointed was in '06. I think that no one expected the Spurs to make the WCF last season.

What the Spurs lack to win another title is more talent besides the big 3, since Duncan and Manu have lost a step.