PDA

View Full Version : Halloween (Franchise)

thunderup
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Seeing as that a marathon of Halloween movies are going to air later on tonight on AMC, what do you all think about this franchise?

I think it absolutely owns.

ColinB
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Does anyone else really enjoy Halloween 3 besides me?

thunderup
10-23-2012, 01:10 PM

You mean the one that doesn't even have Michael Myers in the plot?

Hell no, it sucks.

ColinB
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah, honestly it shouldn't even have the Halloween name attached to it. People are going to hate it for the simple fact there is no Michael Myers.

Just love the eerie vibe this movie gives off. Creeped me out more than any of the other Halloween films when I was kid.

Love Michael Myers though, so I'm down with the whole franchise for the most part.

Medvedenko
10-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah, honestly it shouldn't even have the Halloween name attached to it. People are going to hate it for the simple fact there is no Michael Myers.

Just love the eerie vibe this movie gives off. Creeped me out more than any of the other Halloween films when I was kid.

Love Michael Myers though, so I'm down with the whole franchise for the most part.

I remember watching Halloween 3 when I was kid and hated it. Like it more as an adult, however when it was released the "Halloween" series of movies was supposed to be an anthology of sorts and not have Mike Myers in it in theory.

IronMaxipad
10-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah. Halloween 3 is awesome.

JackoLantern
10-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Only liked the first one.

AussieFanKurt
10-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Loved the first two! Didn't watch anymore though

I hated Friday the 13th though, jesus christ. Halloween > Friday the 13th

Riddler
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
H1, H2, and H20 were the best in the series. The middle bullshit with canon and Busta Fucking Rhymes karate chopping Michael killed that series.

HI-FI
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
first Halloween is a top 10 movie for me, i just love the atmosphere of that picture. It's where I became a big fan of Carpenter. I don't remember part 2.

I recently rewatched part 3. it's an interesting flick. the overall vibe and atmosphere is great, and I respect Carpenter for wanting to branch out from Myers and make an anthology around Halloween. But it's still not a great horror movie.

I haven't seen the Zombie remakes, to me explaining Myers as some trailer trash kid with a bad childhood robs him of his eeriness. I do need to see the one with Busta RHymes, simply for the shittiness of it.

thunderup
10-23-2012, 10:43 PM
H1, H2, and H20 were the best in the series. The middle bullshit with canon and Busta Fucking Rhymes karate chopping Michael killed that series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsvvUKgq0ZY&feature=related

:lol

Leetonidas
10-24-2012, 09:22 AM

i was terrified of the first two when i was a child. them i remember watching the third one with my sister and thinking wtf is this shit :lol that movie is awful