PDA

View Full Version : Video of Manu's buzzer beater versus Serbia & Montenegro?

Solid D
06-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Does anyone have a link or video file of the amazing Olympics buzzer beater by Ginobili to defeat the defending champion Serbia & Montenegro? It's been forgotten by many people because of all the amazing plays that Manu made throughout the 2004-05 NBA Championship season. It was huge because, Bodiroga had just put S&M ahead with 2 FTs with 3.8 seconds left. Argentina (I forget who threw the pass) threw a pass to Manu as time was expiring and Manu only had time enough to catch the ball with one hand and like a continuous-motion touch-pass, shoot the ball up and off the glass as the buzzer sounded.

I don't think I've seen that video in a while.

Anyone wish to post it here?

SAtown
06-27-2005, 02:18 AM
I would love to see that.

Eva
06-27-2005, 02:23 AM
I would love to see that.

EasilyAmused
06-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Does anyone have a link or video file of the amazing Olympics buzzer beater by Ginobili to defeat the defending champion Serbia & Montenegro? It's been forgotten by many people because of all the amazing plays that Manu made throughout the 2004-05 NBA Championship season. It was huge because, Bodiroga had just put S&M ahead with 2 FTs with 3.8 seconds left. Argentina (I forget who threw the pass) threw a pass to Manu as time was expiring and Manu only had time enough to catch the ball with one hand and like a continuous-motion touch-pass, shoot the ball up and off the glass as the buzzer sounded.

I don't think I've seen that video in a while.

Anyone wish to post it here?

You can find it here
http://www.nbamatchup.com/links.html (Here)

Sense
06-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Nice Videos on that link..

Maribor Slovenia
06-27-2005, 05:17 AM
It was awesome.

Ginofan
06-27-2005, 05:44 AM
You can't post videos on here or links to them...

kandinski
06-27-2005, 09:54 AM
montecchia did
he passed the ball to gino.
Afer the olympics Popovich wanted monetcchia in the Spurs

Solid D
06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the response EasilyAmused and kandinski.

Solid D
06-27-2005, 10:42 AM
It's interesting in seeing the slow motion version, the ball enters Manu's hand with .7 remaining and in one fluid motion it is out of his hand with between .3 and .2 remaining. A quick look at the time it took for Manu to catch and shoot certainly looks quicker than the time it took for Derek Fisher to catch and shoot over Manu to beat the Spurs.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2005, 12:47 PM
The player that gave Serbia the lead was Dejan Tomasevic, an awful free throw shooter, he missed his first and made his second.

I have two versions of this video, one from American network CNBC, that starts with the replay, and then shows the Argentinians celebrating and the Serbs complaining, while the other is from the Argentinian broadcast, and starts right after the inbounds pass. The later has different replay angles.

A funny scene in the Argentinian video at the end, is Oberto shouting something like "motherf*ckers" to the Serbians, right after the replay. And then an Argentinian assistant coach comes and tells him something like "ok, go to the locker room, now".

Argentinian video:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2638482/tirofinal.mpeg.html

I also have a .gif of the shot, but I can't upload it, because it is almost 2MB.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Do you guys own the rights to these videos? If not, please stop posting them unless they are legal to share.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Do you guys own the rights to these videos? If not, please stop posting them unless they are legal to share.

International copyright law is quite different from the US. If you want, I can remove the CNBC video link, but about the other one there is no problem.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:50 PM
International copyright law is quite different from the US. If you want, I can remove the CNBC video link, but about the other one there is no problem.

Yes, remove the CNBC link.

Solid D
06-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to create any illegal activity, intentional or unintentional.

E20
06-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I thought illegal for this board is just NBA? FIBA will sue us too? Does that mean we can't have pics depicted the NBA and it's teams/logos/other stuff?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I thought illegal for this board is just NBA? FIBA will sue us too? Does that mean we can't have pics depicted the NBA and it's teams/logos/other stuff?

No this is about video. You can't redistributed any copyrighted video.

E20
06-27-2005, 01:16 PM
You shouldn't sweat it Kori FIBA has the whole world to look after they're not gonna single out spurstlak.com

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
You shouldn't sweat it Kori FIBA has the whole world to look after they're not gonna single out spurstlak.com

It's not FIBA. And don't question me on this. Fan websites have gotten shut down on this subject this year. Some others have lost their press credentials.

So, should I just shut down this forum right now? Or are you going to just shutup and listen on this subject?

Eva
06-27-2005, 01:20 PM
What a sweet shot

E20
06-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, I got told............:depressed

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
A funny scene in the Argentinian video at the end, is Oberto shouting something like "motherf*ckers" to the Serbians, right after the replay. And then an Argentinian assistant coach comes and tells him something like "ok, go to the locker room, now".

Yeah, that's the kind of shit that we don't need. There was also the time when the an American player I think injured his finger, and he kept screaming son-of-a-bitch (hijo de puta) at the guy who injured him for like 5 minutes. I understand you're in pain, but Oberto does this shit every fucking game. I don't see him doing well in the NBA.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
but Oberto does this shit every fucking game. I don't see him doing well in the NBA.

I keep hearing that as well. Someone said that he'd probably get ejected every game in the NBA. :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
I keep hearing that as well. Someone said that he'd probably get ejected every game in the NBA. :lol I wouldn't be surprised

WalterBenitez
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I keep hearing that as well. Someone said that he'd probably get ejected every game in the NBA. :lol

Hummm ... ejected ? Nah ... fouled out ... every four games is a better estimation??? :oops

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Hummm ... ejected ? Nah ... fouled out ... every four games is a better estimation??? :oops

:lol

So you don't think he'll cut it in the NBA? Who's interested in him? Sacramento?

WalterBenitez
06-27-2005, 02:22 PM
:lol
So you don't think he'll cut it in the NBA? Who's interested in him? Sacramento?

Good question since 1997, almost every year he was mentioned as the next intl player jumping to NBA, I think the latest mentioned teams were Pacers (Buyout bareer was mentioned), Sacramento (Chemistry bareer... in those times were Vlade + Peja + Webber ...) and lately Spurs (not sure about this version)

You know, he's 29 and only Sabonis went to NBA a that age (If I am not wrong).

To finish, it is not a question of skills, for sure Frabrizio has them, the real concern what NBA's team could offer him a good contract and some possibilities to even see the court; some other ARG's players opted out from NBA's team because they prefer to play instead of living a bench-life.

EasilyAmused
06-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to create any illegal activity, intentional or unintentional.

Same here sorry :depressed

Jdspur20
06-27-2005, 02:53 PM
is there a LEGAL copy someone can post? i've been dying to see that play.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
is there a LEGAL copy someone can post? i've been dying to see that play.

Check post #11 of this thread.

Horry For 3!
06-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I remember that shot. It was great.

Horry For 3!
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Damn, that was a bad ass shot! He got it off with .2 left on the clock. Amazing. I love that guy.