PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Vash StampedE
10-24-2012, 02:46 AM
I just read the latest move that the team made and the thread title sums up what I currently feel about the team/FO . We're gonna have the same big man rotation that we had a 1-3 years back. I'm glad with the team's midseason acquisition of Diaw last season but I'm so tired of Pop and/or the FO relying on the team's other "bigs" which have been on the team for more than 2 years. Blair? We all know that he's too small to play the "BIG MAN" position and he hasn't developed a consistent, reliable jumpshot. And Bonner? WTFFFFFF!!! I don't care if he spreads the floor but the FO must realize that NBA Champion>Regular Season Champs. He's a choker!!! When defenders close out on him, which is expected in the playoffs, his shots can't find the bottom of the net. Amnesty the winter Bonner (forgot the exact joke on him) for God's sake. He is wasting Tim and Manu's remaining years. As for Splitter, there are things that he does on the floor that will satisfy you - pick&roll offense, acceptable defense, mobility, etc. - but his softness and injury proneness is getting on my nerves. More criticism of Splitter is that he hasn't bulked up that will enable him to bang bodies against opposing bigs. He still skinny in what I've seen.

I was into the Eddy Curry signing and was hoping that he could get at least 10 mpg. I was confident that, despite the limited playing time, he could contribute to the team offensively and then with more time with the team, he could bring himself to be able to contribute defensively. But now he's gone and now, I'm extremely disappointed. "Baby come back!" Wished that Spurs call him and give him another opportunity. You may say that I'm obsessed with Curry but it is just that I am so high on what he could have contributed to the team - post offense, body to put on Howard, the height to distract opposing team drives/layups. He's gone now, I just hope the Spurs have something up sleeves that will address the team's most pressing concern.

Outlier
10-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Get over it. Sheesh. He's a scrub. Probably won't be with any team this season, or if he does, will probably do contribute zilch.

Dingle Barry
10-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Thought this was gonna be about timvp's hiatus from game thoughts.

venitian navigator
10-24-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't wanna read too much on the f.o. minds, but after these cuts it could be possible one of the following :

1) Spurs will try to sign Martin at vet min, considering that till now no nba team has expressed desire to sign him and he's probably re-thinking his asking price;
2) Spurs wait that both Curry and Brown clear waivers znd then try to sign them to longer contracts al la Neal/Blair;
3) Spurs have in mind same sort of trade or some other free agent available for the minimum.

Yes,t her's also n° 4) : Spurs are satisfied with what Powell has shown them in the first games of the pre season...but looks like this idea is scaring for everyone, 'cause of the suppoed "real value" of this particlarpl ayer...

benefactor
10-24-2012, 05:51 AM
I've heard cutting relieves the pressure.

therealtruth
10-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Curry was too tall and big. The teams needs more undersized players.

Raven
10-24-2012, 08:31 AM
i'm thinking there is a chance we trade for al jefferson or anderson varejao, they are both players that have no business in their team since they have legit alternatives that need to be developed.. i hope so, at least..

ChumpDumper
10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Curry thread!

dbestpro
10-24-2012, 11:05 AM
There is no magical decision to be made by the front office. They make their decisions off what makes them comfortable. Pop has got this idea about winnig a ring with small ball. It is what he is comfortable with. Any deviation from that will not make him comfortable. He is not gonna change and TD will once again be used up by playoff time.

Leetonidas
10-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Curry being waived is disappointing but come on now this shit happens every offseason, some scrub gets invited to camp, plays decently, Spurfan acts like he's the bigman savior we need, then he gets cut and goes on to do nothing. The dude couldn't get time on the court for Miami who had arguably a worse PF-C rotation than we do. He would be decent insurance but we don't need more offense

Vash StampedE
10-24-2012, 12:32 PM
They should've immediately grabbed this opportunity to have a better BIG than what we currently have - Bonner & Blair -because just as i said, Timmy is not getting any younger, so is Manu and TP,and Sadly, they let it pass. The drive for five is becoming more difficult with rival teams getting stronger and at this point, the FO have done nothing in response to that. The thing that I want to be clarified with is "what does Pop and the FO see in Bonner and Blair that makes them better than Curry, aside from them already knowing the system and Bonner spreading the floor?" At this point, they should have found a better alternative to those two.

BackHome
10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
We ain't going to do shit with Boner and Blair on this team.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Curry thread!

James White!!!!!!!!!!!