PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Not Only Is Obama's Plan Old But It Doesn't Add Up

elbamba
10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NHO6pmZj6dA

Winehole23
10-24-2012, 10:03 AM
yep. like his opponent, Obama looks at the future through rose tinted shades. neither side has math on its side, but isn't imagination wonderful!

elbamba
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
President Obama's 11th-hour strategy shift

Everything was going great for Barack Obama until about 9:04 on the night of Oct. 3, when Mitt Romney startled everybody by refusing to live up to his caricature as The Worst Candidate Ever.

Romney’s late-game comeback — an unexpected assertion of presidential competence in front of 67 million viewers — robbed Obama of his momentum and forced the president’s team to make a subtle yet significant change to their closing argument in the critical last two weeks of the 2012 campaign.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82796.html#ixzz2AEHlQnFt

elbamba
10-24-2012, 10:11 AM
yep. like his opponent, Obama looks at the future through rose tinted shades. neither side has math on its side, but isn't imagination wonderful!

You make a very good point. I sat 2008 out, can't bring myself to do it again. I wish I had high hopes for Romney, but I have learned to not get too emotionally involved in candidates or parties.

boutons_deux
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
"high hopes for Romney"

Gecko/Ryan will fuck you hard and long and deep (unless you are a 1%er)

Winehole23
10-24-2012, 11:12 AM
#AngryPillowTalk

RandomGuy
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM

Obama joins a long list of presidents with rosy assumptions built into their plans. I wish they would be more straight with us.

That said, I think Romney's "20% "revenue neutral" taxcut is downright offensive. "we can do it, but we won't tell you how, as if you are too stupid to look it up."

Sadly, they are correct in most cases.

Start giving specifics, and support for that would be next to nothing, and they know it. Something else I wish were otherwise. Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that man behind the tree.

baseline bum
10-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Obama joins a long list of presidents with rosy assumptions built into their plans. I wish they would be more straight with us.

That said, I think Romney's "20% "revenue neutral" taxcut is downright offensive. "we can do it, but we won't tell you how, as if you are too stupid to look it up."

Sadly, they are correct in most cases.

Start giving specifics, and support for that would be next to nothing, and they know it. Something else I wish were otherwise. Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that man behind the tree.

You're going to get elected by telling people they're fucked for a few more years?

Winehole23
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Start giving specifics, and support for that would be next to nothing, and they know it. Something else I wish were otherwise. Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that man behind the tree.from the standpoint of the candidates it serves one well in any election not to piss off any constituencies needlessly and therefore, not to be overly specific.

from the standpoint of the voter, there's nothing to go on besides atmospherics ("looking Presidential"), partisan spin and media generated gaffes/distractions. with the result that every four years we have to buy a pig in a poke.

Winehole23
10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
limiting airtime, money spent and the duration of campaigns might be worth considering. shit is bullshit and fucked up.

TeyshaBlue
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see at least one Lincoln-Douglas structured debate.

Can't even begin to hang in one of those without a firm command of facts.

baseline bum
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM

Can't even begin to hang in one of those without a firm command of facts.

Can you expand on this a bit?

baseline bum
10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Also, gfy

TeyshaBlue
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Can you expand on this a bit?

It's a formalized debate framework.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln%E2%80%93Douglas_debate#Format

TeyshaBlue
10-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Also, gfy

http://www.audioandanarchy.com/images/smilies/really1.png

baseline bum
10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the link :lol

Winehole23
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM

Can't even begin to hang in one of those without a firm command of facts.also, their bs gets put to the test. how good a candidate's bs is important. a longer format could reveal that.

TeyshaBlue
10-24-2012, 11:48 AM
also, their bs gets put to the test. how good a candidate's bs is important. a longer format could reveal that.

I used to help the debate coach at one of the schools I taught at. It's amazing the amount of research and prep the contestants put into one of these.

RandomGuy
10-24-2012, 12:06 PM
You're going to get elected by telling people they're fucked for a few more years?

No. Sadly.

If either O or M were honest, they would say exactly that.

Oddly enough though, the fiscal cliff that the tea party is driving us to is far more to blame than anything the president has done or not done.

Fucking grover norquist mother fucking sacks of ideological shit, gonna shoot a hole in the bottom of the boat we are bailing just to prove a point about how brave they are for not comprimising. >:(

boutons_deux
10-24-2012, 12:53 PM
No. Sadly.

If either O or M were honest, they would say exactly that.

Oddly enough though, the fiscal cliff that the tea party is driving us to is far more to blame than anything the president has done or not done.

Fucking grover norquist mother fucking sacks of ideological shit, gonna shoot a hole in the bottom of the boat we are bailing just to prove a point about how brave they are for not comprimising. >:(

because Norquistian assholes are part of the 1% or are take care of by the 1% and so won't be harmed by standing by the ideology and principles while fucking up the 99%.

They'd sing a different song if they, eg Norquist and his band of pledgers, were shitting in their own beds.