PDA

View Full Version : Warren Moon is now pulling the race card for Cam Newton

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-24-2012, 11:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8545372/warren-moon-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-qb-criticism-racial

JoeTait75
10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
It amazes me that a guy like Warren Moon, who really did have to struggle with some racial issues during his career and who knows what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback would enable a guy who was the first pick in the draft and was basically anointed before he even took a snap. I don't remember Moon whining about racism when he was a player- he let his game doing his talking for him.

The last thing Cam Newton needs is to be enabled. He needs to grow up, plain and simple.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
well the racism he's talking about is, only comparing black qbs to other black qbs. Which he has a legit complaint. Cam Newton has yet to be compared to Ryan Leaf.

JoeTait75
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
well the racism he's talking about is, only comparing black qbs to other black qbs. Which he has a legit complaint. Cam Newton has yet to be compared to Ryan Leaf.

Fair point, but I will say he isn't the first #1 overall pick to regress and get knocked for it in the press and among the fans. Tim Couch took the same kind of heat in Cleveland. It just goes with the territory.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Lets go through how stupid Moon's opinion is!

"I think a lot of this is because so many people want to say 'I told you so' about him but couldn't because he was so good last year," Moon told Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--hall-of-fame-qb-says-criticism-of-cam-newton-s-demeanor-is-valid--though-he-believes-race-is-a-factor.html;_ylt=AkAFWwxLGL3eqXP916jQwvZDubYF;_ylu =X3oDMTRqMDBpMDF0BG1pdANMU1RTIE1peGVkIExpc3QgTkZMI EV4cGVydHMEcGtnAzMwNDU3NWEwLTVlYjEtMzhkZi1iYWU2LWU wNGM4N2ExMGMyOARwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkT FBDQVRlbXAEdmVyA2U5ZTlkMGEwLTFkNTAtMTFlMi1iYWVmLWR lZmI4ZDhiOGI5NQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoZHY1MWJpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3). "I think people are overreacting. How can he be a bust? He just had one of the great years a rookie has ever had, and now he can't play? Come on."
No you dumbass, it's because black media members jumped on his dick last year while he was leading his team to a 6-10 record. The praise last year for a QB who's team was horrible was ridiculous, so people are more anxious to jump on the opportunity to call people prematurely anointing him as an elite QB retarded.

"I heard somebody compare him to Vince Young (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9589/vince-young). It's the same old crap -- it's always a comparison of one black to another black. I get tired of it. I get tired of defending it,"
:lol right, because skin color is the only reason Young and Newton are comparable. It's not like they're both two QBs who carried their college team to a national championship, got picked with a top 3 pick, had a promising rookie year, then regressed afterward largely due to being mentally fragile. That can't possibly be it, it must be because they're both black!

"I don't think Cam's as bad as Cutler, because Cutler looks like he doesn't give a damn sometimes, or he's yelling and cussing at someone. Cam, he just looks down when they're losing."
:lmao you think Cam "isn't as bad as Cutler" because Cutler gives enough of a shit to get in his teammates' faces when they're losing while Newton sulks and feels sorry for himself leaving his team completely without a leader. This attitude is why black QBs don't win superbowls.

"He's not picking the players. He's not playing defense. He's not calling the plays,"
Right, because Cam is the only QB in NFL history who has had to deal with subpar defense, mediocre coaching, and a weak front office. Every other QB taken with a top 3 pick was put on an already good team with great coaching and defense. It's not like being a horrible team with a horrible record is what gets you a top 3 pick. The difference is, black QBs seem to think they can scapegoat bad coaching/defense every time they lose.

benefactor
10-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Moon is my dude...but he needs to shut the hell up.

Clipper Nation
10-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Nah, Moon's right about Cutler being a crybaby bitch, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Nah, Moon's right about Cutler being a crybaby bitch, tbh....

A crybaby bitch who has taken his team to the NFC championship, tbh.

DPG21920
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I love how Skip tells VY's win/loss record :wow

Clipper Nation
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
A crybaby bitch who has taken his team to the NFC championship, tbh.
So? That crybaby bitch McNabb took the Eagles to five NFC championship games and a Super Bowl appearance, doesn't make him any less of a crybaby bitch, tbh.....

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
It makes him a much better QB, winner, and leader than Cam Newton.

JoeTait75
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think the criticism Cam is taking is any more excessive than the criticism Couch or Jeff George or Jim Plunkett or Vinny Testaverde took. When you're the top overall pick and you're a QB you're expected to turn the thing around practically single-handedly- and when you don't you get ripped. Is it fair? Not necessarily. But it is what it is.

Monostradamus
10-24-2012, 01:59 PM
rofl but does he have a problem with every white receiver being compared to Wes Welker?

Malik Hairston
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Where the fuck were all these people when Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin and every other Black analyst on TV were overhyping Newton after every game?:lol..

Let's play the race card when he's struggling, let's ignore the biased race card when he was stat-padding and playing well, receiving more hype than any player outside of Aaron Rodgers last season..

BRHornet45
10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Sons its this type of ignorant / never accepting responsibility mentality that will keep black America at the bottom.

Cam Newton is an arrogant, spoiled rotten piece of shit with a sense of entitlement thru the roof and deserves to be criticized more so than 90+% of all professional athletes. It has absolutely nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with his bitch ass personality/attitude.

The race card is the always easy excuse and cop out to use because white people are too pussified and politically correct to put their foot down and say ... "no. You're wrong. Now shut the fuck up and take some responsibilty. Grow up."

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
fuck you mono took me like 16 minutes to figure out what was wrong with my browser

DeadlyDynasty
10-24-2012, 09:06 PM
smh...I thought Moon was above these excuses.