PDA

View Full Version : List your current phone

InRareForm
10-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Not the phone you want or going to get, but your current phone.

I am confused with what everyone has in this forum.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2012, 11:03 PM
lefty's got a one x nono gots an iphone

lefty
10-24-2012, 11:11 PM
lefty's got a one x nono gots an iphone
I have the One S :D

vander
10-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Lumia 710

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2012, 11:51 PM
ouch

vander
10-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I've played with google and apple phones, love my windows phone

DJ Mbenga
10-25-2012, 01:20 AM
htc trophy. got it when they were giving them away for free at the MS store. i traded in my shit droid eris.

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2012, 01:32 AM
iphone 4s

ElNono
10-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Currently using an iPhone 4. At the office we have every iPhone except 3GS and 4S. I was thinking I was going to upgrade to the 5 now that I qualify, but after playing with it for a bit, there really isn't much for me there as far as personal use goes. I'm a pretty light smartphone user unless I'm traveling. If you add the stock shortage and the switching to the new dock connector, I'm not really in any hurry. I'll probably wait out and finally switch it when the 5S/6 comes out next year.

Venti Quattro
10-25-2012, 01:44 AM
iPhone 4. Surprise, surprise...

BruceBowenFan
10-25-2012, 01:51 AM
I have a HTC Amaze.

blkroadrunners
10-25-2012, 04:24 AM
iPhone 3

leemajors
10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
4s 32gb

sinok
10-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Galaxy S2 (I9100) rooted with Resurrection Remix 2.6 ROM

resistanze
10-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Galaxy S2 (I9100) rooted with Resurrection Remix 2.6 ROM

Same, but I'm using the Vanilla Rootbox ROM now (JB 4.1.2)

symple19
10-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Razor Maxx

Fpoonsie
10-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Got the 5. Hadn't had an iPhone since buying the original one, second-hand and jailbroken, off of Craig's List.

Figured I'd finally upgrade.

Drachen
10-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Evo 3d

TeyshaBlue
10-25-2012, 09:54 AM
ATT Galaxy Note rooted and running the ROM of the day. Currently CM10 Jellybean.

InRareForm
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Galaxy s3.

purplengold
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
note 2

Cry Havoc
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
HTC Evo LTE -- Running MeanROM 5.4

TheMACHINE
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

DisAsTerBot
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
HTC Evo LTE

leemajors
10-25-2012, 01:04 PM
HTC Evo LTE -- Running MeanROM 5.4

Do you change ROMs often? Just curious, and I wouldn't mind knowing how often most others do as well.

TeyshaBlue
10-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you change ROMs often? Just curious, and I wouldn't mind knowing how often most others do as well.

Once you have your phone rooted and a recovery system installed, flashing roms becomes ridiculously easy.

It took me all of 5 minutes to root with clockworkmod recovery...and when I did it I was a complete flash n00b.

Now, I flash whatever I see on xda that looks interesting. If I don't like it, I just reinstall my previous rom from my backup in CWM.

Right now, I'm back and forth between a custom ICS Rom BlackStar VIII and the CyanogenMod 10M JellyBean. There's stuff on both I really like, but right now, CM10 is winning out.

stretch
10-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I made 3 backups of 3 different roms I like, and switch between them as I feel. CM10, MIUI, and Sky-JB.

Drachen
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM

TB is right, once you have rooted/installed a custom recovery, it is no problem. I would change about once a week to at least test them out. I would have a daily driver that I would always switch back to (unless my test-drive went well). I had to swap out my phone for a warranty issue about 3-4 months ago, but the bootloader for the official ICS on my phone had extra security and there is a new process to root it. I have been busy and haven't cared enough to read and do the new root procedure. I told myself that as soon as a fully functioning JB rom comes out that I would do it, but it seems that the best that they can do so far is all but WIMAX. I use wimax a lot, so I can't run with that. I may end up rooting soon and installing an ICS rom anyway because the stock rom has really really shitty battery life (5ish hours) when I was used to 9 or so.

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Any other 4glte owners pissed that Amazon is offering it for $30

Drachen
10-25-2012, 02:48 PM
they are just trying to get rid of them before the DLX comes out

resistanze
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM

I used to switch out ROMs weekly at the very least. I've simmered down a bit - I know what kind of ROMs I prefer for the most part (AOKP w/ ROM control). As others touched on, you can browse and DL a ROM on your phone and it'll ask you to flash once the DL is complete. Ends up being a 5 minutes process.

I was on Resurrection remix ROM for the past several months, updating to a newer version monthly. I just tried a new ROM last week.

leemajors
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
ahh cool, I figured it was easy to switch between saved profiles. thanks for the info!

Drachen
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah, the initial process takes anywhere from 10-30 minutes (depending on your familiarity with the process for your phone), after that, flashing roms is, at most a 5 minute process (granted that you have already downloaded the rom).

BTW, the initial process for nexus phones is at most 5 minutes.

anakha
10-26-2012, 01:14 AM
GSM Galaxy Nexus running rooted stock Jelly Bean.

Cry Havoc
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM

I absolutely love meanrom, so I haven't switched since I started using it. I update it regularly though, mikey puts out a new version about once a week.

lefty
10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Lol I havent rooted my phone

velik_m
10-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Nokia 1200

Drachen
10-29-2012, 08:34 AM
I put Disarmed Toaster (unofficial CM10) on my phone last night. So far so good.

Drachen
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Just had my first cool google now moment.

I was talking to one of my coworkers about a restaurant and I couldn't remember the name of the place so I searched "Walzem Road, san antonio" on google maps on chrome on my work computer. Found the place and moved on. About 45 seconds later my phone buzzed with a notification. I looked at it and google now had told me how long it will take and gave me a map including traffic conditions to get to "Walzem Road San Antonio, Tx"

SAWEET!

The_Worlds_finest
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I have a lumia 710, its a solid phone. Want a bigger screen and better camera, the 822 will meet those wants.

lefty
10-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Should I root or not?

Decisions decisions

Not that I'm in a rush to get JB; ICS and Sense 4 are really great, the phone is great and the official JB rollout shoud be November or December.

Plus I have some nice stock features with Holo launcher+locker

Google Now ? eh, it's cool, but I don't really need it

Project Butter? my phone is really smooth and snappy; I only had 2-3 lags since I got the phone

Notification actions? really cool feature IMO; but I can wait

I guess I answered my own question rofl

resistanze
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Root MFer!

lefty
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Root MFer!

:lol

I'm sure rooting made sense for those who were stuck on GB/HC and knew they were never gonna get ICS

ICS was a huge leap compared to GB/HC, whereas JB adds features

A sign that the OS has reached maturation phase

koriwhat
10-29-2012, 10:32 PM
as of today... note II and sitting in the garbage is my old samsung replenish. good riddance you pos replenish!

DJ Mbenga
10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Should I root or not?

Project Butter? my phone is really smooth and snappy; I only had 2-3 lags since I got the phone
l

son project butter is that good of a deal. once you have it youll never want to go back.

im with widows phone right now. got the htc trophy. just gets the job done, but ive gotten some lag lately but the machine is really old so its no suprise.
want that new nexus badly.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
iPhone 4S

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
iPhone 4, upgraded a few weeks ago from the dazzling Sanyo Katana.

gambit1990
10-30-2012, 08:03 PM
iPhone 4S, jailbroken of course. bought it about a month after it came out. don't really care about the 5, very impressed with how light it is though.

leemajors
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Only one person with a Motorola phone, symple. Interesting.

Drachen
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Manny has a Photon 4g

TeyshaBlue
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM

I just picked up a Motorola Razor Maxx HD for my Mom. It's pretty badass.

lefty
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Manny has a Photon 4g

With a Landon Donovan wallpaper

Heath Ledger
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Iphone 4s,
Started on Iphone 3 and have upgraded every time but the 5 was not enough to suck me in this time. I am open to getting an S3 as my next phone.

InRareForm
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I am open to getting an S3 as my next phone.

you won't regret it!

lefty
11-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Iphone 4s,
Started on Iphone 3 and have upgraded every time but the 5 was not enough to suck me in this time. I am open to getting an S3 as my next phone.

get the Nexus 4 instead of the S3 TBH

symple19
11-05-2012, 10:25 AM

Thought so, too. Going to step up to the HD after xmas

Glad to know I'm part of the cool crowd along with TB's Mom :lol

Nathan Explosion
11-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy SIII today. Switched carriers too. Having trouble finding how to use different text tones for individual contacts. So far, biggest complaint. iPhone had it easy there.

Other than that, it's an adjustment. I'm going to miss my iPhone but I wanted something different so I went Android. In 2 years will see how I'm feeling and may try something new again. Downloading all the apps I like is a pain though, especially since some aren't on Android. I did like the Twitter/Instagram app I had on my Kindle Fire, and it's on Google Play so I'm cool with that.

Drachen
11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy SIII today. Switched carriers too. Having trouble finding how to use different text tones for individual contacts. So far, biggest complaint. iPhone had it easy there.

Other than that, it's an adjustment. I'm going to miss my iPhone but I wanted something different so I went Android. In 2 years will see how I'm feeling and may try something new again. Downloading all the apps I like is a pain though, especially since some aren't on Android. I did like the Twitter/Instagram app I had on my Kindle Fire, and it's on Google Play so I'm cool with that.

if you want to download with the help of a full keyboard, just go to play.google.com from your computer and search for your apps, and you can send them to your phone from there. easy peasy.

text tones? do you mean ring tones?

Nathan Explosion
11-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Now, I meant text tones. That way when I get a text, I know who sent it without looking. I ended up downloading a sms app. Works fine now.

Drachen
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Now, I meant text tones. That way when I get a text, I know who sent it without looking. I ended up downloading a sms app. Works fine now.

Ah, ok, just fyi, I use go SMS for my texting. I hear handscent looks like the iphne texting app

Nathan Explosion
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Ah, ok, just fyi, I use go SMS for my texting. I hear handscent looks like the iphne texting app

I downloaded Go SMS Pro. Looks alright. Again, a little disappointed I actually had to download a separate app just to do that, but like I said, it's an adjustment.

I will say this, I already miss the iPhone keyboard. If anyone has suggestions on a good keyboard, let me know because I'm just not feeling the stock one.

Drachen
11-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I have been in love with swype since I first tried it. Swiftkey is good too if you are the type who will stop mid word to hit the predicted word. Plus it predicts the next word, and the next word pretty darn well.

Nathan Explosion
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm also having to add all the photos from my iPhone to Dropbox so I can access them on my GS3. I'll also plug in my phone to my computer and download my photos. Once I get all my contacts to my new phone, I'll reset my iPhone and get ready to sell it.

Part of me wants to keep it and use it as an iPod touch though. That way I can have the photos on three separate devices. That and my kids tend to fight over the Kindle and want to use my phone for Angry Birds and now I can let one have the Kindle and one the phone so I can have some peace and quiet sometimes and still have my phone.

How much is quiet worth to a single parent these days? Might be more than $200.

lefty
11-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm also having to add all the photos from my iPhone to Dropbox so I can access them on my GS3. I'll also plug in my phone to my computer and download my photos. Once I get all my contacts to my new phone, I'll reset my iPhone and get ready to sell it.

Part of me wants to keep it and use it as an iPod touch though. That way I can have the photos on three separate devices. That and my kids tend to fight over the Kindle and want to use my phone for Angry Birds and now I can let one have the Kindle and one the phone so I can have some peace and quiet sometimes and still have my phone.

How much is quiet worth to a single parent these days? Might be more than $200.

I switched from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One S

Transferred files through Dropbox as well

Used the iPhone 4 as an iPod while waiting for my parents to visit us in Canada

My father is pro-Apple, and his old iPhone 3G was slow as shit; I gave him the iPhone 4, but as soon as he started playing with my Android he was like: " shit I want one " :lol

Oh and for the keyboard, Swiftkey :tu

I didnt pay for the full version, found the cracked APK :D

I used to hate it, but I love it now

InRareForm
11-09-2012, 10:46 AM
I downloaded Go SMS Pro. Looks alright. Again, a little disappointed I actually had to download a separate app just to do that, but like I said, it's an adjustment.

I will say this, I already miss the iPhone keyboard. If anyone has suggestions on a good keyboard, let me know because I'm just not feeling the stock one.

swype beta ftw

Drachen
11-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I switched from the iPhone 4 to the HTC One S

Transferred files through Dropbox as well

Used the iPhone 4 as an iPod while waiting for my parents to visit us in Canada

My father is pro-Apple, and his old iPhone 3G was slow as shit; I gave him the iPhone 4, but as soon as he started playing with my Android he was like: " shit I want one " :lol

Oh and for the keyboard, Swiftkey :tu

I didnt pay for the full version, found the cracked APK :D

I used to hate it, but I love it now

Nathan, you can purchase swiftkey through the play store... don't steal.

leemajors
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
:lol not paying $4 for something you use all the time

lefty
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM

:lol And I'm not even Jewish

lefty
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Nathan, you can purchase swiftkey through the play store... don't steal.
I'm just borrowing TBH

I'm still evaluating the product; If I like it I will buy it from the Play Store

Drachen
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Hell, if you want it for free, just check the amazon app of the day every day and swiftkey rolls around there sometimes (that is how I picked it up, though I don't use it because I like swype better)

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM

:lol not getting it for .99 on sale

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Hell, if you want it for free, just check the amazon app of the day every day and swiftkey rolls around there sometimes (that is how I picked it up, though I don't use it because I like swype better)

i used swype till i realized i rarely swiped

Drachen
11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I always Swype. I can't tap anymore because it's too slow

z0sa
11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Currently an incredibly shitty ATT gophone. Tomorrow, a Note 2. :D

Venti Quattro
11-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Note II

lefty
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
no shit

InRareForm
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
didn't realize so many people got the note 2

TheMACHINE
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM

I was talking to one of my coworkers about a restaurant and I couldn't remember the name of the place so I searched "Walzem Road, san antonio" on google maps on chrome on my work computer. Found the place and moved on. About 45 seconds later my phone buzzed with a notification. I looked at it and google now had told me how long it will take and gave me a map including traffic conditions to get to "Walzem Road San Antonio, Tx"

SAWEET!

i had a google now moment today....i went on google now and it had tracking of my amazon packages. LOL. awesome.

Bill_Brasky
11-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Just picked up an Evo 4G LTE(Sprint)......fastest phone I've ever had, the display is amazing(bright, no glare, crystal clear), and I'd forgotten how much I missed the kickstand. The speaker on this thing is loud as fuck too. Combined with it's awesome design, I'm in love with the thing.

The battery on the original Evo was complete shit though. So far this one has been great on battery life, but will it wear down? Or have the battery issues for smartphones been addressed adequately?

leemajors
11-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Just picked up an Evo 4G LTE(Sprint)......fastest phone I've ever had, the display is amazing(bright, no glare, crystal clear), and I'd forgotten how much I missed the kickstand. The speaker on this thing is loud as fuck too. Combined with it's awesome design, I'm in love with the thing.

The battery on the original Evo was complete shit though. So far this one has been great on battery life, but will it wear down? Or have the battery issues for smartphones been addressed adequately?

Depends on the phone, honestly. Some companies, like Apple and Motorola, generally improve battery life from gen to gen (Apple by increasing battery size as other components shrink), some not so much.

Nathan Explosion
11-22-2012, 12:23 AM

The Evo 4G was the phone I was going to get. But the S3 was $99 also, so that's what sold me on it. That and the One X looks so much better in white than in black. Wish the Evo was the same.

spyder
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I just got the Galaxy S3 over the weekend for $50..used to have the piece of shit Instinct..lol..i fuckn hate that phone..the Gs3 is pretty solid so far...the thing is im wondering why my battery level keeps going down so fast..is that suppose to happen..I only have a few apps like FB and espn running...any suggestions out there on why or how i can improve on my battery life? other than that the GS3 kicks freaking ass!! oh and any suggestions on cases and film covers..my pops bought the phone also and he's prone on dropping his phones a lot..i hear the Otter series are good..been looking on Amazon.com for some but there's so damn many...thanks again and everyone have a good day

TheMACHINE
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
congrats...just got my wife a S3 from costco for 29.99 with accesories. Awesome phone. Im sure the battery is dropping fast cuz your on the phone non stop. lol

spyder
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
congrats...just got my wife a S3 from costco for 29.99 with accesories. Awesome phone. Im sure the battery is dropping fast cuz your on the phone non stop. lol
Lol..you're probably right since I'm still tinkering with it and getting used to it...damn..that was a good price on yours..

lefty
11-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Turn 4G off when you don't need it

TheMACHINE
11-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Lol..you're probably right since I'm still tinkering with it and getting used to it...damn..that was a good price on yours..

Black Friday deal..i woulda bought it for 129.99 if i had too. They surprised me with the rebate form after i got it activated. LOL

leemajors
11-27-2012, 07:20 AM
i haven't used any screen covers for a few years, unnecessary imo.

Drachen
11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
i haven't used any screen covers for a few years, unnecessary imo.

you must not have kids. :lol

leemajors
11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
you must not have kids. :lol

I have a 7 year old :lol

Drachen
11-27-2012, 10:43 AM
fair enough.

Besides I am harder on my phone than my kids (mostly because I don't let them play with my phone), especially since I put it in the same pocket as keys, ride my bike with it, etc.

leemajors
11-27-2012, 11:18 AM
ahh I make sure not to put my phone in a pocket with keys or change ever, screen almost always towards my leg.

Drachen
11-27-2012, 11:39 AM
ahh I make sure not to put my phone in a pocket with keys or change ever, screen almost always towards my leg.

I use a front pocket wallet on the right pocket. Phone goes in shirt pocket (if wearing a dress shirt), but in the pocket on the left side (yea that's the crip side) when I am not wearing such a shirt. I usually have my keys on a D-ring, but sometimes just throw one in my pocket...

...and that is the conclusion of "way more than you needed to know about me."

TheMACHINE
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Word is that Verizon's Note2 coming wth 4.2 out the box.

Drachen
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Word is that Verizon's Note2 coming wth 4.2 out the box.

and never getting updated again....

TheMACHINE
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
seriously. u know verizon is bad when my gnex got jellybean 4 months later than it should. LOL

lefty
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Just root it

spyder
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
fair enough.

Besides I am harder on my phone than my kids (mostly because I don't let them play with my phone), especially since I put it in the same pocket as keys, ride my bike with it, etc.
That's why I would need a screen protector because I usually tend to put my phone where I put my keys in my pocket especially after drinking...lol..its happen to me a before

Drachen
11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I know when I sold my hero to best buy as I bought my evo 3d (yeah, stupid, I know) the guy inspecting it couldn't believe how long I had it. Said it was the best screen he had seen.

leemajors
11-27-2012, 10:11 PM
I use a front pocket wallet on the right pocket. Phone goes in shirt pocket (if wearing a dress shirt), but in the pocket on the left side (yea that's the crip side) when I am not wearing such a shirt. I usually have my keys on a D-ring, but sometimes just throw one in my pocket...

...and that is the conclusion of "way more than you needed to know about me."

I am very particular about my pockets/where I put my pocket items when not on my person. I always put my keys in the exact same place and hardly ever lose them. I use my right front pocket for keys/wallet, left front for phone and nothing else.

TeyshaBlue
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM

I am very particular about my pockets/where I put my pocket items when not on my person. I always put my keys in the exact same place and hardly ever lose them. I use my right front pocket for keys/wallet, left front for phone and nothing else.

o hai, Sheldon.:lol

leemajors
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
o hai, Sheldon.:lol

I am messy with just about everything else :lol

TheMACHINE
12-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Sons..this is how we roll now.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484266_10200263868982679_2106705324_n.jpg

lefty
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM
A fridge and a phone?

Venti Quattro
12-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Sons..this is how we roll now.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/484266_10200263868982679_2106705324_n.jpg

Welcome to the club! I got mine in gray.

TheMACHINE
12-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the club! I got mine in gray.

i LOVE the battery life.

Venti Quattro
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
i LOVE the battery life.

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

leemajors
12-05-2012, 11:25 AM
how's that multi view working

lefty
12-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Dont ask Venti, he is still trying to figure out how to use Flipboard

Heck, maybe he doesnt even know why he got a Note 2 yet

TheMACHINE
12-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Is neat. ...I use it for landscape texting

Frenzy
12-07-2012, 10:10 AM
S3. Haven't gotten over the flat feeling.

SourCandy
12-09-2012, 12:43 PM
S3. Haven't gotten over the flat feeling.
You will. Is galaxy the new "I" ?

Heath Ledger
12-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Sprint had a buy one get one deal on the s3 for $199 i ordered today but sprint is out of them wtf, they didn't tell me at the time i ordered.

leemajors
12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Shoulda waited for the 6.3" Note, sons:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/13/3762754/samsung-2013-galaxy-note-iii-galaxy-s-iv

lefty
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Shoulda waited for the 6.3" Note, sons:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/13/3762754/samsung-2013-galaxy-note-iii-galaxy-s-iv

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lakfbgu9r21qb3yna.gif

Trainwreck2100
12-14-2012, 05:02 AM
The Sprint evo 4glte got jellybean today

Drachen
12-15-2012, 10:28 PM
S3 is 50 bucks tomorrow at best buy for VZ, ATT, SPT

lefty
12-16-2012, 12:03 AM
The Sprint evo 4glte got jellybean today

The One S will get the official update in 3025

Thanks God for the dev community

Drachen
12-16-2012, 12:59 PM
S3 is 50 bucks tomorrow at best buy for VZ, ATT, SPT

and we will not be able to take advantage of it. My wife's upgrade is on 01/01 and they want to charge me 50 bucks to push it up two weeks so that I can take advantage of this one day sale. I talked to both CS and retentions... Maybe I really am supposed to jump ship to another carrier.

Drachen
12-16-2012, 01:10 PM
for anyone who wants it, if you are a reward zone member (free to sign up), you can buy an S3 through https://rewardzonemobile.com// for 49 bucks, and you will get 5000 reward zone points (this comes out to 100 dollars worth of best buy gift certificates) so you are paying -50 bucks to buy this phone.

Drachen
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
LOL, wife is pissed. Her phone has been having more problems. We keep bringing it back to the sprint store and they keep doing a factory reset or replacing it to no avail. Bootloops, freeze ups, keyboard disappearing (and hers isn't rooted), etc. She is two weeks out from her upgrade and they wanted to charge her 50 bucks to move her upgrade to today. She stayed on the line with them arguing the ridiculousness of it, she felt that the amount of time she spent going back and forth to the sprint store and sacrificing her lunches, etc was worth at least that, they didn't agree. Found out that the ETFs for our three lines come out to 170 TOTAL and told them that she doesn't feel valued, etc... Long story short, she laid it out for them, if they don't waive the 50 bucks, we walk, and take our 218 a month with us. They said ok. We just have to get a hold of the 3rd line on our account to make this happen.
ATT or Tmobile, I guess we are coming.

DJ Mbenga
12-17-2012, 01:31 AM
i have a htc trophy. if i dont get 7.8 i may throw it in the trash. mango has been acting up a ton

vander
12-17-2012, 11:26 AM
i have a htc trophy. if i dont get 7.8 i may throw it in the trash. mango has been acting up a ton

yeah, I can't decide whether to wait for 7.8 on my lumia or just go spend way to much on the Ativ S right now

Heath Ledger
12-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Just got the S3 good ridden Iphone 4s rest in peace

leemajors
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
pretty good article, I'm definitely over buying a new phone every year:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/20/3786064/lets-be-honest-your-smartphone-price-makes-no-sense

symple19
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy with my Maxx. Think I'll just wait for Verizon to offer the special upgrade price before I get my next phone instead of getting the Maxx HD. Should be something better by then, anyway. (means I will have had my DRM for a year and a half or so)

Good article. Prices for phones are fuckin' silly

leemajors
12-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Drachen, was this you? :lol

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/24/editorial-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-a-new-htc-nexus/

lefty
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/24/editorial-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-a-new-htc-nexus/

An HTC Nexus would be freaking awesome

I'm running a vanilla JB ROM on my HTC and it's pretty awesome

Drachen
12-25-2012, 04:53 PM

LOL, might as well have been.

lefty
01-06-2013, 01:22 AM
i had a google now moment today....i went on google now and it had tracking of my amazon packages. LOL. awesome.

SAWEET!

I too had a Google Now moment today :D

I was out of town for a few hours, and when I grabbed my phone in a coffee shop, I got a notification showing me the estimated time to go back home with the map and best road, traffic status, etc etc

Out of the blue, amazing

Brunodf
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Galaxy X