PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Stern to step down (2014)

Fpoonsie
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
David Stern will step down as NBA commissioner on Feb. 1, 2014, league sources tell Y! Sports. Deputy Adam Silver will replace Stern.

Fpoonsie
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Fuckin' 3g.

WildcardManu
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Freaking A

purplengold
10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Kobe n stern steppin down same time, fiesta in San Antonio

jeebus
10-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Adam Silver. :lol

Clipper Nation
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Kobe n stern steppin down same time, fiesta in San Antonio
Lakers = f:lolcked without their sugar daddy Stern, tbh...

jeebus
10-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Adam Silver is Stern Lite tbh, nothing is gonna change

Clipper Nation
10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Meh, Silver doesn't look like the type of asshole who could pull the shit Stern pulled....

William Hung
10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM

You mean the same sugar daddy that saved the Clippers from the glue factory last year?:lmao

:lolat anyone who thinks this will change anything. The NBA has grown exponentially under Stern's reign and its popularity is at an all-time high--so they won't mess with a good thing.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
2nd best sports commissioner of all-time behind Pete Rozelle, tbh. His sport is globalized, and his work should be appreciated by all:

-The Jordan era
-some of Lakers-Celtics rivalry
-San Antonio won 4 rings during his reign
-Miami got a franchise and won 2 titles
-Stern reanimated the Clippers' corpse last year
-Stern gifted Anthony Davis to a horrible, struggling franchise
-the Kobe Bryant era (which played a huge part in the globalization of the game).

Clipper Nation
10-25-2012, 01:39 PM
You mean the same sugar daddy that saved the Clippers from the glue factory last year?:lmao
Just goes to show that he's a better GM than half the idiots in front offices around the league, tbh... too bad he didn't own the Magic, he could have done better than Aron Afflalo and Al Harrington... :lol

purplengold
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM

sup Stacey? clippers would not have cp3 and lakers would have him + Howard if stern wasn't involved.

Kidd K
10-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm glad that dipshit is leaving, but I am not going to get too excited that his replacement is going to be much better. After all, Adam Silver was Stern's personal fluffer and ass wiper for a long time.

2nd best sports commissioner of all-time behind Pete Rozelle, tbh. His sport is globalized, and his work should be appreciated by all:

-The Jordan era
-the Kobe Bryant era (which played a huge part in the globalization of the game).

Lists are always cool, but it doesn't mention any of the negatives, so it's incomplete.

For example:

At least 3 fixed drafts, if not 4-5 (Ewing, Shaq/Penny, last year's joke draft, possibly D. Rose, etc)

At least 2 fixed playoff series, if not more (Lakers/Kings '02, Spurs/Thunder '12. I'd also add Mavs/Heat '06, but fuck the Mavs really, I enjoyed the collapse.)

Terrible rule changes that gave free reign to unskilled monkeyballers and slashers, and penalized hard working defenders, not to mention practically killed the center position. Now your center practically has to be a "tall PF" to work properly.

Mercy rule assistance through Stern's refs for Stern-preferred teams.

Those are things I certainly won't miss.

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM
^
This is why nobody takes your opinions seriously (except other weak-minded spurfans).

Lincoln
10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Kidd K is a faggot

lefty
10-25-2012, 02:48 PM

-The Jordan era

:lmao

Bynumite
10-25-2012, 03:02 PM
^Mad cuz nobody wants to see bankshots. Jim helps globalize the game when he's getting dunked on, when he's playing the Finals? Not so much.

It's a good thing for the NBA, the fact that Duncan will never play another Finals game :lol

FYM
10-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm glad that dipshit is leaving, but I am not going to get too excited that his replacement is going to be much better. After all, Adam Silver was Stern's personal fluffer and ass wiper for a long time.

Lists are always cool, but it doesn't mention any of the negatives, so it's incomplete.

For example:

At least 3 fixed drafts, if not 4-5 (Ewing, Shaq/Penny, last year's joke draft, possibly D. Rose, etc)

At least 2 fixed playoff series, if not more (Lakers/Kings '02, Spurs/Thunder '12. I'd also add Mavs/Heat '06, but fuck the Mavs really, I enjoyed the collapse.)

Terrible rule changes that gave free reign to unskilled monkeyballers and slashers, and penalized hard working defenders, not to mention practically killed the center position. Now your center practically has to be a "tall PF" to work properly.

Mercy rule assistance through Stern's refs for Stern-preferred teams.

Those are things I certainly won't miss.

:lmao spurs fans

He has a point though on the lakers/kings serie

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-25-2012, 03:36 PM
He's the Al Pacino of sports commissioners. Did some great things back in the day then one day started making shit like he just didn't give a fuck what anyone thought any more.

Monostradamus
10-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Damn, he's skipping out before any real dirt gets discovered. I guarantee you this guy is the most corrupt, crooked commissioner in sports history. I was looking forward to the day feds would knock on his door and he'd put a gun in his mouth Warden Norton style.

Kidd K
10-25-2012, 05:15 PM
^
This is why nobody takes your opinions seriously (except other weak-minded spurfans).

Could easily say the same shit about you, just replace "spur" with "laker".

Kidd K (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33277) is a faggot

You're a professional fluffer.

Edward
10-25-2012, 05:20 PM
You're a professional fluffer.

Do professional fluffers play final fantasy?

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2012, 05:25 PM
fuck that fucker for his bullshit

and by bullshit i mean going from NBC to ABC, EShitPN

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Adam Silver is Stern Lite tbh, nothing is gonna change

Pretty much this. Silver is no less of a shady douche.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
He's the Al Pacino of sports commissioners. Did some great things back in the day then one day started making shit like he just didn't give a fuck what anyone thought any more.

My ass he did. He made people like Jerry Buss and Michael Jordan a lot of money and marginalized more than half the league. He also has created an environment were only boxing scorers are less trusted as officials. When baseball took not one but two giant shits with their cancelled season and the steroid eras and he could not overtake them that tells you all you need to know about his efficacy.

Stern sucks.

Kidd K
10-25-2012, 05:48 PM

Who knows, but I'm sure they're boring faggots that still think watching South Park is cool.

ElNono
10-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Adam Silver is the same shit...

DeadlyDynasty
10-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Who knows, but I'm sure they're boring faggots that still think watching South Park is cool.
A grown man with a Final Fantasy avatar trying to talk shit about someone else? If that don't beat it all...:lol

Kidd K
10-25-2012, 07:15 PM
A grown man with a Final Fantasy avatar trying to talk shit about someone else? If that don't beat it all...:lol

Regardless of what avatar I had, you Lakers/Suns/Mavs fan faggots would talk shit about it. So I can't really take your opinions seriously due to the source and agenda.

Can't argue my points, so you'll talk shit about my avatar. Faggotry at work tbh.

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2012, 07:18 PM

fuck you i play final fantasy, and i have a lbp avatar

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
fuck you i play final fantasy, and i have a lbp avatar

You're a faggot as well

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2012, 07:58 PM
no i;m not

racm
10-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Good riddance, tbh

redzero
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Hey man, don't go there.

The Sephiroth avatar is pretty faggy, though.

lakerhaterade
10-25-2012, 10:09 PM
:lmao final fantasy

Trainwreck2100
10-26-2012, 12:38 AM
it's not a bad game, i loved FFX's soundtrack

HeatChamps
10-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Stern is my main man. This sucks!