PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** 2012 rape thread for the 2012 elections

Edward
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I know we have a thread about legitimate rape, but I think this election season requires a thread about rape as a whole since there are several aspects about rape that have become election topics. To begin with, there is a history of politicians giving their opinions on rape and how it's not what it's cracked up to be. Lets look at the 1990 quote that laid the foundation for all of it when Clayton Williams (R-TX) explains how rape is like having a picnic and getting unexpected rain whereas you should just try and make the most of it:
"It it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it." - March 1990

How bout we look at some quotes about rape in the last year!

Roger Rivard (R-WI) talks about how some women make it too easy to become victims of rape:
"If you go down that road, some girls, they rape so easy." - December 2011

Rick Santorum (R-PA) explaining how he thinks women should try to "make the best" of rape:
“I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January 2012

Liz Trotta (Fox News spokeswoman) explains how women in military should expect to be raped:
"I think they have actually discovered there is a difference between men and women. And the sexual abuse report says that there has been, since 2006, a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults. Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact, the whole airing of this issue has never been done by Congress, it's strictly been a question of pressure from the feminists." - February 2012

Chuck Winder (R-ID) explaining how physicians need to question women about their rape:
“I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” - March 2012

Todd Akin (R-MO) explaining how "legitimate rape" causing pregnancy is medically impossible:
“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." - August 2012

Steve King (R-IA) backs Todd Akin and adds to the point explaining how statutory rape and incest also don't lead to pregnancy:
"Well I just haven’t heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way,” - August 2012

Mike Huckabee (R-AR) backs Todd Akin with an explanation about how rape had led to some cool people:
"And so I know it happens, and yet even from those horrible, horrible tragedies of rape, which are inexcusable and indefensible, life has come and sometimes, you know, those people are able to do extraordinary things.” - August 2012

Sharon Barnes (R-MO) chimes in with more support for Akin explaining he was trying to say that god was blessing victims of rape:
“at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you don’t kill it.” - August 2012

Richard Mourdock (R-IN) explains how pregnancy that results from rape is something "god intended to happen":
"When life begins with that horrible situation of rape, that is something that god intended to happen." - October 2012

Feel free to add some quotes about rape in this election cycle I forgot, I would like this OP to list all of the major opinions/quote regarding rape from the 2012 election.

boutons_deux
10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Rape is God's Will, and of course the "Christians" and Repugs all hear God's voice in their heads all day. :lol

DMC
10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
lol pretending the Dems aren't also believers in the same bullshit god.

Winehole23
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.thestranger.com/binary/0df5/1351121585-gop_rape_advisory-2.gif

Edward
10-25-2012, 02:37 PM

This thread has not singled out Republicans or Democrats. I simply listed some quotes from politicians. If you have any quotes about rape from politicians, don't be afraid to share!

DMC
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
That was intended for Futons Douche

Edward
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
That was intended for Futons Douche

Well in that case I agree with you. Sorry.

(koch brothers, willard gecko, repugs, fucked and unfuckable, thingprogress.com, GFY, tbh, imho, lamborghini mercy, etc.)

DMC
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Bill Clinton is the only President who was actually accused of rape.

TeyshaBlue
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Well in that case I agree with you. Sorry.

(koch brothers, willard gecko, repugs, fucked and unfuckable, thingprogress.com, GFY, tbh, imho, lamborghini mercy, etc.)

:lol:lol

Clipper Nation
10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Why are these people's advisors telling them it's a good idea to even say the word "rape" at all during a campaign?

Edward
10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Why are these people's advisors telling them it's a good idea to even say the word "rape" at all during a campaign?
Their advisers aren't telling them to do it. They can't help themselves. There's no fuckin way Todd Akin consulted his line about legitimate rape with his advisers before saying it.

boutons_deux
10-25-2012, 03:31 PM

Give us some quotes where Dem politicians say rape is legit, or any god's will, gift, etc.

If you can't, GFY

TeyshaBlue
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Give us some quotes where Dem politicians say rape is legit, or any god's will, gift, etc.

If you can't, GFY

lol @ the bot begging for cites.

Edward
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
boutons, this is not a partisan thread. Quit derailing it. Either talk about some rape or leave my thread.

GFY! Willard Gecko, koch brothers, bubbas, unfuckable, shit I forget all the other boutons terms

scott
10-25-2012, 03:35 PM
boutons, this is not a partisan thread. Quit derailing it. Either talk about some rape or leave my thread. GFY!

qft

Edward
10-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Sorry about the last minute edit, I wanted to make sure I included certain terms which register with boutons

DMC
10-25-2012, 05:33 PM

If you can't, GFY

If you're raping someone, you must think it's legit. Dems agreed because they elected him president. After Clinton, there should never be a "we respect women more" push by the left, ever.

However, the talk isn't even about rape, it's about abortion. Pro lifers will never give ground on that, and saying a life isn't a life because of how it was conceived is just saying there are exceptions to their arbitrary "at conception" stance. They don't want to give that ground. Likewise, pro choice people are using that as a lightning rod to say that pro lifers are barbaric.

Edward
10-26-2012, 08:49 AM
BUMP - fucking boutons killed this thread but it must be rejuvinated. Spurstalk has a right to have a non-partisan discussion of rape and how it'll affect this election.

Winehole23
10-26-2012, 08:56 AM
start us off then. lol non-partisan.

Edward
10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
start us off then. lol non-partisan.
Look at the OP, I already did start us off by listing non-partisan quotes verbatim as they were said. Why is it so hard for others to keep something non-partisan. I mean, with boutons it's because he's a robot the DNC has programmed to spam the internet, but I expect better from others.

TeyshaBlue
10-26-2012, 10:07 AM
See petitio principii as a construct. You've pretty much nailed it.

Just sayin.

boutons_deux
10-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I know we have a thread about legitimate rape, but I think this election season requires a thread about rape as a whole since there are several aspects about rape that have become election topics. To begin with, there is a history of politicians giving their opinions on rape and how it's not what it's cracked up to be. Lets look at the 1990 quote that laid the foundation for all of it when Clayton Williams (R-TX) explains how rape is like having a picnic and getting unexpected rain whereas you should just try and make the most of it:
"It it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it." - March 1990

How bout we look at some quotes about rape in the last year!

Roger Rivard (R-WI) talks about how some women make it too easy to become victims of rape:

Rick Santorum (R-PA) explaining how he thinks women should try to "make the best" of rape:
“I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January 2012

Liz Trotta (Fox News spokeswoman) explains how women in military should expect to be raped:
"I think they have actually discovered there is a difference between men and women. And the sexual abuse report says that there has been, since 2006, a 64% increase in violent sexual assaults. Now, what did they expect? These people are in close contact, the whole airing of this issue has never been done by Congress, it's strictly been a question of pressure from the feminists." - February 2012

Chuck Winder (R-ID) explaining how physicians need to question women about their rape:
“I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” - March 2012

Todd Akin (R-MO) explaining how "legitimate rape" causing pregnancy is medically impossible:
“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." - August 2012

Steve King (R-IA) backs Todd Akin and adds to the point explaining how statutory rape and incest also don't lead to pregnancy:
"Well I just haven’t heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way,” - August 2012

Mike Huckabee (R-AR) backs Todd Akin with an explanation about how rape had led to some cool people:
"And so I know it happens, and yet even from those horrible, horrible tragedies of rape, which are inexcusable and indefensible, life has come and sometimes, you know, those people are able to do extraordinary things.” - August 2012

Sharon Barnes (R-MO) chimes in with more support for Akin explaining he was trying to say that god was blessing victims of rape:
“at that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you don’t kill it.” - August 2012

Richard Mourdock (R-IN) explains how pregnancy that results from rape is something "god intended to happen":
"When life begins with that horrible situation of rape, that is something that god intended to happen." - October 2012

Feel free to add some quotes about rape in this election cycle I forgot, I would like this OP to list all of the major opinions/quote regarding rape from the 2012 election.

a non-partisan thread, but ONLY REPUGS and FOX REPUG network are quoted?

leemajors
10-26-2012, 10:47 AM
excellent work here Edward

I think this one is my fave