PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: No Duncan - who is the best since Jordan?

ambchang
10-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I say Shaquille. But when all is said and done, it will be Lebron, with or without Duncan.

lakerhaterade
10-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Kobe obsessed takes in 3, 2, 1

Samuel Eto'o
10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
ambchang (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=986) is an offensively bad ST poster.

Riddler
10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
ambchang (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=986) is an offensively bad ST poster.

Proof that anybody can get bolded around here :lol

whitemamba
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
what would this forum be without retards like this should be the title.

Clipper Nation
10-25-2012, 08:49 PM
LeBron, tbh.....

ambchang
10-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Proof that anybody can get bolded around here :lol

Except you, apparently. :(

purplengold
10-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Shaq better than Duncan tho

lefty
10-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Latrell Sprewell

ah what could have been

Juggity
10-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Shaq better than Duncan tho

For about two or three years.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 02:04 AM
For about two or three years.

fo most of his career, Shaq peak better n career better n last years in league gon be betta. Shaq just betta straight up

Juggity
10-26-2012, 02:20 AM
fo most of his career, Shaq peak better n career better n last years in league gon be betta. Shaq just betta straight up

It seems like it would be harder to type in a consistent dialect than it would be just to type using normal grammar conventions.

Is that the case, Kool?

purplengold
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
It seems like it would be harder to type in a consistent dialect than it would be just to type using normal grammar conventions.

Is that the case, Kool?

Ya sour yo boy Duncan not in da same class as Shaq?

Juggity
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Ya sour yo boy Duncan not in da same class as Shaq?

Shaq definitely was better on offense than Duncan at his absolute prime, but Shaq's work ethic declined with age. I think it'd be difficult to argue that Shaq was a better player overall, given Duncan's commitment to defense and his longevity.

Dex
10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Shaq was more dominant when he was in peak form, but that was mostly due to his size. Duncan was the more skilled player and better teammate. They were neck and neck in the title race, but Duncan had more sustained success over a longer period of time.

LOL Shaq sucking in Phoenix, Boston, and his last year with Miami.

But I digress. To the point of the thread, my vote goes to Kobe. However, Durant could be coming to take his place. I refuse to give the nod to Lebron just because he is still a douchebag.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM
So you don't give the nod to LeBron because "he's a douchebag," but you DO give the nod to the biggest douchebag in sports? Whatever you say, man..... :lol

Dex
10-26-2012, 01:03 PM
So you don't give the nod to LeBron because "he's a douchebag," but you DO give the nod to the biggest douchebag in sports? Whatever you say, man..... :lol

Kobe may be a douchebag, but you can't argue with his game, or his rings.

Lebron is on the same level of douchebaggery, but that one title isn't putting him on Kobe's level yet.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Shaq definitely was better on offense than Duncan at his absolute prime, but Shaq's work ethic declined with age. I think it'd be difficult to argue that Shaq was a better player overall, given Duncan's commitment to defense and his longevity.

thing about sayin longevity is that they both not same. Shaq be dominant n Duncan be soft touch. longevity have to adjusted fo factors such as necessity fo physical ability n the fact Shaq change teams a lot. it arguable Duncan consistency be because he stay with pop n spurs all his career, he play ina system. Shaq always play traditional center except with Jackson n triangle cuz that called fo him ta pass more.

duncan gotta betta work ethic n stay in his playin form, that he got ova Shaq easy. Duncan mo balanced n better facilitator also. he also betta overall defense cuz versatility n passing blocks. that dun, however, make up fo the beast that Shaq is. better player is a factor of every aspect of da game n while Duncan was great in most aspect, Shaq been unstoppable on one side of da court while just his physical presence was enough ta make him valuable on defense.

Shaq made errybody better on his team fo ova 10 years because nobody gave a shit bout other 4 players, you need ta stop Shaq cuz if ya don't then he fg% over 70. When dominance make people like fisher pull off one of the best 3pt shooting Eva in post season, it awe inspiring. Shaq dominance on offense n impact on team game plan is why he betta.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Kobe may be a douchebag, but you can't argue with his game, or his rings.

Lebron is on the same level of douchebaggery, but that one title isn't putting him on Kobe's level yet.
Three MVP's and a title as the undisputed leader of the team immediately puts LBJ well above Kobe, tbh....

You can't really argue too much with LBJ's game, he can play any position except center.... you CAN, however, argue with Kobe's inefficient chucking and ballhogging....

Also, LBJ is nowhere near Kobe's level of douchebaggery.... LeBron hasn't raped anyone, hasn't snitched on anyone, and doesn't openly feud with teammates from YEARS ago... he spent years of his prime trying to make it work in Cleveland, when Kobe was too pussy to at least TRY being a Hornet....

purplengold
10-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Three MVP's and a title as the undisputed leader of the team immediately puts LBJ well above Kobe, tbh....

You can't really argue too much with LBJ's game, he can play any position except center.... you CAN, however, argue with Kobe's inefficient chucking and ballhogging....

Also, LBJ is nowhere near Kobe's level of douchebaggery.... LeBron hasn't raped anyone, hasn't snitched on anyone, and doesn't openly feud with teammates from YEARS ago... he spent years of his prime trying to make it work in Cleveland, when Kobe was too pussy to at least TRY being a Hornet....

kobe n Lebron both assholes, but at least kobe not afraid ta show it n worry about preserve his image. ya call lakers fakers but Kobe dun fake his ego - Lebron however...chosen 1

also if ya wanna dick, Stacy, hit up my friend deandre

DisAsTerBot
10-26-2012, 02:09 PM
thing about sayin longevity is that they both not same. Shaq be dominant n Duncan be soft touch. longevity have to adjusted fo factors such as necessity fo physical ability n the fact Shaq change teams a lot. it arguable Duncan consistency be because he stay with pop n spurs all his career, he play ina system. Shaq always play traditional center except with Jackson n triangle cuz that called fo him ta pass more.

duncan gotta betta work ethic n stay in his playin form, that he got ova Shaq easy. Duncan mo balanced n better facilitator also. he also betta overall defense cuz versatility n passing blocks. that dun, however, make up fo the beast that Shaq is. better player is a factor of every aspect of da game n while Duncan was great in most aspect, Shaq been unstoppable on one side of da court while just his physical presence was enough ta make him valuable on defense.

Shaq made errybody better on his team fo ova 10 years because nobody gave a shit bout other 4 players, you need ta stop Shaq cuz if ya don't then he fg% over 70. When dominance make people like fisher pull off one of the best 3pt shooting Eva in post season, it awe inspiring. Shaq dominance on offense n impact on team game plan is why he betta.

fuuuuck

i tried to read it, i really did

Dex
10-26-2012, 02:12 PM

You raise valid points. :tu

thunderup
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Clipper Nation is the epitome of a fairweather fan.

:lol keep fondling Lebron's testicles bandwagon fan

purplengold
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
fuuuuck

i tried to read it, i really did

you ain't real bright if it that hard

DisAsTerBot
10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
you ain't real bright if it that hard

lol ironic coming from the guy who can't type/speak correctly

Clipper Nation
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Clipper Nation is the epitome of a fairweather fan.

:lol keep fondling Lebron's testicles bandwagon fan
:lol OKC
:lol Bandwagon city
:lol Reduced to stealing a team
:lol Default bandwagon team for LeBron's haters

purplengold
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
lol ironic coming from the guy who can't type/speak correctly

wha make ya think I can't n not won't?

or ya not eva learn the difference?

DisAsTerBot
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM

oh ok, so you actually make an effort to sound like an idiot... got it :tu

Dex
10-26-2012, 03:24 PM

If your goal is to put up a facade of ignorance....mission accomplished.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 03:27 PM
oh ok, so you actually make an effort to sound like an idiot... got it :tu

no effort but if it take an effort for ya ta read it then it say mo about you bein on da left side of the bell curb than me bein illiterate.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 03:28 PM
If your goal is to put up a facade of ignorance....mission accomplished.

i dun think ignorance da proper word for somebody typin how dey want.

Dex
10-26-2012, 03:31 PM
i dun think ignorance da proper word for somebody typin how dey want.

Hey, you can type however you like. It's a free country.

Which means people are also free to make assumptions based on the way you choose to present yourself.

If it floats your boat, knock yourself out.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey, you can type however you like. It's a free country.

Which means people are also free to make assumptions based on the way you choose to present yourself.

If it floats your boat, knock yourself out.

if ya say it ignorance then ya made a shallow logical fallacy, just sayin

Clipper Nation
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM

It's annoying either way and buries whatever points you try to make....

purplengold
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
It's annoying either way and buries whatever points you try to make....

ain't tryna win anybody ova, Stacy. I dun tryna conform by overly hatin Kobe/lakers or hugging brons dick. ima just a fan postin n talkin lil shit on the side

Raven
10-26-2012, 04:38 PM

wow, that's so pathetic it's sad..

purplengold
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
wow, that's so pathetic it's sad..

wit a name like raven ya gotta be more tactful in insultin people

Raven
10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
wit a name like raven ya gotta be more tactful in insultin people

it wasn't an insult. just describin the situation tbh..

Spursfan092120
10-26-2012, 05:39 PM

DTc--4jz0GQ

purplengold
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
it wasn't an insult. just describin the situation tbh..

description be subjective n negative, that be an insult

purplengold
10-26-2012, 05:48 PM
DTc--4jz0GQ

ya disagree or you too inept ta read?

Kidd K
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
It is Shaq unless LeBron gets at least 4 rings, which I doubt is going to happen. Wade's getting older, and his game will not age well since it's heavily based on athleticism. LeBron is roosting in the terrible eastern conference though, so it's pretty much a cakewalk into the Finals this year for the Heat. Possibly next year too if Rose doesn't come back 100% and no other team steps up out east as usual.

Anyway, Shaq easily. This isn't some "who's scored the most points since MJ" bullshit. Who's hit the rest of the league in the head with a pipe more years than anyone else since MJ? It's Shaq and Duncan, but since we're excluding Duncan, the answer is Shaq.

Jeff Van Gundy
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Shaq is better than Duncan since Jordan. It should be Shaq>Duncan>Kobe. That's it and that is all

Spursfan092120
10-26-2012, 09:11 PM
ya disagree or you too inept ta read?
disagree, and I don't understand stupid, so it started giving me a headache..didn't finish it, tbh.

purplengold
10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
disagree, and I don't understand stupid, so it started giving me a headache..didn't finish it, tbh.

if ya cant read it then ya pretty stupid already, ain't rocket science. if somtin like that make yo head hurt then ya prolly go through mental shut downs ona regular basis

HI-FI
10-26-2012, 09:51 PM
purplengold is an underrated poster tbh. Homeland Stout has gone full retard with this one.

da_suns_fan
10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Sorry Spurs fans, but Duncan wasnt even CLOSE to as dominant as Shaq was in his prime.

And Duncan is a center in all but name.

ambchang
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Agreed Duncan's peak is not as high as Shaquille, but not close is stretching it. Duncan won 2 MVP's and to finals MVP during Shaq's prime, and advanced metrics showed, when pace is factored in, their offensive production is not as far apar, and Duncan's defense is far superior.

Venti Quattro
10-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Duncan is not included because he's not in consideration. Makes it for users to sort out things.

scanry
10-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Lebron will go down as the best player since Jordan. I don't think it'll even be a debate 5 years from now. I see Lebron winning maybe 1 or 2 more reg season MVPs and 1-2 championships. Winning 3 will put him above the trio of Duncan, Shaq & Kobe. If he fails, then Shaq is the best since Jordan.

However no one will ever be as dominant as Shaq any time soon. I remember seeing Pop looking at Shaq in 2001 & 2002 playoffs, he didn't have an answer. Duncan was just starting to peak and he had to overcome Shaq. That's why i consider Duncan's 2003 playoff series against the Lakers his greatest series ever. He was amazing in Game 6 in LA.