mabrignani
10-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Lookin like a straight moo how

racm
10-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Probably their best backcourt player tbh

Pelicans78
10-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Too slow to be an everyday starter. PG is a huge problem on this team and will be for awhile.

Raven
10-27-2012, 07:12 AM
still can't believe they passed on Kendall Marshall and paired their huge frontcourt with an overrated ballhog...

Pelicans78
10-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Marshall will be an average player at best. They wanted to trade down but didn't get a good offer. So, they figure Rivers and Gordon will give them two guys who can score in the backcourt. Gordon will be the primary ball-handler anyway. I didn't like the Rivers pick since he wasn't worthy of a top 10 pick. I think he's overrated as well. But they felt he was the only guy available at that spot who could start long-term. Their wasn't a good SF available and they have Davis, Anderson, and Gordon starting long-term at center, PF, and SG.

Still, I hate his game. He's soft, he can't shoot or defend, and he makes poor decisions. I would have preferred Jeremy Lamb or Terrence Jones. If Sullinger didn't drop due to medical reasons, he would have been a clear choice at that spot.

Raven
10-27-2012, 10:11 AM
What about Perry Jones? Seems he would have been a perfect fit..

Pelicans78
10-27-2012, 10:17 AM
What about Perry Jones? Seems he would have been a perfect fit..

Nah. Wasn't that good either. He's a perimeter big man who can't shoot that great and will have a hard time dribbling past NBA wing players. His perimeter skills are fine if he's playing the 4, but he sees himself as a SF but he's 6'11 230-240. He has no post game and doesn't defend well in the paint. He won't last long as a SF in this league because his perimeter skills aren't good enough at this level. Now, if he's playing a stretch 4, sure he can get by, but he has to improve his defense as well. He fell for a reason and not just because of his knees.

Latarian Milton
10-27-2012, 10:23 AM
dey drafting lesser talents for position reasons is another example why it's a shitty franchise. a smart team would've picked the best player available instead of one that seemed to fit the team well but not guaranteed so, lamb was clearly a better option out there IMHO

also it was a self-pwnage for them to write their future plan around the wimp named eric gordon who doesnt have any interest playing there at all, nigga's gonna get his ass shipped out of town on his own request before the trade deadline imho

Pelicans78
10-27-2012, 10:34 AM
I agree. I would have gone with Lamb or Terrence Jones. I was meh on Meyers Leonard. Would have been fine on Henson who will at least defend and rebound well in this league. But the Rivers pick tainted what was a good draft with Davis and Darius Miller in the 2nd round.

Pelicans78
10-27-2012, 10:35 AM
If Gordon can stay healthy and have an excellent season, I would trade him to the highest bidder.