PDA

View Full Version : We need a Center right? How about these 2?

TMSKILZ
06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Theo Ratliff currently with the WeedBlazers, more athletic, sure handed, better DEFer & scorer than both Nazr & Rasho. Downside is his salary & injuries past 2 yrs. If healthy, this guy would be killer next to TD.

Another guy that would help is Jamaal Magloire of the Hornets. Rumors have him on the trading block. I think Spurs could swing deals for either without giving much of anything up.

Both players would be major upgrades over Nazr & Rasho. I like Nazr, but it's obvious he struggles to be effective against taller/longer & athletic front courts, we need to counter that.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Another guy that would help is Jamaal Magloire of the Hornets. Rumors have him on the trading block. I think Spurs could swing deals for either without giving much of anything up.

I believe that he's being traded to Toronto.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Ratliff's salary is too big to pick up. The Spurs would have to send too much out of here. Magloire...I'll be honest and say I don't know a huge amount about him, but that could be that he was bitten pretty hard by the injury bug this year. I'm basing that simply on the fact that he plays for the Hornets and they were probably the least healthy team in the NBA in a long time.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Ratliff's salary is too big to pick up.

True, he makes almost $12M this season, but maybe they'll drop him and the Spurs can pick him up for cheap.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-27-2005, 09:47 AM
True, he makes almost $12M this season, but maybe they'll drop him and the Spurs can pick him up for cheap.

That would be nice. If we got someone like Ratliff I think Rasho would be a tradeable commodity. I'm not going to hold my breath for another quality center to suddenly drop into our laps. Isiah Thomas isn't running the entire NBA after all.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 09:47 AM
The Spurs have centers right now, 2 of them to be exact.

TMSKILZ
06-27-2005, 09:48 AM
I would hope that to be the case, but I doubt it since they're looking to get rid of SAR in trades, they need an inside presence.
Maybe a Rasho + Ca$h for Ratliff straight up deal?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Maybe a Rasho + Ca$h for Ratliff straight up deal?

Impossible. Rasho makes $6.7M and Ratliff makes $11.7M.

TMSKILZ
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Damn! How about we throw in TMass & another body to even the salary?

Another player I truly wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs picking up is Chris Anderson (Whiteboy with the tattoos) from the Hornets I believe. Guy is active , can shoot & hustles his azz off.

ICE3000
06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
mcgloire would be great... if you never seen him play he is the poor mans Tim Duncan... they have similar styles

Sense
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Damn! How about we throw in TMass & another body to even the salary?

Another player I truly wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs picking up is Chris Anderson (Whiteboy with the tattoos) from the Hornets I believe. Guy is active , can shoot & hustles his azz off.

I hate him......terribly.

WayDowntownBang
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Why fix it if it isn't broken?

MI21
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
The Spurs might have the best Center rotation in the league.

Nazr Mohammed, Tim Duncan and Rasho Nesterovic.

TMSKILZ
06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
I hate him......terribly.
Why?

Sense
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Why?

He's the "I'm good look at me guy"...

I don't know I just don't like his personality...
Like him being in the Slam Dunk contest...ugh, hated that..

I really don't think he's a good player, I don't think he even deserves to be in the Spurs bench..

I would compare him to malik rose, cept worse...

And I hate Malik..

ChumpDumper
06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Have you seen what the Hornets are asking for Magloire? #6 and #17 in addition to whatever players would make it work under the cap. It'd be nice to see if Nazr would beat him out of a starting job again, I guess.

What happened to Ratliff's rebounding? He sucks on the boards now.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 10:06 AM
What happened to Ratliff's rebounding? He sucks on the boards now.

:lol I was just going to say that. How did he average only 5 and 5 this season in 28 mpg.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Have you seen what the Hornets are asking for Magloire? #6 and #17 in addition to whatever players would make it work under the cap. It'd be nice to see if Nazr would beat him out of a starting job again, I guess.

I thought the trade on the table now was just one of those picks plus Morris Peterson and Aaron Williams to New Orleans for Magloire.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2005, 10:13 AM
I thought the trade on the table now was just one of those picks plus Morris Peterson and Aaron Williams to New Orleans for Magloire.Haven't read the stories today. That sounds better, but I would have to think they still want the #6 -- we don't have alot a rebuilding NOLA would want right now. Half the reason they are asking for so much is because Magloire is a Toronto native.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
The Toronto Sun cites sources that the Hornets may be willing to settle for substantially less and talks of a rumoured deal that would send a first-round pick, Morris Peterson and Aaron Williams to New Orleans for Magloire.

The Hornets signed Peterson to an offer sheet last summer, but the Raptors matched the deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?ID=128966

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Look, the Spurs don't need to make a move for a center. It's not a glaring weakness. Sure, if the right deal came along, go for it. But the Spurs are pretty set at the 5.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Why fix it if it isn't broken?

btw - what trades are "you guys" considering for Det.?
is the Rasheed trade rumor holding any water?