PDA

View Full Version : The all-punked team

Walton Buys Off Me
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Let's reflect on the biggest bitches of this year's playoffs. The list is long of pretenders that had their asses handed to them by the silver-and-black but I've narrowed it doen to these five insignificant wastes of genetic tissue.

1. Goerge Karl- whined to the refs non-stop while his ‘team’ got punked four straight after we handed them game 1 on a silver platter.

2. Ray Allen- cried about how much of a bully Bruce Bowen was……his missed three ended his season and maybe his career in Seattle.

3. Jerome James- talked a lot of smack for a third-rate center. Fouled out of the decisive game 6 and watched from the bench as his season ended. Fitting.

4. Robert Sarver- called our bench chickens for not playing Duncan and Ginobili during a regular season game in March, then watched his Suns get shit-hammered 4-1 in the Western Conference Finals. Who’s laughing now Sarver? Bitch!

5. Rasheed Wallace- one question Sheed, now that we’ve taken your pride, your title, your ring, do we get your stupid replica piece of crap belt too? Talk about style over substance. Sheed ain’t shit. Have a nice summer bi-atch!

Please feel free to add to the list. Why don't we call it "Pop's hos"? Maybe we can make a "Pop's ho-a-da-day" feature this summer at fullsportpress?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-27-2005, 11:42 AM
There is currently a list underway that will debut shortly.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 11:44 AM
That's a good start.

I would add the columnist for ESPN.com (Hollinger was it?) who referred to the Spurs as the "Atlanta Braves of Basketball" after Game 6.

Oh yeah, and Brian Cox. Who's "S-O-F-T" now, bitch?

spurster
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Jeff van Gundy (the refs are out to get me) deserves a place on this list.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Hubie Brown deserves a spot.

Dex
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
8) Amare Stoudemire - Played like a manchild, and still got sent home.

At least he's got the time to put in some extra pushups now.

cmc$purs
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
BRIAN i never won shit COX :blah :cuss :flipoff

WOODY PAIGE :jack

BILL that was the best ....in the history of the nba WALTON :flipoff

SAS :blah :cuss :flipoff

SWC Bonfire
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
8) Amare Stoudemire - Played like a manchild, and still got sent home.

:wtf

Don't know that Amare got "punked", he threw up like 40 ppg?

Dex
06-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't you feel punked if you played the best basketball of your life and still got sent fishing?

Either way, I was moreso referring to the pushups that, IMO, principally ended the Suns' season before Amare could pick his ass up off the floor.

spurster
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
How about the Wizards and their second-round tshirts?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Bowen's Bitches

Carmelo Anthony
Ray Allen
Shawn Marion
Rip Hamilton
Chauncey Billups

dn0
06-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Hubie Brown the pistons cheerleader :cuss

bigbendbruisebrother
06-27-2005, 12:00 PM
5. Walton

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Media Bitches

Hubie Brown
Stephen A Smith
Bernie Lincicome
Woody Paige
Brian Cox
Bill Walton (for calling Duncan soft and shell of his former self)

Spurminator
06-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Bill Walton gave some of the absolute worst analysis I have ever seen during the NBA Finals. I had gotten to a point where I could tolerate his hyperbolic commentary during games, but he took it to another (less amusing) level during the Finals. There are lines you shouldn't cross, and I think questioning a two-time-Finals-MVP's manhood is one of those lines.

Guru of Nothing
06-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Karl Malone.

Solid D
06-27-2005, 12:04 PM
S. A. Smith's championship hat

http://storetn.cafepress.com/4/9562864_F_store.jpg

spur219
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Come on Kori you have to add Greg Anthony.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Shouldn't Danny Fortson be on the punked list?

Mixability
06-27-2005, 12:07 PM
TNT's broadcasting team would be a great replacement for Walton and his idiotic self, but it would be nice for him to stick around, just so I can see Barkley shut his ass up.

Dex
06-27-2005, 12:08 PM
The dumbass Detroit fan that supposedly taunted Robert Horry before the Father's Day Trey

Thanks for the championship, guy. :lol

dn0
06-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I almost forgot, a huge f**k you from manu to Lincicome. :flipoff

Manu20
06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Media Bitches

Hubie Brown
Stephen A Smith
Bernie Lincicome
Woody Paige
Brian Cox
Speaking of Stephen A Smith there is a article called "Stephen A. Smith | Unhappily, Spurs' win included a dog show" but you need to be registered.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/ Is number 10 from top to bottom.

I have not read it but I'm 100% he is hating on Glenn Robinson.

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Media Bitches

Hubie Brown
Stephen A Smith
Bernie Lincicome
Woody Paige
Brian Cox

You forgot Greg Anthony. He said so much BS during the Finals it's not even funny. THEN AFTER we win the freaking title, he goes on to say that winning 3 in a row in more impressive than what the Spurs did?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I didn't forget Greg Anthony. I just don't have a problem with him. He battled with Walton and others when they were going off on Tim being soft and weak. So I give him credit for that.

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
I didn't forget Greg Anthony. I just don't have a problem with him. He battled with Walton and others when they were going off on Tim being soft and weak. So I give him credit for that.

What about him not giving Spurs credit even AFTER we won the championship?

Uncle Donnie
06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Speaking of Stephen A Smith there is a article called "Stephen A. Smith | Unhappily, Spurs' win included a dog show" but you need to be registered.
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/ Is number 10 from top to bottom.

Stephen A. Smith | Unhappily, Spurs' win included a dog show

By Stephen A. Smith

Inquirer Columnist

Consider it a travesty of epic proportions, the kind that won't go down as anything significant in the NBA Finals but definitely should.

Somewhere in the parade-like atmosphere inside San Antonio's SBC Center on Thursday night, amid the kind of fanfare and euphoria reserved for champions, "The Big Dog," Glenn Robinson, was not only allowed to infiltrate the proceedings but join the championship celebration as well.

There was the sickening sight of Robinson hugging Spurs coach Gregg Popovich one minute, Manu Ginobili the next. Of Robinson prancing around the arena acting like his one-point, 1.5-rebound, 4.5-minute average in these NBA Finals had anything to do with winning.

The only thing more disgusting than Robinson's smile was the residual disheartening effect he left in his wake back in Philadelphia - a place that embraced him when he arrived and built "no re-entry" barricades for Robinson the second he left town after stealing $22 million from the 76ers.

That's right - $22 million. Not just the $12 million he received last season for refusing to play a single game for the Sixers, but the $10 million he hoodwinked out of them by playing just 42 games in the 2003-04 season.

Consider that Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Reggie Miller and a host of other notable names - after giving their blood, sweat and tears - never experienced a moment like Robinson experienced three nights ago, then rub and massage that upset stomach of yours as much as you can.

In the interest of full disclosure, let's be clear: I don't like Robinson. Not even a little bit. (Although my heart did go out to Robinson and his family weeks ago after his mother passed away.)

I'm unsure as to whether my disdain for him began when he flipped his middle finger at former Sixers coach Randy Ayers, repeatedly refused to listen to Ayers' instructions, stayed away from huddles during time-outs, or accidentally bumped Ayers en route to the bench at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena in what would be Ayers' last game as coach of the Sixers. (Ayers said he does not recall the bumping incident.)

Best guess is that all of the above apply, not to mention quitting on his teammates, not even attempting to hide it while taking every penny - especially after he got Ayers fired - and doing so without the slightest bit of compunction whatsoever.

To quote Billy King, Sixers president and general manager, several weeks ago on WIP-AM (610).

"I love the San Antonio Spurs and Gregg Popovich in particular. But I can't root for them as long as [Robinson] is on that team. He quit on [the Sixers]. He quit on his teammates. He was a dog!"

And then some!

The sad part is, none of us saw it coming.

When Robinson arrived in Philadelphia on July 23, 2003, the city nearly threw a block party. A career 20-point-per-game scorer in nine seasons, eight with the Milwaukee Bucks, Robinson was seen as the quintessential supplementary scorer Allen Iverson had sorely lacked.

"I can't put into words how happy I am right now," Iverson said back then, from Puerto Rico during the Olympic qualifying round. "I love it. He's the best player I've ever had as a teammate."

Go ahead and ask Iverson how he feels now. I guarantee you he harbors no interest in kissing Robinson on the lips.

Iverson knows Robinson quit on him, the Sixers, and the city of Philadelphia. He knows Robinson could have played all those months he swore his ankle wasn't up to par. It may have been foolish and wrong for former coach Jim O'Brien to bench Robinson in favor of rookie Andre Iguodala, particularly considering the discrepancy in salaries and the fact that Iguodala would have had no problem coming off the bench, but there is never an excuse for quitting on your team.

A lot was made of Alonzo Mourning's and Jim Jackson's refusing to show up to Toronto and New Orleans, respectively, after being traded earlier this season. But at least they remain AWOL instead of collecting a salary while they were at Chili's or Houlihan's.

Robinson isn't being criticized because of his game. We all know he spent years as one of the game's prolific scorers. His abilities will never be questioned or debated in this column.

But neither will his ethics or professionalism. For there is no doubt he's devoid of both those qualities.

His is a label for quitters. The kind who does so without regret or sorrow. And if his story isn't horrific enough, consider this last poignant reality: Rasho Nesterovic probably deserves a championship more that Robinson does right now.

Forgive the ignorance of anyone who disagrees.

They're probably not in Philadelphia. They simply don't know any better.

SWC Bonfire
06-27-2005, 12:30 PM
And if his story isn't horrific enough, consider this last poignant reality: Rasho Nesterovic probably deserves a championship more that Robinson does right now.

:flipoff :makemyday

Why is this Philly homer getting national run?

Manu20
06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks Uncle Donnie for the article.

Duff McCartney
06-27-2005, 12:40 PM
T Park.

TwoHandJam
06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Lets not forget Mike D'Antoni. Pop put him in a dress on a street corner and collected money off him in the WCF's. He got pimped big time. Talk about being outcoached. Ouch!

Honorable mentions:

Marion
K-Mart
Potapenko
Jerome
Fortson
Tayshaun
Sheed

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Kid Rock and Eminem can suck my balls!

td4mvp3
06-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Media Bitches

Hubie Brown
Stephen A Smith
Bernie Lincicome
Woody Paige
Brian Cox

greg anthony. he picked the mavs to come out of the west and detroit to win it in 6.

easjer
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
That article is sickening. I don't know the details of his past, and I can't blame Philly fans for not liking attitude described there. But, one, Rasho has worked hard and deserves that fucking championship, so back the fuck off. Two, Big Dog had an attitude adjustment, and prepared himself for the Spurs whenever they needed him. Third, you most certainly did not send out condolences, you were an absolute asshole to someone who's family was going through a severe loss, so don't play as if you did anything but sputter.

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 02:00 PM
I'll admit, it was shady what Big Dawg did to the Sixers... I hated it when Alonzo did it this year, when VC did it this year. I hate when basketball players act like they're the best thing in the world and do stupid shit like not showing up to whatever team they were traded to. Being a basketball player is your job, like everyone else has one, you show up and play your all no matter if you play for the San Antonio SPurs or the Charlotte Bobcats. I don't get paid to take days, months off like that and neither should they.

dmac
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM

just sour grapes, friggin cry baby. here it is if anyone is interested:

Posted on Sun, Jun. 26, 2005

Stephen A. Smith | Unhappily, Spurs' win included a dog show

By Stephen A. Smith

Inquirer Columnist

Consider it a travesty of epic proportions, the kind that won't go down as anything significant in the NBA Finals but definitely should.

Somewhere in the parade-like atmosphere inside San Antonio's SBC Center on Thursday night, amid the kind of fanfare and euphoria reserved for champions, "The Big Dog," Glenn Robinson, was not only allowed to infiltrate the proceedings but join the championship celebration as well.

There was the sickening sight of Robinson hugging Spurs coach Gregg Popovich one minute, Manu Ginobili the next. Of Robinson prancing around the arena acting like his one-point, 1.5-rebound, 4.5-minute average in these NBA Finals had anything to do with winning.

The only thing more disgusting than Robinson's smile was the residual disheartening effect he left in his wake back in Philadelphia - a place that embraced him when he arrived and built "no re-entry" barricades for Robinson the second he left town after stealing $22 million from the 76ers.

That's right - $22 million. Not just the $12 million he received last season for refusing to play a single game for the Sixers, but the $10 million he hoodwinked out of them by playing just 42 games in the 2003-04 season.

Consider that Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Reggie Miller and a host of other notable names - after giving their blood, sweat and tears - never experienced a moment like Robinson experienced three nights ago, then rub and massage that upset stomach of yours as much as you can.

In the interest of full disclosure, let's be clear: I don't like Robinson. Not even a little bit. (Although my heart did go out to Robinson and his family weeks ago after his mother passed away.)

I'm unsure as to whether my disdain for him began when he flipped his middle finger at former Sixers coach Randy Ayers, repeatedly refused to listen to Ayers' instructions, stayed away from huddles during time-outs, or accidentally bumped Ayers en route to the bench at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena in what would be Ayers' last game as coach of the Sixers. (Ayers said he does not recall the bumping incident.)

Best guess is that all of the above apply, not to mention quitting on his teammates, not even attempting to hide it while taking every penny - especially after he got Ayers fired - and doing so without the slightest bit of compunction whatsoever.

To quote Billy King, Sixers president and general manager, several weeks ago on WIP-AM (610).

"I love the San Antonio Spurs and Gregg Popovich in particular. But I can't root for them as long as [Robinson] is on that team. He quit on [the Sixers]. He quit on his teammates. He was a dog!"

And then some!

The sad part is, none of us saw it coming.

When Robinson arrived in Philadelphia on July 23, 2003, the city nearly threw a block party. A career 20-point-per-game scorer in nine seasons, eight with the Milwaukee Bucks, Robinson was seen as the quintessential supplementary scorer Allen Iverson had sorely lacked.

"I can't put into words how happy I am right now," Iverson said back then, from Puerto Rico during the Olympic qualifying round. "I love it. He's the best player I've ever had as a teammate."

Go ahead and ask Iverson how he feels now. I guarantee you he harbors no interest in kissing Robinson on the lips.

Iverson knows Robinson quit on him, the Sixers, and the city of Philadelphia. He knows Robinson could have played all those months he swore his ankle wasn't up to par. It may have been foolish and wrong for former coach Jim O'Brien to bench Robinson in favor of rookie Andre Iguodala, particularly considering the discrepancy in salaries and the fact that Iguodala would have had no problem coming off the bench, but there is never an excuse for quitting on your team.

A lot was made of Alonzo Mourning's and Jim Jackson's refusing to show up to Toronto and New Orleans, respectively, after being traded earlier this season. But at least they remain AWOL instead of collecting a salary while they were at Chili's or Houlihan's.

Robinson isn't being criticized because of his game. We all know he spent years as one of the game's prolific scorers. His abilities will never be questioned or debated in this column.

But neither will his ethics or professionalism. For there is no doubt he's devoid of both those qualities.

His is a label for quitters. The kind who does so without regret or sorrow. And if his story isn't horrific enough, consider this last poignant reality: Rasho Nesterovic probably deserves a championship more that Robinson does right now.

Forgive the ignorance of anyone who disagrees.

They're probably not in Philadelphia. They simply don't know any better.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 03:03 PM
SAS what a fuckin asshole.
how does this article count as journalism?????
can we count the rumors & opinions he has passed off as facts inthis article????

dip shit. I'm sickened by him.
I can't believe he gets national exposure. he needs to go to 31 flavors and cry in his ice cream for the next 7 years.

Sense
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Has anyone forgotten about the Chicken Suit?

I'm sure Pop hasn't....
C'mon that guy deserves to be there...

After his team did get pwned..

Sense
06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Btw....

SAS is from Philly..

Enough said.

IF there's a change for Big Dogg to change, someone tell me it isn't San Antonio..

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Btw....

SAS is from Philly..

Enough said.

IF there's a change for Big Dogg to change, someone tell me it isn't San Antonio..

AND what exactly is that supposed to mean? You better answer quick...and make it good buster.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 03:15 PM
1Parker1 is San Antonian by association.

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
1Parker1 is San Antonian by association.

:lol Even though I've never stepped foot in the state of Texas.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
the independant texas nation blood flows freely thru broadband.
don't worry.
we adopted you.

1Parker1
06-27-2005, 03:35 PM
the independant texas nation blood flows freely thru broadband.
don't worry.
we adopted you.

:lol Why does an image of that baby from Big Pimp's sig come to my mind now?

TMTTRIO
06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
George Karl- all the whining and crying he did
Ray Allen-same as above
JJames
DFortson
SAS-doesn't even know what he's saying
Lincicome-the one who complained about how Manu is not an all star calliber player and all he does is flops got owned while his good buddy Carmello was off fishing somewhere.
Seattle Sonics fans- I've never seen anybody behave the way they did especially when Tim went down.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
:lol Why does an image of that baby from Big Pimp's sig come to my mind now?

:lmao

Smackie Chan
06-27-2005, 04:13 PM
make sure you add yourselfe to the all the punks also...

Walton Buys Off Me
WBomb

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $1350
Walton Buys Off Me is a Spurs fan from Canada. Walton Buys Off Me earned this Spur by being an original member of SpursTalk.com.

Default I quit
I simply cannot continue to support a group a guys that have absolutely no pride, no balls and no fucking heart. The Seattle Sonics have disrespected us from a physical standpoint and have completely ridiculed us in the press and yet this team (for lack of a better word) cannot find the motivation required to merely compete, let alone defeat a squad playing without two of their top three players?

I have never been so disgusted in the fifteen years that I've been a fan and that includes the shock and awe that was 2001 vs. the Lakers. When I think of professional sports, competition, heart and pride come to mind and this team sorely lacks all of that and then some. With the exception of Tim Duncan and possibly Robert Horry, no ONE player came to Key Arena and played with anything resembling passion and that at the professional level is completely and totally inexcusable. Tony Parker drove the lane three times all evening- further reinforcing the fact that when confronted with anything resembling physical defense, he's more French than a beret and a baguette.

It's not about losing, it's not even about losing to a short-handed team. It's about the fact that after all the talk, all the hard fouls, all the bullshit from this loser Seattle team, we just tuck our tails and phone it in- IN A PLAYOFF GAME. As a fan, I can't accept that. I can't accept guys like Brent Barry and Tony Parker being paid millions to not even break a sweat.

I've been a fan since 1990, and today, I just can't do it anymore. The game of basketball, it's pampered primadonna 'stars', it's inconsistent refereeing, it's whining after every foul has just lost a fan of fifteen years.

Some will read this and not give a fuck- hell I wouldn't either. To most of you, this will just be a post-game rant after a horrible loss. But for a guy that loves to watch players like Rodney Harrison, Ray Lewis, Steve Yzerman and David Robinson, I can no longer support a team that features the likes of Rasho Nesterovic and Brent Barry- guys that don't possess a competitive bone in their bodies.

The story of the series- much like that of last year- the opposing team gets physical and their Spurs' players lose their nuts and their coach makes no adjustments. Guys stand around with their thumbs in their asses while all one hundred and forty five pounds of Luke Ridnour goes through our team like a hot knife through butter and nobody GIVES A FUCK.

I'm taking off my silver and black jersey and I'm never going to put it on again.

Later.

herbivore female
06-27-2005, 04:25 PM
john salley said houston would come out of the west and then said you'll see

(did walton say no more posting or just act like he was leaving? does this mean he's not going to care about the spurs anymore now that he posts again?)

Walton Buys Off Me
06-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Sometimes, a leader has to take a stand and say some things that he or she doesn't necessarily mean but will drive home the desired effect. Being the leader that I am, that's excatly what I did and what I meant with the now infamous 'I quit' post. My sources tell me that Popovich replaced the 'rock' quote on the lockerom wall with my post and the Spurs went 10-4 after the fact. Coincidence? Is TPark a ladies magnet?

Kori and timvp recognized the widespread panic when I resigned, talked me into coming back and the rest, like Larry Brown's coaching career, is history.

thispego
06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
how about
Walton Buys Off Me
TPark

those guys got pretty punked if i remember correctly... and i think i do

slayermin
06-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Don't forget that a-hole Whitlock. I forgot his first name.

Rasheed for calling Manu "nothing special."

Timoha
06-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Greg Anthony and Steven A Smith

George Karl and Ray Allen

Rip (they didn't stop me, my shots weren't falling, Bruce is a big bully) Hamilton