PDA

View Full Version : There is going to be a bunch of cold people in New York this winter...

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 01:27 PM
All those flooded high rises have their boilers and mechanical rooms in the basement sitting in salt water this morning...at a minimum the burners and gas trains will have to be replaced...and these are all "built on order" items with typical lead times of 8-10 weeks...with the massive damage I could see the lead times jumping to 2-3 months...and they won't have any heat till they replace them.

Sucks to be them.

mrsmaalox
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
You could make big money up there Cowboy!

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I think they will have heat.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM
You could make big money up there Cowboy!

LOL....I considered ordering a few big dual fuel burners and getting them in production and trying to flip them up north before I had to take delivery. Didn't want to take a chance on getting hung with an unsold $40,000 burner though...

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I think they will have heat.

How?

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
How?Seriously?

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Seriously?

As a heart attack.

As usual you always seem to have opinions on things you know little about.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 01:49 PM
As a heart attack.

As usual you always seem to have opinions on things you know little about.You really have no idea about other ways people could have heat?

Well, that's interesting. No need to get pissy about it. I'm not threatening your manhood.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
You really have no idea about other ways people could have heat?

Well, that's interesting. No need to get pissy about it. I'm not threatening your manhood.

In a 30 floor high rise? Guess they could build campfires and huddle around them....

TeyshaBlue
10-30-2012, 02:02 PM
In a 30 floor high rise? Guess they could build campfires and huddle around them....

I've got a couple of these. They rock.

http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/8954/895412_300.jpg

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM

http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/8954/895412_300.jpg

Oh yeah, they work pretty good but when everybody plugs 2 or 3 in either circuit breakers start popping or wires start burning up.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:08 PM

http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/8954/895412_300.jpg:lol

Yes. Space heaters exist.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Circuitbreaker apocalypse!

TeyshaBlue
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
They draw 15 amps max. Each one I have heats about 900 sq ft with ease. I use one upstairs in my game room, which is damn drafty. I use the other in my garage/workshop. I run power tools with that thing plugged in....never popped a (20A) breaker yet.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:10 PM
No, TB. Everyone's wires will melt and there will be a race war.

TeyshaBlue
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
No, TB. Everyone's wires will melt and there will be a race war.
Nah. The one upstairs is white. The one in the garage/workshop is black.....

...wait a minute...:ihit

TimDunkem
10-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Circuitbreaker apocalypse!

:lol

GoodOdor
10-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Cosmicdumbass:lol

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
They draw 15 amps max. Each one I have heats about 900 sq ft with ease. I use one upstairs in my game room, which is damn drafty. I use the other in my garage/workshop. I run power tools with that thing plugged in....never popped a (20A) breaker yet.

I agree that works fine in a modern home/apartment but think how much of New York's housing is 60-80 year old high rises. Chump can jeer just because it's me posting and he is an asshole but IMHO it's gonna be a big problem for a lot of people.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Seriously, I don't think it's going to be toasty comfortable for a lot of New Yorkers, but get real. They aren't completely helpless nor are they all colossally stupid. I bet there will be some problems including some fires started by whatever method folks choose to use for heat, but if nothing else the crematory ovens at the FEMA camps will be standing by.

Sorry, CC. You're a survivalist and deep down may want to see some mayhem in the city. I think food might be the bigger short term problem if you need something to hope for.

TeyshaBlue
10-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I agree that works fine in a modern home/apartment but think how much of New York's housing is 60-80 year old high rises. Chump can jeer just because it's me posting and he is an asshole but IMHO it's gonna be a big problem for a lot of people.

I've got some friends in Manhattan and greater NYC....I'll drop 'em an email and ask 'em...if they can get it.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Seriously, I don't think it's going to be toasty comfortable for a lot of New Yorkers, but get real. They aren't completely helpless nor are they all colossally stupid. I bet there will be some problems including some fires started by whatever method folks choose to use for heat, but if nothing else the crematory ovens at the FEMA camps will be standing by.

Sorry, CC. You're a survivalist and deep down may want to see some mayhem in the city. I think food might be the bigger short term problem if you need something to hope for.

LOL survivalist

Food won't be a problem. Crippled infrastructure will be the problem. Long term subway shutdowns will be a problem. Heat will be a problem.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL survivalistlol you've posted too much about it to deny it

Food won't be a problem.What part of short term did you not understand? People who aren't used to being cold can put up with that longer than being hungry.

Crippled infrastructure will be the problem. Long term subway shutdowns will be a problem. Heat will be a problem.I hope it's not as bad as you hope it is.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
lol you've posted too much about it to deny it

What part of short term did you not understand?
I hope it's not as bad as you hope it is.

It's got nothing to do with hope, shithead. I just know enough to know that it's a huge problem.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
It's got nothing to do with hope, shithead. I just know enough to know that it's a huge problem.As I said, no need to get pissy.

Give us a link when the circuitbreaker apocalypse occurs.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
As I said, no need to get pissy.

Give us a link when the circuitbreaker apocalypse occurs.

I won't need to. Tens of thousands of people without heat in NYC will be a huge story in a month or so.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I won't need to. Tens of thousands of people without heat in NYC will be a huge story in a month or so.There will probably be stories of how they are dealing without their usual central heat, and there will probably be some cold-related deaths that will receive more hype that those usually do in NY because Sandy can be blamed. And some know-it-all will spout off about it.

Wild Cobra
10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
True, but if your place is insulated enough, just keep the flat screen and computer on. It's often enough to keep me warm.

On the serious side...

I can see a lot of fires happening with space heaters. people will be using levels of electricity on old wiring at levels never seen in the affected areas. Brown-outs may also become a problem.

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 05:08 PM
This is what I was talking about. This is the lobby of the Verizon Building in NYC. It's pretty damn safe to assume that all lower level mechanical systems are completely trashed and will take months to restore.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6d_VE4CMAA8RHg.jpg

CosmicCowboy
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't let CC fool you. It's his Daddy that owns his business.

wrong, buckwheat.

Drachen
10-30-2012, 06:55 PM

I plugged two in inside my garage for a poker game and it kept throwing the breaker. I had to run an extension cord into the house and into our living room to run two of them.

Edit: Before this I had never used a space heater so I had no idea that they drew so much power. They are ridiculous. I could see a problem happening from the cumulative effect of ALL of those space heaters drawing power.

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Old people die in Florida just because the temp gets to 50. In NYC where it gets sub zero, there will be many more deaths.

Pay no attention to CD. He posts like a felt up queer.

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
CC is right, either breakers will trip or (if the breakers aren't matched to the wiring size) wires will burn. Something will give if several units get plugged in especially since most people like CD know nothing about electricity but he does know about load sharing.

ElNono
10-30-2012, 09:25 PM
depends when the next snow storm hits, tbh... I heard the power co, edison, hired a couple hundred out of state workers to fix up the grid... a lot of heating in the area is electric

Agloco
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Nah. The one upstairs is white. The one in the garage/workshop is black.....

...wait a minute...:ihit

Agloco
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
depends when the next snow storm hits, tbh... I heard the power co, edison, hired a couple hundred out of state workers to fix up the grid... a lot of heating in the area is electric

That's coming in about 2 days or so.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 03:01 AM
CC is right, either breakers will trip or (if the breakers aren't matched to the wiring size) wires will burn. Something will give if several units get plugged in especially since most people like CD know nothing about electricity but he does know about load sharing.

I know electricity and I am not buying the breaker apocalypse either. A current draw is a current draw and not the end of the world. How about you push the spaceheater blackout apocalypse next. I know that when my air handler supplements heating with its heat strips my house blows up. It's so fucking dangerous!

I know this is going to be a groundbreaking idea but when it comes to climate control, heating does not require intricate mechanical apparatus. Burners and the like may need to be replaced but you aren't going to have to replace the entire casing.

Further, this area is familiar with noreasters that cause routine flooding in the region. I guess it's fun to pretend like its the areas first rodeo but they have this shit happen later in the season routinely.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2012, 03:04 AM
depends when the next snow storm hits, tbh...
But... but... but...

What about Global warming? Did it go away or something?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 03:06 AM
Old people die in Florida just because the temp gets to 50. In NYC where it gets sub zero, there will be many more deaths.

Pay no attention to CD. He posts like a felt up queer.Ah, your true homophobe colors fly when your butt hurts.

Didn't take much tbh.

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2012, 08:38 AM
But... but... but...

What about Global warming? Did it go away or something?

Al Gore already blamed it on global warming.

Latarian Milton
10-31-2012, 08:51 AM

Pay no attention to CD. He posts like a felt up queer.
just smoke more cigarettes and the extra green house gas emitted to the atmosphere will pretty much warm up the winter for them new yorkers imho

DMC
10-31-2012, 09:35 AM
I know electricity and I am not buying the breaker apocalypse either. A current draw is a current draw and not the end of the world. How about you push the spaceheater blackout apocalypse next. I know that when my air handler supplements heating with its heat strips my house blows up. It's so fucking dangerous!

I know this is going to be a groundbreaking idea but when it comes to climate control, heating does not require intricate mechanical apparatus. Burners and the like may need to be replaced but you aren't going to have to replace the entire casing.

Further, this area is familiar with noreasters that cause routine flooding in the region. I guess it's fun to pretend like its the areas first rodeo but they have this shit happen later in the season routinely.

The breaker apocalypse is a CD strawman so I am also not buying it and CC never mentioned the end of the world.

TeyshaBlue
10-31-2012, 10:04 AM
I plugged two in inside my garage for a poker game and it kept throwing the breaker. I had to run an extension cord into the house and into our living room to run two of them.

Edit: Before this I had never used a space heater so I had no idea that they drew so much power. They are ridiculous. I could see a problem happening from the cumulative effect of ALL of those space heaters drawing power.

A typical space heater will draw between 6 and 15 amps, depending on the setting. So yeah, you plug 2 1500w heaters running max into a 20A breaker, you're gonna trip it.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
The breaker apocalypse is a CD strawman so I am also not buying it.It's not a strawman if it is explicitly cited as a predicted problem. You are ignorant of the definition of strawman.

I didn't buy it either, but CC sure tried to sell it.

Drachen
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
all I know is that they didn't work very well, but I (and others at the poker table) had to be able to smoke and we werent going to allow that in the house.
I bought a vornado heater off of 1saleaday a few weeks ago. I hope it works as well for heating as my vornado fan does for cooling.

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2012, 10:45 AM
It's not a strawman if it is explicitly cited as a predicted problem. You are ignorant of the definition of strawman.

Your ignorance is showing again, shithead.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Your ignorance is showing again, shithead.U mad again.

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2012, 11:10 AM
U mad again.

Again, it's not anger, it's contempt. You just suck on so many levels.

RandomGuy
10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah, they work pretty good but when everybody plugs 2 or 3 in either circuit breakers start popping or wires start burning up.

Yes, they do.

Your average space heater uses a LOT of energy (watts) to crank out heat, and all of this intense usage is new demand on the wiring that wasn't there before. 1200-1500 watts per heater will mean your consumption/demand is multiples of what it was without them.

http://www.appliance-standards.org/sites/default/files/Refrigerator%20Graph_July_2011.PDF

Average yearly useage by a fridge is around 500 k/wH per year

500/1.5/24 means that running a 1500 watt space heater 24 hours a day will consume as much energy in a bit over 13 days as a modern fridge uses in a year.

Not inconsiderable, even when not running 24/7.

There will be heat, but the demand for electricity will go up on a strained grid, and trying to heat a 10-15 story residential apartment building with nothing but space heaters, would be difficult, it would appear.

RandomGuy
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
A typical space heater will draw between 6 and 15 amps, depending on the setting. So yeah, you plug 2 1500w heaters running max into a 20A breaker, you're gonna trip it.

Eyup. Been in offices with wonky air conditioning where people have space heaters that do exactly this. (rolls eyes) The, um, females, seemed not to comprehend why the breaker kept tripping, so yours truly had to go down and constantly flip the breaker when they had a bazillion heaters on one circuit. Get a damn sweater already and suck it up ladies.

TeyshaBlue
10-31-2012, 11:43 AM
all I know is that they didn't work very well, but I (and others at the poker table) had to be able to smoke and we werent going to allow that in the house.
I bought a vornado heater off of 1saleaday a few weeks ago. I hope it works as well for heating as my vornado fan does for cooling.

I'm telling ya...those hot oil radiator heaters do a great job. Unless you want to look into one of these kerosene fired jet engine looking things.:lol

ElNono
10-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Their boats are gone, but I'm sure they can fire up their Benz and heat up for a while, tbh

DMC
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
It's not a strawman if it is explicitly cited as a predicted problem. You are ignorant of the definition of strawman.

CC wasn't saying it would be the end of the world. You built a strawman caricature of CC's remark and began arguing against that instead of his original statement. You used hyperbole to do so.

It was explicitly cited by you as a problem predicted by CC however CC did not predict an apocalyptic outcome. CC said "Oh yeah, they work pretty good but when everybody plugs 2 or 3 in either circuit breakers start popping or wires start burning up." which is true. Then you responded with "Circuit breaker apocalypse!" and the argument began against that instead of the fact that, when 2 or three large space heaters are connected to the same circuit, one or the other will happen; breakers or burned wires.

That's called building a strawman.

A straw man, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Sally),[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-Lindley2006-0)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-Sparkes1991-1) is a type of argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_argument) and is an informal fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informal_fallacy) based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-book-2) To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-book-2)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man#cite_note-files-3)

"Circuit breaker apocalypse!" was the strawman. "I know electricity and I am not buying the breaker apocalypse either." -Fuzzy That was the attack of the strawman.

I suppose when you cannot address the subject matter you must resort to hyperbole and strawmen, then on to ad homs.

There's nothing apocalyptic about a circuit breaker tripping. It can be reset, but that means you overloaded it which means you cannot demand that much power from that circuit. That's something Fuzzy is probably well aware of, but he was lured into addressing your strawman instead of addressing the facts of the statement made by CC.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 04:12 PM
butthurt wordsPsst. It's not an actual apocalypse, Francis. There's no such thing. I just named what CC described. I never said anything more was going to happen. You failed when you jumped to your stupid inference because you're angry at me. You guys need thicker skins.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
double post

CosmicCowboy
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Psst. It's not an actual apocalypse, Francis. There's no such thing. I just named what CC described. I never said anything more was going to happen. You failed when you jumped to your stupid inference because you're angry at me. You guys need thicker skins.

Don't flatter yourself, dumbass. You aren't making anyone angry. Everyone but FuzzyLumpkins understands what an ignorant, contemptible, stupidly argumentative piece of shit you are.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Don't flatter yourself, dumbass. You aren't making anyone angry. Everyone but FuzzyLumpkins understands what an ignorant, contemptible, stupidly argumentative piece of shit you are.Everyone understands U mad.

It's OK. Just own it. Whining about it like a little girl doesn't make you look any better.

boutons_deux
10-31-2012, 04:42 PM
1 nuke shut down, 4 others on alert.

Bill_Brasky
10-31-2012, 04:56 PM
lol using the "you mad" card after getting destroyed

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Eh, I could certainly be wrong about the melting wires, death and possible resulting mayhem, but there is no doubt they mad.

It's a long list.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Psst. It's not an actual apocalypse, Francis. There's no such thing. I just named what CC described. I never said anything more was going to happen. You failed when you jumped to your stupid inference because you're angry at me. You guys need thicker skins.

lol you and fuzznuts using the same shtick 'cept he's wordier.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Eh, I could certainly be wrong about the melting wires, death and possible resulting mayhem, but there is no doubt they mad.

It's a long list.

You're a legriding idiot. Own it.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
You're a legriding idiot. Own it.I'm owning that I could be wrong and that I make people like you mad.

It's only a big deal because you guys are making it one.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
lol you and fuzznuts using the same shtick 'cept he's wordier.As do you and CC, you're just butthurt about a different exchange with me.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
lol you and fuzznuts using the same shtick 'cept he's wordier.

You need to get some new material. You're about as creative or articulate as a yorkie.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm owning that I could be wrong and that I make people like you mad.

It's only a big deal because you guys are making it one.

Yeah, don't make you having your head up your ass into such a big deal.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:17 PM
You need to get some new material. You're about as creative or articulate as a yorkie.

Says the man who's user name is a cartoon character from the Powder Puff Girls. At least I used my own initials.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
As do you and CC, you're just butthurt about a different exchange with me.
Exchange with you? All you do is nay say and ride Fuzzy's leg.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
:cryI'm sorry, I didn't know I wounded you guys so deeply. I'll go easier on you next time. :tu

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Exchange with you? All you do is nay say and ride Fuzzy's leg.Then you shouldn't be so butthurt about it tbh.

Again, sorry about your wounded e-pride.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Not even a decent troll. Sucks to get your shit pushed in by a grandpa eh?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Not even a decent troll. Sucks to get your shit pushed in by a grandpa eh?If I'm merely trolling, I'm doing a pretty good job.

Why don't you reply again to show how little you think of me?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
G0_4BKzFdMU

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Trolling effectively isn't about getting your shit compressed. It's about dropping bait and counting the strikes. You're so busy biting you don't have time to effectively troll.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:24 PM
G0_4BKzFdMU

Dropping names huh? Weak shit. As if the yorkie's opinion means more than anyone else here, and the yorkie basically did the exact same thing it's complaining about. I find that sad.

:lol using the ankle biter card stolen from WC.

ChumpDumper
Trolling effectively isn't about getting your shit compressed.The apocalypse remains to be seen.
It's about dropping bait and counting the strikes. You're so busy biting you don't have time to effectively troll.Shall I begin counting now?

FuzzyLumpkins
Says the man who's user name is a cartoon character from the Powder Puff Girls. At least I used my own initials.

Blindly lashing out and not thinking about what you are saying.

Nice.

I try to name myself in an ironic manner yet you use your initials.

Yup I stand by lacking creativity and articulation.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Wow!

Initials!

What courage!

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Dropping names huh? Weak shit. As if the yorkie's opinion means more than anyone else here, and the yorkie basically did the exact same thing it's complaining about. I find that sad.

:lol using the ankle biter card stolen from WC.

It's not about the ankle biting, yappy dog boy.

Bill_Brasky
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
:lmao holy shit DMC

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Blindly lashing out and not thinking about what you are saying.

Nice.

I try to name myself in an ironic manner yet you use your initials.

Yup I stand by lacking creativity and articulation.
lol and you call me elitist. ...

"I try to name myself in an ironic manner....."

I've done enough in my existence that I don't require bullshit ironic names to appear interesting.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Wow!

Initials!

What courage!

meep meep

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
lol and you call me elitist. ...

"I try to name myself in an ironic manner....."

I've done enough in my existence that I don't require bullshit ironic names to appear interesting.

You mistake my motives. i am very adversarial and abrasive i wsa trying to provide a foil. i was not trying to appear interesting. As you you noted it's goofy. One should have a sense of humor about one's self.

You apparently do not understand the difference of criticizing the behavior of an individual and placing yourself above an entire class of people.

I was trying to start a discussion on your existential crisis. I do get the impression that you are seeking justification for your choices as you only find the most hollow justification for them.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
meep meepThat's 1, brave initials poster.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
You apparently do not understand the difference of criticizing the behavior of an individual and placing yourself above an entire class of people.

Is that right Mr "I want to be an ironic PowderPuff Girl"?

I was trying to start a discussion on your existential crisis. I do get the impression that you are seeking justification for your choices as you only find the most hollow justification for them.

I was hoping I could join your ranks as an ironic PPG.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
:cry

Despair lead to nihilism apparently. Let it out, yappy.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Despair lead to nihilism apparently. Let it out, yappy.

Do it?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think you understand, Fuzzy -- THOSE ARE HIS INITIALS!

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM

You still hang out with Sbm's band? doh!

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
You still hang out with Sbm's band? doh!2.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Wonder if Sbm would like to know exactly who you are.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Wonder if Sbm would like to know exactly who you are.3.

I guess you could give him my initials.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM

You ever see a yorkie run around in a circle and yap?

This dude is so easy to troll.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
You ever see a yorkie run around in a circle and yap?

This dude is so easy to troll.His e-threat to expose my identity just proves how mad he isn't.

HIS INITIALS!

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
His e-threat to expose my identity just proves how mad he isn't.

HIS INITIALS!

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 05:46 PM
go eat your nutless m&m's bitch

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
go eat your nutless m&m's bitchTold you it's a long line.

DMC
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
His e-threat to expose my identity just proves how mad he isn't.

HIS INITIALS!

No, since you begged me to not expose it, it shows how much I have your balls in a vice.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Told you it's a long line.

I'm going trick or treating tonight at your house bitch. Since I already had your house pinpointed down to a several neighborhood radius, all I gotta look for is the low self esteem middle aged white dude handing out "nutless" chocolate and you're mine.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
This post is sponsored by Scarface, Gangsta Nip, and Bushwick Bill

KutXyPEEbQs

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
No, since you begged me to not expose it, it shows how much I have your balls in a vice.Feel free to tell him everything you know. You have my blessing. I know it means a lot to you.

I'm going trick or treating tonight at your house bitch. Since I already had your house pinpointed down to a several neighborhood radius, all I gotta look for is the low self esteem middle aged white dude handing out "nutless" chocolate and you're mine.lol several neighborhood

I'm at the Draft Pick right now watching the game. Please stop by. I know it means a lot to you.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:00 PM
that's not what you said when you begged him not to tell by pm

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:01 PM
that's not what you said when you begged him not to tell by pmSo are you stopping by or what?

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:03 PM
you in dallas?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:05 PM
You said you knew where I was.

And for the record, there was no request for secrecy to DMC.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
you did pm him though

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:33 PM
you did pm him thoughThat was never in question.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:36 PM
...and you requested that he not make something public

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:37 PM
...and you requested that he not make something publicNo. I did not.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:38 PM
that's not whottt i heard

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
that's not whottt i heardWell, you think I work for a government agency and threatened via pm to "expose" me.

Soooo.....

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
even if that weren't true, that would be on me. this was said by someone else.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:48 PM
even if that weren't true, that would be on me. this was said by someone else.It is on you, and DMC's claim is on him.

I still have the pm exchange. I told 3 or 4 people because it was pretty funny and random.

I'll post my exchange with you if you need your memory refreshed about your accusations. This goes to DMC as well

DMC
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Go for it

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:51 PM
i don't really care that much i just think it's funny that you cared enough to pm him about it

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Go for it

I've known Skip for years.

That ain't Skip.
Are you saying SBM isn't Skip or that the person in the photo isn't Skip, because he's identified as Skip on the Myspace page.SBM isn't Skip.

I didn't think he was Skip. I thought it was Tino, because SBM said he played guitar on the song and wrote it. Tino is the guitar player.Skip is also not a raving idiot douche.

Those three appear too young to be SBM. The Tino dude I am not sure of.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:53 PM
i don't really care that much i just think it's funny that you cared enough to pm him about itIt was funny because I knew his band mate.

Your pm to me threatening to out me as a government agent was much funnier.

I notice you haven't expressed a desire for me to post it.

mavs>spurs
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
your inability to discern the real from the trolling/bored/fucking with you one ups it

DMC
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=20665&dateline=1347571657

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
your inability to discern the real from the trolling/bored/fucking with you one ups itEh, you're just embarrassed because I called your bluff then like I'm calling it now.

I'll be at the Highball if you want to stop by.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=20665&dateline=1347571657As long as we set the record straight. I won't call you a liar if you were just mistaken.

DMC
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
lol internet gangsta trying to bow up

DMC
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
As long as we set the record straight. I won't call you a liar if you were just mistaken.

:lmao

ChumpDumper
10-31-2012, 10:12 PM
:lmaoSo are you saying you were mistaken or just lying?

Eh, as long as you're still responding....

Rumple Foreskin
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Cool thread, imho, tbh, Lamborghini Mercy, Jason Witten no Helmet, Koch Brothers, GFY, Bubbas, Repugs, etc.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2012, 10:17 PM

yep. went camping this past weekend and tripped the breaker with 2 running on them. and they were just running at 65 degrees. damn things tripped at 4 in the morning.

ChuckD
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
All those flooded high rises have their boilers and mechanical rooms in the basement sitting in salt water this morning...at a minimum the burners and gas trains will have to be replaced...and these are all "built on order" items with typical lead times of 8-10 weeks...with the massive damage I could see the lead times jumping to 2-3 months...and they won't have any heat till they replace them.
Sucks to be them.

Typical 1%er. There are a lot of cold people in NY EVERY winter. You're only cognizant of it because some of them now may wear suits and tip their doorman.

CosmicCowboy
11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Typical 1%er. There are a lot of cold people in NY EVERY winter. You're only cognizant of it because some of them now may wear suits and tip their doorman.

You know you can use a bucket or trash can and not shit in the hallway, right?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/news/local/Stranded-New-Yorker--People-Are-Defecating-in-the-Hallways/177007621

Viva Las Espuelas
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
You know you can use a bucket or trash can and not shit in the hallway, right?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/news/local/Stranded-New-Yorker--People-Are-Defecating-in-the-Hallways/177007621 (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#%21/news/local/Stranded-New-Yorker--People-Are-Defecating-in-the-Hallways/177007621)

i guess obama hates black people.......

Wild Cobra
11-05-2012, 03:34 AM
The fuel lines are what's killing the locals right now.

Drachen
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
The highest temperature over the next 4 days is 47 degrees in New York.

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — While most of Manhattan had its power restored about four days after Superstorm Sandy, persistent problems in some places continue to make life miserable more than two weeks later for hundreds of elderly and ill residents who have been forced to live in cold, dark high-rises.

As CBS 2’s Amy Dardashtian reported, those residents were demanding answers Tuesday night.

At Knickerbocker Village — a housing complex bounded by Monroe Street, Market Street, Catherine Street and Cherry Street on the Lower East Side – a hallway stunk of rotten eggs Tuesday night.

“It’s a nasty odor that makes you want to throw up,” one resident said.

But the stench was the least of the woman’s problems. She had to use a cooler as a refrigerator.

It was the 16th day without power, and she was also boiling her water. She was lacking hot water, too.

Even her dog was bundled in sweaters.

Trash was piling up, the incinerators were all broken, and out of 12 elevator banks, nearly half were out of service. The elderly residents were left stranded as high as a dozen flights up.

“The coldness is draining and it doesn’t stop; just never gets warm,” said Marcia Kruger, 73.

Kruger said she had spent two weeks as of Tuesday walking 10 flights of stairs a day.

“It makes for a feeling of isolation and abandonment, really,” she said.

“I take about two trips a day,” he said.

Jim Lizzio, 96, said he walks 100 steps a day.

Lizzio’s wife said she was concerned about safety.

“Especially in the dark, with our flashlights it’s ‘Don’t break a hip. Don’t break a leg,’” she said.

Lizzio and his wife were among hundreds demanding answers from management at a meeting Tuesday night at P.S. 1 Alfred E. Smith at 8 Henry St.

“Between now and the end of the week, we should get to a point where everyone has heat and everyone has hot water,” a management official said.

Management claimed that the 100-year-old electrical systems in the basements of the Knickerbocker Village were decimated by flood waters. Afterward came oil spills and fires – hazards that management was not prepared for.

Management said as of Tuesday night, 95 percent of the 1,600-unit complex had power – a claim that residents denied.

Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer said the Knickerbocker is just one of several complexes across Manhattan that was never updated to withstand a hurricane.