PDA

View Full Version : NBA: T'Wolves Accused of Being "Too White"

symple19
10-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Dante Cunningham noticed when he reported for work in Minnesota this fall that his new Timberwolves team is unlike any for which he has ever played.
"Day One, we were all in the elevator and I kind of looked up," he said about a crowded ride with many of his new teammates, "and I was just like, 'Where is everybody?' "
Everybody, in this case, being black teammates. Come opening night on Friday, Cunningham will be one of five black players on a 15-man Wolves team that has reversed the National Basketball Association's historical racial percentages with a roster that is the league's whitest since the Boston Celtics teams of the 1980s.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/176071391.html?page=1&c=y

:lmao

symple19
10-30-2012, 03:24 PM
"How did we get a roster that resembles the 1955 Lakers?" asked Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. "I think everything is a strategy. Nothing happens by happenstance."
That strategy, Terrell and others in the black community believe, is to sell tickets to the Wolves' fan base, which is overwhelmingly white.

lefty
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Minny fan :lol

Bitching like the white ABA fans in the 70's :lol

Backwards state :lol

Malik Hairston
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Ugh, niggas are never content, tbh..

DisAsTerBot
10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
lol so can a team be too black?

FkLA
10-30-2012, 03:34 PM
The Jazz and to a lesser extent the Pacers have been doing this for a while tbh. I do think its kind of weird, would kinda be like if the Red Wings fielded a predominately black team in hockey. But its really not that big of a deal just unconventional.

jack sommerset
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
lol so can a team be too black?

Not in the USA. God bless

BRHornet45
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Sons I can usually see both sides of the fence on my black and white side, but ANY black person bitching or "concerned" about this is your typical race baiter who doesn't want equal rights, they want SPECIAL rights.

Its the same black leaders who bitch and moan about the lack of black players in MLB and the NHL.

lefty
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Sons I can usually see both sides of the fence on my black and white side, but ANY black person bitching or "concerned" about this is your typical race baiter who doesn't want equal rights, they want SPECIAL rights.

Its the same black leaders who bitch and moan about the lack of black players in MLB and the NHL.
Black people are entitled to special rights, they have the tiniest dicks

symple19
10-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Now that I live here, it's fucking idiotic to think that the wolves front office would do this on purpose. I've lived in the deep south long enough to know what real racism is like, and believe me, that kind of shit isn't going on around here. Minnesotans are the most benign group of people I've ever experienced in the States. All they want is to win and could care less what color people are.

This is a perfect example of dipshit civil rights leaders pulling the race card for attention. These 'black leaders' quoted in the article should be thrown into a tree shredding machine or floated down a logging flue into one of those giant circular saws. Why do any blacks listen to these moronic motherfuckers????

Whatever, we all know that if you want to win a lot of games, you need plenty of :monkey's on your team. Real talk

purplengold
10-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess utah tryna take advantage of the overwhelming black population ova there

DeadlyDynasty
10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Ugh, niggas are never content, tbh..

Trill Clinton
10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
the NBA version of the washington generals lmao

scrub ass team

fevertrees
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
mass conspiracy by the KKK for the T-Wolves. fucking idiot race pimps...BLACK PEOPLE QUIT FOLLOWING THESE "LEADERS"

Koolaid_Man
10-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Wow - I didnt know you were a sand ******r BR...now it all makes sense...You hate yourself...you hate your black side and especially when you go out with your white friends and they joke about you not being a pure white....I feel for ya dawg....

You are officially Uncle Rukus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsbZ2C9bH1k

purplengold
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow - I didnt know you were a sand ******r BR...now it all makes sense...You hate yourself...you hate your black side and especially when you go out with your white friends and they joke about you not being a pure white....I feel for ya dawg....

he pretty much 5'5 version of Karl Malone

Chinook
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM

I actually agree wholeheartedly. The Wolves have acquired many black players throughout the years, even using most of their recent high draft picks on them. The team is mostly white because those were the most talented players they could find who wanted to play for them. Kevin Love is a damned good player; his race has nothing to do with the Wolves wanting him. Some of their other talented white players are from Europe, and they deserve a shot in the NBA as much as random black fridge players coming out of college.

The NBA is the last place that needs affirmative action. It's sickening to watch black "leaders" flood the racial dialog with bullshit claims like this. It sets us all back.

jag
10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
There's no such thing as "too white."

BRHornet45
10-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Sons they only have about 4 or 5 legit white boys on the team anyways so its really about 50/50. The rest are from overseas and don't count.

fevertrees
10-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Can someone put a list of all the teams in the league that are too black?

DAF86
10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Do you imagine if this thing was the other way around? A basketball player demanding for more white players and some douchebag chairman of some crappy organization questioning the number of black players on a team?

Only if you're black you can get away with racism. :lol

Clipper Nation
Clippers are the exact opposite of the T-Wolves, tbh... we have exactly 0.5 of a white player on our whole roster... :lol

jag

I'll start: Washington Wizards

TD 21
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Terrell is right. As usual, anytime a "black" person says anything having to do with race, it's construed by whites as "playing the race card" (as if racism doesn't exist anymore), but when you consider that 80% of the league is "black", 66.6% of their roster is white (and the vast majority of their rumored targets that they didn't get were white) and there hasn't been a team this white since the 80s Celtics, how can this be viewed as anything but intentional? At best, you're being naive and at worst, you're being delusional, if you think this is happenstance.

jag
10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
TD 21 couldn't resist. He had to come in here and TD21-up this thread. Thanks bitch

whitemamba
10-30-2012, 06:18 PM
lmao this shit is hilarious.. but name a team with a majority white players that have succeeded in the past 30 years

BRHornet45
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Wow - I didnt know you were a sand ******r BR...now it all makes sense...You hate yourself...you hate your black side and especially when you go out with your white friends and they joke about you not being :nopea pure white....I feel for ya dawg....

Son I would rather be whatever name you want to call the likes of myself than be a no good, stomp down ni**er like you. You see son its people like you with your high sense of entitlement / can't ever be told anything / never taking self responsibilty mentality that continue to hold black America down. You're the type of "World:whineStar Hip Hop" brotha who doesn't have a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of ... yet instead of doing what it takes to better yourself and to better the black race as a whole you choose to take the easy route and still blame others for your own faults.

You don't rise to me with that phony bullshit son. Now go read a book or something instead of watching Kanye and Ciara videos.

FkLA
10-30-2012, 06:24 PM
TD 21 couldn't resist. He had to come in here and TD21-up this thread. Thanks bitch

Hes right though. Its also pretty hard to be 'too black' in a predominately black league.

Calling it racism might be a stretch but saying teams like the TWolves, Jazz, and Pacers are trying to target their predominately white population isnt that unreasonable.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
lmao this shit is hilarious.. but name a team with a majority white players that have succeeded in the past 30 years
86 Celtics......was that a serious question?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Hes right though. Its also pretty hard to be 'too black' in a predominately black league.

Calling it racism might be a stretch but saying teams like the TWolves, Jazz, and Pacers are trying to target their predominately white population isnt that unreasonable.
With the Jazz and Pacers it isn't unreasonable.....but Minnesota is as colorblind as it gets. Maybe Minneapolis is predominantly white but it's never had a problem embracing black athletes the way Utah or Indiana has.

Malik Hairston
10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Today on PTI, Wilbon said that Minneapolis is one of the 3 most racially tolerant areas in America, tbh..

Like DOK said, I could buy it if it was Utah or something, but not Minnesota..

Kidd K
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
So having 2/3rds of your team be white "too white"? What kinda dumb shit? It ain't like it's 14/15 or 15/15.

If 2/3rds of your team being one skin color is "too much", then probbaly the other 29 would be "too black", by that standard. That's like a challenge really, name a team that has less than 10 black guys on it besides the Wolves.

FkLA
10-30-2012, 07:45 PM
^That has been brought up by nearly everyone in this thread and its just dumb tbh. You cant be 'too black' in a predominately black league. Like I said earlier a black city like Detroit, having a team in a sport dominated by whites like the Red Wings, being composed of mostly black players would be a similar comparison...imo that would definitely bring up questions of whether that team was too black/trying to appeal to its large black population.

With that said Ive never been to Minneapolis or even anywhere close. So maybe I was too quick to lump them with Indiana or Utah, if the city is as racially tolerant as you guys are saying the local black leaders shouldve known that and not made it a race thing.

Koolaid_Man
10-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Son I would rather be whatever name you want to call the likes of myself than be a no good, stomp down ni**er like you. You see son its people like you with your high sense of entitlement / can't ever be told anything / never taking self responsibilty mentality that continue to hold black America down. You're the type of "WorldStar Hip Hop" brotha who doesn't have a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of ... yet instead of doing what it takes to better yourself and to better the black race as a whole you choose to take the easy route and still blame others for your own faults.

You don't rise to me with that phony bullshit son. Now go read a book or something instead of watching Kanye and Ciara videos.

^ :lmao Listen BR *aka* The self hating Sand Man :lol don't you dare start pouting your black sand man lips...don't you start pouting on Kool...

BR Hornet *aka* The Sand_Man

TDMVPDPOY
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
sour grapes, maybe the person should put money where their mouth is and buy a team and do what they want with it...fkn wankers

Clipper Nation
10-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Like I said earlier a black city like Detroit, having a team in a sport dominated by whites like the Red Wings, being composed of mostly black players would be a similar comparison...imo that would definitely bring up questions of whether that team was too black/trying to appeal to its large black population.

In fact, the Atlanta Thrashers signed a bunch of black players a year or two before they moved, and people accused them of desperately trying to appeal to a predominantly black Atlanta audience, tbh.... works both ways....

Seventyniner
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Does "white" mean "not black, Asian, Arab, or Latino?"

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
There's no such thing as "too white."

Owen Wilson

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Does "white" mean "not black, Asian, Arab, or Latino?"

I think it means no shit street jive on the elevator. No one said "sheeeeeet" when he said "mmmm".

JohnnyMax
10-31-2012, 02:30 AM
One of the biggest reason everyone was rooting for Mavs over Heat is because Dallas had more White players and was lead by "White hope" in Dirk.

TimDunkem
10-31-2012, 03:00 AM
Backwards state :lol
What?...