PDA

View Full Version : Five Guys Burgers and Fries

CubanSucks
10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Was I tripping or is this place the most overrated landfill of a restaurant? The burgers were about an inch in diameter and pretty average, I would've enjoyed them if they didn't cost $5. The fries...:lol...were the biggest fucking joke I've ever tasted. They give you a big mound of salty mess that tastes like plain potato sprinkled with salt. I'd take reheated microwaved fries from anywhere else over those cause they'd be half the price and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. I was super bummed out cause all I've heard is that this place along side In-N-Out are supposed to be another tier of burger places, fucking bullshit

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 06:29 PM
It's easily the most overrated burger I've ever had.

InRareForm
10-30-2012, 06:29 PM
so overrated. Can't believe that shit place got voted over in n out for best burger joint

johnsmith
10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't really get it either....it's fucking popular too, which makes it more confusing.

CubanSucks
10-30-2012, 06:34 PM
The only thing that makes sense is that it's a unique place so pretentious losers who like ranking burger joints fall for the bullshit. Even the atmosphere was aweful. The kitchen is practically part of the dining area as if anyone gives a shit about watching their food being made and it's always loud

johnsmith
10-30-2012, 06:35 PM
The only thing that makes sense is that it's a unique place so pretentious losers who like ranking burger joints fall for the bullshit. Even the atmosphere was aweful. The kitchen is practically part of the dining area as if anyone gives a shit about watching their food being made and it's always loud

No one over the age of 15 should like that place.

angelbelow
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Agreed, overrated. Only been there once and wasn't impressed. Actually said something to this effect on the menu "Burger cooked to well done for juicy perfection"

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 06:39 PM
The thing that bothers me is how overpriced it is. In-n-out is not only better but significantly less expensive.

lefty
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Fatties

clambake
10-30-2012, 06:48 PM
whats the skuttlebutt on smashburger?

IronMexican
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Took my dad the only time I ever went and spent over 20 bucks, I think. It was good, but In N Out is better.

Bill_Brasky
10-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Completely overpriced, you can get a better burger at Short Stop tbh....

phxspurfan
10-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I prefer Five Guys over In N Out, but not by much. My fave burgers are probably Red Robin at the moment though.

RGMCSE
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
First off I'm going to be biased as hell right now. But I have a hard fucking time believing in n out is better than whataburger. West coast hoe's love overrating shit. Just like their college football teams.

symple19
10-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Much better than 5 guys. One of my personal faves but not as good as In-n-Out

symple19
10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
First off I'm going to be biased as hell right now. But I have a hard fucking time believing in n out is better than whataburger. West coast hoe's love overrating shit. Just like their college football teams.

you're a tarp fucking assclown

Whataburger?!?!?!?!?!?! Better than In-n-Out?!?!?! :lmao

IronMaxipad
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
It's alright. In-n-out is still better as far as fast food burger joints go.

jeebus
10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
they're both overrated. I had in n out a few times in Vegas cuz everyone said it was awesome but it was nothing special. Heard the same about 5 guys; didn't care for it. making your own is the way to go.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I think they're pretty good

CubanSucks
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
No one over the age of 15 should like that place.

pretty much

Bullshit prices and average burgers just like Five Guys. Fries are at least decent but we're back at the price problem. Atmosphere is good, and by good I mean not terrible like Five Guys. I'll never go to Smash Burger unless I have some sort of coupon, I don't understand why anyone would, but I'd never go back to Five Guys even if I ate free

InRareForm
10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
lol @ people saying in and out is overrated.

wow

the fries may be weak, but that's why you get them animal style tbh..

Monostradamus
10-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Five Guys is terrible. Fresh ingredients don't matter when you overcook the shit out of your burgers. Those disgusting greasy ass fries are the worst part tho.

RGMCSE
10-30-2012, 07:53 PM

RGMCSE
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
you're a tarp fucking assclown

Whataburger?!?!?!?!?!?! Better than In-n-Out?!?!?! :lmao

Get a new shtick cock sucker. Do you eat in n out while lounging in The Castro district? Whataburger is a damn good fastfood burger. lol at cali fucks being sentimental about in n out:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Get a new shtick cock sucker. Do you eat in n out while lounging in The Castro district? Whataburger is a damn good fastfood burger. lol at cali fucks being sentimental about in n out:lol

The state I live in has both In-n-Out and Whataburger. Whataburger doesn't even compare, and no one outside the state of Texas thinks it does.

RGMCSE
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
they're both overrated. I had in n out a few times in Vegas cuz everyone said it was awesome but it was nothing special. Heard the same about 5 guys; didn't care for it. making your own is the way to go.

I completely agree with you jeebus. Making your own is the way to go. There's so many ways you can go while homemade. It's too bad I didn't think about going to in n out while in vegas earlier this month. But really, fuck going to in n out while in vegas. tbh there isnt really one great fastfood burger joint that is worth all this damn fuss. whataburger and in n out included. But Whataburger is just the way to go.

RGMCSE
10-30-2012, 08:02 PM
The state I live in has both In-n-Out and Whataburger. Whataburger doesn't even compare, and no one outside the state of Texas thinks it does.

tbh you're probably being as biased as I am right now.

Latarian Milton
10-30-2012, 08:06 PM

agree making your own is the way to go, but not after cleaning your anus with your finger w/o washing it so it may not work for cubansucks imho

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2012, 08:07 PM
tbh you're probably being as biased as I am right now.

Why would I be biased? I've never lived in Cali or Texas.

BUMP
10-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Making your own is the way to go.

Would you say this is also the way to go?

http://i.imgur.com/ZBogd.gif

SA210
10-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Completely overpriced, you can get a better burger at Short Stop tbh....

Short Stop is the shyt :tu

Bender
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
hard to believe Whataburger is part of a "best burger" discussion....

leemajors
10-30-2012, 08:51 PM

near the top of the open at 4am discussion in TX, but correct overall.

HI-FI
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Short Stop is the shyt :tu

always wanted to try it out. I might next time in Round Rock.

Five Guys is alright, i like it. though it's crazy the amount of love for In n Out. maybe I didn't have the proper experience, I got take out from the one in Dallas, but that was overrated based on the hype. It was decent and a good price, but nothing spectacular. their milkshakes were a good value though. The fries were garbage tbh.

SA210
10-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Short Stop is just a little cheap place, but it's pretty darn good. As soon as I get back to Austin, I am sure to stop by. I like Sandy's and also Dan's Hamburgers over there. I hope Dan's is still open.

redzero
10-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I forgot all about Five Guys once after I ate there.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Ehh, I like Five Guys, tbh... the fries are pretty hit or miss but the portions are decently-sized....

Best burger place is EASILY the Varsity in Atlanta, though...

HI-FI
10-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Short Stop is just a little cheap place, but it's pretty darn good. As soon as I get back to Austin, I am sure to stop by. I like Sandy's and also Dan's Hamburgers over there. I hope Dan's is still open.
i'll try those out if I remember, i live close enough to Austin that I'm there quite often.

you should try Mighty Fine though if you get the chance, see what you think. It's from the guys who own Rudy's, has a similar setup. I think it's pretty good shit, but don't know how it compares to Sandy's, Dan's or ShortStop. Mighty Fine has some killer shakes.

SA210
10-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Cool, thanks, I'll check it out :tu

CubanSucks
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM

Another shitty fries place tbh. But hey, they got a gool ol boy doin' the talkin' on them commercials

leemajors
10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Mighty Fine is not very good, just like Rudy's.

Magua
10-31-2012, 02:59 PM
I prefer Five Guys over In N Out, but not by much. My fave burgers are probably Red Robin at the moment though.

Had RR the other day and it was surprisingly very good. Great burger selection too.

Five Guys burgers are meh, and everytime ive eaten there i got constipated.

Blake
10-31-2012, 04:07 PM
when I went, i when thought five guys was supposed to be a nice sit down joint like red robin.

the atmosphere blows. It's average burger fast food with no drive thru.

I don't get it.

blkroadrunners
10-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Went to 5GBF once. Average food, and I don't feel like paying around $10 for a meal.

SA210
10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Five Guys is way overpriced for what it is.

Creepn
10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Had In-n-out burger today and that place is just as overrated as 5 Guys. The price is decent though.

Fpoonsie
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Had In-n-out burger today and that place is just as overrated as 5 Guys. The price is decent though.

Pretty much EXACTLY this.

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2012, 08:23 AM

Went there once. Won't go back. Thought it was pretty mediocre and extremely overpriced.

mrsmaalox
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
5 Guys is sloppy and gross. Smashburger is a little better but not great; I liked that they offer fried veggies for a side but they may as well serve them in a bowl of grease.

Homeland Security
11-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Five Guys and In-n-Out are not popular because their food is particularly good. They are popular because of their geographic origins in Maryland/DC and California, respectively, and the liberal white culture in those places. Expressing an affinity for Five Guys or In-n-Out is one of many signals that white cultural liberals use to identify one another. These signals are important to white liberals so that they can differentiate themselves from WKWP (wrong kind of white people), i.e. Christians, conservatives, rednecks, etc.

AngryMan
11-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Five Guys and In-n-Out are not popular because their food is particularly good. They are popular because of their geographic origins in Maryland/DC and California, respectively, and the liberal white culture in those places. Expressing an affinity for Five Guys or In-n-Out is one of many signals that white cultural liberals use to identify one another. These signals are important to white liberals so that they can differentiate themselves from WKWP (wrong kind of white people), i.e. Christians, conservatives, rednecks, etc.

Man....sit yo' ass down!

Bill_Brasky
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
always wanted to try it out. I might next time in Round Rock.

Five Guys is alright, i like it. though it's crazy the amount of love for In n Out. maybe I didn't have the proper experience, I got take out from the one in Dallas, but that was overrated based on the hype. It was decent and a good price, but nothing spectacular. their milkshakes were a good value though. The fries were garbage tbh.

As long as you're in RR near the Short Stop, keep going another mile or so down hwy 79 to Little Red Wagon and grab one of their burgers.....great quality/amount of food for the price.

leemajors
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM

I like the "secret" menu items at In N Out, mainly the well done fries and animal style burgers. Well done fries are awesome, regular ones not so much.

CuckingFunt
11-01-2012, 12:24 PM

I can't speak for Five Guys because I've never tried it.

But I would imagine there are better places to go to distinguish oneself from Christians and conservatives than a chain who famously includes scripture on their various cups and containers, as In-N-Out does.

CubanSucks
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM

...pretty much this, except all I can muster is calling them elitist douchebags who let their inner hipster come out through their choice of burger joints

Homeland Security
11-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I can't speak for Five Guys because I've never tried it.

But I would imagine there are better places to go to distinguish oneself from Christians and conservatives than a chain who famously includes scripture on their various cups and containers, as In-N-Out does.

Irony is important in hipster culture. See: trucker hats.

HI-FI
11-01-2012, 08:22 PM
As long as you're in RR near the Short Stop, keep going another mile or so down hwy 79 to Little Red Wagon and grab one of their burgers.....great quality/amount of food for the price.

thanks, duly noted. sounds like a lot of good options south of me I never tried out before.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Went there once. Won't go back. Thought it was pretty mediocre and extremely overpriced.
salty meat and greasy greasy fries. yep.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
i haven't bothered to check but it's like the people that own mooyah burger run this place. some business model, color scheme, food, etc. neither place is at the top of the list when i want a burger but i love their generous helpings of fries. i just wish they tasted better.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I like five guys but it definitely is too expensive for what it is. There's no option to have smaller fries, you basically have to spend 10 bucks if you want a burger and fries, and you're already getting a big burger and the only option is a bag filled with fries.

I like a big sloppy greasy burger though and I do like Five Guys, but I hardly ever eat it. I wish we had In N Out and Whataburger on the east coast so I could compare. :(

robino2001
11-02-2012, 09:08 AM

This guy is 100% right... one of the best I've ever had (plus cheap as crap)... one of the few good breakfast taco options here too