PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Ty Lawson: 4yrs/48 Million

Mel_13
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
The Denver Nuggets have reached terms on a contract extension with point guard Ty Lawson.

Lawson tweeted Tuesday that the deal is done after month-long negotiations, announcing to his followers that he'll be a Nugget "for another four years" and thanking Denver management for the extension.

The deal, which will take effect starting next season, is worth $48 million over four years, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

First-round picks from the 2009 NBA draft were facing a Wednesday midnight deadline to secure a contract extension. In most cases, those who don't will become restricted free agents in July.

The Nuggets now have Lawson, center JaVale McGee and forwards Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler signed to long-term deals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8573697/ty-lawson-denver-nuggets-agree-contract-extension

Latarian Milton
10-30-2012, 08:38 PM
denver just pissing away $ for fun. ty might be good but 48m/4yr looks just too big for a player of his caliber imho. dude will have a lot to do to justify his pricetag

Clipper Nation
10-30-2012, 08:39 PM
:lolverpaid

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
That CBA really did wonders for keeping salaries to reasonable levels.

Seventyniner
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
:lolverpaid

Killakobe81
10-30-2012, 09:10 PM
That CBA really did wonders for keeping salaries to reasonable levels.

That is why I sided with the players ...owners are dumb, why should the players suffer or sacrifice if the owners are dumbasses.

Mitch
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Masai is such an amateur, I had to gift wrap Iguodala for him just to make this "rivalry" interesting. Enjoy another first round exit and another killing spree, Denver.

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
That is why I sided with the players ...owners are dumb, why should the players suffer or sacrifice if the owners are dumbasses.

Because you can sheer a sheep many times but you can only skin it once. Btw, there's no suffering in getting 30 million for 4 years. I'd take it.

DMC
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Masai is such an amateur, I had to gift wrap Iguodala for him just to make this "rivalry" interesting. Enjoy another first round exit and another killing spree, Denver.

You've jumped the shark so I see you've started being more controversial.

Mitch
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
You've jumped the shark so I see you've started being more controversial.

More? I am the GM of the Los Angeles Lakers, I live in the media limelight. I can take a shit and wipe my ass with triple ply toilet paper, that will stir up contraversy with Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala after they're done scissoring with each other. You should be thanking me for taking time out of my busy day, right when the season opener is beginning for my team, to reply to a mentally touched individual such as yourself.

I'm surprised you are able to type with chodes for fingers, good for you.

rayjayjohnson
10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Average tbh

Scrub
10-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Lawson is a good PG but not worth 12mil/year. 4/40 is the most I'd give to him. 4/48 looks like a joke when you compare it to Rondo/Lowry/Dragic contracts. He took too much too much...

Raven
10-31-2012, 08:45 AM
fair money imho..

Jodelo
10-31-2012, 08:52 AM
a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Clipper Nation
10-31-2012, 04:02 PM

The owners aren't dumbasses... the lockout was clearly not about competitive balance or salaries, it was about getting a bigger cut of the revenue for themselves, period...

blkroadrunners
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
fair money imho..

Probably the right amount for a player of his age and calibur.