PDA

View Full Version : Who's Leaving?

Big Pimp_21
06-27-2005, 12:40 PM
So...I know everyone is excited right now b/c of the championship and all, but that will wear off soon and business will resume. Who do you think will jump ship for more money?

Horry?
Big Dog?
Devin?

Who will we let walk and not try to re-sign?

Marks?
T-Mass?
LJ III?
Wilks?

Duff McCartney
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Tha Third definitely needs to stay.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Big Dog will probably get bigger offers elsewhere.

I'm not sure what they will do with Marks and Mass. I'd imagine LJ III will stay unless they pick up a 3 in free agency or draft. Wilks will probably get an offer where he get more playing time.

Big Pimp_21
06-27-2005, 12:56 PM
what about Horry? I thought I saw Harris or Chancellor say that he's almost certain to opt out. I know Pop wants to keep him, but can we. Miami will propably offer more $$

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I think it's been in the plan all along for him to opt out. He'll can then turn around and sign for the Spurs for a little more money. They have his Early Bird's Rights so they won't have to use any money from the MLE to do that. I don't think he'll leave. He wants to stay in Texas and be close to his daughter.

Ishta
06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I like Robert now, and i would hate to see him leave....he might revert to his Spurs killing ways, and that wouldn't be good!!

E20
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
The funny thing is I hated Robert with the Lakers now I LOVE HIM

tlongII
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
I believe TPark said he was leaving.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I want Horry. He can turn around a whole game, and is underrated IMO.

Keep Horry, please.

easjer
06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Horry only considered two teams last year - Miami and SA. He wants a title, but more money wouldn't hurt. He wants more rings. His best chance is with SA, because he works in this system. He'll want to stay in Texas, because he wants to be close to his family.

He'll be back. They'll pony up for him. I thought his post game interviews were pretty clear that he intended to stay (but that was impressionistic, don't ask me for quotes)

SWC Bonfire
06-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Well... Horry will stay put as long as he doesn't pull an SJax :lol

I know the Spurs will have to pay him more to keep him. But he will be in demand now, whereas he was a castoff from the lakers two years ago and a contigency plan signing this year.

PLEASE do not let him go... if he kills us with one of those shots, we'll be sorry for not keeping him out of the hands of the enemy. Even if he doesn't play, he can't do any damage to us (no snickers about the laker series).

WalterBenitez
06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Keep Horry, Nazr, Brown they were useful this season!

well, at least try if SA has not money to convince them ... Spurs will have to work to replace them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Horry'll be back. I don't think he'd go to Miami for a chance to get a ring with a fourth team. I like Glenn Robinson and while the idea of him being on this team with a full training camp and a chance to work for a set spot in the rotation intrigues me, I think that he'll probably get some offers that are more than the Spurs can spend. He's a great scorer and there's always going to be a place on any team for a guy who can shoot well. Devin will probably sign a short term deal with the Spurs, 1-2 years. He loves playing in San Antonio and if he's healthy I think he'll be able to show off what he's got and either earn a good contract here or somewhere else.

Wilks will probably land somewhere else, T-Mass will probably go the way of Kersey and Willis once they got their rings. I'd like to keep Marks around, if for no other reason than that he's good for lockerroom morale, all the Spurs love him. I can't see why the Spurs would hang onto LJ3 as long as they have just to ditch him now that he's healthy, and especially since they're at a long term fill in for Bruce.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I would be very surprised to see either Devin or Horry go. Assuming they stay, you'll have 10 spots on the roster already filled:

Starters
1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nazr or Rasho

Bench
1 Beno
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
4 Horry
5 Rasho or Nazr

Scola will make 11 and either Big Dog or LJ3 will give you an even dozen to fill the active roster.

Phenomanul
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
I would be very surprised to see either Devin or Horry go. Assuming they stay, you'll have 10 spots on the roster already filled:

Starters
1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Bowen
4 Duncan
5 Nazr or Rasho

Bench
1 Beno
1/2 Barry
2 DBrown
4 Horry
5 Rasho or Nazr

Scola will make 11 and either Big Dog or LJ3 will give you an even dozen to fill the active roster.

The new CBA allows a 14 man roster.....

Big Pimp_21
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
The new CBA allows a 14 man roster.....

14 plus the IR, or 14 total?

SWC Bonfire
06-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I think 14 total, which was designed to allow teams to let players play in the NBDL instead of sit on the IR. Someone else probably has the specifics.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 02:02 PM
It's still the same roster - 12 active and 3 inactive. The only difference is that the inactive is not called the injured list. And you can send two of your players down to the NBDL if you want to do so.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
The latest CBA calls for an average of a 14 players per team across the league. That means both active and inactive combined. I'm not sure what the penalty will be for the owners should the average end up being less than 14.

Tek_XX
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
I think Big Dog is gone, and i think Devin and Horry stay. And although Horry gave the impression that he was going to stay after the game, take those comments with a grain of salt because buisness decisions sometimes get in the way.

Jdspur20
06-27-2005, 02:32 PM
there's no way horry signs with someone else. you can tell by whats been said he will return. no one can offer him more playing time, or a chance to win another title. plus, he wants to be close to houston for his daughter.

Willinsa
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I think Rascho has too go he is not very good, and he is overpaid.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't see the Spurs losing Horry over $. No team is going to offer him more than 2 years starting for the MLE at this point in his career. Maybe Dallas does it just to fuck with the Spurs, but I doubt it.

Supergirl
06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
People need to lay off Rasho. He was a valuable piece to the SPurs getting where they did in the regular season. The big question is will Pop start Rasho or Nazr? Who will be better coming off the bench? I think Nazr would be better, he could be an energy guy, like Manu, come in an grab some offensive boards and score a few putbacks. Rasho plays better when he starts.

I like this roster:
Duncan - Scola - Horry
Parker - Beno
Manu - Barry
Bowen - Brown
Rasho - Nazr

Wilks and Robinson will get probably better offers elsewhere, people say, but will they? Why was Robinson available to us when he was? Has his stock really gone up that much since then? If we could sign him for vet minimum or something, that would be sweet.

TMass seems unnecessary with Scola coming on and assuming we resign Horry and Nazr. And he's not as talented as either, but I do like him.

Any possible barriers to resigning Nazr? I think he, Brown, and Horry are the critical ones.

clubalien
06-27-2005, 04:16 PM
leaving
g robinson
tony mass
tpark
horry will reup and so will devin brown

Dre_7
06-27-2005, 04:18 PM
And you can send two of your players down to the NBDL if you want to do so.

Without worring about them signing elsewhere? That is great. I like that. I also like that teams wont have to come up with fake injuries in order to put guys on the IL. Rock On!!

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Without worring about them signing elsewhere?

Yes. From how I understand it, the NBA team signs them and still pays them but can send them down (and bring them up) to the NBDL anytime.

Smackie Chan
06-27-2005, 04:28 PM
So...I know everyone is excited right now b/c of the championship and all, but that will wear off soon and business will resume. Who do you think will jump ship for more money?

Horry?
Big Dog?
Devin?

Who will we let walk and not try to re-sign?

Marks?
T-Mass?
LJ III?
Wilks?

Psssssst! you left out T park

T Park
If the Spurs win the championship, wich they arent....
I will not post for 1 whole year.

The day the Spurs win, wich they wont cause they dont want to, I will stop posting, and will stay away for

1 whole year.

That simple.