PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Smash the Lakers

BatManu20
10-31-2012, 12:52 AM
I know it's only the first game of the season, and the Lakers will obviously get better, but they looked horrible in their season opener, losing badly at home to the Mavs who didn't have Dirk or Kaman. They look old and slow and Mike Brown running the Princeton offense is really hurting them. Nash is playing off the ball and just standing around. Howard doesn't post up near as much (and he still can't shoot FT's. He went 3-14 from the foul line). And their bench still sucks. It's basically Kobe shooting jump shots while everyone watches or Dwight throwing up awkward hook shots. Lakers look very beatable. They'll still hurt us with their size, but I really don't think they'll be the powerhouse that they look to be on paper.

I have the West ending up like this:

1.OKC
2.Spurs
3.Lakers
4.Clippers
5.Grizzlies
6.Mavs
7.Nuggets
8.Wolves or Jazz taking the last spot

I still give OKC the nod but the Spurs could be right there. But, i'm not as afraid of OKC without Harden cause he is the one who really killed us last year. I'm excited cause I think the West is more wide open this year than it hass been in a while. Hopefully the Spurs have one more run in them. :toast

lefty
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Only 81 games to go

BatManu20
10-31-2012, 01:02 AM
It's never too early to deliberate.

MI21
10-31-2012, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I agree, the Lakers will only improve a little. Howard, Gasol, Bryant and Nash have played many years together and this is about as good as it will get.

ElNono
10-31-2012, 02:19 AM
It really is early to deliberate. In the meantime, enjoy the free lols

FuzzyLumpkins
10-31-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't see why OKC gets so many nods at the top seed. they didn't get it last year and they are less talented.

Obstructed_View
10-31-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe's gonna lose his mind that he only got three shots in the last several minutes of the game. I hope the Lakers practice their free throws if they're going to play at that pace, because teams aren't going to be afraid of getting into the penalty.

spurspokesman
10-31-2012, 07:27 AM
Couldn't watch due to Hurricane Sandy power loss. Lol to those thinking LA wont get better.

Seventyniner
10-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Would Curry have helped against the Lakers after all?

And :lol at the Lakers' minute distribution. They treated it like a playoff game.

AussieFanKurt
10-31-2012, 07:50 AM
This is clearly for NBA forum.,.

Raven
10-31-2012, 08:05 AM
it's preseason, tbh.

hooperflash
10-31-2012, 08:23 AM
I was on skype with a friend of mine the whole time , he is a Laker fan. I knew this would happen since tip-off Lol

thunderfan
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't see why OKC gets so many nods at the top seed. they didn't get it last year and they are less talented.

More talented and more versatile - without question. You could argue Harden is better than Martin, although I would contend that Martin is potentially equally effective on offense as Harden. However, you have to consider the addition of a healthy Maynor, a better Ibaka, and Jones (huge steal in the draft). Now initially there might be some growing pains, but I think overall OKC is better

widowmaker
10-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Couldn't watch due to Hurricane Sandy power loss. Lol to those thinking LA wont get better.

Lol to all them niggaz put the lakers on a pedestal.