PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Heat (Finals 2012-2013)

tmtcsc
10-31-2012, 03:57 PM
With the Harden trade and the new look Lakers being a work in progress, I think things are setting up nicely for the Spurs to face the Heat in the Finals this year.

I also wouldn't count the Heat as a lock to get back to the Finals. People seem to have a short memory. Yes, they played their best when it counted but they got forced to a game 7 with the undermanned Celts and were really on the ropes. The Spurs were on fire and looked like the league's best until they fell through the floor. Was the backdoor sweep enough to discount the Spurs as a legitimate contender going forward?

Why is it now that the Heat are so unbeatable ? I don't buy it. IF everyone stays healthy and the Spurs clean up their deficiencies on D, then I think they have a great shot at representing the West in the Finals. I'm not trying to be a Homer here, I'm just wanting to keep things in perspective. The Spurs won 20 games in a row and had every analyst drooling over their style of play. They should be even better this year.

P.S. - Did anyone catch the Lakers / Mavs game last night ? Forget chemistry, the Lakers look lost, old and worn. I think the Clips will win that Division.

tmtcsc
03-04-2013, 10:27 PM
BUMP - Bringing da goods on Halloween. I still feel the same way today. Crazy love for Heat is out of control.

RD2191
03-04-2013, 10:36 PM
:flag:

ginobilized
03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
I hope you are correct Spurstradamus

TampaDude
03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Spurs-Heat Finals. Spurs in 6.

racm
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
When this thread was made the Spurs weren't:

1. Starting Splitter.
2. Playing elite defense as :pop: promised in pre-season.

Now, though... :hat

eDizzle20
03-05-2013, 12:15 AM
I would love to see nothing more than the Spurs take down the Heat in the Finals, especially with these pre-game dunks Lebron has drawn so much attention over. Now Magic Johnson and a bunch of other ESPN broadcasters are offering money for Lebron to do the dunk competition. Lebron is mulling over the $1 million-plus he could get just doing a silly dunk competition. Everyone knows sports is all about money, but you don't need to make it so obvious. Thank God I'm a Spurs fan :toast.

BatManu20
03-05-2013, 04:05 AM
Spurs-Heat Finals. Heat in 6 imo.

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2013, 04:13 AM
:lol OP's predictions regarding the Heat have been terrible, for example:

The biggest obstacle to the Spurs winning a title is the LA Lakers. Not the Bulls. If we clinch the West, Pop starts resting players.

The Bulls have been great this year and I would love to see a Spurs/Bulls finals but I don't think they make it past the Celtics.

I'll be shocked if Miami makes it to the Finals.

DapDaGenius
03-05-2013, 04:34 AM
SAS in 5.

Spurs win 2, then lose 1. This stirs up if Miami is going to pull a OKC and win the next 4 straight. Spurs scoop up the next 2 games.

tmtcsc
03-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Damn, HH37- That took some work. I don't remember those predictions. Apparently they were made before the Bulls lost Rose in the playoffs. I'd stick with those predictions if Rose had stayed healthy. Indiana was punking Miami and Wade was a shadow of his old self.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Damn, HH37- That took some work. I don't remember those predictions. Apparently they were made before the Bulls lost Rose in the playoffs. I'd stick with those predictions if Rose had stayed healthy. Indiana was punking Miami and Wade was a shadow of his old self.

A shadow dropping 41pts :lol

tmtcsc
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
A shadow dropping 41pts :lol

:lol Shadow scoring 5 pts in game 3.
:lol Miami losing HCA in game 2
:lol D. Wade being distracted with personal problems.

Don't act like that shit didn't happen. Indiana's weak ass couldn't finish them.

spurraider21
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
maybe Indiana can upset Miami :lol

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 05:30 PM
:lol Shadow scoring 5 pts in game 3.
:lol Miami losing HCA in game 2
:lol D. Wade being distracted with personal problems.

Don't act like that shit didn't happen. Indiana's weak ass couldn't finish them.
Either you don't know what you're talking about or you're just plain stupid. Wade wasn't healthy, had his knee drained before game 4 and then proceeded to destroy the Pacers (a very good defensive team). It's common knowledge Wade was injured in last years playoffs and had off-season surgery as result. You really could avoid not looking like a complete idiot if you at leasy knew what you're talking about.

Mal
03-05-2013, 05:52 PM
gtfo with this shit

hater
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I also wouldn't count the Heat as a lock to get back to the Finals.

:lol yes they are a lock to make it to the Finals :lol overhyped Indiana :lol Boston :lol :lol Knicks

tmtcsc
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Either you don't know what you're talking about or you're just plain stupid. Wade wasn't healthy, had his knee drained before game 4 and then proceeded to destroy the Pacers (a very good defensive team). It's common knowledge Wade was injured in last years playoffs and had off-season surgery as result. You really could avoid not looking like a complete idiot if you at leasy knew what you're talking about.

You're a complete fucking moron dude. Just stop. Look at what I said in my previous posts before you come in here talking shit. Miami was falling apart and was down 2-1. They lost home court and Wade looked like shit. Yes, he was injured but no one knew that draining his knee was going to help his situation that dramatically. Plenty of people have had their knees drained and don't respond like he did. So, yes, he was playing like a shadow of his former self.

Game 1 he shot 8-23, game 2 he shot 8-22 and then he scored 5 points in game 3. Things didn't look good at all for them. Just about everyone (besides your myopic ass apparently) saw that they were in trouble and not playing well. Boston then took them 7 games. Their path is much easier this year if they stay healthy but that same easy path will hurt them in the Finals if they make it that far. They are a 2 man show and will get exposed. Most likely by the Spurs.

Norris Cole
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
You're a complete fucking moron dude. Just stop. Look at what I said in my previous posts before you come in here talking shit. Miami was falling apart and was down 2-1. They lost home court and Wade looked like shit. Yes, he was injured but no one knew that draining his knee was going to help his situation that dramatically. Plenty of people have had their knees drained and don't respond like he did. So, yes, he was playing like a shadow of his former self.

Game 1 he shot 8-23, game 2 he shot 8-22 and then he scored 5 points in game 3. Things didn't look good at all for them. Just about everyone (besides your myopic ass apparently) saw that they were in trouble and not playing well. Boston then took them 7 games. Their path is much easier this year if they stay healthy but that same easy path will hurt them in the Finals if they make it that far. They are a 2 man show and will get exposed. Most likely by the Spurs.

Nice backpedal :tu Thanks for playing...

tmtcsc
03-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Nice backpedal :tu Thanks for playing...

Really ?: Indiana was punking Miami and Wade was a shadow of his old self. Thanks for acknowledging your weak post by saying I'm backpedaling from my earlier statement. :tu

HarlemHeat37
03-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Miami was missing Bosh for most of last year's playoffs..remove the best big and 3rd overall option from any team in the playoffs and they will probably struggle, tbh..

tmtcsc
05-28-2013, 02:43 PM
bump, tbh

spurraider21
05-28-2013, 02:46 PM
i wonder what HH37 thinks is our best strategy for defending bron

tmtcsc
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't know about HH37's opinion, but I believe you live with forcing Lebron into taking jump shots as much as you can. If he decides to post-up his defender, then you double team him. Just my opinion and I'm no coach. LeBron can score but he's not driven by that - Like Kobe Bryant is. Therefore, you make him uncomfortable by taking away his other options. Guard everyone else. Let him handle the ball and put Leonard on him.

Of course, this is all premature. Indiana is capable of doing this too and if they get back to it, they can win this series. Miami's achilles heal is size and rebounding. If Indiana gets back to playing tough, physical basketball, they can force a game 7 and make things anxious for Miami. If the Heat win tonight, its over in 5.