PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL*** October Labor Report Complaint Thread

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobless-claims-fall-nj-dc-123315736.html

Once the official labor report comes out, use this thread as the place to voice your grievances over unemployment statistics being a Liberal conspiracy to swing the election for Obama.

cantthinkofanything
11-01-2012, 10:48 AM
First.

Clearly this report was manipulated for "their" benefit and no indication of what's really going on.

boutons_deux
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Wall Street jumps 1% on strong labor market data

Stocks jumped 1 percent on Thursday as bullish consumer confidence and private-sector jobs data gave investors reason to cheer following superstorm Sandy's devastating sweep through the U.S. Northeast.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 136.16 points, or 1.04 percent, to end unofficially at 13,232.62. The S&P 500 gained 15.43 points, or 1.09 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,427.59. The Nasdaq Composite added 42.83 points, or 1.44 percent, to close unofficially at 3,020.06.

http://touch.chicagotribune.com/#section/545/article/p2p-73100702/

scott
11-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Those Chicago guys will do anything.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Those Chicago guys will do anything.
I'm surprised our resident conspiracy theorists don't claim the rich manipulated HAARP for this.

Drachen
11-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm surprised our resident conspiracy theorists don't claim the rich manipulated HAARP for this.

Not sure I get this, since this is an excellent report. One would assume if there was a conspiracy theory involving the rich, that they would manipulate it away from being a good report.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
:lol @ 7.9% being called "excellent".

101A
11-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Good God do I want companies to start hiring. It is a pain in the ass to only be able to grow my business my selling to new clients; the "easy" growth is when current clients are blowing and growing themselves.

I don't care whose team gets the credit - growth is GOOD! (lesson learned during the Clinton presidency - my income quintupled)

Drachen
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM

Large number of jobs created, upward revisions to the last two months, workforce participation up.

Progress is a video, not a snapshot.
Try to be smarter than that.

Edward
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Considering the shape this country was in 4 years ago, yeah, it is.

Sorry the guy you voted for in 2000 and 2004 lowered the bar so much. He gave you a tax cut though so you should still be happy :tu

101A
11-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Considering the shape this country was in 4 years ago, yeah, it is.

Sorry the guy you voted for in 2000 and 2004 lowered the bar so much. He gave you a tax cut though so you should still be happy :tu

and Obama has signed that tax cut into law, what, 4 separate times?

Edward
11-02-2012, 09:56 AM
and Obama has signed that tax cut into law, what, 4 separate times?
One reason I'm not voting for him.

ploto
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
One reason I'm not voting for him.

So you are voting for Romney instead! :lol

Drachen
11-02-2012, 10:04 AM

There can be only one, but that doesn't mean there are only two to choose from.

Edward
11-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Neither.

I'm not voting for Romney because his views/ideas are fuckin retarded.

I like Obama's ideas, but he's had 4 years to implement them.

djohn2oo8
11-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Without any help from congressional republicans, it is.

101A
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Many presidents have been able to accomplish goals with legislatures ruled by the opposition.

This one has not. His is a failure, more than anything else, of leadership.

Not necessarily surprising, his bona fides in that regard are, and were, lacking

boutons_deux
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM

100Ks of public sector workers have been laid off in Repug states, maybe about 1% of the total unemployement rate. funny how that happens in mainly Repug states

djohn2oo8
11-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Many presidents have been able to accomplish goals with legislatures ruled by the opposition.

This one has not. His is a failure, more than anything else, of leadership.

No president has been Black before
No president has been opposed like this since the day he took office before
Ex. Mitch Mcconnell
No president had to face the right wing extremists tea party before

symple19
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
No president has been opposed like this since the day he took office before

No president had to face the right wing extremists tea party before

:lmao

better brush up on your presidential history if you think the first is true

And :lol thinking tea party people are an historically tough "extremist group."

Edward
11-02-2012, 02:19 PM
:lmao

better brush up on your presidential history if you think the first is true

And :lol thinking tea party people are an historically tough "extremist group."

Tea party politicians like Michele Bachmann are historically extreme politicians. The secretary of state's top aid being accused of membership in the Islamic Brotherhood by someone who was at one point leading the Republican strawpoll when she has a fuckin Jewish son is comparable to the Salem Witch trials.

Also, no president has had to deal with millions of people in this country thinking he was born in Kenya, is a Muslim, and didn't actually attend the college he attended. There are plenty of things Obama has faced that no president, at least in recent history, has had to face.

symple19
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Abraham Lincoln (for starters)... Djohn did not specify "in recent history"

You and I obviously do not share the same definition of "extremism."

What about the millions (sadly) who believe the US (Bush Administration) engineered 9/11? Is that not the same thing as millions of retards thinking Obama was born in a muslim country?

And are you really equating the Salem Witch trials to something Bachmann said? How many people died as a result of the Bachmann statements? History is littered with dumbass politicians who say incredibly stupid things.

From an historical perspective, Obama is not unique in anything other than being black (broadly speaking). Many, many other presidents have faced the same types of questions, doubts, and partisan attacks from fringe groups (which is how I would classify the Tea Party.)

Edward
11-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Abraham Lincoln (for starters)... Djohn did not specify "in recent history"

You and I obviously do not share the same definition of "extremism."
My guess is, Djohn meant recent history. Everyone knows how fucked up pre-WWII America was.

What about the millions (sadly) who believe the US (Bush Administration) engineered 9/11? Is that not the same thing as millions of retards thinking Obama was born in a muslim country?
No, it's not at all. Bush never had to prove his innocence because the only people who believe he engineered 9/11 are tin-foil hat wearing troofers no one takes seriously. That's a conspiracy theory every president would face if 9/11 happened under their watch. Just as an example, there are retards in this country who think Obama used weather modification to engineer hurricane sandy, but that's not something I consider particular to Obama. There is a handful of people in this country who shout conspiracy whenever they possibly can.

The birther movement went far beyond batshit conspiracy no one took seriously.

And are you really equating the Salem Witch trials to something Bachmann said? How many people died as a result of the Bachmann statements? History is littered with dumbass politicians who say incredibly stupid things.
Bachmann accusing Abedin of being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood plotting to destroy America isn't some regular stupid thing politicians say. Maybe no one died because of what Bachmann said, but countless hate crimes against Muslims have been committed in this country recently because of the Republican party's witch hunt against Islamic people. It's the same radical movement as the red scare. I consider both examples of a witch hunt.

From an historical perspective, Obama is not unique in anything other than being black (broadly speaking). Many, many other presidents have faced the same types of questions, doubts, and partisan attacks from fringe groups (which is how I would classify the Tea Party.)
How many other presidents had to produce a birth certificate because people doubted the fact they were born in America?

How many other presidents were interrupted in their state of the union address because an opposing politician had such little respect for the president that he felt like shouting "liar!" in the middle of his speech?

The fervent hate Obama has faced from mainstream Republicans is by no means standard or non-extreme. The Republican party, especially tea-baggers, has made it clear that getting Obama out of office is a higher priority for them than rebuilding America.

symple19
11-02-2012, 03:57 PM
My guess is, Djohn meant recent history. Everyone knows how fucked up pre-WWII America was.

Okay. It's still not what he said, and don't be so sure that everyone knows how fucked up it was back in the day

The birther movement went far beyond batshit conspiracy no one took seriously.

How? How did it affect policy?

Bachmann accusing Abedin of being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood plotting to destroy America isn't some regular stupid thing politicians say. Maybe no one died because of what Bachmann said, but countless hate crimes against Muslims have been committed in this country recently because of the Republican party's witch hunt against Islamic people. It's the same radical movement as the red scare. I consider both examples of a witch hunt.

Witch hunt is fine, comparing it to the Salem Witch Trials as you did, is not.

How many other presidents had to produce a birth certificate because people doubted the fact they were born in America?

None. I wasn't being specific, merely speaking in broad terms. How did this affect policy or his presidency?

How many other presidents were interrupted in their state of the union address because an opposing politician had such little respect for the president that he felt like shouting "liar!" in the middle of his speech?

In a specific instance? None. Again, you can take specific things and be right all day, I'm speaking in general.

The fervent hate Obama has faced from mainstream Republicans is by no means standard or non-extreme. The Republican party, especially tea-baggers, has made it clear that getting Obama out of office is a higher priority for them than rebuilding America.

So there was no fervent hate for Dubya? :lmao

Edward
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Okay. It's still not what he said, and don't be so sure that everyone knows how fucked up it was back in the day
Good point. The average American has no idea how fucked up American History is, especially prior to Lincoln. It just seemed like he said, "No president....ever" broadly and didn't mean it literally.

How?
Because it gained enough steam that he had to supply a birth certificate to shut it up. Bush never had to address the troofer movement because it was never more than a batshit conspiracy theory.

How did it affect policy?
It's hard to say definitively yes or no. You can't point to something and say the birther movement directly affected it, but it made Obama appear weak. Weak presidents have a harder time pushing legislation. This is largely Obama's fault coming in without the tools to deal with the opposition, but I don't think he had any idea he'd have to seriously address the subject of him being born in Kenya.

Witch hunt is fine, comparing it to the Salem Witch Trials as you did, is not.
Labeling something as a witch hunt is a comparison to the Salem Witch trials in and of itself.

None. I wasn't being specific, merely speaking in broad terms. How did this affect policy or his presidency?
When did it affecting his policy become part of the discussion? Like I said, it's hard to say how/if it affected his policy, but it sent the message that Obama was some kind of illegitimate president the other side didn't need to take seriously and could refuse to negotiate with. Passing legislation is probably harder when you also have to deal with others questioning the legitimacy of your presidency.

In a specific instance? None. Again, you can take specific things and be right all day, I'm speaking in general.
There were certain demonstrations of disrespect shown to Obama no other modern-American president has endured. Having to show a birth certificate is an example.

So there was no fervent hate for Dubya? :lmao
Not to the extent there is to Obama. The Democrats never did things to disrespect the presidency the way the GOP has with Obama. There was definitely hate, but there was always respect. Democratic politicians didn't question the fact he was president or deliberately try to sabotage him. I personally think Harry Reid and Pelosi did a horrible job by being so willing to compromise and work with Bush. I would have preferred they showed him the same animosity Republicans have shown Obama.

CosmicCowboy
11-02-2012, 05:19 PM
wow. You have swallowed so much koolaid I'll bet you piss blue.

Admit he fucked up and squandered the opportunities he had when he first came in office with like a 90% approval rating and controlled both the house and had a 60 vote majority in the senate. He ignored the economy and pissed off all that good will with a pork laden stimulus plan and obamacare that people didn't want. It was a fucking monumental miscalculation on his part and he is paying for it now.

Th'Pusher
11-02-2012, 06:00 PM
wow. You have swallowed so much koolaid I'll bet you piss blue.

Admit he fucked up and squandered the opportunities he had when he first came in office with like a 90% approval rating and controlled both the house and had a 60 vote majority in the senate. He ignored the economy and pissed off all that good will with a pork laden stimulus plan and obamacare that people didn't want. It was a fucking monumental miscalculation on his part and he is paying for it now.

Paying for it? Really? Don't you have a bet that Obama is going to win a second term? A second term is a strange way to pay for such a fucking monumental miscalculation...

ElNono
11-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Meh, I won't say he didn't squander an opportunity, but let's be realistic here. TARP passed in October, he won the election in November, and had to jump smack in the middle of a royal economic meltdown in January and with two wars in progress. Other than the stimulus (which wasn't going to show an immediate impact anyway, nothing would have), he kept basically Bush's policies in place (both on the wars, the tax cuts, the detroit bailot, etc) in his first year. The second 'big' legislation moved was the ACA, and that wasn't until 2010. By the end of 2010 he lost control of Congress, and obviously the GOP patriots moved in to basically shut government down (putting it nicely).

His window was basically two years, and he used it to move both legislation that was needed (you could agree or disagree that the stimulus was the way to go, and in hindsight everything is easy, but something had to be done back then with the economy tanking badly) or heavy duty legislation (reforming healthcare, which took many months, because they actually were negotiation with the GOP and all parties involved until they figured out the tactic was to stall it).

So sure, in hindsight he probably should've moved smaller things quicker during that period, but once Congress was lost, there was no coming back. When the speaker says his utmost priority is to make sure the president fails, there's no room for bi-partisanship.

Nbadan
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
No, it's not at all. Bush never had to prove his innocence because the only people who believe he engineered 9/11 are tin-foil hat wearing troofers no one takes seriously. That's a conspiracy theory every president would face if 9/11 happened under their watch. Just as an example, there are retards in this country who think Obama used weather modification to engineer hurricane sandy, but that's not something I consider particular to Obama. There is a handful of people in this country who shout conspiracy whenever they possibly can.

:lol the anti-911 family movement

Jacob1983
11-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Obama never had an approval rating of 90 percent. I think the highest approval rating Obama has ever had as president is probably 65 to 70 percent. Evil Bush had an approval rating of 90 percent in the weeks after 9/11.