PDA

View Full Version : Thank Jeebus--no, not the poster...Ervin 'Chinstrap Beard' Santana is gone!

The Gemini Method
11-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Him being gone is just awesome...

Reck
11-01-2012, 02:46 PM
The guy gives you a no hitter and you throw him out? lol

In all seriousness good move.

He had his moments but overall he sucked. Inconsistent as fuck.

The Gemini Method
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
The no-hitter was against an Indians team that was banged up. If he had shown more consistency, then it would've been a different story. He had the best tools out of the starting 5, but he just didn't seem to take his job seriously. I wish him well in KC and perhaps he'll be a better pitcher for that team. It was just too maddening to keep him here and watch him give up the most homeruns in the first inning in the majors this year.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Haren is next. DiPoto will be trading his tired ass for the second time in 2+ years. First from Diamondbacks to the Angels. I'd laugh if the Diamondbacks reacquire him for pennies on the original purchase price.

JMarkJohns
11-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Haren to Cubs for Marmol. Like I said, pennies on the dollar vs. what the Angels traded to get him (Joe Saunders, A+ prospect Tyler Skaggs, assorted other B-level pitching prospects).

JMarkJohns
11-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Wow! Trade fell through so Angels declined option, which means after a $3.5 million buyout, Haren is now a free agent. Worse than the pennies on the dollar trade reported prior. Crazy...