PDA

View Full Version : We have 2 bigs that Pop has confidence in.

Nathan89
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
If healthy Tiago only gets 4min vs Okc it's time for him to go. If he can't eat regular season minutes it's time for him to go.

Hopefully for Varejao.

wut
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I kinda agree, as much as I hate to say it (because I still have high hopes for Splitter); but we do have far too many bigs that seem to be under-performing. Splitter + Blair for an upgrade would be a nice deal. I just don't see Pop parting with Bonner since Pop likes that he can spread the floor in certain matchups.

AussieFanKurt
11-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Blair got couple of boards but why does he think he can shot from 15-18 feet facing up.. retarded shots

BanditHiro
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Blair+Splitter and some picks maybe idk

wut
11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
At this point I'd take first round picks for blair+Splitter.....for the future of the franchise. But in all seriousness, since Blair's contract ends this season, he will be good trade bait since teams will not be afraid to give him a tryout before inking something long-term.

Texas_Ranger
11-01-2012, 11:37 PM
woudn't mind if Tiago, Blair and Bonner all get traded. The first one is soft, the second one is undersized and stupid, and the third is a choking pussy.

Nathan89
11-01-2012, 11:41 PM
woudn't mind if Tiago, Blair and Bonner all get traded. The first one is soft, the second one is undersized and stupid, and the third is a choking pussy.

We've been giving Bonner shit for a while and now he worse than ever. It's like he's hearing someone reading our posts to him while he's on the court. He looks that terrible, lost, confused, ect...

wut
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I still believe Bonner can bring positive things to the Spurs (despite the fact that he absolutely crumbles in the playoffs), but this is definitely the worst I've seen him...he's been horrible.

ducks
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
he sucks in pressure times even in regular season
he is the anti sj

BatManu20
11-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I still believe Bonner can bring positive things to the Spurs (despite the fact that he absolutely crumbles in the playoffs), but this is definitely the worst I've seen him...he's been horrible.
There's no point in having a guy take up a roster spot who colossally chokes in the playoffs every year. Trade him or cut him and let someone who can perform take his spot. simple as that.

BatManu20
11-01-2012, 11:53 PM
ANY other big man would be better than Tiago, Bonner, and Blair right now. I would trade them for bag of chips at this point. If Peter can somehow pull off a miracle and trade these guys for a decent big before the deadline, i'll be elated.

timvp
11-01-2012, 11:56 PM
You don't trade away bigs as talented as Splitter unless you get a huge return. He's a keeper -- just have to hope that he earns a consistent spot in the rotation.

I don't like him getting benched ... but then again I can see Pop's point when Splitter is getting outplayed by Thabeet of all people. Some tough love now doesn't hurt anybody, as long as Splitter is in the rotation when it counts. And I think he will be.

timtonymanu
11-01-2012, 11:59 PM

He's good or at least use to be good at winning you regular season games, but he doesn't even look like that anymore. Especially for the contract he's being paid, he's not worth it.

letmk
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
No way we can get anything equal for Splitter. Bonner and Blair is totally another story though.

SA210
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Keep Splitter

Sean Cagney
11-02-2012, 12:05 AM
We've been giving Bonner shit for a while and now he worse than ever. It's like he's hearing someone reading our posts to him while he's on the court. He looks that terrible, lost, confused, ect...

Finally woke up and realized he sucks? Last years playoffs did him in mentally? Who knows but he even sucks in the regular season for once :( If he does that then he is just useless. Maybe he will turn it up during the playoffs now..... LET ME STOP lol.

The_Worlds_finest
11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Bonner and splitter are chokers. Blair is undersized. I like Blair and splitter but i would trade em off for a player like Anderson verajo

sananspursfan21
11-02-2012, 12:26 AM
I kinda agree, as much as I hate to say it (because I still have high hopes for Splitter); but we do have far too many bigs that seem to be under-performing. Splitter + Blair for an upgrade would be a nice deal. I just don't see Pop parting with Bonner since Pop likes that he can spread the floor in certain matchups.

youve got to be encouraged by pop's benching of bonner in both 2nd halves though so far

Mikesatx
11-02-2012, 12:32 AM
2 games in and we are getting rid of guys? Splitter will be fine---

racm
11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Splitter sat because he fouled like crazy.

Russo21
11-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Splitter sat because he fouled like crazy.

exactly

And Bonner didnt play much, so thats a good sign

dylankerouac
11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Tiago had a rough start but he needs to play a lot tougher. It felt to me like the Thunder were going at him and getting the usual softly splitter response. I remember on one rebound he went up in a cloud of blue jerseys (well, he's got guts) and when he came out of it he was holding his head like someone hit him - I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional. At the same time it seems like this type of play is what keeps Splitter in check, to top if off Splitter is the one that gets in foul trouble.

It does seem like Tiago is getting annoyed with their play though, it will be nice when he gets physical right back at them and even more-so when he can answer them on the offensive and defensive ends. I don't recall another team giving him so much trouble.

Looking forward, if he can learn to play through this he'll be playoff ready regardless of the opponent!

SenorSpur
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
It's true that Splitter needs to play with more physical toughness. The Spurs really need that because outside of Duncan, it's not as though they are getting that kind of production from any other bigs.

SenorSpur
11-02-2012, 01:20 AM
It's true that Splitter needs to play with more physical toughness. The Spurs really need that because outside of Duncan, it's not as though they are getting that kind of production from any other bigs. The FO is going to have to do something to address this before the trade deadline. There's just no way the Spurs can enter another playoff series with 2 undersized, underperforming bigs. If Splitter continues to underwhelm, it makes the Spurs big situation just that more dire.

dylankerouac
11-02-2012, 01:24 AM
It's true that Splitter needs to play with more physical toughness. The Spurs really need that because outside of Duncan, it's not as though they are getting that kind of production from any other bigs. The FO is going to have to do something to address this before the trade deadline. There's just no way the Spurs can enter another playoff series with 2 undersized, underperforming bigs. If Splitter continues to underwhelm, it makes the Spurs big situation just that more dire.

Someone posted a link stating that McDyess is possibly looking for a new team. Did you see this? What are your thoughts?

SenorSpur
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Someone posted a link stating that McDyess is possibly looking for a new team. Did you see this? What are your thoughts?

Didn't see it, but Dice has been retired a couple of years and he seemed relieved to get out of the game. I seriously dobuth he'd be making a come back. Of course, I could be wrong.

Bruno
11-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Pop is still trying to figure out what his rotation should be at PF/C. On the plus side, the more time he takes to make his choices, the less likely he end up making the wrong ones. The downside is that it isn't easy for players to do well if they are put in the doghouse whenever that have a bad stint in a game.

This testing period has to end in a few games. Spurs won't be able to serenely work if they keep a chaotic rotation.

jon123spurs
11-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Keep splitter he actually did some good things but he needs more playing tine. Bonner fuck him trade him for a 3rd round pick anything. As for Blair trade him asap.

Capt Bringdown
11-02-2012, 02:28 AM
Splitter's play is inconsistent, but so are his minutes. One could make a case that he doesn't deserve anything else, but it seems to me that he's being held to a different standard, esp when you consider all the stiffs Pop has gifted minutes to over recent years (Dice and Kurt Thomas come to mind, and of course the ultimate grifter of undeserved minutes, Matt Bonner). Splitter just needs to develop a 3 point shot and /or get 35+ years old before he gets a decent shot from Pop I reckon.

Ice009
11-02-2012, 03:15 AM
You don't trade away bigs as talented as Splitter unless you get a huge return. He's a keeper -- just have to hope that he earns a consistent spot in the rotation.

I don't like him getting benched ... but then again I can see Pop's point when Splitter is getting outplayed by Thabeet of all people. Some tough love now doesn't hurt anybody, as long as Splitter is in the rotation when it counts. And I think he will be.

Would you trade Splitter, Bonner, Blair for Varejao if you could also sign Martin and McDyess after the trade to add to it? or do you think Splitter can be better than all those guys potentially and also when it counts in the playoffs?

Obstructed_View
11-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Looked like Splitter was still getting rookie treatment from the refs. Kind of limits one's ability to play aggressively. I loved the energy Splitter came out with, he just got saddled with foul trouble. Good thing Pop benched him since the fouls carry over from one game to the next.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Would you trade Splitter, Bonner, Blair for Varejao if you could also sign Martin and McDyess after the trade to add to it? or do you think Splitter can be better than all those guys potentially and also when it counts in the playoffs?

Splitter was better than Dice 2 years ago in the playoffs with no preparation and no time with the team. Also, the sound you hear is Cleveland laughing at you over the phone when you suggest that trade.

therealtruth
11-02-2012, 07:24 AM

The tough love doesn't work with Splitter. Pop has tried that the past few years. He needs to let Splitter play consistent minutes to get better.

dylankerouac
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Good thing Pop benched him since the fouls carry over from one game to the next.

lololol

Raven
11-02-2012, 12:30 PM
no need to rush anything, our team is good.

Raven
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Splitter was better than Dice 2 years ago in the playoffs with no preparation and no time with the team. Also, the sound you hear is Cleveland laughing at you over the phone when you suggest that trade.

well, clev. took walton, so it is worth a try..

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
i know it wont happen but i would love a trade for Dalembert.

freetiago
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
bucks would be a good trade partner
they have a lot of depth at the frontcourt and could look for more wings with recent injuries to mbah a moute

sanders
dalembert
ilyasova
henson
gooden
udoh
pryzbilla

6 deep at the frontcourt and they should be playing ilyasova 33-36+ minutes since hes a stud
doesnt leave much time for gooden/henson/sanders and the last 2 are intriguing prospects
then they have dalembert/pryzbilla/udoh at center and udoh should be getting around 30 mins with dalmbert taking up the rest

8FOR!3
11-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Blair got couple of boards but why does he think he can shot from 15-18 feet facing up.. retarded shots

Because he's been working on his shot? And it's looked good all preseason so why not shoot it when you get the chance? A DeJuan Blair who can hit the midrange jumper is a much more effective player.

TheCerebral1
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Because he's been working on his shot? And it's looked good all preseason so why not shoot it when you get the chance? A DeJuan Blair who can hit the midrange jumper is a much more effective player.

Not necessarily his offense that is the issue. He is not much more than a body on defense and really doesn't have many other advantages in playing except in garbage minutes. While I say he's a better player than Bonner (obviously), he definitely could use a change of scenary.

Fabbs
11-02-2012, 04:23 PM
The tough love doesn't work with Splitter. Pop has tried that the past few years. He needs to let Splitter play consistent minutes to get better.
I'm sure no one on the team (including Splitter) buys into Pops selective *tough love** bullshit, knowing full well how **tough** he has been the past 5 years and continuing with his pet lovers Mrs FinleyPop, Soft Dick and now ongoing with BonBon.

We're relegated to "Oh what an improvement, Popped did not play Bonner in the 2nd half."