PDA

View Full Version : List Of C/PF Still Unsigned....

LittleCriminal
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Center
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Kyrylo Fesenko, Chicago Bulls 2013 Camp Invite – $1.0 million
Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons – $2.2 million
Erick Dampier, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million
Sean Williams – Houston Rockets – $0.9 million
Jerome Jordan, Houston Rockets – $0.5 million
Mehmet Okur, Portland Trail Blazers – $10.9 million
Hassan Whiteside, Sacramento Kings – $0.8 million
Tony Battie, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.3 million
DJ Mbenga, Dallas Mavericks 2013 Camp Invite – $1.1 million
Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers – $1.5 million
Keith Benson, Atlanta Hawks 2013 Camp Invite – $0.8 million
Jarrid Famous, Memphis Grizzlies 2013 Camp Invite – $0.5 million
Greg Somogyi, L.A. Lakers 2013 Camp Invite – $0.5 million
Ronnie Aguilar, L.A. Lakers 2013 Camp Invite – $0.5 million
Luke Nevill, Indiana Pacers 2013 Camp Invite – $0.5 million

Power Forward
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Kenyon Martin, L.A. Clippers – $2.5 million
Ryan Gomes, L.A. Clippers – $4.0 million
Jordan Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $0.5 million
Craig Brackins, Phildelphia 76ers – $1.4 million
Derrick Caracter, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million
Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks – $1.3 million
Vernon Macklin, Detroit Pistons – $0.5 million
Juwan Howard, Miami HEAT – $1.3 million
Renaldo Balkman, New York Knicks – $1.7 million
Francisco Elson, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million
Jeff Adrien, Charlotte Bobcats 2013 Camp Invite – $0.9 million
Trent Plaisted, L.A. Clippers – $0.8 million
Ryan Reid, Oklahoma City Thunder – $0.5 million
Rick Jackson, Golden State Warriors 2013 Camp Invite – $0.5 million

Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please dial 911 or call somebody who cares.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Is Okur just cooked of has he looked good in Turkey?

He is a stretch 4....

bus driver
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
lets take a chance with Oden! it could be a grant hill 2 ! although not sure for 1.5M

elemento
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Oden is done for this season. And quite honestly, I think he is done for this career.

The only player of the list that can help SA now is Martin. The rest is way washed up or too young and raw.

bigfan
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Does Elson have anything left (at all?) I know he had butterfingers but I still remember him being fairly useful.

Johnny RIngo
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Is Okur just cooked of has he looked good in Turkey?

He is a stretch 4....

Okur's done. Trust me on that.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Oden is done for this season. And quite honestly, I think he is done for this career.

The only player of the list that can help SA now is Martin. The rest is way washed up or too young and raw.True enough. Probably just waiting to see if any of the young guys show anything in the D-League.

Hoops Czar
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM

The only player of the list that can help SA now is Martin. The rest is way washed up or too young and raw.
Martin won't sign for anything less than the mini MLE... End of story.

TheCerebral1
11-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Martin, Macklin and Jerome Williams have what it takes to be on a roster. The Spurs are plugging in way too many guards on the roster.

Darius Bieber
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Still better than Bonner/Blair.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I missed where Oden was done for the season. I read an article last week saying he was working out in Indiana and wanted to play.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Um, no.

BanditHiro
11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
we just need someone who can gives us 10 minute of not Bonner.

LittleCriminal
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2G4E16L3Y

AussieFanKurt
11-02-2012, 05:52 PM
There's a few good names in there, when I say good I mean better than Bonner and Blair. Nevertheless serviceable to grab a few boards, play some D and put up some shots. Look at Collison, only averaged like 5 points and 5 rebounds last season but did the job well

Ice009
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Oden is someone I want. As good as Eddy Curry is on offense Oden has the potential to be even better defensively. If he can get past his injuries, his defensive potential is just too good to pass up. Even if he isn't great on offense, he could be a monster defensively.

As much as I liked Curry's game in the low post, I would much rather have Oden because of his defensive potential.

Have you got a link to that article OV? Looks like I am not the only one checking up on him.

Mr. Body
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I would take a chance on Oden. Not because reading how the Trailblazers' 'medical staff' likely ruined a young man's career with mishandling his knees (and he wasn't the only one), but because with a little rehab he could have by far the most potential as anyone on that list.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I missed where Oden was done for the season. I read an article last week saying he was working out in Indiana and wanted to play.

I remember reading that he was taking this year off to train and rehab so that he is right for his next comeback attempt. If he is smart he will look to a team like us or the Suns that have a noted training staff but I don't see him being an option this year.

rudwick
11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
We should give Jerome Jordan a try for 5 reasons:
5. Jordan 23 looks good on a Spurs jersey
4. Young
3. Big
2. Cheap
and the number 1 reason:
Last time we signed a big Islander it worked out OK.
:lol

Kidd K
11-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Only ones that matter:

Oden
Ben Wallace
KMart

Rest are worse than either Blair or Splitter in most ways tbh and would not be upgrades.

If Ben Wallace wants back, I would love to sign that dude and put him in there to rough up ZBo and Dwight, and to give us some inside presence when Timmy's sitting. Even if he's just directly used as Timmy's sub, or only plays 10-12 mins, I'd be happy to have Wallace tbh. He was still good last year on defense, and is definitely a lot tougher than Tiago. If Ben wouldn't mind not always getting tons of minutes, this would be my fav' signing of the whole lot imo.

Oden is a huge gamble. . .but fuck it. It isn't like we'd ever get a big with that kind of potential unless we throw a year away to tank it, then hope we don't get "Stern'd" in the lottery ball selection process, then hope there's a big worth taking up there that year.

KMart was still good last year too. Despite him being a cancerous thug with a low BBall IQ, he's tough and can guard SF, PF, and C. He can hit the mid range shot too and score a bit inside. Not a bad talent if we can work through his attitude. He's probably the most talented guy out there, but has possible health issues on top of the attitude issues.

sananspursfan21
11-02-2012, 09:22 PM

agreed, i've always thought ryan gomes would have made a great spur but he would be somewhat redundant of blair given his height. kind of a much smaller scale shawn marion

Mel_13
11-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Kenyon Martin on the Spurs is a pipe dream. The only reason he hasn't signed on somewhere by now, while guys like Troy Murphy get contracts, is that he doesn't want to sign for the minimum. Once he accepts reality and realizes that the minimum is all he can get, then he's going to look to sign in Miami, New York, or LA. SA will be nowhere near the top of list.

BatManu20
11-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I am not sure that anyone on that list is much of a upgrade but if I had to choose one. I would pick one of these players, in no particular order.

CENTER

B. Wallace
E. Dampier
M. Okur
T. Battie

POWER FORWARD

K. Martin
R. Gomes
J. Howard

Dampier?! Hell no.. as a matter of fact this entire list is garbage outside of Kenyon Martin.

Russo21
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Wallace and Martin are the only ones worth looking at.

I know Big Ben is about 40 but he is still a better defender then any big on our roster not named Timmeh. He averaged 1 steal and 1 block last year in very limited minutes. Bonner cant do that in 48 minutes. And he can reunite with Malice at the Palace buddy Stephen Jackson lmao.

Russo21
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
If Ben Wallace wants back, I would love to sign that dude and put him in there to rough up ZBo and Dwight, and to give us some inside presence when Timmy's sitting. Even if he's just directly used as Timmy's sub, or only plays 10-12 mins, I'd be happy to have Wallace tbh. He was still good last year on defense, and is definitely a lot tougher than Tiago. If Ben wouldn't mind not always getting tons of minutes, this would be my fav' signing of the whole lot imo.

Bingo

Arcadian
11-02-2012, 10:53 PM
NO to Oden! Don't fall for that.

One thing I like about the spurs is that we tend to avoid injury-prone players...let's keep it that way.

ThePop
11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Yes to KMart.

MI21
11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
NO to Oden! Don't fall for that.

One thing I like about the spurs is that we tend to avoid injury-prone players...let's keep it that way.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/07/34/36/1951649/3/628x471.jpg

Kidd K
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
There's still an outside chance we'll trade Jackson + Blair or some other combination for a big mid-season. Jackson has an expiring deal and it's got some decent cash on it. . .so there's a lot of guys we could end up pulling back for it. Not neccessarily likely, but it's a possibility.

ThePop
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't want Jack to go though :(

Kidd K
11-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Even if we got a dope big man for him as a one year rental?

ThePop
11-03-2012, 12:18 AM
He better be really dope

LittleCriminal
11-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Check Out this Dope Trade!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=crow79u

Kidd K
11-03-2012, 12:31 AM
They prolly won't trade Gorat 'til next year though. He's pretty decent and doesn't break the bank, so they'll likely wait 'til his last year to deal him for some draft picks.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2012, 02:45 AM
I remember reading that he was taking this year off to train and rehab so that he is right for his next comeback attempt. If he is smart he will look to a team like us or the Suns that have a noted training staff but I don't see him being an option this year.

I'm sure you're correct that he's not going to be able to contribute this year. I still foolishly want to believe that he can get past all his troubles, and he's a hell of a talent, and he loves the Spurs.

ChuckD
11-03-2012, 08:18 AM
lets take a chance with Oden! it could be a grant hill 2 ! although not sure for 1.5M

He had micro fracture surgery (again) on one of his knees, so no. He can't even be close to being ready, and in fact may never play again. I don't think anyone has ever played in the NBA after two MF surgeries on the same knee.

racm
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I would take a chance on Oden. Not because reading how the Trailblazers' 'medical staff' likely ruined a young man's career with mishandling his knees (and he wasn't the only one), but because with a little rehab he could have by far the most potential as anyone on that list. The Spurs also have a very good medical and training staff (sure, Manu gets injured all the time but that's because of how reckless he plays). Tim Duncan wouldn't be putting up 22 points per game at age 36 without their help.

Raven
11-03-2012, 08:36 AM
They prolly won't trade Gorat 'til next year though. He's pretty decent and doesn't break the bank, so they'll likely wait 'til his last year to deal him for some draft picks.

they won't trade him at all, with gogi and gortat, they are set for years to come... scola is also a great complement to both of them, they may resign him too, they probably will only care about taking care of the sg and sf positions.

Chomag
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Agree with people here. I think the Spurs Medical staff can do wonders for Oden. He is a low risk high reward. Not saying the medical staff could get him going late in the season although it wouldn't surprise me if they could, it still would be nice to lock him up on this team for a few years. Oden if healthy and motivated would be just as good if not better then Howard imo.

If Oden's agent was smart he would get him on the Spurs just to get him the rehab he needs because they truly are one of the best in the business. Look at Timmy they work with him and he is looking like he has turned the clock back a few years, and Manu I have no doubt would have retired a couple of seasons ago had he not had this staff working with him.

Just my 2 cents

Kidd K
11-03-2012, 01:07 PM
they won't trade him at all, with gogi and gortat, they are set for years to come... scola is also a great complement to both of them, they may resign him too, they probably will only care about taking care of the sg and sf positions.

That could be the case. But don't forget it takes both parties for them to come to an agreement. If Gortat doesn't want to re-sign, he'll be traded. I wouldn't just assume he's a lock to re-sign. Do the Suns want him? Yeah, but there two new factors: He's going to cost more, and does he want to stay?

DAF86
11-03-2012, 07:06 PM
McDyess, Kenyon, anyone, someone.

itzsoweezee
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
should've just signed Blache. dude is looking really good for the nets

szkorhetz
11-03-2012, 07:17 PM
should've just signed Blache. dude is looking really good for the nets

This is what I was thinking. He is a beast and huge, I mean, HUGE body.

Tyrone Jenkins
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Kenyon Martin or no one.

Tyrone Jenkins
11-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Kenyon Martin or no one.