PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Ramon Sessions/Steve Nash watch

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
The Savior: In his first game of the season, he put up a solid 11 points on 8 shots, got to the line 4 times, and dished out 4 dimes in 21 minutes of action. Also hit a big go ahead 3 late in the 4th. Reasonable 5 mil per year salary.

Nash: Has played 50 minutes thus far this season, scoring 9 points on 12 shots, 8 assists, with no freethrow attempts. Hasn't done much besides stand around and be Canadian. Now injured. Bloated 9 million per year salary for 3 years.

I'm glad you "did it," Mitch.

jeebus
11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Steve Blake may just be one of the disciples and not The Savior, but I believe he can put this team on his back and carry them until they get Fischer back or something.

Malik Hairston
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
To be fair, Ramon Sessions thrives on shitty teams where he can stat pad, tbh..

LkrFan
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Another cl:lolset Laker Fan

#OBSESSED

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 08:54 PM
To be fair, Ramon Sessions thrives on shitty teams where he can stat pad, tbh..

He can't really stat pad on Charlotte, though. He's the backup PG and is on team filled with chuckers, so there won't be too many shot attempts coming his way. He let the game come to him tonight and didn't really force the issue.

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Another cl:lolset Laker Fan

#OBSESSED

Mad you were wrong about Nash?

"He's gonna average 10 assists a game!"

So, when are we all going to pay for our "baskeball reasons?"

I'm waiting.

LkrFan
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Dude STFU. Every other post yo obsessed ass makes is bout your favorite team: The Lakers.

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Dude STFU. Every other post yo obsessed ass makes is bout your favorite team: The Lakers.

I take that as a no, then.

We are not paying for our "basketball reasons."

Oh, looking forward to the Nash vs. CP3 matchup tonight?

Venti Quattro
11-02-2012, 09:09 PM
sup 21_Dickings

LkrFan
11-02-2012, 09:11 PM
:lol - you got problems mid. We are about to be 3 games into the season. Shouldn't you save threads like dis after we play at least 20 games? You are so premature with your enthusiasm.

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
:lol - you got problems mid. We are about to be 3 games into the season. Shouldn't you save threads like dis after we play at least 20 games? You are so premature with your enthusiasm.

Not really. Expect this to be the norm with Nash throughout the season. Suns fans warned you it you happen. Analysts without Laker cock up their ass warned you it would happen. And other fanbases warned you it would happen. Granted, Nash is a crafty enough player that I'm sure he'll produce some impressive stat lines that'll once again have you swimming in your jizz (as you did all fuckin' Summer long), but anybody who knows even the slightest thing about basketball realizes Nash isn't a very good fit for this team.

LkrFan
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Not really. Expect this to be the norm with Nash throughout the season. Suns fans warned you it you happen. Analysts without Laker cock up their ass warned you it would happen. And other fanbases warned you it would happen. Granted, Nash is a crafty enough player that I'm sure he'll produce some impressive stat lines that'll once again have you swimming in your jizz (as you did all fuckin' Summer long), but anybody who knows even the slightest thing about basketball realizes Nash isn't a very good fit for this team.

Why not? PNR is available to them all game every game. But it's predictable and doesn't work in the playoffs. I read somewhere that the Lakers are running it a league low 6% of the time.

For as much shit as you guys talk about the Princeton, Kobe, Howard and Pau are thriving in it. I think this is by design. We expect these three to carry us offensively. When we start running PNR, Nash will resurface as well as get the scrubs better involved.

Kobe, Pau, Howard, and a trimmed down Artest all can run. Sure, fun and gun would win games on pure talent alone (see how the Lakers were like 21-3 to start the 2004 season just like that), but it would be fool's gold. Once they get the Princeton down, to make us less even less predictable and harder to prepare for, then you will see more PNR - especially during crucial times (i.e. end of quarters/games).

Howard is still not 100%. They have played 4 total games together with our big 4 (2 in preseason). This is hardly a finished Laker product. Jackasses like you are playing checkers with your premie celebration threads like this. The Lakers are playing chess. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

weebo
11-02-2012, 10:03 PM
the princeton offense only runs well on teams where 85% of the roster is white and their iqs are over 140...none of which the lakers have
:lol old fuck 24 chucks it too much
:lol older fuck stevie can't dribble all over the court anymore
:lol broke back howard can't pass
:lol metta world shizz too stoopid to play in that offense

HeatChamps
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
The better comparison is Nash or Blake. :lmao

midnightpulp
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Why not? PNR is available to them all game every game. But it's predictable and doesn't work in the playoffs. I read somewhere that the Lakers are running it a league low 6% of the time.

For as much shit as you guys talk about the Princeton, Kobe, Howard and Pau are thriving in it. I think this is by design. We expect these three to carry us offensively. When we start running PNR, Nash will resurface as well as get the scrubs better involved.

Kobe, Pau, Howard, and a trimmed down Artest all can run. Sure, fun and gun would win games on pure talent alone (see how the Lakers were like 21-3 to start the 2004 season just like that), but it would be fool's gold. Once they get the Princeton down, to make us less even less predictable and harder to prepare for, then you will see more PNR - especially during crucial times (i.e. end of quarters/games).

Howard is still not 100%. They have played 4 total games together with our big 4 (2 in preseason). This is hardly a finished Laker product. Jackasses like you are playing checkers with your premie celebration threads like this. The Lakers are playing chess. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

You knob slobbed Brown's defensive first philosophy and 4-down offense last year to the point where you predicting the Lakers would wind up looking like the Robinson/Duncan Spurs once "they figured it out." We told you the Lakers had other issues, namely lack of depth, perimeter defense, and point guard speed (always a feature of past champion Spurs' teams), but you were still convinced all was well. We were all playing checkers and the Lakers were playing chess.

And those issues still remain. Princeton offense or not. In the modern NBA, you need depth and athleticism more than ever before.

And if the Lakers can still run, how come they can't stop anybody from breaking on their ass?

HeatChamps
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Reality check. Nash isn't a good fit for the Lakers. They need a defensive first type point guard.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2012, 12:18 AM
pnr doesn't work in the playoffs now? sounds like some lakers fans are as stupid as monsieur les pommes de terre de la tete.

LkrFan
11-03-2012, 12:19 AM
pnr doesn't work in the playoffs now? sounds like some lakers fans are as stupid as monsieur les pommes de terre de la tete.
How many rings does Nash have? Numbnuts.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-03-2012, 12:59 AM
How many rings does Nash have? Numbnuts.

That's not what was said dipshit. The Suns didn't not win because the pnr wasn't effective. It was our team that took them out on our way to the championship. We used pnr sets constantly and got 4 championships and beat the Suns because we were able to outscore them using the sets. Larry Brown's team used a ton of them with Billups running the sets. Rondo runs them. the list goes on. Thosee are just the champions, there are all sorts of teams that went deep into the playoffs using the pnr as their staple.

You have to play defense and lo and behold pnr sets do not preclude that. The suns did not play defense despite scoring a shit ton of points and that is what did them in.

Oh how did you enjoy the game this evening btw?

ace3g
11-03-2012, 03:44 PM
John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann (https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann) Lakers say Steve Nash has a "small non-displaced fracture in the head of his fibula." Out a minimum of 1 week & then re-examined.
Retweeted by Tim C (https://twitter.com/TimC_PtR)

jeebus
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
"I got this buddy; I will carry the team to victory while you heal. Lakerfan can count on me!"

http://i.imgur.com/2ZR5t.jpg

midnightpulp
11-03-2012, 04:31 PM
John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann (https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann) Lakers say Steve Nash has a "small non-displaced fracture in the head of his fibula." Out a minimum of 1 week & then re-examined.
Retweeted by Tim C (https://twitter.com/TimC_PtR)

It wasn't a lateral move at all!

Lol Cobbler and Lkrfan.

Stabula
11-03-2012, 04:41 PM
"I got this buddy; I will carry the team to victory while you heal. Lakerfan can count on me!"

http://i.imgur.com/2ZR5t.jpg

this made me lol

midnightpulp
11-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Ramon Sessions: 16 and 4 on 6/7 shooting in 14 minutes thus far.

:lol Mitch

HeatChamps
11-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Fisher is underrated.

midnightpulp
11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Sessions: 17 points on 10 shots (nice true efficiency despite his poor shooting night), 9 dimes, and 3 boards.

Nash: Watching Kobe stat pad from the bench.

pass1st
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Sessions - 20% FG last game

It wouldn't make shit difference, the team gets to the line at will already. Sessions or Nash or Blake, none of them will make a difference on the Lakers and they aren't the problem. All 3 can't play a lick of D.

midnightpulp
11-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Sessions - 20% FG last game

It wouldn't make shit difference, the team gets to the line at will already. Sessions or Nash or Blake, none of them will make a difference on the Lakers and they aren't the problem. All 3 can't play a lick of D.

By getting rid of Sessions, you also got rid of a penetration threat in the half-court. Lakers are painfully one dimensional and slow on offense.

pass1st
11-07-2012, 11:59 PM
By getting rid of Sessions, you also got rid of a penetration threat in the half-court. Lakers are painfully one dimensional and slow on offense.

That made no difference last year outside of a few good games Sessions had. Will Sessions stop the turnovers? The poor transition D? The poor parameter defense? These reasons are why the Lakers are messing up, not the PG spot. Look at the points from fastbreaks, that was our weakness with Sessions too. It's not like he's going to help the lack of ball movement that has happened lately since the Blazer game.

midnightpulp
11-08-2012, 12:04 AM
That made no difference last year outside of a few good games Sessions had. Will Sessions stop the turnovers? The poor transition D? The poor parameter defense? These reasons are why the Lakers are messing up, not the PG spot. Look at the points from fastbreaks, that was our weakness with Sessions too. It's not like he's going to help the lack of ball movement that has happened lately since the Blazer game.

All that is asking too much of a PG. But he is certainly better than any PG the Lakers currently have, Nash included.

If the Lakers knew how to draft and actually develop young players, they might have some athletes that could help out with the poor transition and perimeter defense. But it's been proven, time and time again, that Mitch goes full retard when he is tasked to make roster decisions that can't just be solved by writing a big check.

pass1st
11-08-2012, 12:13 AM
All that is asking too much of a PG. But he is certainly better than any PG the Lakers currently have, Nash included.

If the Lakers knew how to draft and actually develop young players, they might have some athletes that could help out with the poor transition and perimeter defense. But it's been proven, time and time again, that Mitch goes full retard when he is tasked to make roster decisions that can't just be solved by writing a big check.

Not asking anything from the PG, it's not a huge impact to the Lakers team. I never figured Nash would be more than one of the 3pt shooters and somebody to get the ball to the bigs. Sessions is better than Blake for sure, I dunno what's up with Nash and it's too early for me to give a verdict on that - I'm always a wait and see person. Although he's healthy and Nash is not right now, so you got that right for now.

Athleticism isn't a strength on the Lakers, but they aren't crippling slow, our starters play too much which is a sign of bad rotation by the coaching staff. Our bench isn't great, but two at a time can be implanted to keep the players from playing too much. From what I've seen, they have been lazy on transition more than unable to keep up with it.

Also, Mitch has done fine getting Dwight for just Bynum. Where is Bynum now? How does a Gasol/Hill frontcourt sound to you? I hope you don't think that's a lateral move because Howard is healthy and has been doing a lot, almost 70% from the field and over 20ppg. He just can't carry the team. Now was getting Nash a bad move? It was a gamble, but no serious basketball fan expected Nash to do much besides get the ball into the hands of our front court.

HeatChamps
11-08-2012, 01:32 AM
It's important if your point guard can't defend. That's why Fisher is missed.

pass1st
11-08-2012, 02:06 AM
It's important if your point guard can't defend. That's why Fisher is missed.

:lol Fisher's best contributions to D was taking charges and being able to not get overpowered by bigger PGs. He's missed for his facilitating and clutch play

HeatChamps
11-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Fisher's D is underrated. Sure Parker was able to school him on occasions. But both Sessions and Nash are clearly worse on defense.

pass1st
11-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Fisher's D is underrated. Sure Parker was able to school him on occasions. But both Sessions and Nash are clearly worse on defense.

Fisher's D was doing dirty work, but he wasn't a sound defensive player overall. He got blown away by fast PGs like everybody like Blake would. Blake really is kinda underrated on D, some of you might laugh but he has 2 steals per game and has forced a fair number of bad shots. Of course, though, faster PGs can blow past him fairly consistently and he's slow on transition. Don't write Blake off as an absence of defense, though, he's doing more than you would have expected him to.

Fisher is better than Blake on D because of hustle and strength. Blake has arguably faster hands, and is surprisingly low on TOs.

midnightpulp
11-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Sessions: Averaging 17ppg, 4.4apg, 3.6rpg on the season. Responsible for the game winner last night.

Nash: Waiting in the wings to return and make the Lakers' defense even worse than it already is.

scanry
11-22-2012, 10:11 AM
mid going evil on em Lakers.

Bynumite
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Comparing Nash and Sessions is like comparing Kobe and Jimbo, one is an elite veteran putting up MVP numbers the other is done and is a frenchman's sidekick.

This thread is pointless, especially according to spurfan logic that "everybody can shine in a scrub team."

Clipper Nation
11-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Comparing Nash and Sessions is like comparing Kobe and Jimbo, one is an elite veteran putting up MVP numbers the other is done and is a frenchman's sidekick.

Pau is from Spain, not France :downspin:

Bynumite
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Pau is from Spain, not France :downspin:

I know 14 PPG on 43% shooting is a distant dream to DeMonkeyball Jordan but Pau is underperforming, he can do better than that tbh.

You're not making any sense, not with the type of numbers Kobe's putting up.

Now go back to your daily routine of juggling thunderfan's balls in your mouth and writing angry ref related emails to the NBA like a whiny little bitch.

ambchang
11-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Nash IS an elite veteran putting up MVP numbers? I thought he is rehabbing and playing recreational soccer on the side.

Bynumite
11-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Nash IS an elite veteran putting up MVP numbers? I thought he is rehabbing and playing recreational soccer on the side.

He's certainly capable of making a bigger impact on offense, that's for sure. But like i said the comparisons are pointless when Nash is injured and played only two regular season games running the princeton offense. Let's see what he does with D'Antoni at the helm.

Lincoln
11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Damn someone is a little obsessed with everything lakers

D12
11-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Damn someone is a little obsessed with everything lakers
Between Mid and Nono (Clipper Nation) it's hard to pick who's the more obsessed.

Bynumite
11-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Dickings/Midnight Butthurt is a sad individual. He claims to be a spurfan but he has (at least) 2 accounts that he uses to make nothing but Lakers related posts 24/7 :lol

D12
11-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Dickings/Midnight Butthurt is a sad individual. He claims to be a spurfan but he has (at least) 2 accounts that he uses to make nothing but Lakers related posts 24/7 :lol

Sad but funny, indeed.

Any guess as to who Clipper Nation is? I'm more than sure that's El Nono. From the frequent visits to the political forum and similar posting style, the only thing different is the name of the team on the user profile. :lol fake Clippers fan to talk shit to the greatest franchise in the land :lol sad pathetic middle aged life with so much downtime :lol beer belly alcoholic Argentinian

D12
11-22-2012, 01:04 PM
There's the alcoholic signing in to respond to me

Clipper Nation
11-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm not anyone's troll, but by all means, keep making shitful guesses... :lol

:lol D12
:lol Lakaluva's new troll
:lol Naruto

ElNono
11-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Between Mid and Nono (Clipper Nation) it's hard to pick who's the more obsessed.

uh? not me, tbh :lol

:lol Lakerfan on the defensive
:lol shitty alts
:lol your team sucks, deal with it

ElNono
11-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Any guess as to who Clipper Nation is? I'm more than sure that's El Nono. From the frequent visits to the political forum and similar posting style, the only thing different is the name of the team on the user profile. :lol fake Clippers fan to talk shit to the greatest franchise in the land :lol sad pathetic middle aged life with so much downtime :lol beer belly alcoholic Argentinian

I have no trolls luva... timvp/the Ellis girl can confirm, tbh

:lol Clippers best team in LA
:lol mad lakerfan
:lol Naruto

purplengold
11-22-2012, 02:26 PM
sessions been playin like horse shit, not sure if he even better that morris

pass1st
11-22-2012, 02:37 PM
:lol Sessions had a few good games and became shit, just like last season. Not much to watch

LkrFan
12-28-2012, 01:42 AM
*** BUMP ***

Nash played like shit in MB's system (for the record, MB is the only significant NBA HC that was groomed under Pop, but that's a different thread). He missed about 24 games with a fractured wheel. Since returning from injury and playing in his system, here is his body of work:

14.3 ppg on 64.2% shooting; 80% shooting from downtown; 100% from the charity stripe. This is staying true to his 50/40/90 form he has displayed for years.
9.3 apg

Nash's season statline will say 10/7, but again, this was playing in MB's system that make his numbers shitty. MB tried to turn him into Fisher.

Now contrast that to Sessions, a player 8 years his junior:

14.7 ppg on 40.8% shooting; 32.7% shooting from downtown; 79.2% from the charity stripe
4.1 apg

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/592/steve-nash)

Dallas
12-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Steve Nash is one of the great basketball point guards in NBAŽ history. Although the Dallas Mavericks accept all compliments for having developed the 6'3 170 pounder into the player he is today, we will not accept the notion that Steve Nash is, in practicality, a decent defensive basketball player.

midnightpulp
12-28-2012, 02:23 AM
*** BUMP ***

Nash played like shit in MB's system (for the record, MB is the only significant NBA HC that was groomed under Pop, but that's a different thread). He missed about 24 games with a fractured wheel. Since returning from injury and playing in his system, here is his body of work:

14.3 ppg on 64.2% shooting; 80% shooting from downtown; 100% from the charity stripe. This is staying true to his 50/40/90 form he has displayed for years.
9.3 apg

Nash's season statline will say 10/7, but again, this was playing in MB's system that make his numbers shitty. MB tried to turn him into Fisher.

Now contrast that to Sessions, a player 8 years his junior:

14.7 ppg on 40.8% shooting; 32.7% shooting from downtown; 79.2% from the charity stripe
4.1 apg

LINK (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/592/steve-nash)

Won't last.

LkrFan
12-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Won't last.
You're right, he won't shoot lights out like this all year. I expect those numbers to go down somewhat as the season progresses.

He is still a massive upgrade over Sessions. I fully expect him to shoot at an efficient clip all year. I also expect him to average 8-10 dimes the rest of the year. Offense isn't the Lakers' problem so he'll keep producing. He avg 12.5/10.7 last year with shitty teammates. Why wouldn't at least maintain that with a better supporting cast? We'll just agree to disagree.

Norris Cole
12-28-2012, 02:16 PM
You're right, he won't shoot lights out like this all year. I expect those numbers to go down somewhat as the season progresses.

He is still a massive upgrade over Sessions. I fully expect him to shoot at an efficient clip all year. I also expect him to average 8-10 dimes the rest of the year. Offense isn't the Lakers' problem so he'll keep producing. He avg 12.5/10.7 last year with shitty teammates. Why wouldn't at least maintain that with a better supporting cast? We'll just agree to disagree.
Awesome numbers in Denver...

Michael Jordan.
09-21-2013, 04:37 PM

Gonna have to talk to da ole ball coach after det one.

Venti Quattro
01-18-2014, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T5zqD3S4Pc