PDA

View Full Version : Suns: So, Tyler and Cody Zeller have a brother who's also 6'11" but sucks at basketball...

Edward
11-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Who does he play for?

You guessed it, the team where shitty siblings go to play, the Phoenix Suns! :lmao

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6502.png&w=350&h=254

I'm now convinced the Suns' front office is just trolling with the crappy sibling shtick at this point. I refuse to believe an NBA team has a GM or VP of basketball ops dumb enough to believe a 7 footer who only averaged 4.8 points and 2.8 rebounds his senior year of college belongs in the NBA just because he has two brothers with NBA talent. The only plausible explanation for why Zeller is on an NBA roster is because the Suns felt like making a joke by signing another crappy sibling who doesn't belong in the NBA. Yes, using a roster spot for the sake of trolling fans and making joke is illogical and incredibly stupid, but the chances of it happening are much higher than someone making decisions for a pro basketball team believing Luke Zeller actually belongs in the NBA.

FkLA
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
:lol

He played with the Spurs in preseason like two seasons ago IIRC. Hes like a poor mans Bonner. Robin Lopez, Blake Griffins brother, this guy, and anyone else ?

mavs>spurs
11-03-2012, 01:33 PM
there's one more those twins i forget their name

jeebus
11-03-2012, 01:33 PM
yeah, this goofy looking faggot is a perennial all star on the Spurs summer league team. each year he shows up and each year everyone is wondering what the fuck he's doing there. kud:lols to the Suns for adding this vaginal discharge to their team

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 01:35 PM
there's one more those twins i forget their name

Collins

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Suns brass is pulling an NCAA recruiting trick, forgetting that taking the crappier brother in the NBA doesn't mean the better brother follows as is somewhat typical for college.

mavs>spurs
11-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Collins

naw i was going for the morris twins rofl

TimmehC
11-03-2012, 01:42 PM
They should sign Luke Bonner while they're at it.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
naw i was going for the morris twins rofl

Markieff breaks the mold as, while still somewhat crappy, he's been the better of the two. Suns had the shittier Collins twin for a year or two a few years back.

timvp
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd bet my eternal soul that Luke Zeller is the worst player in the NBA. He's horrible for a summer league player. He's even a below average D-League player. In college he sucked too.

When I saw that he made the Suns, I was shocked. I was pissed that the Spurs put him on their summer league team again. Actually making an NBA team? Wow, things must be bad in PHX, tbh.

FkLA
11-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Both Collins twins sucked imo. Both were pretty much 7 foot stiffs that made a living out of setting screens and playing average defense.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Both Collins twins sucked imo. Both were pretty much 7 foot stiffs that made a living out of setting screens and playing average defense.

Understood, that's why I said "shittier" meaning both sucked, but Suns got the lesser plop in the bowl.

timvp
11-03-2012, 02:08 PM
A career 40% shooter in the D-League and has never averaged double figures. Averaged less than seven points on ~37% shooting for the Spurs in summer league and was literally not even one of the top ten players on the team. Can't rebound. Horrific defender. I mean, he literally does nothing well as a basketball player ... unless being tall and missing outside jumpers is considered a skill.

For a rebuilding team to waste a roster spot on someone with zero potential is pretty laughable, tbh. Who is doing the trolling ... Blanks or Babby?

Pelicans78
11-03-2012, 02:11 PM
This is the same team who drafted Kendall Marshall, signed Michael Beasley to an 18 million dollar contract, and traded for Wesley Johnson.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I think they are hoping for their own tired white shit bag to be their new fan favorite.

mavs>spurs
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Markieff breaks the mold as, while still somewhat crappy, he's been the better of the two. Suns had the shittier Collins twin for a year or two a few years back.

umm the other twin was injured all year wasn't he? lol. he's been better than the suns morris through 2 games so far this year, we'll see.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
If Marcus holds to this years averages, and Markieff rides the bench rol at 15 mpg, yeah, Suns end up with the lesser statistical twin... Markieff had some nice games when given minutes last year. Suns will end up wasting whatever potential he does have.

Edward
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Marcus was by far the better college player. The Suns' thought process when drafting Marqueef was pretty identical to the thought process they used when drafting Lopez, "His brother was the much more skilled and better offensive player, which of course must mean he's the better defensive player and rebounder!" For whatever reason, the Suns' FO thinks that when one twin is the better offensive player and scorer, that automatically means the other twin hustles more, plays better defense, and rebounds better. I remember them raving about Taylor Griffin's hustle and defense when they drafted him too.

I don't see either one ever amounting to much, but Marcus is already better and has a much better chance at amounting to something. There's a reason MarQueef only gets 17 MPG, it's because he sucks. He's supposedly a hard working power forward yet he's a mediocre rebounder at best and is an incredibly inefficient offensive player. He shot below 40% last year and is shooting below 30% through 2 games this year. Marcus is by far the better player.

Edward
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Who is doing the trolling ... Blanks or Babby?
Probably Babby.

When I hear Lance Blanks talk he sounds like a legitimately dumb human being who doesn't have any idea how retarded he sounds. He's also trying to have a successful career as an executive so if he loses his job it's a big deal. If Babby loses his job he's made millions as an agent already and has a career to fall back on, while some of the stuff he says/does is so stupid that it's as if he's deliberately trying to piss Suns fans off.

After the 2011 season, Lon Babby acted surprised at the fact fans were livid they went from the conference finals to a 40-42 record in one year. He said something like, "A lot of teams would be thrilled with a 40-42 record." There's no way someone with a law degree from Yale is actually stupid enough to he "surprised" that fans weren't happy about going from the WCF to the lottery in one year.

His first move as the Suns' GM was giving his client a contract probably double what any other team was willing to give, which was another thing I refuse to believe a Yale Law School graduate was stupid enough to think was a smart move or naive enough to think no one would suspect nepotism.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2012, 04:30 PM
They have to be tanking. No other explanation.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
They need to, this year and especially next... Gotta get Nerlens Noel and Andrew Wiggins!

timvp
11-03-2012, 05:08 PM
When I hear Lance Blanks talk he sounds like a legitimately dumb human being who doesn't have any idea how retarded he sounds.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure who could interview him and then hire him for an important job. He was the Spurs color commentator for a season (or was it two?) and he made Reggie Miller sound like Winston Churchill. Babby's claim to fame is he undercut other agents with the idea of charging by the hour instead of taking a percent. Not exactly the duo I'd want to run a basketball team.

8FOR!3
11-03-2012, 08:32 PM
At least Robin Lopez is an NBA player with legit center size, a decent midrange jumper he's developing, and an ok defensive/rebounding game. idk though, Phoenix seems to have enough talent to be a team who shouldn't be going for a top pick next year, why the hell do they have this guy on their roster? Just goes to show how stupid Phoenix's FO are and how valuable bigs who can shoot the three are.