PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Would Phildo be inserted as again as Lacker coach??

Fabbs
11-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Phil bored in Montana?
Another WWE belt enough to motivate Phil?

Samuel Eto'o
11-04-2012, 02:05 AM
you bring up some great points, fabbs.

rayjayjohnson
11-04-2012, 02:11 AM
i doubt it. phil has got all he needed out of the chucker's tired old ass.

no way would he come back to coach a team that still has kobe, but a kobe with nothing left in the tank to offset his massive ego.

Jodelo
11-04-2012, 04:55 AM
Stacked tream, so yes.

Bynumite
11-04-2012, 09:19 AM
So Faggs crawls from under his whale girlfriend to start this exact same thread again? What a fag :lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202304&p=6075494#post6075494

scanry
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
So Faggs crawls from under his whale girlfriend to start this exact same thread again? What a fag :lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202304&p=6075494#post6075494

:lol

Fabbs
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Stacked tream, so yes.
yeah figure with Phil knowing the ref factor is the Laker bread and butter, this team should be stacked enough even with Kirby being 37.

Fabbs
11-10-2012, 12:32 AM
you bring up some great points, fabbs.
Thank you.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8612254/phil-jackson-open-nba-coaching-return-sources-say

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
phil coming back only shows how overrated as a coach he is, dude is an opportunists who only jumps onto teams that have players great or top5 at their positions...

can this clown coach a team of scrubs...

him coming back with the triangle would allow kobe to be kobe again....while the other 2-3 players will be under utilize, then again a win is a win right?

lefty
11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Outside of ASG, has Phil ever coached a team with a real PG?

pass1st
11-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Outside of ASG, has Phil ever coached a team with a real PG?

Pippen played PG a lot :lol

Malik Hairston
11-10-2012, 02:41 AM
:lol Kobe continuing to use excuses more than any player in sports history..

*Paraphrasing* "I'd like to see Phil back because of the way he went out, I was playing on one leg"..

Latarian Milton
11-10-2012, 05:49 AM
phil knows what the team's ceiling is tbh. dude stepped down when he realized that kobe and the team had run out their title chances, DH makes their squad look decent but still gives them no chips to challenge the heat.

Koolaid_Man
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
phil knows what the team's ceiling is tbh. dude stepped down when he realized that kobe and the team had run out their title chances, DH makes their squad look decent but still gives them no chips to challenge the heat.

With a rejuvenated, motivated, and well rested Phil back on our side...the Heat are fucking burnt toast...in case you haven't noticed the Heat haven't been exactly setting enemy camp fires if you know what I mean...

now as for Brown.....let me just say WELCOME HOME PHIL :lol

"I don't like firing anyone," says Buss.

So was it Kobe's death stare that did in Brown?

"I saw it, but I believed it was aimed at somebody else and not Mike Brown," says Buss. "And I wouldn't call it a death stare; it's just Kobe and he doesn't like losing."

It feels like a panic move; Kobe calls fans "idiots" for panicking earlier and tells the media Thursday when asked about Brown, "I've been his biggest supporter."

And Buss repeats himself.

"I told you no player was consulted; it probably came as a shock to Kobe. It was something Mitch, my dad and I have been looking at for some time, and that means practices, preseason games, everything. It had nothing to do with the fans or anything else except we just weren't comfortable the way things were going and we want to win. Everyone in the room was unanimous it was time for a change."

Buss says the Lakers' big four will be consulted as part of the due diligence required in hiring a new coach so no one is blindsided by someone they just can't stand.

"I know people will say that I don't want Phil, but what more can I do than say it's just not true," says Buss. "We're going to do everything we can right now to set this right."

[email protected]

benefactor
11-10-2012, 02:58 PM
Remember det time Faggs made a thread about stalking people at San Antonio public swimming pools?

pass1st
11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Remember det time Faggs made a thread about stalking people at San Antonio public swimming pools?

the fuck? :lol

UZER
11-10-2012, 03:48 PM
:lol it never ends with this dude....

"You guys know how I feel about Phil,"*Kobe Bryant
said, without having been asked about Jackson specifically. "The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is the last year [of Jackson's second term with the Lakers] I wasn't able to give him my normal self, you know what I mean, because I was playing on one leg.
"That's always kind of eaten away at me. The last year of his career, I wasn't able to give him everything I had."

Again with the one leg. That's didn't stop Lisa from winning the dance contest at the Maxx.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
:lol it never ends with this dude....

"You guys know how I feel about Phil,"*Kobe Bryant
said, without having been asked about Jackson specifically. "The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is the last year [of Jackson's second term with the Lakers] I wasn't able to give him my normal self, you know what I mean, because I was playing on one leg.
"That's always kind of eaten away at me. The last year of his career, I wasn't able to give him everything I had."

Again with the one leg. That's didn't stop Lisa from winning the dance contest at the Maxx.

Dude he only had 1 leg, Vanessa had the other leg during that time period.

namlook
11-10-2012, 07:38 PM
95% chance Phil returns

http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers-news-lakers-95-sure-phil-jackson-will-return-as-head-coach
(http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers-news-lakers-95-sure-phil-jackson-will-return-as-head-coach)

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing (https://twitter.com/KevinDing) Phil Jackson enjoyed meeting with Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss at Phil's home in Playa del Rey today. This. Is. Happening.

(http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers-news-lakers-95-sure-phil-jackson-will-return-as-head-coach) KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing (https://twitter.com/KevinDing) It's possible Phil could be back in place as Lakers coach by Tuesday vs. Spurs, though more likely Friday vs. Suns.

(http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers-news-lakers-95-sure-phil-jackson-will-return-as-head-coach)

DMC
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Phil Jackson; a coach who never got in the way of a team on it's way to the Finals.

Clipper Nation
11-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Apparently the Lakers are also going to interview Mike Dumbleavy Sr....

It would SO be a classic Jimmy Buss move if he hired Dumbleavy instead of Phil :lol

Jacob1983
11-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Bring him back so the Lakers can get more one belt and then retire as a champ for good.

Stabula
11-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Phil Jackson is overrated he just got so many championships because he was surrounded by so much star power all the time.

namlook
11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Phil Jackson is overrated he just got so many championships because he was surrounded by so much star power all the time.

Would make total sense except other coaches couldn't win with the same players.

russellgoat
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Kobe can't win without the greatest coach ever.

DMC
11-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Would make total sense except other coaches couldn't win with the same players.

That's a side note. It doesn't work that way. Phil won't coach a team that doesn't have, at least on paper, the lion's share of the talent in the NBA. He's a cherry picker. Any coach that's coached more than 1 team who has as many rings as he has must have a set of criteria for accepting coaching jobs that doesn't include developing teams. So Phil isn't as much a coach as he is a counselor. What does Phil know about the game that he's able to teach players that enables them to be good enough as a team to win? Nothing. That's why his players and assistants don't do shit after they leave LA and quite often not even in LA. He gets stars and he manages them, but he doesn't coach them. He once said Kobe was uncoachable, I wonder how he would know.

Phil drives the fastest race car better than the other available drivers could. The available drivers were always those who've wrecked other race cars or just couldn't get the cars to even start. Phil has been constantly compared to mediocre assistant turned head coach types while his record gets compared to true coaches who weren't on the market as often as he's been.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Kobe can't win without the greatest coach ever.
He's never been coached by Popovich...

DMC
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Bring him back so the Lakers can get more one belt and then retire as a champ for good.

Let him come back. I want to see him get ushered out a loser again, this time with Kobe blaming him in the media and Howard looking to sign in Brooklyn. There's no fucking way the LA experiment ends nicely.

namlook
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
What does Phil know about the game that he's able to teach players that enables them to be good enough as a team to win?

Asked and answered.

"He teaches guys to be thinkers," Bryant said of Jackson. "He teaches us the little nuances, the details, the intricacies of the game that just a lot of people don't know. It's no fault of their own, but when it comes to basketball he's at a genius level."

Clipper Nation
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Asked and answered.

"He teaches guys to be thinkers," Bryant said of Jackson. "He teaches us the little nuances, the details, the intricacies of the game that just a lot of people don't know. It's no fault of their own, but when it comes to basketball he's at a genius level."

"When I asked Kobe to stop his habit of screaming at his teammates on the court because it creates insecurity, he came right back at me. 'That's bullshit,' he said. 'You're the one that's causing them to be anxious. They’re afraid to make a mistake.'"
- Phil Jackson

"I went upstairs to see Mitch in his office. Wasting no time, I went off on a tirade about the need to deal Kobe before the trading deadline in mid-February. 'I won’t coach this team next year if he is still here,' I said emphatically. 'He won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had it with this kid.' My monologue-Mitch barely said a word at first-reminded me of similar eruption in the middle of my first year when I presented what I thought was a very logical argument for trading Kobe at that time. 'Everyone says what a mature person this kid is,' I said. 'He’s not mature at all.' The deal I had in mind was Kobe to Phoenix for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.”
- Phil Jackson

"Finally it was Kobe’s turn. 'You know how much I hate this f***ing offense,' Kobe said."
- Phil Jackson

DMC
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Asked and answered.

So Kobe forgets those after Phil leave? Kobe knows Kobe, doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone else.

Just look at all the great assistants and players that have developed under Phil and gone on to be leaders on other teams... *crickets*

I guess they forget all that genius teaching after they leave.

Because Phil was MJ's coach, other players give him free respect that other coaches don't get. Phil doesn't have to do anything. He just sits there pretending to be a genius and all the little fan boys who cannot connect the dots lap at his wrinkled scrotum.

namlook
11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
^^^If you like that then a good read is also The Jordan Rules.