PDA

View Full Version : LSU's Les Miles may let Jordan Jefferson talk to the team

BRHornet45
11-04-2012, 03:19 AM
LSU's Les Miles may let Jordan Jefferson talk to the team

LSU coach Les Miles said he's not against former quarterback Jordan Jefferson speaking to his former teammates at the suggestion of a state judge, but he has not approved it, either. Jefferson has been arrested twice in the last 15 months, most recently for simple possession of marijuana. That arrest spurred him to plead no contest Wednesday to simple battery charge in connection with the Shady's bar fight in August of 2011.

Miles was caught off guard by the question at Wednesday's post-practice media briefing and said he hasn't had time to consider the matter.

"I have yet to approve that, certainly," he said. "I just heard about it myself. I'm not against that. We've brought in a number of people to speak to our team about conducting themselves in (the right) fashion off the field.

"I think it's always appropriate when people who have credibility in the room speak to the team. There's a lot of guys on this team that know him that would expect him to be a different guy, not involved in those things. I suspect that he would have a great message for his teammates."

Jefferson was released from prison, fined $100 and sentenced to a year's probation by state district judge Chip Moore. He must also submit to random drug testing over that year and perform 30 hours of community service. Speaking to the team he once played for would be part of his community service.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/10/lsu_coach_les_miles_said_he_ma.html

DMX7
11-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Ok.

Fpoonsie
11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Ok.