PDA

View Full Version : OT: When does play become clutch?

AussieFanKurt
11-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Was just thinking about this - would it be entire last quarter, or just an entire playoff game?

Raven
11-04-2012, 08:18 AM
a clutch play is a play made when all your team struggles, it doesn't really mean much when it is done.

SpurSwag
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I think a lot depends on the situation, on and off the court. For example, I know lebron has a lot of haters, but I honestly think his game 6 against Boston last year, a game where he didn't even play in the 4th, was the clutchest performance in a long time considering how screwed he'd be by media and the fact that the big 3 would probably have been split up. But that same performance in game1 of that series isn't clutch

Clipper Nation
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
A clutch play is made when LeBron or CP3 is involved, tbh...

purplengold
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
most obvious clutch be game winners / tying shots in the last few secs

besides that, it also when you elevate yo game in crunch time. crunch time depend on da situation. it start earlier if yo team is down more, but it considered ta happen durin the 4th

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
clutch is the most overrated performance ever, and whatever identify and determine the definition what clutch really means...

there are wanker sin the league who win games from behind, if they were that good they wouldnt have to put their team in position to be playin from behind

then there are guys who never know what clutch is, cause their team is always winning in blowout wins...

so how do you determine clutch?

Kidd K
11-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Making good plays (inclduing defense) and hitting shots in close games or when momentum is shifting (runs or droughts), or late in games to help seal a win. Just hitting the last shot to win doesn't make a player clutch imo if they bricked their last 4 or sucked it up on D' to put them in that terrible position in the first place. But the last shot will always get called clutch no matter what the player did before it. I don't agree with that tbh. At best that barely makes up for their boneheadedness before it.

ffadicted
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
A mix between the stakes and difficulty imo

But the last shot will always get called clutch no matter what the player did before it. I don't agree with that tbh. At best that barely makes up for their boneheadedness before it.
Well if you think about it, it could be considered more "clutch" depending on your definition... Takes balls to suck all game and at the end still be like "yo' I got this"

Kidd K
11-04-2012, 03:03 PM
A mix between the stakes and difficulty imo

Well if you think about it, it could be considered more "clutch" depending on your definition... Takes balls to suck all game and at the end still be like "yo' I got this"

Nah I don't mean all game man. It's different if you're off most of the game then close out the 4th really well. What I mean would be like. . .let's say you're up 6, then you keep taking all your teams possesions and throw up bricks 5xx in a row, and let your man score on you 3x. Now you're down 2. Then you jack up a three at the end ftw.

Is that clutch? By most definitions, that's clutch because it's the hitting last shot ftw. But to me, considering that you would've dug that hole to begin with, I can't think of that as a clutch performance. I think what happens before the end gets understated most of the time.

AussieFanKurt
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
The word clutch is thrown around so much, probably too much, one day it'll probably just be any piece of good play at any time