PDA

View Full Version : NBA: How Many Titles Will the Heat Win

HeatChamps
11-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I don't see anyone stopping them. Must suck for the rest of the league. Lebron's speech is the truth. I'm thinking 7 titles.

Juggity
11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Ceiling of five, floor of three.

Lebron's original prediction assumed he would win in his first year with the Heat, which didn't happen. By the time he (potentially) gets to five, he won't be able to do everything on his own and Wade will already be an old man on the verge of retiring.

lakerhaterade
11-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Probably 3-4. Lebron will get old and wont be able to rely on det über athletic advantage currently possessed.

Kidd K
11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
1-2 more. They aren't going to run the table like people think.

But they will appear in the Finals most of the time since the east still sucks.

purplengold
11-04-2012, 02:21 PM
prolly 2, wade ain't gon age well n it just be bosh n Lebron afta that.

jeebus
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
maybe 1 more and that's it. Wade will fade into Arenas and the old players looking to ride coat tails to a ring won't be of any help.

HeatChamps
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
lol jeebus. You wish.

Richie
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I think they'll get 2 more over the next 4 years. All depends on whether Rose comes back to 100% and gives them a challenge in the East. That conference is so weak it's laughable.

lakerhaterade
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Actually I take my prediction back. Have to agree somewhat with others who have already referenced the age in players in addition to Wade. The Heat are an old team on the perimeter. They have moved towards being a jumpshooting team now. That's never always a good thing. The bright side for Heat fans, you still got Lebron. So anything is possible.

jeebus
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
lol jeebus. You wish.
your dream of 7 is a bigger pipe dream

ElNono
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
their contracts are structured well, plus Pat Riley is a cold-blooded businessman, so I suspect when Wade starts showing his age, he'll trade his ass off for another star to take on his salary. 3 titles with Lebron sounds like a safe bet.

BanditHiro
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
3 titles which will probably put Lebron in the top 5 players of all-time

irishock
11-04-2012, 05:10 PM
3 titles which will probably put Lebron in the top 5 players of all-time

Still though, Kobe Bryant would have 5 compared to LeBron's 4.

jeebus
11-04-2012, 05:22 PM

while food stamps did have Shaq and Pau, they don't compare to the super friends teaming up

midnightpulp
11-04-2012, 05:51 PM

And how many would Lebron James have if was drafted on that '96/97 Lakers team?

Sad to say, but our Spurs don't win one ring (maybe '99).

#41 Shoot Em Up
11-04-2012, 06:53 PM

99 Problems
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
At least two more min', if Le Brian stays. Potentially more when they take Irving, Wall, Davis, KD or whoever they want.

Richie
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
their contracts are structured well, plus Pat Riley is a cold-blooded businessman, so I suspect when Wade starts showing his age, he'll trade his ass off for another star to take on his salary. 3 titles with Lebron sounds like a safe bet.

Wade will almost certainly have a no trade clause

ElNono
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Wade will almost certainly have a no trade clause

Doesn't right now, afaik

Richie
11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Doesn't right now, afaik

Is it the kind of thing teams usually publicise?

ElNono
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Is it the kind of thing teams usually publicise?

It's the kind of things team have to inform to the league. AFAIK, the only two players with no trade clauses on their contracts are Kobe and Duncan (Tim since his new contract last summer).

I'm also not sure Wade qualified for a no-trade deal in his last contract, since in the NBA you have to have at least 8 complete seasons before that clause can be added on a contract (and 4 years with the same team, which Wade had).

ElNono
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Actually, add KG and Dirk to the players with no-trade clauses. That's it AFAIK.

EDIT: Here's the same info: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/9/20/3362352/kevin-garnett-tim-duncan-no-trade-clause

Jacob1983
11-05-2012, 02:47 AM
2 or maybe 3 more maximum. Lebron's body is going to break down just like Kobe and Wade's bodies are already breaking down. Wade is going to regress in 2 or 3 seasons because of his age and health.

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2012, 04:27 AM
even if they do regress, stilll the league is pretty shit at those positions that could even put up a fight against them...

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
bron still has say 7-8 good years ahead of him at least. although the rest of team are mostly on the wrong side of 30, we'll remain the favorite to ring for another 3 years something even with the same squad imho, and we won't have any hard time finding some quality players willing to join us for shitty pay as long as we remain atop the league. it depends all upon how long bron will remain at the highest level imho. we'll start rebuilding right away once bron turns TOSB since we don't have such a great coach like pop who can make up a great team out of mediocre talents

Ace
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Miami still has a chance at 4 at best with a minimum of 3. People are downplaying Bosh and writing Wade off too early. Wade is impactful in more ways than people realized.

Ace
11-05-2012, 10:23 AM
With Pat Riley, Miami can keep in contention for years. He is great in free agency and bringing guys in.

stretch
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
People are downplaying Bosh and writing Wade off too early. Wade is impactful in more ways than people realized.

This, especially the Wade part. Yes, he is probably not going to be a 25-30 ppg scorer anymore, but does he really need to with Lebron there? If he can consistently give 17-22 ppg in an efficient manner, and play tough defense and do dirty work (Pippen), which is exactly what he did that put them over the top last year, then they will be fine for quite awhile. And I'm pretty confident he is more than capable of doing that for at least another 4-5 seasons, if not longer as long as he takes care of himself physically.

DAF86
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm a San Antonio Heat fan but you gotta take into consideration that in recent time no team has gotten to the final more than three years in a row (the three year rule). If they get to the final this year I wouldn't bet on them getting back there the next one. They way they are currently constructed I say the have a chance for 2 or 3 more max.

ambchang
11-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Tough to predict, you never know what the other teams will do. If the Lakers manage to get rid of the two TOSBs contracts and load the team up with a point guard of CP3's caliber, get a bench and another PF, they will win multiple championships.

If OKC can replace beard with a dynamic play making sixth man (doubtful), or Westbrook will dial down and actually learn to play smarter, you are looking at multiple championships for them.

You also never know what other teams will do, and to look at a team as vacuum, with no regards of how the other teams in the league will accomplish is not the right way to look at it.

Ace
11-05-2012, 11:08 AM
This, especially the Wade part. Yes, he is probably not going to be a 25-30 ppg scorer anymore, but does he really need to with Lebron there? If he can consistently give 17-22 ppg in an efficient manner, and play tough defense and do dirty work (Pippen), which is exactly what he did that put them over the top last year, then they will be fine for quite awhile. And I'm pretty confident he is more than capable of doing that for at least another 4-5 seasons, if not longer as long as he takes care of himself physically.
Exactly, as Wade declines and starts to score less, Bosh can take over the role of second option on offense. Bosh can put up points as he has shown multiple times and as recently against Denver when he put up 40. Wade in that game was effective in other ways including 4 blocks.

stretch
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
If OKC can replace beard with a dynamic play making sixth man (doubtful), or Westbrook will dial down and actually learn to play smarter, you are looking at multiple championships for them.

Lol, no.

TIMMYtoZO
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I say 4 more with the 3 Kings. Lebron/Bosh have many great seasons ahead for them, and Wade will slide into that 3rd option role very nicely as he ages. Chalmers is young, and they can fill out the rest with vets who want to join a dynasty. It also helps that Riley is running the show here.